Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Profile for Jadecat > Reviews

Browse

Jadecat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 473

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jadecat RSS Feed (Lake Orion, MI United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Photo Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready - Blue Accent (J9V90A)
Price: $69.99
9 used & new from $59.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little printer, used primarily for printing photos off of camera. Nice price point. So far easy to set up and use., August 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, this is pretty much a cool little item to have. I don't think it could ever take the place of a main printer for your home, but as a secondary printer with kids in the home, it is a nice idea. What sold me on it was that you could print directly from your phone screen. Perhaps there are other ways to get that done with apps on other printers, but I liked the direct method on this one. And so far it has worked flawlessly.

Set up was easy, no hiccups, just follow the instructions. My teenage daughter downloaded the app to her iPhone and immediately was able to print off a few Instagram pictures. Quality is pretty good too when printed on photo paper. In the long run, this may or may not save you from getting needed photos printed at a drugstore or warehouse store.

I did not opt for their ink deal at the time, as having read some other reviews, they stated their printer began experiencing issues before ink was ever needed. Have not had any problems with mine though, just printed out a picture this morning and it worked perfectly. It is quite easy to use.

For the price, it is a nice little item, especially for teenagers who take gazillions of pictures. They can print their own and not bother you with going out and getting them printed. Time will tell if the machine holds up though and continues to connect with WiFi. Unfortunately I can't comment on ink life, but have been impressed with the photos that were printed. Colors come out nice and accurate.

bliss Mad About Smooth Smoothing SPF 15 Mineral Primer, 1 fl. oz.
bliss Mad About Smooth Smoothing SPF 15 Mineral Primer, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $32.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The sunscreen properties make this a great option for the summer, fills in pores, very smooth feeling, easy to apply, August 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A primer with a sunscreen in it sounds very nice. I have tried quite a few primers, but this is the first one I have used that comes out looking white, like a regular lotion. It is thick enough to spread over the face with your fingers, whereas others I have to use a brush application to apply as they are more of a gel/liquid. This is a very smooth, slick feeling primer, and I do feel it fills in those pesky pores in my face and makes my skin look better and smoother. It does leave the slightest white tint from the sunscreen, but with either powder or liquid foundation, that was covered over. It has no offending odor to it either.

But yes, that cap they decided to put on it. Who's idea was that? Mine doesn't seem to cause a mess like others have experienced, but the primer does not come out as easy as it should. Not a deal breaker in my book, but it wins no points.

I prefer this primer over my several Smashbox ones that don't seem to leave my face looking smoother. I would place this on the same level as a new Lancome LaBase primer I have that also fills in pores nicely, without irritation. Still, for the summer and when I am outside, I would choose a primer that has some sunscreen in it.

Solid Gold Green Cow Holistic Grain Free Wet Dog Food, Green Beef Tripe, Adult Dogs, 13.2oz Can, 12 Count
Price: $35.88
6 used & new from $35.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Lower fat content than many other canned food. Tripe is great for dogs. No junk in it. Dog and shelter dog approved., August 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This food really smells, any tripe food should, but my dogs apparently love that smell. Tripe is said to be a wonderful food for dogs, loaded with good nutrients and easy to digest. I know raw feeders that say tripe is like a delicacy for their dogs. I will stick to canned tripe for now.

My 2 pit bulls have a very varied diet as I try lots of foods on them, and this canned food (Green Beef Tripe recipe) went over big time with them, but they are not picky. I firmly believe that the more variety you give your dogs, the better their digestive system is, and they don't get picky with food, but I know not all dogs are like that.

I also took a can of this food to the local animal shelter I volunteer at. Those poor dogs there get fed dry food, sometimes it is of decent quality, other times it is what people donate, and they think that donating Pedigree or Kibbles and Bits is a good thing. It isn't, but of course if you say something, then you become the bad guy. Anyways, when I would take one of the shelter dogs out for a walk, I would put a spoonful of this canned food on the ground for them, and without fail, every dog that was offered it scarfed it down. Many then looked at me, clearly wanting more. This was such a treat for them. AND I felt good about giving it to them. I didn't want to over do it, as it is probably very rich compared to the dry crap food they eat.

The protein content of 9.5% is nice, not high, not low. The fat content of 3.0% is actually low compared to a lot of canned foods. This could be a good food if your dog has pancreatic issues as you want to avoid high fat with that.

Overall, a better than average canned food for your dog. You just have to be able to stand the smell of it. At about $3 a can, you a paying a moderate price. Merrick canned food is a little cheaper, but again, give a variety of food to your dog, and read ingredients.

Wellness CORE Marrow Roasts Natural Grain Free Dog Treats, Beef, 8-Ounce Bag
Wellness CORE Marrow Roasts Natural Grain Free Dog Treats, Beef, 8-Ounce Bag
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Put down that bag of fake looking dog bacon treats, and get something healthier like these! Dog taste and dog stomach approved, August 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am choosy about what I feed my dogs, no matter how pretty the packaging is, you need to read the ingredient label. This ingredient label passes the test...although I don't really see the need to add caramel color to the food, but for an occasional treat, I will let it pass.

These are some thick, fairly chewy treats. My two 55 lb pit bulls had to actually take a moment to chew it, so I would not give a full sized one to a smaller dog, unless it was cut up first. They are kind of like chunky Fig Newtons for dogs, but with beef.

I counted about 35 treats in the bag, so that means each treat runs about 17 cents. That would seem fairly manageable. If you give your dog 2 a day, it will last you over 2 weeks.

As for the quality of beef in it, who knows, except the manufacturer Wellpet. I highly doubt they are buying the choice pieces of beef to make cheap treats, but my dog doesn't seem to care. I believe in giving a variety, so that hopefully nutrition and quality balance out in the long run.

These are a huge step up from the nasty treats you can usually find in the grocery store, where the first ingredient is usually wheat gluten or corn gluten, and then the meat is often a by-product form, blech. Your dog should have no issue digesting these.

Remember read the ingredient label of what you are feeding your dog!! Or cat....

bliss Empowder Me Buildable Powder Foundation, Natural, 0.31 oz.
bliss Empowder Me Buildable Powder Foundation, Natural, 0.31 oz.
Price: $34.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, probably best if your skin is young and flawless., July 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, I received the "Natural" color of this product, and from the picture, it looks pretty normal, but I clearly don't have what they consider natural skin tone. I tried using it dry first and it seemed almost too powdery, did not really go on smoothly, at least not as nicely as some other powders I use. Then I tried using it with a damp brush as one might do with a liquid foundation. As I was putting it on, it reminded me of Trump in his early campaign, that orange-ish color that showed up on his face when he was on TV. I can't say I was particularly enthralled with that look on me. I brushed it on to a thin layer and it covered well enough, but then I felt I should put another layer of a different powder/color on so as to look more like myself.

Perhaps with the right color, I would have been more pleased, but I didn't feel this product was superior to other makeup products I had, so I will stick with what I know works. (i.e. love the Laura Gellar and Lancome foundations). I do have older skin, and I didn't feel it did a lot to make me look younger. I would be leery of buying this without being to actually test it, as the color was not what I expected from the picture.

SAT: Total Prep: Online + Book + DVD (Kaplan Test Prep)
SAT: Total Prep: Online + Book + DVD (Kaplan Test Prep)
by Kaplan
Price: $25.70
39 used & new from $20.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive book that appears very well laid out. Lots of instructions, visuals, practices and tests. This will be a great help., July 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book was obtained for my daughter about to enter her junior year in high school, the year they take the SAT for their college applications. We certainly have not gone through every page of the book, but it is massive, and fortunately light. It is truly about the size of the old phone books we used to have at home. With over 1000 pages, it covers a lot of material. You pretty much get a short review of many math and verbal problems. For example, Chapter 6 is about Rates, Ratios, Proportions and Percentages. It gives you 16 pages of review on that subject, then 20 pages of practices questions with the answers and explanations available in the back of the book. There are 12 chapters on math review, and the language section appears just as thorough. 15 chapters on reading and writing skills. The last section deals with the essay portion of the test. I love that there are 5 practice SAT tests, that should give you a good idea of where you stand for when you take the official test. 2 of the tests are printed in the book, and the other 3 are available online. As for the DVD, I have not viewed it yet, but it has video tutorials on it to help even more.

I do like that in the beginning of the book, they even have a page that states "I'm overwhelmed. Where do I start?" They suggest taking the first practice test to figure out what you are weakest in and then review those chapters in the book to hopefully strengthen your answers for the next test. You don't have to try and figure out where you are weakest, the test results will point out the sections you need help in and indicate the correct chapters to review. That definitely sounds like a plan. I know there are tons of SAT prep books out there, and choosing among them would be difficult. Somebody always manages to find a wrong answer in one of those books, and perhaps there is one in this book somewhere, but I can totally see how this book would be very helpful. This makes taking the SAT seem more exciting, although my daughter may disagree.

Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort 13 Inch Deluxe Euro Box Top Spring Mattress, King
Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort 13 Inch Deluxe Euro Box Top Spring Mattress, King
Price: $310.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with quality, firmness and comfort of bed. Easy set up, great price. Why pay 4x more for a bed! LOVE IT., July 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What an amazing concept. Order a bed online, have it delivered in a big, but able to handle, rectangular box, open it up and watch it turn into a king size bed before your eyes. Totally awesome. I have been coveting a new bed for the past few years. Our 14 year old Serta pillow top mattress felt like you were sleeping in a bowl. We hated it. I researched beds thoroughly a year ago and still had no idea what would be the best option to buy. As much as I wanted a new bed, I dreaded the thought of going into a store and seeing all kinds of different mattresses at high prices. Then along came this opportunity to have the Sleep Master Ultima Comfort 13 inch Deluxe king size bed. It was a bit nerve wracking picking it out and never having tried it, but for the price, I felt that even if it turned into a dud mattress a year or 2 down the road, it wasn't a big investment. All the positive reviews about how firm and stable it was had me hoping it would be a good thing. After all, it couldn't be worse than the worn out bed I currently had.

Within a few days of ordering it (and the Zinus metal platform frame for it, so no more boxsprings either), it arrived via FedEx. It still amazes me how a bed is compressed down into a box slightly bigger than a small refrigerator size. I was able to get it into my bedroom, open the box and drag the wrapped in plastic bed out. I swear the instructions said to remove it form the bag and then cut the straps holding it together, but as I was removing it from the bag, it burst to life and opened up right then and there. Within minutes, I had a 13" king size mattress on my floor. I couldn't wait any longer, and I tried it out. There was absolutely no bowl effect! The mattress did not sink in with my body weight (130 lbs). It was glorious. This is definitely a firm mattress. There is absolutely no jiggly effect in that if I bounce around on my side, the other side of the bed won't feel it. My 200 lb hubby was thrilled with it.

I have slept on it for about a week now. With my old bed, I would wake up with a sore, stiff back and was reallllly hoping this bed would solve that problem. It has to a degree, but I still have a sore back , but it is not as stiff in the morning. Who knows why, but I don't feel it is the beds issue, just mine. I still love it each night when I get into it and am very thankful I no longer have the old bed. I would 100% get this bed again. Without a doubt. I see no reason to ever go into a mattress store and spend 3 to 4 times as much on a mattress anymore. I am just hoping this one continues to hold out and doesn't develop a sinking top. As I recall, my old pillow top mattress was much softer on the top, so I could see why it would compress down and make it uncomfortable later on. This bed is soft on the top, but is still different from a pillow top so I don't see that it would have the same problem down the road. I will definitely update if it does.

As for the platform to put it on Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Mattress Foundation/Platform Bed Frame/Box Spring Replacement/Quiet Noise-Free/Maximum Under-bed Storage, King, this has been great. I don't miss having boxsprings. This platform does not move around, the bed has not shifted off of it. It does not squeak. My cat is probably thrilled with having more space under the bed now. Highly recommend it all.

Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase Mattress Foundation for Big & Tall Extra Strong Support/Platform Bed Frame/Box Spring Replacement/Sturdy/Quiet Noise Free/Non-Slip, King
Price: $139.00
4 used & new from $120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So wish I had used one of these instead of dusty old box springs. Perfect height to use bedskirt too. Quiet and sturdy., July 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was still old school and thought that mattresses ALWAYS had to go on box springs...or maybe that is what the mattress store wants you to believe. But I was now going to get a Zinus mattress where you did not need a boxspring and this smartbase seemed pretty dreamy. The mattress and this base arrived on the same day. Setting the base up was an amazingly easy process. Pull the metal legs down and screw the 2 separate twin sized bases together. My base did apparently had a slight mishap in shipping as the bars that would have been on one side of the shipping box must have gotten hit fairly hard to bend in a bit. It just affected the outer bars, making it only cosmetic damage, and did not affect the stability or straightness of the rest of the base. I thought for a second that I could pull the bar out straight, well, that bar wasn't going to budge. And then once the mattress was put on top of it, you couldn't even see the bend in the bar. I did get the Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort 13 Inch Deluxe Euro Box Top Spring Mattress, King and the two items together are great. Such a wonderful value too.

After sleeping on the mattress and base for a few days, I have to say I am highly impressed with the sturdiness and lack of any sound coming from the bed or base. This base also leaves lots more space for storage and for my cats to hide under the bed. Love it all.

BURTON Women's Crystal Pullover Hoodie, Medium, True Black
BURTON Women's Crystal Pullover Hoodie, Medium, True Black
Price: $48.02
4 used & new from $48.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average athletic type pullover. Nice styling. Burton wins with this one., July 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Yep, this is kind of an odd, different style of pullover hoodie, but I like that, something different from the rest. It feels very well made, I like that your neck gets covered, but isn't binding. How often the hood will come into play, well, probably not often. When I put it on, I felt like I could be a character on Star Wars, but perhaps in the middle of winter when I am outside, I may find it quite handy. The zippered, reflective trimmed pockets are great, I love not having to worrying about gloves, keys, phones or anything falling out of pockets. The polyester fabric has a waffle (?) type pattern to it, so it isn't flat looking or boring. Sizing seems to be standard. I got a medium and probably could have worn a small, but the medium looks fine. 5'7"/130/34 chest for size comparison. It is long enough to cover the top of your pants, so that is always nice too. It does cling a bit to your hips, so take that into consideration if you are between sizes. All around nice quality, but Burton generally is great.

Creative Dining Group Shimmer Fabric Tablecloth, 60 by 84", Silver
Creative Dining Group Shimmer Fabric Tablecloth, 60 by 84", Silver
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, clean looking tablecloth, brightens up the room, hides small stains and cat hair well!, July 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an overall nice tablecloth (the silver shimmer one), especially considering the price and comparing it to some of the hideous tablecloths that you find in big box stores. I would say it is on the thin side and if you think you are going to put on a bare wood table, then I suspect you would have problems with it sliding around. I have an oval wooden table, but it is always covered with one of those padded liners that go under tablecloths. Putting this cloth on top of that, I had no problems with it moving around. I would not recommend this one, 60x84 for an oval table that seats 4 off 6. Being that the cloth is cut in a rectangle, the corners just hang too low and make it look odd. I ended up tucking the corners in under the padded liner just to make it look better. I do like the design of the cloth, it does have a slight shimmer to it, but nothing that would be close to glittery or over the top. It comes out nice and wrinkled when you first get it, I did not iron it or perhaps even try to smooth it out in the dryer, and that clearly would have made it look nicer on the table. I must also confess that my dining room table is really the feeding table for my cats, so they are the ones that get to enjoy the cloth most of the time. I can say wholeheartedly that this design does not show cat hair, and it still looks clean after 10 days! But it does look like it will wash and wear fine, being polyester, so no worries there.

For the price point and nice selection of colors, this is a good quality cloth to have on rotation to give your table a nice change up now and then. Not that it should be a surprise, but the rectangle cuts really don't look good on ovals, more oval clothes please!
Comment Comment | Permalink