Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for Hapre > Reviews

Browse

Hapre's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hapre RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
NEOSLING, Adjustable Neoprene Bottle Holder, Jet Black
NEOSLING, Adjustable Neoprene Bottle Holder, Jet Black
Offered by River Colony Trading
Price: $12.99
54 used & new from $8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for carrying water bottles long distances when your backpack ..., September 4, 2015
Great for carrying water bottles long distances when your backpack doesn't have a water bottle holder.

Also great for professional photographers, to carry a spare lens when you're photographing a small event, don't need a lot of equipment, and don't want to carry a whole camera bag. The padding on this is actually thicker than some of my lens cases/wraps. I didn't buy it for this purpose, but I was about to leave my office to go shoot a few days ago, & I was dreading having to take my whole bag -- even a small one -- when I only needed one spare lens. I saw this on my table & grabbed it, trading my bag for it at the last second as I left. It's going to become one of my standard lens carriers from now on.

It smelled weird at first, so I hung it over a chair and left it for a few days before putting anything it. Now there is no scent at all.

Ivation Battery-Powered Handheld Portable Shower - Turns Water from Bucket/Sink Into Steady, Gentle Stream - Built-In 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $39.99
8 used & new from $35.99

2.0 out of 5 stars wonderful but temporary, September 4, 2015
It worked wonderfully for almost a year. Then it stopped holding a charge. It'll work fine as long as it stays plugged in, but you can't put it in the water while it's plugged in, so it's pretty much useless now.

All I Want for Christmas Is Mad Libs

Grab Bag
Sleepover Party
We Wish You A Merry
Winter Games

Considering the title, I was expecting a book that had all Christmas games, but only 2/5 are Christmas. Grab Bag & Sleepover Party aren't holiday-themed. Winter Games isn't either, but it is at least about winter. The winter one is ok to include, but the other two don't belong. I've already got non-Christmas ones, and I chose this book specifically to get Christmas ones. The preview shows only Christmas games, and there is currently no contents list on the page, so it was rather misleading.

If you don't have all 5 of the included books, it's a great deal, even though the title is misleading. However, if you're looking for a book that is entirely Christmas-themed, be aware that this one isn't.

Santa Is Coming to Indiana
Santa Is Coming to Indiana
by Steve Smallman
Price: $9.38
25 used & new from $0.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong side of the bridge., October 20, 2013
Why on earth is the William H. Natcher bridge in the Indiana book instead of the Kentucky book?! I knew Mr. Natcher and his family personally. He most certainly was a Kentuckian!

Other than that, the Greyhound station is a bit of an odd location. These state books all generally have strange locations.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 8:57 AM PST

Logitech HD Webcam C310
Logitech HD Webcam C310
Price: $31.95
104 used & new from $12.50

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work, June 23, 2013
I bought their product, and now I can't use it. It does NOT come with the software, and the only way to get it is to download it, but the download doesn't work. Logitech's customer service is no help. They just said the software has to be downloaded. I'll have to send the camera back because it did not come with the software and there is no way to get the software. Before you buy it, you should probably check on Logitech's website and make sure you can get the software because the camera HAS to have this software, but it does not come with the software.

Logitech Webcam C210
Logitech Webcam C210
Offered by Quick N' Easy Buy
Price: $39.95
33 used & new from $12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the real thing, June 3, 2013
What came in my package was not what is in the description. It was in a loose plastic bag, not in the package shown on the page, and it came with none of the things listed.

The item description says:
Package contents -(it did not come in a package)
Webcam with 5-foot cable - yes
Logitech webcam software with Logitech Vid HD - no
User documentation - no
2-year limited hardware warranty - no

I suspect that this is one that someone else returned in an incomplete state. I'll be returning it as well.

The Great House Hunt
The Great House Hunt
by Marc Boutavant
Price: $19.95
34 used & new from $1.33

3.0 out of 5 stars wonderful pictures, lousy story, March 28, 2013
This review is from: The Great House Hunt (Hardcover)
The pages are big and colorful and are detailed with adorable little critters. There is a lot to look at on these pages. Some kids who like looking at pictures will likely spend lots of time studying these large pages to find all the cute tiny bugs. The book is very tall. I had to adjust my bookcase shelves to make it fit. I think this would be a good book for two or three children to look at together because it's big enough for them to gather around it, and there's room for all of their little hands to hold the book. It probably wouldn't be good for story time with a big group, though, because the wonderful feature of this book is the tiny details. This is one they need to see up close.

The story, however, isn't nearly as good as the pictures. The basic story is that the bugs are expecting a baby and need a bigger house for the baby and all of the stuff that they have collected, so they follow a bug who is an inept real estate agent who doesn't listen to his clients' needs and tends to talk about himself instead. The story is written as speech bubbles scattered throughout the pages. The same trio of bugs repeats, like you are walking with the bugs on their house-hunting trip. It's hard to explain, but it's like instead of multiple pages to tell the story, they have combined the pages that are in the same setting. There is a dotted line to follow the bugs as they walk around each page, but the beginning of the line is hard to find on some of the pages. I thought at first that they continued the line from where it ended on the previous page, but that is not always the case. Also, when you move to the next part of the page, there's no indication of which speech bubble to read first. The story didn't make sense in some parts until I puzzled together which bug was speaking first, second, third, etc. in each part of the page. There are also some unusual, unexplained events in the story. For example, on one page, one of the three main characters starts crying, and there's no clue, at least not that I can find, about why the bug is crying. On another page, one of the bugs finds a blue cylinder on the ground and starts kicking it, saying not to let "the lady" eat it because it will poison her. Who is "the lady," and why would "the lady" eat a strange blue object that is laying on the ground? It is a bizarre action that is never explained. Also, the story has no conclusion. It sort of has just a stop instead of an end. If you haven't read it yet and want to be surprised, skip the rest of this paragraph (even though there really isn't anything to give away). It stops with one bug saying there's no time left to look at more houses, and he asks the other bugs if they can make it home on their own. One bug says they can't step on black leaves because they will fall off of the tree. Then it just stops. It doesn't say if the bugs decide to move into one of the houses, to keep looking for another place, or to stay in their current home. I tried to turn the page to see the ending but couldn't because it turned out that the page I was on was not even a page but was the inside of the back cover. It just stops.

Other than that, I can tell that the book is intended to be funny, but it isn't. They appear to be inside jokes because they are so strange and unrelated that they must require some kind of insider knowledge that maybe the writers' families and friends know but the reader doesn't. Of course, it's possible that I don't have the right sense of humor for it. Maybe other people will get some laughs out of it. I laugh out loud when I read other books to kids, like the Mo Willems books or the books illustrated by Mike Lowery, but I didn't even get a smile out of this one. Still, it is a very cute book, and I do like the pictures. I collect books about houses and homes, and this one is definitely unique in my library. The pictures alone make the book worth a place on my shelf.

In summary: 0 stars for the story, 5 stars for the pictures. I'll round it up to 3 because the pictures are really much better than 5.

For those interested in shipping issues:
I had some trouble getting the book. I pre-ordered it, and the first copy had a noticeably bent top corner with the cover paper peeling from the bent part. I traded it, and the replacement had a scratched spine with peeling paper. The third copy has only a dented bottom corner, so I figured that was the best it was going to get and gave up on trying to get an undamaged copy. I believe some of the damages are due to Amazon's packaging. They don't wrap books well, and they tend to use boxes much bigger than the items, so the items slide around and get banged and dented or one book will slide inside another book like it's being eaten by the other book. However, most of their products survive the trip, and their customer service is the best of any store I use. Amazon is always willing to trade damaged items at no charge and at a quick speed, so it is worth the risk.

Curious George Roller Monkey Huggable Plush
Curious George Roller Monkey Huggable Plush
Offered by mitros2
Price: $39.98
7 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars good helmet practice for kids, February 28, 2013
If you have a kid who insists on wearing their helmet "like George," you may need to adjust your doll's helmet. The doll's helmet is way too far back on George's head (compared to the human head of a child who would mimic him), and in the one that came to us, it was even further back than in the photo. It wasn't on the top of his head at all but on the back. We snipped the thread holding it onto his head and put it on correctly, using the two-finger method. We held George's hand to his eye (not his eyebrows since they're way up on top of his head, not near the eyes like on human kids' heads) and put the front of the helmet at that point. Now the helmet is on more accurately and the kids can mimic George's helmet use as much as they want.

The elbow pads were also wrong on ours. They were padding the fronts of George's elbows instead of the backs. We snipped the threads and placed those correctly, too.

Even after snipping the threads, the pieces fit tightly enough that they don't fall off.

He is entirely soft and cuddly, including the soft skates with soft pillowy wheels. Even his eyes are soft because they're made from thread, very well-embroidered and detailed.

You may want to cut off the tags before giving George to a child. There are four rough, paper-like tags sticking out of his hip. They're kind of scratchy. They're also hard to remove. We cut them as closely as possible, and George's fluffy body sort of absorbed the rest so he isn't as scratchy as before.

The DVD is the single Roller Monkey episode (half of a regular PBS episode). The disc doesn't seem to have a menu. It plays straight through when you put it in, like a VHS tape would. It starts with some ads and then goes into the episode. It comes in a cardboard box made to look like a DVD case. Inside the cardboard box, the DVD is protected in a plastic sleeve.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 10:03 AM PDT

Encore Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2011
Encore Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2011
Offered by TnsDeals
Price: $8.98
8 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars try it first, February 20, 2013
I had free trials of the 2011 version and the 2012 version from HP Games. For each trial, you can use it two times, playing as long as you want each time. I tried most of the games and really liked them. It's a good batch of quick games you can play when you just want to take a 5- or 10-minute break from your work. I liked the 2011 version better than the 2012 version, and it worked well on my computer, so I looked it up on Amazon and bought it.

When it arrived, it installed easily. I wasn't expecting it to pick up where the trial had left off, but it did. My character I had created while using the free trial was still there, and the Hoyle Bucks were still there. I don't care much for the Hoyle Bucks because there's nothing good to get with them, but I noticed that they were still there.

My reasons for choosing the 2011 version over the 2012 version: 2011 has more games and easier (for me) navigation from game to game. Most of the games are the same in both versions. In addition to those, the 2012 version has two games that the 2011 version doesn't have, and the 2011 version has ten games that aren't in the 2012 version. I'm not interested in the two games that 2012 has that aren't in the 2011 one, so I don't miss them. As far as navigation, in the trial of 2012, I couldn't find a way to get from game to game without closing and restarting, which meant I could only try two of the games before running out of trials. The main menu screen on the 2011 game is a list of all of the games. The 2012 one has a confusing (for me) slider-type thing that looks like the album cover view on my iPod.

2011 even comes with a better (for me) bonus game. 2012 comes with a pool game, which doesn't interest me much. 2011 comes with Boonka, which is kind of cute & quirky and pretty easy to learn (not a game I would pay for separately, but of the two bonuses available I prefer it). The bonus games are included in the HP trials, too. You just have to access them from the folder, not from the HP Games screen. Also in the folders are PDF guides to the games. There isn't much help in the game itself, as far as rules and how-to stuff. It's all in the PDFs.

The only problem I have with the 2011 version is with the Hoyle Bucks. In some games it says you have other options if you buy them with your Hoyle Bucks, but when you go to the catalog, those aren't available even if you have thousands of Hoyle Bucks. However, four whole pages are full of blank entires that say "Buy Now" for zero Hoyle Bucks. Perhaps it was a mistake and they were left out? Maybe those only become available in later levels of particular games? I tried buying them (the nothings), and it did let me buy the nothings for zero bucks each, but it seems kind of pointless. I didn't get a chance to look at 2012's Hoyle Bucks catalog, so I don't know if that one has the same problem. Anyway, if you're interested in a variety of card backs or tiles, there are some extras available. There are also some silly decorations for your character and his/her space, like hats and lights and toys and food. Most of the items don't do anything, but some do limited things. There's a Santa toy that dances briefly. There's a pet fish that swims and jumps. There are fries and a hamburger your character can eat (you don't see them eating, there's just a munch noise and a bit of it disappears; when it's gone you can remove it and add it back without paying for another, so you can munch it away again. There's a soda you can sip, and when it's gone you can keep sipping the straw and making noises to annoy others in the room. There are country flags to hang behind your character, but oddly the countries available are only those that were in a specific soccer game, even though this Hoyle game has nothing to do with soccer; that was annoying because my second country's flag was left out even though it is usually included in any list of countries in any normal kind of materials. Anyway, even though the reviewers here talk a lot about Hoyle Bucks, it's pretty much just a bunch of silly stuff in the Hoyle Bucks, nothing you're gonna go crazy for or that is necessary for game play.

If you're trying to choose between 2011 and 2012, or if you're trying to decide if you want either of them at all, see if HP Games works with your computer and get the free trials. The 2011 game I ordered on Amazon is exactly like the HP trial, and all my points (Bucks) and my character stayed in my computer. I guess the 2012 game probably is just like its trial, too, but I don't know that from experience. For a game like this one, you really just have to try it and decide for yourself. Fortunately, you can try it for free (as of the date I write this review; don't leave a complaining response to me a year from now if the free trial is no longer available :) ).

Heathcliff: Season 1, Volume 1
Heathcliff: Season 1, Volume 1
DVD ~ Heathcliff
Offered by cds_dvds_guaranteed
Price: $79.95
10 used & new from $19.94

5.0 out of 5 stars better deal than the other DVD, February 13, 2013
This DVD is a much better deal than the one that comes with 10 episodes each of Heathcliff, The Littles, and the Get Along Gang. You get 32 episodes for just a few more dollars instead of only 10 episodes. All 10 of the episodes that are on the 3-cartoon DVD are also on this one, so there's no reason to buy the other one if you know you want more than 10 episodes of Heathcliff (unless you just want a handful of Heathcliff and the other two cartoons, or if you want to see a few episodes before deciding if you want to buy the bigger sets). The same is true for The Littles; a DVD set of 29 episodes & 2 movies is available almost as cheap as the 3-cartoon DVD. Back to Heathcliff: about 10 years ago I got a Heathcliff DVD as a prize in a cereal box. It has two episodes, and one of those is not on this 32-episode DVD. I don't know any place to get additional episodes.

Also on this Heathcliff DVD you get a half-hour episode of the Get Along Gang. I'm glad I bought this one instead of the 3-cartoon DVD, because after seeing the Get Along Gang for the first time since I was 4, I decided I didn't like it enough to buy it.

Has anyone had any success with the free game offer that comes with the DVD? There's a code that comes with this & some of this company's other cartoon DVDs (the same code with every DVD) that says "5 free kids PC games" from SoftwareOnlyGamescom. The code didn't work for me, & I can't find any contact information for the company. This has nothing to do with the quality of the DVD, of course. I didn't buy it for the games. I just wonder if anyone has been able to get the games.

Page: 1 | 2