Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Profile for patticake > Reviews

Browse

patticake's Profile

Customer Reviews: 172

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

patticake "basschick" RSS Feed (los angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Novartis Capstar Flea Tablets for Dogs and Cats, 6 Count, 2-25 lbs, Blue
Novartis Capstar Flea Tablets for Dogs and Cats, 6 Count, 2-25 lbs, Blue
Price: $24.99
39 used & new from $24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, not one flea on our cat!, August 12, 2016
Our cat is elderly, and as such finding the right flea treatment is a bit scary. He needs something we can use along side his other medications and his subcutaneous fluids, which are delivered by syringe via a needle in the back of his neck. And he's developed a flea allergy which leads to horrible violent spasms of his back leg, so we needed to do something that worked - fast. We hadn't had any luck so far, and although we tried our vet's favorite, Revolution, it didn't seem to have any effect yet - they said it can take a couple days - so we tried a Capstar tablet.

And our cat just enjoyed his first restful sleep in two and a half weeks.

I've been combing EVERY flea off of him several times a day - we can't figure out where they're coming from as he's an indoor cat, we have no carpet and vacuum madly - but we'll be treating the floor with an IGR. And just now, there were no fleas on him at all.

I don't think this is a long-term solution, but when looking for a shorter term solution that really works to get rid of fleas on our kitty, Capstar saved the day.

Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 40 pound bag
Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 40 pound bag
Price: $15.19
61 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great litter if you're avoiding dust and scents, July 22, 2016
After several different litters with baking soda for odor control destroyed our hardwood floor, we tried a variety of litters that the cat didn't care for, and then we discovered Ultra Precious Cat. It's not dusty, so there are no clouds of dust when pouring the litter or when the cat is burying something. Some of the litters have dust that's unhealthy to breathe, so we're happy not to deal with it; it's also unscented, which we really appreciate, and so will anyone with asthma. It clumps very firmly, which we prefer, although it means the litter can stick firmly to the sides of the box sometimes, but it's worth it. And unlike some litters, it doesn't hurt our cat's feet.

This litter doesn't have odor control, which is fine - just clean the box thoroughly once a day, clean out all the litter maybe once a month, and life is good.

All in all, a solid 4.5 star cat litter, and one that's not only our favorite but our cat's, as well.

JVC Over-the-Ear Comfortable Stereo Headphones with Extra Long 11 feet Cord, 40mm driver & Adjustable Cushioned Headband for Sony CMTBX20i, CMT-FX300i, CMT-LX20i, CMTMX500i, CMTMX700Ni, LBT-LCD77Di, LBTZUX9, LBT-ZX66i, LBT-ZX99i, MHC-EC69i, MHCEC709iP, MHCEC909iP, WHG-SLK1i Hi-Fi Music Shelf Stereo System
Offered by HOUSEWARES
Price: $30.95
2 used & new from $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones at a good value :), July 17, 2016
My husband wanted light weight, over-ear headphones. The ones he had were uncomfortable and didn't sound too good. He LOVES these - the feel, fit and sound. He listens to audiobooks and music with them. I'm sure they're not audiophile quality, but they're very good, and a huge upgrade from the last headphones.

Sunlite Bicycle Gel Seat Cover, Western, 15.5" x 12"
Sunlite Bicycle Gel Seat Cover, Western, 15.5" x 12"
Offered by Outdoor Techs
Price: $27.95
17 used & new from $27.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for some but not so good for me., July 17, 2016
After reading reviews for every gel seat cover, I chose this one based on a combination of price, overall user satisfaction and the fact that I don't ride for long. Unfortunately I found that, if anything, I am just slightly less comfortable using the cover than not using it. Obviously other people have better experiences with it, but for me it pushed into my legs and sit bones more than the existing seat on my Fitdesk.

FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
Price: $225.30
18 used & new from $166.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for exercise, excellent support, June 27, 2016
There are a few things that stood out for me about the Fitdesk v2.0. First is the size of the cranks, 135mm, which is 35 to 40mm shorter than the cranks on most exercise bikes. Since I have short legs, the shorter (but not short) cranks were what first drew me to try the Fitdesk. I like the idea of being able to work while pedaling, but the second thing that stood out for me is Fitdesk's customer support. I emailed them tons of questions before buying; they answered every one quickly, politely and knowledgeably. They also read the questions on this listing, as I asked one and when no users responded, Fitdesk support did. I also like the configurableness (if that's even a word). If you want, you can get an adapter and use any bicycle seat on the Fitdesk; you can also get extenders to widen the desk section.

So I bought the Fitdesk, and pedaling is smooth and very quiet - quieter, actually, than my husband's Schwinn 170, which is a nice bike. It took my husband about 35 minutes to build my Fitdesk v2.0 (thanks, honey!), and when some missing parts were discovered, Fitdesk sent them to me and I had them in my hands in 4 days.

So why isn't this a 5 star review? First, this claim from the Fitdesk website - "Adjustable Lean. For a further "back lean" ride or a "forward lean" ride." Um, no. My Fitdesk's seat's furthest back lean is pretty much upright with just a hint of back lean; the other adjustments let you sit so your back is actually forward, which doesn't seem very useful to me. I would LOVE it if the seat had a couple adjustments allowing me to lean back further, and in fact that was one of the reasons I decided on the bike. Too bad it's not an accurate claim. I'd be one happy camper if I could adjust the seat back from upright to leaning back to leaning way back. Also the actual seat could be more comfortable, but everyone is different when it comes to seats. For now, it's more comfortable for me than most seats but after 30 minutes or so it gets just a little uncomfortable.

As a side note, my husband is a manufacturing engineer and CNC programmer, and he's considering whether he can make me a seat back holder that gives me the angles I want/need with the machines we have access to. In the meantime, the furthest back angle is good if you want to type.

Overall I like the Fitdesk quite a bit. The smooth, quiet action is very nice, the vulnerable parts of the body came wrapped so there's not a chip or scratch anywhere and Fitdesk support is really great. The desk itself is nicer in person than in pictures, and the rubber surface is just grippy enough; the desk fits my husband's 17" laptop well and my tablet very well. The computer's scan has a nice speed and seems very consistent. If only the seat back could be adjusted so it could either be used as it is now or lean back further, this would be a 5 star bike for me. As it is, the Fitdesk v2.0 is a very nice exercise bike and I'm really enjoying it.

CDN TM30 Direct Entry 2-Alarm Timer-Alarm Sounds or Vibrates
CDN TM30 Direct Entry 2-Alarm Timer-Alarm Sounds or Vibrates
Price: $15.99
11 used & new from $14.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, easy to use kitchen timer, June 19, 2016
We recently bought the CDN TM30 Direct Entry 2-Alarm timer based on price, features and what the reviews had to say. So far, this timer is exactly what we needed. The direct numbers make it very easy to key in the amount of time you need, the beep is quite audible, the timing is spot-on. I'd honestly give this timer 4.5 stars had it been possible as the stand isn't great and the magnet isn't quite strong enough to hang onto our fridge. Otherwise a perfect timer for us, and a good value, too.

Btw, we had previously had another brand of timer with direct numbers, but we hated it *lol* and the darn thing wouldn't die. The buttons were hard to push, it was hard to hear and sometimes when you stopped it, it would turn back on and run the time all over again. So it's no wonder we're happy about this timer. So far, good good :)

Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Price: $339.99
13 used & new from $339.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, smooth and comfortable recumbent bike, May 28, 2016
I'm a 5' 3" 58 year old woman, and wanted an option to exercise indoors, and I have a fair amount of experience with exercise equipment, both at home and the gym. My husband recently got a Schwinn 170 upright exercise bike, which is the upright equivalent of the 270, and while I find it uncomfortable to ride an upright, otherwise I liked the features, smoothness and quietness of the 170, so when I started looking for a recumbent, I made a point of trying the Schwinn models when I found them in stores. I really liked the seat sliding mechanism for the 230 and 270, as it's so very adjustable, and it's also great for shorter people - I have a 28" inseam, and there was still room to adjust closer, which would make this an excellent choice for people under 5' 3". My husband is 6' 7" with a 34" inseam, and it was comfortable for him, too.

When using my 230, it's smooth and virtually silent. The screen is easy to read as long as there's some light in the room, and the settings were easy for me since I had already set up my husband's 170. I'm happy to report that it's easy to turn off all the beeps and sounds if you wish (check page 34 of the online manual found at Nautilus).

The pedals on my 230 are small, but not too small for me to use. They might be too small for someone wearing large shoes or with larger feet. You can get an adapter for a 1/2" pedal and then use just about any regular pedal you wish.

The seat is, as many have pointed out, molded plastic. It's comfortable for some and not for others. If it's uncomfortable for you and you don't want to use a cushion, you can buy the seat for the 270 for around $40, which is similar to this seat but padded, at many places that sell exercise bike parts. While the seat is actually not uncomfortable for me for shorter rides, I'll probably upgrade to the 270 seat at some point.

My husband found the supplied tools were a bit soft, so if you have your own tools, it would be better to use them. As others here have said, build was easy, the manual was unusually helpful. All the factory-installed screws were loose, and there was some jiggling and creaking till they were tightened, so if you try the bikes in a store and find them jiggly to ride, as I did, it is something you can fix at home easily enough.

Unlike my husband's 170, the heart rate monitor on my 230 gives incorrect results. It claimed that both my husband and I had heart rates of about 160. Mine was actually 115, his was under 100. I tried to call support, but they're not in on weekends. I will call on Monday and see what happens, but honestly I have a Polar H7 and watch, so while I'd prefer to use the bike's HRM, it's not really a problem.

Pros
Smooth, silent operation
Seat distance from pedals is highly adjustable and good for people 5' 3" and under
Quick start menu
User profiles that store your workout history
Arm rests are in a comfortable position
Lots of good info on the two screens

Cons:
Inaccurate heart rate monitor (true of mine but not of all of them)
Screen doesn't have a backlight
Calorie count is low, but that doesn't worry me
Cheap supplied tools are soft metal
Factory installed screws loose (easy to tighten yourself)

So far, I'm loving this bike. I like the smooth, quiet operation, the ease with which you can adjust the seat closer or further from the pedals and the fan, which you can adjust upward or down. I like the info that scans on the screen while riding and for me, the ergonomics are very good - the best I've tried, actually. We'll see how Schwinn/Nautilus responds about the heart rate monitor, but not a real problem for me. While I did like a couple features that the 270 has that the 230 doesn't, I found that for me, the Schwinn 230 is an excellent compromise between value, quality and features. Very happy with my bike so far, and I'll update this review after I've put some miles on it.

Imitation Sheepskin Padded Bicycle Seat Cover
Imitation Sheepskin Padded Bicycle Seat Cover
Offered by CATCHaBUY
Price: $9.95
17 used & new from $5.66

2.0 out of 5 stars I must have a harder butt..., May 12, 2016
I must have a harder butt than the 5 star reviewers here. I got this through my husband's Amazon account, and my sitting bones went right through it to the hard seat below. I was surprised, as it's pretty tall, so I figured it would give some relief, but other than making the seat too warm, it didn't make any difference for me.

I'm not saying this cover doesn't work; it obviously works for many. What I'm saying is that it didn't work for me.

Saucy Lips Zesty Cilantro Healthy Gourmet Marinade and Cooking Sauce, 12.75 Oz
Saucy Lips Zesty Cilantro Healthy Gourmet Marinade and Cooking Sauce, 12.75 Oz
Offered by Gourmet Lips
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Yummy, April 25, 2016
Saucy Lips Zesty Cilantro Gourmet Sauce is amazing! I tried it at Disneyland's food and wine event, and it's sour and tangy and has lots of flavor while being low calorie, pretty low in sodium, and has no gluten or sugar. The flavor is strong, so you can dilute it, mix with other ingredients to combine tastes, use it as a marinade on meats or tofu or toss pasta in it with a little parmesan cheese. It doesn't get much better than this.

Stamina Hyper Bench, Red
Stamina Hyper Bench, Red
Price: $89.99
29 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and Useful Hyper Bench, Great Value, April 24, 2016
This review is from: Stamina Hyper Bench, Red (Sports)
I needed something to work lower back at home, and have limited space. After reading lots of reviews, considering factors of space, budget and how users seemed to like various benches, I decided that The Stamina Hyper Bench was the way to go. It's been a week since my husband built the bench for me (thanks, honey!), which took under an hour, so let me give you my impressions.

First off, I'm 5' 3", so keep that in mind as you read. I found the bench is sturdy. It doesn't make creak, flex or make any noise when I use it, and all the feet stay firmly on the ground - no feeling whether doing back or abs that the bench might tip over. There was no damage to the paint, foam or upholstery, unlike a lot of other fitness equipment we've bought in the past. It's just a hint wobbly when not in use and rocking with your hand, but that could be our floors. Once you're on it and using it, the wobble is gone. And it had no plasticy, rubbery or chemical smell, which I appreciated. As far as value goes, it's much sturdier and easier to adjust than others I've seen at similar low price ranges.

One downside, and this only applies to people under 5' 5", is that with everything set as low as it will go, I'm a little short for the bench. It doesn't hit me at the hips but above, which isn't ideal but can be worked with. A minor downside is that doing ab crunches doesn't give much of a workout unless you're okay bending your back further back than flat, but I knew that would be the case in advance by watching the video.

BTW, this isn't showing as a verified purchase as I bought it from sports store that sent me a discount coupon.

To sum up, bench is sturdy and good quality. It arrived with no damage of any sort, has no smells, and was easy to assemble. Not ideal for those my height (5' 3"), and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone shorter, but it's a nice, useful bench and folds up nice and small to be put under a bed or in a closet. Overall for me this was a good purchase, an excellent value and good addition to my small home gym.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18