Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Beatle23 > Reviews

Browse

Beatle23's Profile

Customer Reviews: 87

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beatle23 "beatle23" RSS Feed (Evanston, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Tell Me Who I Am
Tell Me Who I Am
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life, January 25, 2009
This review is from: Tell Me Who I Am (MP3 Music)
We've all been there. All of us.

I'm talking about hard times. Sure, we try to be zen about life. "Don't get too high, don't get too low." But sometimes, you just can't achieve that balance no matter how hard you try.

I came across this free download merely by accident. When I saw the cover art, I told myself that this was a moment... a moment for pause. I went on to download the free track only to find not only a pensive, reflective tune... but myself.

I put "Tell Me Who I Am" on repeat that night. I didn't sleep a wink, because the lyrics and melodies haunted me and forced me to look within myself. What I found wasn't always pretty, but it was honest. Sanjaya, I can't tell you who you are. Only you, and you alone, can do that. That's what your song taught me.

As for me, thanks to your song, I know exactly who I am now. Thank you.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2009 5:24 PM PDT

UFO Detector - Internal magnetometer interfaced with microcontroller for 24 hour/7 days a week monitoring for magnetic anomalies that have been reported with many UFO sightings
Price: $87.66
3 used & new from $87.66

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a COUNTERFEIT version!, January 14, 2008
Quite contrary to what's advertised, this UFO Detector is not an official Images SI Inc. product. After referring to the Images SI Counterfeit Guide, I discovered a few questionable defects that made me realize Amazon was selling a bogus UFO Detector.

Here are some common things found on the fake UFO Detectors claiming to be an official Images SI Inc. product:

- Lack of trash can symbol next to the the serial numbers and other official regulatory icons.

- unsmooth edges in the plastic body. Official UFO Detectors from Images SI Inc, will have the frayed edges smoothed out before leaving the factory.

- Lighting when turned on is distributed unevenly with one bright light dominating the illumination. An official product will have the light evenly spread through the interior.

If you see any of the above, you have a fake UFO Detector from Images SI Inc. Now you may be thinking, "So what? It's cheaper and it works."

Sure, it works. For now. But what are you going to do if it breaks? You can't get Images SI Inc. to honor the warranty. You get what you pay for, people. Beware of what you buy.

Price: $87.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm., January 14, 2008
I don't know how many times I've been startled by UFOs sneaking up on me, but those days are done. Now when I go out for late night walks, I carry around my UFO detector with me. I know what you're wondering.

"Is it bulky?" "Is it heavy?" "Does it REALLY work??"

First, this thing is tiny and lightweight because I got the nano version. I can't recommend getting the nano version enough. As it is, the nano version is smaller than most standard cell phones. The regular, standard UFO dectector is twice as big, and I just can't honestly imagine carrying that around. With the nano UFO Detector, I can just slip it into my pocket without a care.

Now about performance. The UFO Detector is SO user-friendly compared to how it's advertised here. For example, did you know there are 3 different alert modes available?

1. Chiming alert
2. Voice command
&
3. Vibrate mode (strong too)

I've tried all 3, and each alert works brilliantly. Let's face it, we're adults and we experience different situations on any given day. Based on that situation, having 3 choices for UFO alerts is invaluable.

Since getting the UFO-02 Detector, I have yet to be taken off-guard by UFOs. Now, with a comfortable "heads-up" I can even appreciate these amazing technological vechicles. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because of the poorly written and cursory user guide they provided.

Unidentified Flying Objects... be on alert. You've been Identified.

Fresh Whole Rabbit
Fresh Whole Rabbit

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Buyer: This Rabbit Comes DECEASED!, January 9, 2008
This review is from: Fresh Whole Rabbit (Misc.)
I bought this thinking it would make a wonderful gift to my neighbor's young son. Ordering was simple, and delivery was flawless. So you can imagine the shock and awe not only on my face, but also my neighbor's 3-year-old son, when he opened the package to find a DEAD rabbit.

When I contacted Cloverdale about this issue, I found myself on hold for hours listening to John Tesh: Live at Red Rocks. After 3 hours on hold, I was asked to leave a message. Wait 3 hours and leave a message??

Suffice to say, I have not heard back from Cloverdale. Look closely people, nowhere on the page does it say that this rabbit comes DECEASED. To all of you looking for a fun pet, do not be deceived by Cloverdale's deception. This rabbit is NOT alive. It is DEAD.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2010 2:41 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Chef Boyardee: Underrated and underappreciated, December 10, 2007
If the best chefs in the world are considered, Iron Chefs, Chef Boyardee is the Titanium Chef.

Before Bobby Flay and Morimoto, Chef Boyardee laid the groundwork. He brought style, flair, and a touch of arrogance to a profession that was seen as mere servitude.

Rumor and urban legend have it that Chef Boyardee openly scoffed and mocked Mussolini's suggestions for "improving" Boyardee's spaghetti sauce during the tyrant's most powerful days. For anyone else, that would mean execution. For Chef Boyardee, it meant respect and legend status. From that point on, Mussolini appointed Chef Boyardee to the highest order in his inner circle often deferring to him on various political issues.

Although his food still stands as the cornerstone of high quality meals, Chef Boyardee's personality often drew more attention during the peak of his career. His well-known, confident smile was known to calm chefs in his kitchen even when tensions were high. That self-assured smile now adorns every product marked by his name, Chef Boyardee.

For about $35, this is a STEAL. Along with the legacy of Chef Boyardee, you not only get a reputable item, but a high quality one as well. To this day, many 5 star establishments continue to use Chef Boyardee's products (included said spaghetti sauce) simply because of the consistent satisfaction and success.

You would be a fool not to snatch this up at its current price. Like most highly desired items, this is usually listed at Market price, meaning it fluctuates based on the supply and demand. I've seen cans of Chef Boyardee spaghetti sauce go for as high as $90/can. But I've never seen it go this low to $35 (most likely due to the war overseas). If I were you, I'd get not only one can, but as many as you can muster. And if you don't plan to use it, save it and watch the value skyrocket.

Who knows? You might not just get a great meal, but also make a profit.

Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2009 10:17 PM PDT

Uranium Ore
Uranium Ore
Price: $39.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., December 10, 2007
This review is from: Uranium Ore
Everyone knows what Uranium Ore is and its various uses, so I'm not going to waste your time and go into that here.

The real question is do you have to replace your current existing supply of Uranium Ore for this newly released version? In short, no.

The previous version of Uranium Ore was the original. It was potent, did the job, and left me wanting for more. Unfortunately, this version of Uranium Ore coming from Images SI Inc left me wanting less. Much less.

Firstly, the amount they supplied was far less than previous suppliers. With the original version, I got at least twice as much Ore. Yes, we're paying half the price, but we're getting half the amount so don't be fooled here, people. Sure, they claim it's higher quality and coming from a more unadulterated form, but to be honest, I didn't see any difference. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I'm calling it as I see it.

Secondly, the packaging. Talk about cutting corners. Don't be fooled by the image. It looks vacuum sealed and secure. But get this, on other side of the container (which they conveniently did NOT photograph), they have fine print that reads, "Warning: Contents may have shifted during shipping." I thought this was merely precautionary, but lo and behold, the Uranium Ore was everywhere when I opened it. And when I say "everywhere," I mean EVERYWHERE.

When I contacted Images SI Inc. about this issue, they said they were in full compliance with Section 13 from part 40 of the NRC Nuclear Regulatory Commission rules and regulations and Postal Service regulations specified in 49 CFR 173.421 for activity limits of low level radioactive materials. I responded that the these "regulations" were not very sound then, if that was the case. After countless hours on hold, I finally got them to send over another shipment free of charge, but guess what? The contents AGAIN shifted during shipping leaving me with hours and hours of cleanup and quarantining procedures.

On the whole, people are going to look at the price and be very tempted to purchase this item. DON'T! In the end, you're going to end up with Uranium Ore that is the exact same in terms of quality, but in an erratic state when you finally open the package that will add endless hours of cleanup.

It's your choice. This Ore That. If you're smart, you won't go with new version.

BEATLES THE HELP! ( 2DVD)
BEATLES THE HELP! ( 2DVD)
DVD ~ Beatles The
9 used & new from $15.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film, Great DVD package, September 12, 2007
This review is from: BEATLES THE HELP! ( 2DVD) (DVD)
Everyone knows the film and loves it, that's why we're here checking it out on this page. Most likely, you're deciding between this regular version and the Deluxe Edition. Let me tackle this dilemma first...

When I first read about the Deluxe Edition, I thought the price would be around $50 like most other Deluxe Edition DVDs out there. At $95, this is way too much for what they're offering. Yes, you get all this:

- a reproduction of Richard Lester's original annotated script

- 8 lobby cards

- poster

- 60-page book with rarely seen photographs and production notes from the movie

... but unless they are signed by at least one Beatle, I wouldn't pay that much. Yes, Richard Lester's annotated script is great, but wait awhile and you'll probably find a reproduction online sometime. The lobby cards and poster are great, but those are not the main reasons for the price inflation. The 60 page book would seem to be the main reason for the price hike, but look at other Beatles books out there. The paperback version of The Beatles Anthology has 368 pages, weighs 2.2 pounds, and has over 1,300 photographs. The price? LESS THAN A THIRD of what this Deluxe Edition of Help is going for.

At this moment, I'm going to buy this regular edition which has been restored with great picture and a 5.1 soundtrack. Plus, the second disk has great extras (could be better if they had Paul or Ringo commenting) that will suffice. I didn't give it five stars simply because I think A Hard Day's Night is their 5 star effort, and although Help and this DVD package is great, it's not as good as A Hard Day's Night. If you have a choice, go for the regular edition of Help. Especially for the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2007 4:41 PM PDT

Help! (Deluxe Edition)
Help! (Deluxe Edition)
DVD ~ The Beatles
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $59.99
29 used & new from $11.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Great film, questionable DVD package, September 12, 2007
This review is from: Help! (Deluxe Edition) (DVD)
Everyone knows the film and loves it, that's why we're here checking it out on this page. But what about this DVD package? If you look at the price, you have to question is it really worth it.

- a reproduction of Richard Lester s original annotated script

- 8 lobby cards

- poster

- 60-page book with rarely seen photographs and production notes from the movie

Yes, all these extras are nice, but it's not worth the price, and I'm a huge Beatles nut who buys everything they make. At this moment, I'm going to buy the regular edition which has been restored with great picture and a 5.1 soundtrack. Plus, the second disk has great extras (could be better if they had Paul or Ringo commenting) that will suffice. Especially for the price.

Drop the price on this Deluxe Edition, guys. If you do that, people will buy.
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 2:00 PM PDT

Beatles: From Liverpool to San Francisco
Beatles: From Liverpool to San Francisco
DVD ~ Beatles
13 used & new from $5.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as everyone raves here., April 24, 2007
Having purchased nearly everything Beatle related out there, I can tell you that this is a good DVD, but not great. Let me put it to you this way, if you have the Anthology DVD set, think of this as the bonus features for it. Many of the same interviews are duplicated in this DVD from the Anthology but most are extended so you get to see more of the interview that the Anthology cut away from.

If you're a Beatles nut, this is excellent. If you're a casual Beatles fan, this is not for you, the Anthology is. As for the interviews on this DVD, be aware there aren't that many. It's not like the an hour of back-to-back interview/news footage. In fact, most of the DVD is just file footage as a narrator talks to take up some time and space.

I give this DVD 4 stars. It's more like 3 1/2. If you're a Beatles enthusiast, I would try to rent it first because I don't really believe you'll want to watch this over and over again.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars In 733 B.C, a man just miles outside of what is now known as Rochester, New York..., August 4, 2006
... dared to go where no man had gone before. In Iceland, they called him Hoppipolla Glosoli, which roughly translates to, "Man Who Stands Erect and Dares Forward." Old Sanskrit fables depict the man in question as a mighty warrior with a sensitive spot for whole grain diets and monogomy.

But to us, the laymen, he is simply the man who first tried the product known as milk. Sure, we can argue about 2% versus whole milk. Tuscan versus Borden's. But what would Hoppipolla Glosoli say? Here is a man who pointed at a cow and said, "See that four-legged creature there? I'm going to go underneath it and suck on one of those long things hanging down until something comes out." Like many endeavors, time and patience was key and in truth, a necessity. After nine cows, Hoppipolla Glosoli came across a discovery that would change the face of mankind forever. He was experimenting with the wrong gender.

After that pivotal moment, the fulcrum smiled at man and in some cultures, winked. Because at that very moment, man had discovered the nutritious beverage now known to us as milk. Now you may be wondering, why 3 stars? Well, if I was rating the effort employed to discover this product, I would without a doubt give it 5 stars. However, we're talking about Tuscan milk. A company that probably has no relation to anything Tuscan and did not endure the hardships that Hoppipolla Glosoli went through. I cannot reward someone for riding on the coattails of another entity and claiming success. The truth is that the 5 stars goes to Hoppipolla Glosoli. And by a mere sense of fairness do I give this travesty known as "Tuscan 2% Milk," 3 stars. Average at best. For an average effort.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9