Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for A. Germaine > Reviews

Browse

A. Germaine's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Germaine RSS Feed

Danish Orchards Raspberry Preserves, 2-Pounds (Pack of 4)
Danish Orchards Raspberry Preserves, 2-Pounds (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam is Fabulous; Packing is Lousy, May 11, 2011
Five stars for jam and one star for packing.
I first purchased this jam at costco and I loved it. I don't live anywhere near a coscto so I was quite sad when I ran out. To my delight I discover amazon carried it far cheaper than costco. In my first shipment one tub popped open and a little jam squeezed out. Today my second shipment arrived. Whoever packed it laid the jam on its side and all four of the tubs popped open and jam was all over box. Huge sticky mess. The amazon worker Suresh promptly gave me a refund with no hassle. If the worker packs it properly its great if they don't you'll be chatting with a nice man in India.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2011 11:25 AM PDT

Pilot Varsity Disposable Fountain Pens, 7-Pack Pouch, Assorted Color Inks (90029)
Price: $13.24
56 used & new from $12.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware it will ruin all other pens for you!, October 12, 2010
If you are a fan of true ink pens you will love this. They have vibrant colors and are the smoothest pen I have ever used. They don't leak or need to be refilled and the ink dries quickly so smudging hasn't been a problem at all. They make ugly handwriting beautiful who knows what they would do average handwriting. Find out.

Newpoint Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector
Newpoint Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector
Price: $8.97 - $105.86

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE--Not waterproof in the least!!!, April 13, 2010
I had hopes for this mattress pad as it had many good reviews but unfortunately it is not waterproof at all. We have had it for 2 months and just recently test drove its waterproofness. The liquid went right through the mattress pad as though it wasn't even waterproofed. Luckily, I had another mattress pad under that that saved the day. Do not buy for children's beds or any other situations in which you need waterproofing. I would return it but for ten bucks it doesn't seem worth the effort. Disappointing!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2011 8:29 AM PST

Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Adventures of James
Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway - Adventures of James
Offered by Magical Moon
Price: $31.75
6 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware the red james engine has been recalled!, December 7, 2009
This is one of my favorite sets of engines! So I was really sad to learn that the red James with green flags has been recalled. We had to send James & coal tender back to the company as part of the 2007 thomas recalls and we are waiting for a replacement train. But the busy bee thomas (black and yellow) is okay and my all time favorite thomas train. I just love his grumpy expression and the story that goes along with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 7:31 AM PDT

Thomas & Friends:Big Day for Thomas w/ double train
Thomas & Friends:Big Day for Thomas w/ double train
DVD ~ George Carlin
5 used & new from $13.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Two thomas trains not donald, December 7, 2009
I purchased this hoping to get the Donald train as the package indictated but instead recieved the two thomas trains as pictured (gold and original). I am disappointed not to have gotten Donald but it is still cheaper than buying the engines individually.

Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
by Dean Karnazes
193 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, January 25, 2006
I'm a runner and was looking forward to reading this book as I am quite impressed by those who are willing to run the ultras. Sadly I found this book quite repititive and dull. Basically it is the same story told in diffrent race settings over and over again. He enters a race, goes through an inordinate amount of pain that no other person can stand and finishes it the majority of the time. I do admire him and the other athletes who compete in the events but just felt that this book was quite cliche. Also I found it interesting that Dean says he likes how underground the sport is, but have seen him on late night tv, magaines cover etc and he made sure to include the picture of him from the Sports illustrated sexiest man issue.

Slipping into Paradise: Why I Live in New Zealand
Slipping into Paradise: Why I Live in New Zealand
by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson
91 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A horrid let-down, September 27, 2004
I was greatly excited to see that the library was getting this book as I have had trouble finding New Zealand travel books in their section. I felt that the author wasn't so much as impressed and in love with New Zealand as he was with himself. You are lucky to enough to be able to read about why the various other countries he has lived in aren't up to snuff, and his long litany of various types of studies he has undertaken and his quite impressive library, and the complete lack of NZ intellectuals. He never really mentions the day to day life and interactions with Kiwis. He basically only writes about those like Sir Edmund Hillay or the foriegn prime minister or some equally important person. And all thru this he mentions his political viewpoints and I never felt like I could picture New Zealand from his writing. It was a tedious read to say the least.