Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Profile for Nate > Reviews

Browse

Nate's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nate RSS Feed (Denver, Co United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Winning Well: A Manager's Guide to Getting Results---Without Losing Your Soul
Winning Well: A Manager's Guide to Getting Results---Without Losing Your Soul
by David M. Dye
Price: $16.27
56 used & new from $10.78

5.0 out of 5 stars There are many things I love about this book, June 13, 2016
There are many things I love about this book. I'll start with this isn't a nebulous book on management that is applicable only to the c-suite. This book is for managers. Middle managers get from their bosses and from the people they manage / lead. They need to the tools to survive and ultimately thrive. Yet they seem to be forgotten. I'm glad to say that is no longer the case with this fine read. There were multiple takeaways for me that I will think about and use in the future, so that made it well worth the purchase price and the time spent reading it.

Audio Technica ATH-SJ11 Audio Headphones, Black Green
Audio Technica ATH-SJ11 Audio Headphones, Black Green
Price: $30.18
4 used & new from $25.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Headphones For The Price / Quality Calculus, April 8, 2016
I get very tired of buying headphones. I don't want cheap, crappy headphones but I'm not going to throw down a bunch of money for headphones that I have to throw away because the male connector jack gets bent. This is a recurring problem for me. I continue to go down in price for the headphones I buy. These are the perfect price / performance in my opinion. @ $20 If I have to throw these away, I'm not crestfallen, as with the pricier ones I've purchased. These sound great, are priced well and they are quite comfortable. I was recommended this brand by an audio engineer. I really love this pair of headphones. I like them enough that I'll buy them again if I bend the connecting jack and I need to replace them! ;)

The Culture Engine: A Framework for Driving Results, Inspiring Your Employees, and Transforming Your Workplace
by Chris Edmonds
Price: $17.51
57 used & new from $11.54

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource for anyone who is going to build a team., April 8, 2016
I am a startup junkie. As such, I view culture through the startup lens, which is my primary focus. I've been starting companies for, ahem, longer than I care to admit -- 20 years. When I was younger, I, like many others, was chasing huge ideas and big paydays and giving little thought to culture. Like many of my entrepreneurial compatriots I thought culture was important, but not mission critical. I learned quickly that I was wrong.

Starting companies is hard, very hard. The one (and only) guarantee is that you will walk away with experience. Whether your experience is a good or bad one will largely be determined by the people that are in the foxhole with you, the TEAM and CULTURE that you build. Of course with the right team, your odds of success are greatly improved. Winning is a byproduct of a correct process that your team follows zealously.

I digress, however. The Culture Engine is great resource I wish I had read a long time ago. I will use it as a reference going forward. It is chocked full of wisdom and there really could be an accompanying workbook in addition to the book itself. I have nearly every page marked up or starred.

For pleasure I read history or biographies normally. I'm always looking for an edge or learning from others who have gone before me. Their advice, their essence distilled in a book speaks to me. "The Culture Engine" is profound and reads this way to me on culture. Here are a few of my favorite takeaways:

If you are only paying attention to results you are leaving money on the table. This is so on the mark that I think even CEOs might understand this culture hubbub.

I liked work that we needed to do while reading the book. I codified my personal values and leadership philosophy, This was great stuff that cause introspection on my part.

Overall, I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs to put a team together. I believe that you will find it is a valuable resource to use going forward. This will be in my business library next to John Wooden, Jim Collins, Andy Grove and other seminal books I reference again and again.

Veep: Season 1
Veep: Season 1
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Immensely funny., November 24, 2015
This review is from: Veep: Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Veep is so well written and executed. I am watching for a second time. I missed a lot of the jokes the first time around because I was laughing too hard!

High Output Management
High Output Management
by Andrew S. Grove
Price: $8.70
107 used & new from $4.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For Managers At All Levels. It's Crazy How Relevant This Book Still is. Impressive., August 7, 2015
This review is from: High Output Management (Paperback)
I am such an admirer of Intel the company, in particular Robert Noyce. Gordon Moore also. I viewed Grove as a grouchy old curmudgeon and never paid too much attention to his perspective because of his temperament. Boy was I missing out. I have new found respect for Mr Grove. I purchased this after reading Ben Horowitz's book, "The Hard Thing About Hard Things.' In which Mr Horowitz calls this best management book ever written.

This book reads like a text book. There is ZERO fluff in it. I believe that would accurately describe Andy Grove, all substance and no fluff. Mr Grove is so smart and thorough and topics covered so dense that it took me a few times reading certain parts to fully understand the concepts. I can't recommend this book enough. I have purchased many copies and i hand them out to friends of mine who I believe will read and put into practice the advice from this seminal work.

Roku HD Streaming Player (Old Model)
Roku HD Streaming Player (Old Model)
Offered by Best Deals Ever, LLC
Price: $80.00
20 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive device, August 18, 2012
I don't have anything unique to add to any of the other reviews here. However, I felt compelled to salute Roku on a great job! I owned Apple TV before I went with this device. They are similar in a lot of ways. However, with the original Apple TV I thought it was a bit clunky. This is such a simple device to use. I'm more plugged into the Amazon & Netflix universes for content. Great job and I'm buying more units for my house, friends, and family members.

3 - Prs. Merino Wool Blend Socks- Size 10-13-unisex
3 - Prs. Merino Wool Blend Socks- Size 10-13-unisex
Offered by Gilbin's Collections
Price: $13.99
5 used & new from $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
Holes developed on the heels after wearing them 1-2 x! Pure garbage. I purchased because of the good reviews here. Perhaps I got a shoddy bunch. But all three pairs have holes after wearing 1-2 x, seriously?!?! I thought the Wigwams wore out quick, after months of use. I guess I will buy Wigwams again. You get what you pay for.

Sanoxy Mini USB Wireless N 150 Lan 802.11N Nano Adapter (SANOXY-N-WIFI-ADP)
Sanoxy Mini USB Wireless N 150 Lan 802.11N Nano Adapter (SANOXY-N-WIFI-ADP)
Offered by SpeedLLC
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Linux, out of the box!, April 28, 2010
I plugged it in, have a max signal and it works, with Linux! I know it says it works with Linux, but that's not always true. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and it works like a charm!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2010 7:48 AM PDT

Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear 100-Square-Inch Nonstick Indoor Searing Grill
Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear 100-Square-Inch Nonstick Indoor Searing Grill
Price: $50.46
39 used & new from $40.37

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent grill, March 27, 2010
My first generation Foreman flamed out on me. It had no thermostat and was small. This grill is massive, has a great temp control & is super easy to clean. I highly recommend it. Plus, it's not very expensive.

F Dick 7" Offset Bread Knife
F Dick 7" Offset Bread Knife
Offered by eHappy Home
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great knife, May 4, 2009
This review is from: F Dick 7" Offset Bread Knife
Works like a charm. I highly recommend. I have had it for over 3 years, & it's still going strong after heavy daily use, as my all purpose knife.

Page: 1 | 2