Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Profile for J. Goldstein > Reviews

Browse

J. Goldstein's Profile

Customer Reviews: 158

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Goldstein "JG" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
CYBEX Aton Infant Car Seat, Pure Black
CYBEX Aton Infant Car Seat, Pure Black
Price: $269.95
11 used & new from $221.36

2.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this one based on the excellent reviews I read on Amazon, July 14, 2015
If you read on babysrus there are a lot of complaints about this carseat. I purchased this one based on the excellent reviews I read on Amazon. Unfortunately, we have been pretty disappointed with it. Our baby seems to be really uncomfortable in it. There isn't a lot of cushioning as compared to the Maxi Cosi. The straps tangle all the time and the shade doesn't even cover her face. The sun is always in her eyes. I have to keep a blanket over her when I take her on walks with this. She also gets very sweaty in it as there is no wicking technology like the maxi cosi. It also was not easy to install and the plastic on the handle is already breaking for some reason. The only pluses are that it is safe and lightweight. I wished I purchased a different car seat.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2016 8:55 AM PDT

Flow Kimonos Pro Series BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi
Flow Kimonos Pro Series BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi
Offered by Flow Kimonos Inc.
Price: $140.00 - $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gi, fits like a glove, June 23, 2015
I really love this gi. I have owned a good amount of different brands of Gi's (fuji, 93 brand, koral) and the Flow Kimono is one of my favorites, and currently the only gi that actually can fit my difficult size. I have owned the Black Flow Pro for about 3 months.

Quality-This is a top notch quality gi. 100% preshrunk fabric (<2% shrinkage) I needed to shrink the pants a little bit for my height and the gi top and pants hardly shrunk at all with high heat in the dryer! It has-Ripstop shoulder panels and pants. Also has Printed stretch drawstring with multiple loops so it fits better and it hard to lose your drawstring in your pants.

Made of 480gsm pearl weave top, I have yet to have any problems with rip-page after about 3 months. Seems very sturdy.

I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and quite stout and muscular. I range between 180-200lbs. My Koral A-2s which are great for stout guys became to small when I put on weight. My 93Brand a2h pants were too wide and long. Thats where this A2h Gi came in. IT IS BASICALLY A PERFECT FIT!

Look-The contrast stitching on the Black Gi looks awesome. Patches are high quality. Looks impressive.

Comfortable-It is a very comfortable gi. The collar is is a medium thickness I would say compared to my other gi's.
Even comes with a drawstring bag to separate dirty stuff.

Next Gi will definitely be to try the Hemp Gi.

Been practicing BJJ for about 5 years, BTT purple belt under Bruno Amaral at BTT Boston.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Turtle Beach - Ear Force Stealth 500X Premium Fully Wireless with Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Xbox One
Offered by Deal Source Network
Price: $234.99
23 used & new from $104.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for the first charge...., November 9, 2014
Length:: 3:14 Mins

Well maybe I got a lemon but these already won't turn on off my first full drain and charge. I have tried to charge them via usb connected to the xbox one, generic wall charger, and laptop to no avail. No matter how long I hold the power button down they will not turn on (and the red light showing that they were charging was on, it is no longer on as they are supposed to be fully charged. Any help or advice would be appreciated (waiting to hear back from TB support).

So while they worked

Setup
I had these up and running in about 10 minutes. The transmitter connects via usb AND optical cable. I used ViewHD SPDIF | TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio Switcher 3x1 with Remote (Three Inputs to One Output) so that I could have my soundbar and headset transmitter connected at the same time. Works great. There is only one audio optical out on the xbox one so you will need something like this if you have multiple audio devices with optical usage.
The headset paired very easily and sound was working very quickly.
I updated the firmware later on and it took another 15 minutes as you have to download a TB program and then update them.

Wireless?
Absolutely wireless-yes! No connection to controller or console needed.

Comfortable?
I have worn these for about 3-4 hours straight without any discomfort. They are comfortable by my standards.

Sound
I am not an audiophile but I have owned other TB's in the past, and these have the best sound quality I have experienced in headset. Gunshots and explosions in COD AW sound great. I have never owned any other brand so I can't really compare to astros ect.
Now as others have said these don't get CRAZY loud. I probably have them at 75% loudness and it is very crisp and a good volume for me. If I put them all the way up it is too loud for me but honestly I expected them to get louder. I'll put it this way, it is too loud for me but it doesn't hurt my ears.
The presets work well as you can definitely tell the difference when surround is on and when it is not. There is gaming mode (with four different settings like shooter, sports, racing), movie mode (with horror, action, drama), and music (with dance, acoustic, stadium), and SS off.

Charge
I probably played 10-15 hours for the first drain. FYI they beeped twice letting me know that the battery was drained. THere is no capability to use batteries or a charging pack (which would have been nice).

Mic
So I wasn't exactly thrilled with the mic either. It has three settings for sensitivity on the headset. I found myself having to talk pretty loudly for it to pick up my voice even on the most sensitive setting and it didnt work on the least sensitive. It is nice that the mic pics up your voice and then you can hear it through the headset.
The mic does plug in or out so you don't have to walk around with a mic if you don't want too.

Noise cancellation
So I could hear outside noise with these on which is fine by me. I am sure if you had it on the loudest setting though, you would not hear much outside noise.

Different uses
You can use these for PC (mic doesnt work). I have not tried other uses yet but it does have headphone output as well.

So if these had continue to work I would give them 4.5 stars. Sound is very good, could be louder. Mic is a little finicky.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2016 8:17 PM PST

Litter Robot LRII Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Beige
Litter Robot LRII Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Beige
Price: $349.00
4 used & new from $349.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can afford it and have a place for it, it is well worth the money in my opinion, August 26, 2014
If you can afford it and have a place for it, it is well worth the money in my opinion.

I've had it for 3 weeks and my kitten that is 9 months but well over 5lbs (note there is a 5lb minimum to trigger the sensor) and my large short haired cat that is around 15lbs already have gotten accustomed to using the robot.
I kept a regular box out with their old litter and used dr elseys cat attract in the new box. They both eventually tried the robot after being afraid of it. I got rid of the regular box and have yet to have a problem.

It was very easy to assemble, although putting the lip in was simple it took me a minute to understand the directions. It is so easy to use.

THE SMELL IN MY APARTMENT IS GONE. THis alone is worth the price of admission. Maybe Dr. Elseys helps, but no one can even tell we have cats anymore.

No more scooping and can use any type of bag. Takes me 10 seconds to do the litter instead of 10 minutes and isnt really that gross.

The one negative is the size and the look. I live in a large apartment with two bathrooms but it still takes up a lot of area (and height) in the bathroom). I know you can buy an expensive shelf to put over it, but that is even more space to take up. I need the size of the actual box for my large cat and the design of the robot works great so it would be difficult to make this thing any smaller. Just want buyers to realize that this is big and an eye sore. If I had a basement, I would care less though.

UFC - Xbox One
UFC - Xbox One
Price: $19.47
113 used & new from $7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing so far, June 17, 2014
This review is from: UFC - Xbox One (Video Game)
I was looking forward to this game and have played all the prior THQ iterations. So far I am pretty let down. On the surface it is similar to the other THQ games in many ways but really misses some key things. I played the demo alot, hoping that it would translate into something better at different skill levels (easy,normal, hard, ect), in career mode, and online, but it doesn't live up to the graphics.

Career mode-I've played about 3 hours in so far and it is so repetitive. It was repetitive before, but now it is ridiculous. The training modes have you just doing striking combinations, clinch combinations, takedowns, ect. Basically takes no skill and you can alway re-do it to get the most points, which takes away the fun (even tho people used to shutdown their machines if they didnt get max points). The only good thing so far is the abilities feature which gives you the ability to focus on a power up, ie submissions work faster, or punches are more effective. I also don't need videos of Dana White or Uriah Faber telling me I'm doing a great job. They must have felt like such dicks making those videos.
I even did the gameface app on my computer (not the kinect-WHY DO I HAVE THIS THING THEN?) which takes your face for a create a fighter. It looked perfect on my computer but did not translate to the game. Looks completely different.

Graphics-Game looks great, can't say anything about that. One issues is that sometimes the character clip in weird ways and just miss each other completely.

Gameplay-Gross. New submission system is actually kind of fun but the striking parrying is terrible. Too simplified. The ground game is terrible. It never registers half the motions I do (and I was really good at the flick and the rotations in the previous games). It just feels to simplified and unresponsive. When you shoot in on someone who is throwing a strike, 9 times out of 10 you get hit, rather than score the takedown which makes no sense. It just seems like they didn't take some of thing that worked from THQ and improve them, they just didn't include them and changed them for the worse.

I've only played a few matches online and it has worked well, but as I said I don't like the gameplay so....

Roster is pretty good with a few exceptions-TJ Dillashaw among others but I'm sure they will have DLC.

Over 2 years and this is the best they could do. Disappointing.

RAISE 1502 Armpit Stain Remover, 12-Ounce
RAISE 1502 Armpit Stain Remover, 12-Ounce
Price: $19.35
4 used & new from $11.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked somewwhat, September 17, 2013
Not that much better than oxyclean but pricey. I would probably not buy again but it worked just okay for my stained white t's.

B&E Home Essential - 4 Piece Set - Trunk Organizer Basket with Multiple Compartment Foldable
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $21.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough, September 17, 2013
They are really flimsy and do not hold up well in my trunk. I wish that they would stay in place and stay upright but they dont.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mma shinguards, September 17, 2013
These are great guards for MMA. Not quite as strong as strap guards but they do the job. Best part is that they stay in place really well when striking and grappling.

Garmin nüvi 2360LMT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic & Map Updates (Old Model)
6 used & new from $74.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Gives some really bad directions, September 17, 2013
Thanks god for google maps on my phone. This thing gives me some of the weirdest directions that make no sense. I have had garmins before and this one is the worst one ive had. Traffic feature is useless but the lifetime maps is nice,.

Kenneth Cole New York Men's KC3784 Bracelet Watch
Kenneth Cole New York Men's KC3784 Bracelet Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, cool looking, September 17, 2013
Really nice looking watch. Gave it to my groomsman as a gift and he loves it. Casual but elegant as well. Stylish as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16