Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Profile for David Bryant > Reviews

Browse

David Bryant's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Bryant RSS Feed (Los Gatos, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
ZHOL, 500 Lumen Programmable LED Flashlight
ZHOL, 500 Lumen Programmable LED Flashlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant combination of exceptional flashlight and unique programmability, December 1, 2013
I'm a computer engineer and flashlight aficionado so was delighted to discover a powerful, well-made, very bright flashlight that I could program myself to customize its behavior. I've modified the factory program to add an easy way to turn the HexBright off from any operational mode and am looking forward to tinkering with the built in accelerometer too. Beyond the programmability I'm impressed with the HexBright overall. Battery life is excellent, it charges quite quickly, the on/off switch is solid unlike other flashlights I own that have insubstantial or finicky controls, it feels great in my hand, and it's not so large that I can't easily slip it in my backpack or briefcase when I'm on the road. I use it to take our dog out every night and the medium brightness setting is more than enough to see for quite a distance, which means I know I have maximum brightness for exceptional circumstances. For me, this is the perfect flashlight.

Nokia CC-3066-Yellow Wireless Charging Cover for Lumia 1020 - Retail Packaging - Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily add the convenience of wireless charging to the great Lumia 1020, December 1, 2013
I love the convenience of wireless charging and have been impressed with Nokia's innovation in this area. My new Lumia 1020 doesn't have wireless charging built in so I was glad I could add a thin, easily clipped on accessory to make wireless charging possible.

Jabra Speak 410 Oc Speakerphone USB for Ms Lync
Jabra Speak 410 Oc Speakerphone USB for Ms Lync
Offered by iSave
Price: $69.95
48 used & new from $61.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for all the on-line meetings we have at work these days, June 23, 2013
I work for a large global company with colleagues on nearly every continent. We're heavy users of on-line audio and video conferencing, and have standardized on Microsoft Lync and Lync-compatible in all our conference rooms. I wanted something comparable and compatible for my office so purchased the same Jabra Speak 410 speakerphone that we use broadly. It has proven an ideal solution as I get full audio control (volume up/down, mute, hang-up) from the speaker itself and so can use it both when I'm at my computer in a meeting solo or have other folks in my office and we need to participate as a group.

It works great on my Mac as well as on Windows PCs, and is easy to connect and use as it gets signal, power, and control via a single USB cable. The built-in cable is long enough to allow easy placement and coils conveniently into the speaker's base so it doesn't snake all over my desk when I'm not using the speaker. Build quality seems excellent as the unit is both compact and solidly made. I like that I can easily take the unit with me and use it for team meetings in some of our open group space.

Audio quality is great, and there's plenty of volume even with other participants are faint and hard to hear. The microphone seems to work well as I've never had any other meeting participants complain about sound quality on my end.

Tripp Lite Cat6 Gigabit Molded Patch Cable (RJ45 Right Angle M to RJ45 M) Blue, 3-ft.(N204-003-BL-RA)
Price: $6.82
57 used & new from $3.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful network cables that are not so easy to find, June 23, 2013
Trying to position an Apple TV as part of a wall-mounted arrangement at work turned into a major challenge as there just wasn't enough room for traditional network cables. These right-angle versions were just what I needed, and were harder to find than I had expected. I therefore ordered several of them as I know I'll need them for other purposes at home and at work. Good quality, highly recommended.

The Best of Pablo Cruise: 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection
The Best of Pablo Cruise: 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection
Price: $4.99
110 used & new from $2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it to get 'Ocean Breeze', enjoying the whole album as a flashback to the 80s, June 23, 2013
I've always loved Pablo Cruise's song "Ocean Breeze", and can still vividly remember the experience of hearing it on the radio and playing it on my dorm stereo as a college student. After years of listening to an MP3 recording of the album I decided I needed the song in digital form. I was pleased to see it included in this "best of" collection, which gave me a chance to rediscover other Pablo Cruise hits that I'd somehow forgotten about.

Delightfully, purchasing the audio CD got me a free copy of the MP3 version as well. Thanks, Amazon!

TRENDnet 5-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Desktop Metal Housing Switch, TEG-S50g
Price: Click here to see our price
117 used & new from $9.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect combination of quality, ease-of-use, and price, June 23, 2013
I needed a gigabit-capable switch at work so I could get more devices connected to our company networks. The TRENDnet TEG-S50g had all the features I was looking for: durable metal case, reasonable price, and excellent reviews commending its ease of installation and power efficiency. Installation was indeed quick and simple and my expanded in-office network was up and running in only a few minutes. The small size made it easy to tuck the switch out of sight.

I'd definitely buy more of these for future use at work or at home, including the 8 port model that seems to have all the same outstanding attributes for only a few dollars more.

Savio F050 16" Waterfall Filter Weir
Savio F050 16" Waterfall Filter Weir
Offered by Graystone Creations
Price: $71.99
18 used & new from $57.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our waterfall fountain, December 15, 2012
After years of tinkering with odd combinations of PVC and hose to create the outlet at the top of our large stone waterfall I decided to try something more specifically built for the job. The Savio weir has proven an excellent choice. It generates a broad, smooth, continuous flow with enough outward projection to completely clear the rock ledge at the top of our waterfall, and creates the pleasing sound of flowing water as it spills into the pool below.

Installation was easy and painless, requiring a quick trip to the hardware store to get the right adapter to connect to the PVC line from the pump. I did have to work a bit to stack large stones around the weir to conceal the black plastic body, but that's because our all-stone waterfall offered me no way to partially bury it in the ground.

I'm not using the filter insert at the moment, but like that I can go back and add it later to help keep the water clean or perhaps allow me to put fish in the pools below the waterfall.

Underwraps Men's Frontier Man, Tan/Brown, One Size
Underwraps Men's Frontier Man, Tan/Brown, One Size
Offered by Anytime Costumes & Party
Price: $31.23
19 used & new from $28.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made and comfortable costume, December 15, 2012
I bought this costume to wear as Davy Crockett for Halloween this year and it was quite a hit. I was a bit worried about the "one size fits all" sizing as I'm 6'1" with 35" arms and typically wear 36x34 pants but the costume fit great and was plenty long enough in both sleeves and legs. I was also afraid it would be flimsy and cheap looking but the material is heavier and more suede-like than I expected, and the fringe is substantial. It's certainly durable enough for quite a number of wearings in case you needed it for many performances of a play (or you just like to pretend you're Davy Crockett).

Unlike other reviewers mine came with both belt and coonskin cap. I didn't wear the belt as I preferred the look of the costume without it.

One thing to be aware of is that the pants have a very simple and lightweight drawstring, with less strength and holding power than typical sweatpants. I was concerned the pants wouldn't stay up, so safety pinned them to some basketball shorts to keep them more securely around my waist and backside.

Whetstone Cutlery Large Early American Frontier Powder Horn
Whetstone Cutlery Large Early American Frontier Powder Horn
Price: $18.10
4 used & new from $18.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect costume accessory, December 15, 2012
I bought this powder horn to use as part of a Davy Crockett costume this past Halloween. It's solidly made out of real horn, leather, and wood. The strap was more than long enough for me to wear it over my shoulder and have the horn sit comfortably at my hip (and I'm 6'1").

I can't comment on its utility as an actual powder horn for your musket or flintlock, but it was perfect as a costume accessory.

Nokia Wired Speaker for Phones, Music Players and PCs - Coral
Nokia Wired Speaker for Phones, Music Players and PCs - Coral

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, portable speaker and nice sound too, December 15, 2012
I bought a pair of these Nokia speakers to try after hearing them at a shop. I was impressed with the sound, the solid feel and well-made construction, and the clever design that lets you use one speaker for good monaural sound or connect two speakers together to get even better stereo sound. My daughter likes them so much that she keeps taking them in to work so she and her late-night inventory management crew can listen to music. I was pleased they use regular AAA batteries rather than using a built-in batter that needed to be recharged all the time. The built in cord wrap keeps the cable stored out of the way.

I bought a third speaker to keep at work so I can turn my laptop into a speaker phone with lots of volume and clarity for calls via Skype and Lync.

I've seen Bluetooth speakers in this price range but didn't want to deal with connectivity or pairing problems, or drain my phone's battery. I also wanted to use them with my trusty iPod, which doesn't have Bluetooth. And I've had cheaper wired speakers in the past but they just didn't hold up. These have proven the ideal combination of durability and quality sound.

Page: 1 | 2