Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports
Profile for CMD > Reviews

Browse

CMD's Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CMD "CMD" RSS Feed (VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rasta Imposta Jackie Moon Official Flint Tropics Warm Up Suit, Multi, One Size
Rasta Imposta Jackie Moon Official Flint Tropics Warm Up Suit, Multi, One Size
Price: $36.61
12 used & new from $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, April 10, 2016
Perfectly fine.

KoverRoos III 32750 Adirondack Chair Cover, 37-Inch Width by 40-Inch Diameter by 41-Inch Height, Taupe
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $21.95

4.0 out of 5 stars They have nice clips that keep the cover on the furniture, April 10, 2016
Very solid, keeps water out. They have nice clips that keep the cover on the furniture. Only four stars as it does what it's supposed to do, and does it reasonably well -- but it's not perfect. Still a nice product that seems to be holding up.

QuickBooks Pro 2016 Small Business Accounting Software with Free QuickBooks Online Essentials
Price: $189.99
37 used & new from $189.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Intuit was a great developer of software as Quickbooks became the defacto gold ..., April 10, 2016
I have run several small businesses over the past 20 years, and in the 1990s, Intuit was a great developer of software as Quickbooks became the defacto gold standard. In the mid-2000s (2006?) as we grew to 50 employees, we used Intuit's Payroll. It worked reasonably fine and was affordable, until we started having employees move (to other states). THEN... THEN it became horrible. And the cost of the problems -- which were of Intuit's making though we should have caught them quicker -- quickly spiraled beyond control. States got paid for employees that had long since moved (e.g. more than a year), particularly California who is notoriously aggressive. Given that we had had reported these things, had documentation, and even had the payments turned off, we never could understand what was going on. Regardless -- since then Intuit's track record for Customer Service, well, is horrible. As a business owner, I can't in good faith recommend ANY Intuit product to anyone (maybe Mint -- because it's free), and would caution you strongly about considering them. I don't want to advise for any other specific solutions as I would feel that would slant my evaluation, but literally any other company is going to have better service. I guess a positive thing to say is if you have one or two employees and are never going to have issues -- their Customer Service is fine. But just know -- when you need help, when you need them to have their 'moment of truth' and step up for you, Intuit repeatedly and dramatically falls short of the mark. I'd recommend using paper, pencil, heck fingers and toes as an alternative to Intuit's service! Good luck to you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2016 1:33 PM PDT

White Green Lantern Men's Short Sleeve cycling jersey, Perfect Perspiration Breathable mountain clothing bike top /Men's Cycling Jersey Suit/Cycling Shorts/Riding Clothes (XL)
Offered by My-Niceonline
Price: $33.69

1.0 out of 5 stars and while I don't hate it, it's not well fitted, June 19, 2015
Clearly not a legit 'Western' item. The fit is sporadic to say the least. It has a gap at the neck, and various other bulges. I'm loathe to write more in case the owner refutes, but the key contention is that it doesn't fit well. Some parts are randomly tight -- others are randomly loose. It doesn't fit well or snugly. It's as if it were built for some random dude who has a 20 inch neck, but 32 inch wing(span)... which is impossible. It's just not well made/tailored, and while I don't hate it, it's not well fitted. Period. End.

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre... at best. Sort of like an ex-girlfriend who haunts you...., June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
Alexia is.... <Sigh> ..... OK. There are some randomly nice uses, including having anyone (wife, girls) put items on the shopping list -- that have helped us. But otherwise all it does is play music (and only the music in Amazon -- not your library, or other sources like Sonos). The 'tell a joke' is good for my 6 year old... but it doesn't do anything else. I'm not sure what else I was expecting, but this doesn't do... anything. You can get the weather (though it's pretty spartan and not much more helpful than looking out the window). Amazon pretends there are a bunch of other IF/THEN apps, but I don't find them helpful -- in the least. There would have to be several major software upgrades to make Alexa worthwhile, and although I admire Amazon's risky approach, on this product they missed. Save your money, save your time, but don't buy this product. Just not worthwhile.

Apple MD827LL/A EarPods with Remote and Mic - Standard Packaging - White
Apple MD827LL/A EarPods with Remote and Mic - Standard Packaging - White
40 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I question if these are really Apple earbuds, or merely nice knockoffs -- fall apart too easily., September 17, 2014
These broken so easily... as to be ridiculous. The glue holding the 'ear screen' to the 'ear bud' part is essentially non-existent and so the front falls off, exposing tiny wires, which then also fall apart. These are likely NOT really Apple earbuds, but decent knockoffs. I bought a pair of earpods from the Apple store... and they do not to 'separate' like these do. (Again the tiny portion at the very top of the ear bud -- where it joins the 'circular' part of the earbud).

I bought two pairs... the exact same issue occurred on both. Buying one pair directly from the Apple store - I couldn't recreate this issue.

Michelin A1 Aircomp Ultralight Road Presta Valve Inner Tube, 700 x 18-23cm, Black
Price: $9.89
15 used & new from $8.75

1.0 out of 5 stars "Buy this is you want to get good at changing inntertubes... like the Duke Boys", September 17, 2014
Waaaaay too thin. These things pop like it's going out of style. I bought 4 (?) and went through all of them over two rides (on my road bike). One occurred at the bottom of my standard bike path, which I hit at speed (~17 MPH), but have done so countless times with slightly thicker tubes. **PPOOOF** my tube literally melted. Another flat occurred riding over a grate (in the road) when I was hemmed in by cars here in DC -- but which has often occurred with no issue as I see it coming and slow down.

At one point, having only taken two spares, I was forced to repeatedly use my hand pump (which is fine for an emergency, but not for more than once or twice a ride, if that). every mile to keep the tube inflated until I could get to a bike store -- where I proceeded to buy several thicker (and competing) tubes.

Punchline: Only buy this if you want to get really good at changing tubes. Otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

Isokinetics Inc. Brand Balance Exercise Ball Chair - Red 52cm Ball - Exclusive: Office size 60mm/2.5" wheels (versus 50mm/2" wheels used on other brands) - w/ Ball Measuring Tape & Starter Pump
Offered by Isokinetics, Inc.
Price: $79.95

4.0 out of 5 stars "Feet break too easily" but the company is wonderful!, September 17, 2014
**UPDATE 10/2/14** - I contacted the company (today) and they are sending a new base. I love the chair, but I would caution you that the footings (the feet) can break off much easier than you might expect. Also I had a great experience with the seller, they were very forthright, quick, and courteous, so that was nice too.

**UPDATE 9/22** - Contacted by company for replacement. Will update as appropriate (and it's on me to reply at this point).

INITIAL POST - The 'foot' broke after about 6 days. I wasn't doing aerobics on the chair, just sitting. I think I leaned back against the backrest. And toppled over backwards. I hadn't had a drop to drink... but after that experience, I felt like I had been drinking all day.

It's a fine product in general, but the weakness where the 'feet' meet the base is a concern.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2014 4:08 PM PDT

NHL 15 (Ultimate Edition) - Xbox 360
NHL 15 (Ultimate Edition) - Xbox 360
Offered by WarriorSale
Price: $68.61
11 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars "It's as if a drunken, non-Agile, non-hockey playing, development team built the interface", September 17, 2014
I love hockey, particularly console games, back from playing Sega NHL in 1994 (during college). As such I'm a frequent purchaser and have long bought EA games in particular (although ChampMan is an excellent franchise too). I bit back what was being written on various boards and decided to plunk down $60. I figured - - new platform, amazing new engine, why not? Boy I couldn't be more mistaken. It doesn't compare to NHL 14, or NHL 13, or even NHL 12.

The most startling absence is the lack of features. Things like 'simming to next shift' or 'coach feedback' doesn't exist, and while these might seem modest, their absence is a stark contrast as part of what you expect in games. Seriously these are table stakes for gaming these days -- and EA completely punts. Even less forgiveable are the lack of established gameplay options, such as the EA leagues. However even things like standings -- finding out if you're leading the league in scoring (or assists or what have you) OR where you team is, is difficult and frustratingly incomplete. It's as if a drunken, non-Agile, non-hockey playing, development team built the interface. It's the Lotus Notes of games. Very discordant and not at all flowing. Similarly you can't change strategy (e.g. two high, or 'aggressive' play) like you can in EVERY other franchise.

****UPDATE**** EA has published a 2 month (spanning Sept and Oct 2014) update schedule. While some of the above listed defects are addressed, not nearly enough of them are. And is proof that they released this game to hit time deadlines, not because it was ready -- because it's not.

Long story short? Save your money for NHL 16 (hopefully there will be other vendors to push EA to it's traditional excellent level of development). I can't, in any way or form, recommend you buy this. Or send me $45 and I'll send you my copy -- but you won't be happy.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but compare prices..., May 18, 2014
Decent product but with some structural challenges as noted. Also available via SAMs Club, et al, for about $160. Pays to comparison shop....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3