Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM
Profile for L00king4nswers > Reviews

Browse

L00king4nswers' Profile

Customer Reviews: 154

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L00king4nswers RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
The Cutting Edge - Gold Medal Edition
The Cutting Edge - Gold Medal Edition
DVD ~ D.B. Sweeney
Price: $6.00
79 used & new from $0.86

1.0 out of 5 stars My all-time favorite movie deserves 5 stars, but Gold Edition DVD deserves ZERO stars, June 6, 2016
Length:: 1:48 Mins

PLEASE DON'T SKIP THIS REVIEW!

This is my all-time favorite movie, so the movie itself deserves 5 stars.

BUT, the DVD I received deserves 0 stars. Not only is the supposed "widescreen" actually letterbox (black lines on the top and bottom, as well as left and right), but the copy I received is sped up. The whole movie is sped up faster by one-tenth, making all the actors sound like chipmunks. I tested the disc out on 3 different computers and 2 DVD players and the result is the same.

I just didn't want to believe that it was sped up and I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning the DVD. So I decided to test it against my original The Cutting Edge DVD (NOT gold medal edition) and it was true. The movie is too fast. Also, every time the actors move, there is interlaced video. You can take a look at the photo and video I uploaded. Since it's an ice skating movie with A LOT of movement, there's interlacing all over this movie. You can see that in the photo I posted. And in the video, the Gold Medal edition DVD is on the left and my 10+ year old original Cutting Edge DVD on the right. Notice how they both start in sync, but slowly the video on the left speeds up and goes ahead of the video on the right. That is because it's faster than the original movie on the right.

In conclusion, I am returning this DVD for an exchange in hopes that it's just a glitch and my copy is a lemon. I will update when I receive the replacement.

UPDATE: Received 2nd copy of this DVD. Same problem. The movie is sped up. It's so frustrating. How could they create a DVD copy of this movie with non-anamorphic "widescreen", interlaced video, and most frustratingly the sped up video... and then release millions of copies of this so-called Gold Edition?!?! The only good thing about this DVD is the behind-the-scenes Reflections From The Ice. So I'll keep the DVD for that, but I'll be watching the movie from my original 10 year old DVD copy of The Cutting Edge.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Adjustable Dip Push Up Body Row Pull Station for Total Body Crossfit Workout
Adjustable Dip Push Up Body Row Pull Station for Total Body Crossfit Workout
Offered by barbells4me
Price: $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down my favorite piece of exercise equipment!, May 2, 2016
Had these dip bars for about a month and this is hands down my favorite piece of exercise equipment. My apartment is tiny so I'm limited in terms of space and one of the things I love about these bars is how compact and versatile they are. I have looked at many other options for dips before deciding on these.

Pros:
1. I really like how you can adjust the width (from narrow to wide) or place them on an angle if you like. You can't do that with something like "Ultimate Body Press Dip Stand".
2. I like that you can adjust the height from 30" to 33" to 36".You can't do that with something like "Lebert Equalizer".
3. It's very sturdy. I like the black pegs at the bottom of the feet and how you can turn them to adjust the dip bars so they are level/flush with the floor. This greatly reduces or eliminates wobbling.
4. I like the rubber grips. It feels great on my hands and I never have blisters or feel the need to wear gloves.
5. I love the versatility of it. I can do dips, pull-ups, bicep rows, and knee raises. You can really get creative.
6. It's compact. You just slide one bar into the other side-by-side and put it against the wall. It's perfect for my tiny one-bedroom apartment. It's out of the way and uncluttered.
7. It's simple and minimalistic. There's nothing to figure out. No wires to connect. No manual to read. No setup at all. Just grab it and start exercising.

Cons: None really. Except maybe having people stare at you everywhere you go because of your toned arms and sexy abs???

When I received the pair of dips bars, one bar was perfect while the other was slightly bent. Not terribly, but enough to cause noticeable wobbling and distract me from my workout. The customer service from the seller is the best I have ever had. He was very professional, courteous, patient and willing to work with me to resolve the problem. I am now super happy with the dip bars that I have. They don't wobble anymore and I couldn't be happier. I use these bars on a daily basis and they really hold up. If you decide to get these bars, you will not be sorry.

Flamekiss 12" Red Ceramic Coated Fry Pan by Amorè, Innovative & Elegant Design, Nano Ceramic Coating w/ Silver Ion (100% PTFE & PFOA Free) w/ Glass Lid
Offered by 2Go Products LLC
Price: $35.95
5 used & new from $30.74

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this frying pan, March 31, 2016
I absolutely love this frying pan. After searching for a while, this was exactly what I was looking for! Nothing sticks to this pan. It's a breeze to clean. I was so pleased, I went ahead and purchased the 8" and 10" pans as well. They work just as well as the 12". I love that this pan and the 10" comes with a lid. And the customer service is great too! I recommended this pan to my family and friends and they are very happy. After trying other products, I now only go with Flamekiss!!!

SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Stereo Wireless Earphones for Running with Mic (6 Hours Play Time, Bluetooth 4.0, IPX4 Sweatproof, Secure Ear Hooks Design) -QY7 Black & Green
Offered by SoundPEATS Audio
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Hurt my ears badly! Throwing them out., October 10, 2015
Hurt my ears so bad. They would have been perfect otherwise, but I can't keep them in my ears for more than a few minutes without it leading to a headache. I use the smallest ear pieces available. Throwing them out. Waste of money.

Rayman 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Rayman 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by YtseGames
Price: $18.65
40 used & new from $2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly fun!!!!!!, June 10, 2015
Bought this a while ago but haven't played it until now. I was too busy playing Mario and Zelda games. Finished those and decided to finally do Rayman. I never played the original game. So many negative comments about what a poor port this is and how the original was way better than this one. I don't know what the heck you naysayers are talking about cause this game is hella fun!!!!! I have such a blast playing it. The difficulty I would rate as intermediate. Not so hard that it makes you wanna pull your hair out from frustration, but not so easy that you get bored of it. I love that it makes you think how to solve a problem. It doesn't hold your hand and guide you step by step like some games do... i.e., "Go to point A. Do B, C and D. Then go to point E." I hate that with some games. It lets you go through trial and error until you figure it out. Love that about this game! Love the little green lums that save your location for you so if you die, you don't completely lose all your progress. It's very colorful so the characters and scenery just pop out at you. Love the pace of the game. It forces you to move quickly through the game... and you have to react without a second to think. My favorite games are ones where the character walks through a free world and has the ability to explore at their own pace -- Mario 64, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie (unfortunately not available on DS) -- so I was really looking for a game to fill that void once I finished them. Someone on a message board recommended this one... so I got it, and I LOVE it! It's just the type of game I long for and so seldom find. Now if Nintendo 3DS would just release Banjo Kazooie, I would be in heaven!!!

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Offered by Games For Less Online
Price: $34.99
213 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hate the time restraints!, May 30, 2015
I loved Ocarina of Time. That game was amazing. So when I finished it, I was still thirsty for more. I got Majora's Mask after reading such rave reviews. The game does have some interesting quests, but I cannot tell you how much I DESPISED having to repeat things I've already finished simply because of the time restraints. Always rushing. Always watching the clock. Never being able to just roam about and explore as long as I want like I did in OOT. And yes, I made the timer go slower by hitting RLYRLY. Doesn't matter how fast you go... you will end up repeating countless tasks and that's when it gets boring and irritating. I finished Majora's Mask hoping the time restraints would grow on me and it never did. The ending of the game felt more like a chore rather than a fun thing I wanted to do... like "well I got this far so might as well finish it off." Really a letdown compared with its predecessor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2015 2:30 PM PDT

Tamron AFB016C700 16-300 F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro 16-300mm IS Interchangeable Lens for Canon EF-S Cameras
Price: $599.00
43 used & new from $444.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Soft at all focal points!, May 9, 2015
I bought this lens for my new Canon 70D. I love photography. But I don't do it professionally. So I didn't need the absolute sharpest lens. I mostly wanted to photograph my young son and have a walkabout lens that wouldn't require me to switch between lenses and carry extra gear.

Sometimes my son is right next to me, so 16mm feels right. And sometimes we're at the park, so 100mm is good. Sometimes I take him to a theme park and he's on a ride far away, so 300mm is perfect. Considering the focal length range on this lens, I knew going in I'd be sacrificing on quality a bit.

Right out of the box, I take my Canon 70D with the Tamron 16-300mm to the playground and start shooting my son. From the first picture, I realize there is blur at the focal point when I zoom in on the camera LCD. After many days of playing around with this lens, I begin to realize that at EVERY focal depth... the focal point is soft. From 16 to 300, I don't have a single sharp image. My manual settings are correct. It is NOT camera shake -- my hands are very still. I tested this even with a tripod. I tested it in really good light. I tested it every which way possible to produce what I consider a reasonably sharp image for a lens of this much range.

I did not want to believe the image quality was this bad. I did not want to go through a return process. I even began to question the quality of the 70D. 2 weeks passed and I decided to buy a Canon 18-135mm lens (that would have been part of a kit but I bought just a camera body alone cause I knew I'd be using the Tamron). I knew that it would be an unfair test considering the differences in these 2 lenses, but I wanted to see just how much better the quality would be in the 18-135mm. If it wasn't going to be much of a difference, I would return the Canon lens and stick with the Tamron. I wanted the Tamron to be decent enough to "live with" because the other way around would have me going through the hassle of returning the Tamron lens AND the 70D so that I could re-purchase the 70D with the kit lens to save a little money ($300 worth of savings).

After several days of playing around with the Tamron and Canon lenses, testing them both at good light and low light on tripods and handheld at the same focal depths, same ISOs, same apertures and same shutter speeds, I came to the conclusion that I could not live with the Tamron. The benefits of the extra zoom and comfort of not switching lenses and carrying extra gear was not worth sacrificing that much quality. The kit lens was sharper than I could have imagined... especially at the focal point. Not to mention, the Tamron is so LOUD when autofocusing. It is beyond annoying and distracting when in video mode. It takes away from the entire video. It is constantly hunting for focus and you hear it clicking and churning. The Canon lens was COMPLETELY silent. And the autofocusing was much more accurate.

In conclusion, I returned my Canon 70D and Tamron 16-300mm lens and purchased the Canon 70D with the kit lens Canon 18-135mm IS STM. I also purchased the Canon 55-250mm IS STM in addition and the store sold it to me for 50% off. In the end, I saved $450 and my images are so sharp and I am beyond happy with what I have now!!! Yes, I have to now carry an extra lens and switch lenses. But I just couldn't live with the Tamron's soft images. I'm not a crazy pixel-peeper and I'm not planning to make a profession out of photography, but the Tamron's IQ was unacceptable to me.

Example:

Focal point is on Luigi's eye closest to his sideburns. Be sure to enlarge the image to see my point.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2015 9:11 AM PDT

Echocardiography Review Guide: Companion to the Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 2e (Expert Consult Title: Online + Print)
by Catherine M. Otto
49 used & new from $34.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Good study resource for the boards, March 2, 2014
I'm using this book with the Otto textbook to study for my echo boards. It's a good addition and breaks down the textbook into the most important key points. Also has questions in the back for each chapter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 5:27 AM PST

CHICOBAG BOTTLE SLING rePETe~Serpentine
CHICOBAG BOTTLE SLING rePETe~Serpentine

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sling for my thermos, March 2, 2014
It was such a pain carrying my thermos until I got this sling. It's perfect for carrying my thermos to work and back. My hands are now free to carry something else. I also like how it folds compact for storage and has a nice pocket in the front. I keep my metrocard in it for easy access.

Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18 Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle, Stainless Steel
Price: $18.05
98 used & new from $14.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Take it to work everyday, March 2, 2014
I love this thermos. It says that you can only use it for cold liquids, but I've been using it forever for my morning coffee and never had a problem. Doesn't leak and keeps my coffee boiling hot for hours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16