Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 676

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Southern CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nobody's Child: The Georgia Davis PI Series #4 (Georgia Davis Series)
Nobody's Child: The Georgia Davis PI Series #4 (Georgia Davis Series)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't drag - moves along at a good pace, August 18, 2016
Not bad at all. Three and a half stars from this reader. Main character is a P.I. former cop, Georgia Davis. Her personal life is all screwed up. Estranged from her mother, her father deceased, no siblings. She has no other family and finds herself wishing she did. She is shocked to receive a note from an unknown source that she has a half sister, Savannah, who is in trouble and needs her help.

Georgia finds herself in the midst of a lot of bad people in the Russian "Mafyia" while trying to find her sister. It moves along at a good pace. This gives us mystery, some action, hateful bad guys, sex trafficking and even a little romance for Georgia. Characters are fairly well fleshed out. Sex and violence are not over the top, but graphic at times in their purpose to the novel - and if you can't handle some profanity here and there then pass this up.

This was my first novel by this author, and I understand this is a series, but this can be read as a stand-alone novel. I liked this, and if I find myself with a spare moment, may read more from this author.

Judgment Cometh: (And That Right Soon) (Joe Dillard Series Book 8)
Judgment Cometh: (And That Right Soon) (Joe Dillard Series Book 8)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Won't disappoint Dillard fans, August 15, 2016
Loved this latest installment of the Joe Dillard Series. Author Pratt can't write them fast enough for me. Main character, Joe Dillard, never disappoints. He is such a good person, always risking his own peace of mind and body to help someone in need.

This had a bad-ass bad guy, who committed horrendous crimes, and one of them is in the opening scene. In sexual abuse scenes, author Pratt isn't descriptive to the point that it turns your stomach to read it, but you get what's going on. It's a minor part of the story line, but a relevant one. Lightweight readers may complain about the way the murders were committed.

As a loyal reader of the series, I am totally invested in the Dillard family characters, and I hope Pratt is working on book 9. We just need to know how (or should I say "if") his wife beats her cancer, which doesn't look good based on what went on in this installment. We also care about his son Jack and his girlfriend Charlie, and other members of Joe's family who have stepped in to help with Caroline (the cancer victim) and Joe, to keep his law practice running. Loved it and look forward to anything this author writes.

(Note: I am admittedly stingy with 5-star ratings, (this is as close as it gets at 4.5). I feel they have to be an exceptional, unique, well researched, and artistically crafted piece of work to earn that 5 stars.)

InterDesign Remy Scarf Hanger Closet Organizer, No Snag Storage For Scarves, Ties, Belts, Shawls, Pashminas, Accessories - 12 Loops,White/Teal
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for silk or lightweight neck scarves, August 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I"m using this as it was a complimentary item for my honest and unbiased review. I was disappointed however, that I couldn't use all the portals (the holes for the scarves). See my photos. What's hanging in the middle row would not show if you were looking for it without checking underneath each one. It also makes the arrangement bulky. If someone out there has a better was of arranging them, I am open to suggestions.

I would not recommend this for heavier or woolen type scarves, as there just isn't enough room. I use non-slip hangers for that and I can arrange 3-4 heavier scarfs to each hanger.
Comment Comment | Permalink

American Flag - License Plate Frame Holder from Amazon
American Flag - License Plate Frame Holder from Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have loved it more if the stars were glittery, August 11, 2016
It's simple and patriotic. satisfied with the purchase. It is not over the top, though I would have liked "American Made" on there.

Watching Edie
Watching Edie
by Camilla Way
Price: $19.68
71 used & new from $8.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Thankfully "Girl" isn't in the title., August 11, 2016
This review is from: Watching Edie (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many authors are using "Girl" in the title of their novels, and it is getting quite boring. As if they don't have any imagination and want to be compared to popular novels. This is aptly named "Watching Edie" which is exactly what Heather does... watch Edie, obsess over her, love her, want to protect her and be like her. A character study of obsession, loneliness and heartbreak that grabs ones attention quickly. Not a happy read, but one that vests your interests in the well-developed characters. It is told in the format of "before" when two female friends bonded in the last year of high school, and "after" when they are 33 years old and haven't seen each other in many years. It opens in "after" and I won't spoil it for you, but Edie is shocked to see Heather at her door, and had hoped to never see her again.

Author Camilla Way has a way with the written word. I read it in two sittings. Katherine Weber, another author stated on the cover that "this is a provocative and deceptive maze of a novel." I agree and recommend it especially if you are looking for something different.

The Baseball Whisperer: A Small-Town Coach Who Shaped Big League Dreams
The Baseball Whisperer: A Small-Town Coach Who Shaped Big League Dreams
by Michael Tackett
Price: $16.25
61 used & new from $12.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Teaching kids the game of life through baseball., August 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The combination of small town living, and a caring coach is just a start of this wonderful heart warming journey. There are many similarities in baseball and just plain living. If you teach a kid to work hard to achieve goals, to work with others as a team, as opposed to "me first" and treat others with respect for their efforts and accomplishments, you've given this child/person, a map for success in life in. The added plus is you have instilled fair play and kindness into the model of what they choose to be.

My grandson had the privilege of playing the college age Clarinda team a couple of years ago and grew familiar with the story of this coach, Merle Eberly. My own son (his dad) was also a pro ball player at one time and more recently a coach, and is familiar with this coaches history. His story impresses, and this work by author Michael Tackett portrays not just the amazing man he was, but also a lot of history of the town, the times, and baseball. You don't have to be a baseball fan to enjoy it. Recommended for YA or adult readers. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Too Close to Home: A Novel
Too Close to Home: A Novel
by Susan Lewis
Price: $9.63
75 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Patience for the first half, it gets better, August 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
3.75 stars actually. Written well, Lewis can be counted on for that. The first half of the novel didn't really reel me in. That's important to me. It seemed like just another novel about infidelity and teenage angst. Just maybe geared towards young adult audiences. Neither topic of which I'm likely to get involved in. I like to be involved in what I'm reading. That's the whole point for me.

However, as I received a complimentary ARC for my honest review, I continued on with it and the second half did indeed draw me in to caring what was going on with the well developed characters and the two main plot lines. Infidelity being one, and high school bullying the other. Both topics have domino effects, affecting many, not just the immediate nuclear family.

This is a difficult read at times, but well crafted, emotional and relatable. Lewis fans will not be disappointed. Hang in there for the first half though.

The Rejected Writers' Book Club (Southlea Bay)
The Rejected Writers' Book Club (Southlea Bay)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Dialogue will either fray your nerves or entertain, August 1, 2016
Many may enjoy this whimsical, at times witty story of a book club made up of a group of budding authors who've had their novels rejected. They don't want their novels accepted either, as they prefer to socialize within their club of rejected aspiring authors. A bit silly in concept (my personal viewpoint).

When a manuscript actually gets accepted (and this is where it gets pretty silly) it is to the woe of the clubs members and they set out on a road trip to retrieve it. It contains a secret that may hurt a family member. Their friend, a librarian, who is the main character here, is going their way so they invite themselves along on this road trip, encountering a few unexpected delays to their ultimate destination.

Entertaining and heartwarming at times but I don't know of any serious readers I'd recommend it to.

The Storyteller
The Storyteller
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and powerful, July 12, 2016
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
Not surprisingly, Picoult draws you in from the get-go. A very different view of the holocaust, from several perspectives, and also from past to present. I've never read such a simple, easy to understand synopsis of how and why the Germans were so easily manipulated by the Nazi regime.

There are several stories going on here, which in true Picoult fashion, are tied together eventually. The one part of the story that I did not particularly enjoy was a novel that was being written by one of the main characters in the "first person" and involved vampires. I am not a fan of vampires, fantasy, gargoyles, or ghoulish characters. One doesn't realize that this is a novel when it is first introduced either. As one reads on however, you find that there is a purpose to this "novel" within this novel, which made it understandable and easier to accept. The ending left some loose ends for me and seemed rather abrupt, but I so enjoyed the development of all the characters. There are actually four major characters and a couple of supporting ones, as well. Each one of them captivating, especially Minka, the grandmother who lived through the holocaust. I don't know how I missed this in 2013 as I have read all of her books. This did not disappoint. 4.75 stars from me. The research alone is staggering. This is one I will not easily forget. Loved it!

WatchESPN
WatchESPN
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it., July 12, 2016
This review is from: WatchESPN (App)
A free app for watching sporting events. No worries if you are not home to watch the game. Thumbs up!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20