Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM
Profile for Jaroslaw Kaczynski > Reviews

Browse

Jaroslaw Kaczynski's Profile

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jaroslaw Kaczynski "jerry_drake" RSS Feed (Henderson, NV United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Streets Of London
Streets Of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories..., August 23, 2013
This review is from: Streets Of London (MP3 Music)
I remember listening to this song on the radio when I was much younger and loving it - just didn't know who was the artist at that time (there was no internet to check songs). I have run into it accidentally on Amazon, bought the track and fell in love with it again.
You will love 'Streets of London' too if you enjoy classic folk music and ballads.

TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router, Gigabit, 2.4GHz 300Mbps+5Ghz 300Mbps, 2 USB port, Wireless On/Off Switch
7 used & new from $155.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good two-band router with extras, August 23, 2013
Wireless radio in my old Belkin router started acting up, so it was the time to look for the replacement. I needed something better than the old router (faster, dual band, with USB ports) and this TP-LINK had reasonable price and good reviews.
Package arrived on time and in good condition. You can use this router in default configuration, but ID, password and security settings work better if you adjust them to your specific needs. Setup software comes on mini-CD, which is a problem if your drive has no tray. I could download setup software from the manufacturer's website, but since it is my 4th router I just used web interface (available under tplinklogin.net address) and setup was a breeze. Beginners should probably rely on the setup program... Please remember to download and update firmware - the latest version adds new features like guest network support.
Both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz networks popped up in my home very quickly and were very stable. I have used WiFi monitor app on my Android phone to check quality of the channels in my neighborhood and manually switched the 2.4 GHz network to the less-crowded channel; there was no congestion in the 5 GHz band so I have left automatic channel selection setting.
I have also plugged in spare USB drive (64GB Patriot, FAT32-formatted) and could immediately connect to brand new wireless file server. The manual says how to access file server on desktop PCs, but I could even access it from Android using one of many 'file manager' apps.
After two days the router behaves very good. I have set it up in the study area, so the only possible downside does not affect me - multiple control lights are very bright and blink like little disco. If you plan to have this router in your bedroom, consider placing strip of paper tape over those lights.
So far it is a keeper. Will return in a couple of months with status update...

Lasko #4930 35" Remote Control Oscillating High Velocity Fan, Gray
Lasko #4930 35" Remote Control Oscillating High Velocity Fan, Gray
Price: $77.96
107 used & new from $64.51

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing blows heat away!, August 20, 2013
I have ordered this machine before heat wave was forecast in my area and it definitely delivered. I set it up as the second fan in my bedroom, so there was no need to use anything but 1st speed to see the effects - higher speeds will make small items fly in your room...
The fan is not silent by any means, especially on 2nd and 3rd speed. The hum on the 1st speed is not bothering me - it actually helps me fall asleep; of course your personal differences may vary.
Remote worked OK from all areas of the room. Blue light of the power button is quite strong, but I do love blue lights; if it irritates you, small piece of tape should solve the problem.
Highly recommended - higher speeds should be helpful in large rooms.

TP-Link N150 Wireless Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered (TL-WR702N)
Offered by Network Giant
Price: $19.99
101 used & new from $14.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Big power in very small package, August 20, 2013
Did it ever happen to you that hotel network asked you to pay outrageous daily fee for every single device trying to connect? Or wireless signal was so weak that you had to balance your laptop while standing on your tiptoes in the corner between bathroom door and room door to get connection? This little device should help in those situations, and even more.
The price of this device at Amazon was so good that I even went for local express delivery - ordered after 9am, received around 3pm - bravo, Amazon!
Connected this travel router to my laptop, downloaded newer version of firmware and installed it, then configured router to my preferred ID and password (it has defaults that will work out of the box, but it is never fully secure to use them). Connected this router via Ethernet cable to the LAN port of my existing router and second wireless network popped up and worked like a charm in my house. Left it running for two days and there were no incidents. The first field test will happen in a couple of weeks when I go to San Diego for my vacation.
I plan to use this device mainly in default access Point Mode. My home is too small to need Repeater functionality and I have no devices to test Client Mode. I may use it in the Router Mode in case of emergency or in Bridge Mode if I need two networks.
Note for the beginners: as with any router, you should be very careful and rely on manual, step by step procedures. Some versions of the documentation tell you that certain things will happen automatically, which is not true in majority of the cases.
Always check manufacturer's website for latest documentation, software and firmware.

GMYLE Black New Design Qi Wireless Charging Pad Charger with 1000mA (1A) output (US Plug) for Qi Standard Nokia Lumia 920/920T/925/928/1020, LG Google Nexus 4/5/7 HD, Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong enough for my Nexus 7 FHD, August 5, 2013
This charging pad gives wireless equivalent of 1 amp wired charger, which means that it works slower than 2.1 amp charger bundled with the Nexus. From my experiments, you have to turn the screen off to ensure proper charging - with the screen on you can barely notice any progress of the charge gauge. Not bad, especially when you consider other Qi chargers that yield only 500 milliamps...
Since the plate is phone-sized, positioning tablet on top of it may be a problem. After another experiment I have established simple rule for Nexus 7 - just the end of the plug inserted to the plate must peek from underneath of the top edge of Nexus 7 to ensure charging.
Colleague at the office dropped his Nexus 4 on the plate and the phone started to charge. Extra bonus - I hear no annoying beeps mentioned in other reviews - did I get newer model?

Google Nexus 7 2013 Case, Fintie [Ultra Slim] Lightweight Smart Cover With Auto Wake / Sleep for Google Nexus 7 2013 (2nd Generation FHD) / Nexus 7 4G LTE Tablet by ASUS - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looks, snug fit, good protection, August 5, 2013
It is third cover of this type I have purchased (previous two were from different vendors and for different devices. This one seems well executed, with stitching around edges and no rubberized finish that usually falls off after a couple of months. Magnets for holding the flap and turning the screen on and off are strong enough to do the job but not too strong to disrupt the operation of compass of the Nexus 7 FHD (one cover of different style made compass of the device run around like crazy).
This cover has openings ("holes") for all features of Nexus FHD - including the NOTIFICATION LIGHT at the bottom bezel. For some reason, Google does not mention this light anywhere in guides and manuals, and many other covers seem to obscure this feature.
There are nice holes in the back for both speakers, which some other covers seem to omit.
The loop for the stylus is a tad too tight, but is should get looser in a couple of days. Wireless charging is not disrupted by this cover.
Highly recommended, especially considering low price.

7" Tablet Sleeve for Apple iPad Mini 2,3,4,5, Dragon Touch, Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite, NPOLE, Alldaymall, NeuTab, Leapfrog, Haehne, Tagital
Offered by MiniSuit
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver!, July 30, 2013
One of very few covers available for the new Google Nexus 7 (a.k.a. Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 7 2.0) at the time of release in the brick and mortar stores (before official release at Google). Ample padding should provide plenty of security - after inserting my tablet in this sleeve for the first time I've got the impression that it would survive the drop on the hard floor without a scratch (but I'm not going to test it...). Insertion and removal is very easy - no squeezing and stretching required.
Half globe foam nubs inside the sleeve hold your tablet gently but firmly. Nexus 7 FHD does not fill the sleeve to the brink, but it is not rattling inside when you close the zipper.
I may buy additional 'book cover' for Nexus 7 when they finally appear, but will definitely keep this one for trips into harsh environment.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice and works like a charm!, July 30, 2013
I said goodbye to rubber-tip styli a year ago and I'm never coming back. Two other brands of conductive mesh tip styli I have bought on Amazon were good, but performed better on some devices, worse on other. This brand works very well on all devices I have tested so far (Apple, Samsung, Asus/Google, Nook HD+). Single taps, double taps, flicks, scrolling are all recognized by the devices without issues.
I keep stylus either in my shirt pocket or attached to the loop on the tablet cover. Exposed tip of traditional stylus is thus prone to additional wear and tear - this 'clickpen' stylus protects its tip while not in use. I expect it to last much longer than other styli and require less cleaning.
Highly recommended!

O2Cool ArctiCloth Cooling Towel - Blue Only
O2Cool ArctiCloth Cooling Towel - Blue Only
Offered by BIC Warehouse
Price: $13.18
9 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but needs frequent re-soaking, July 21, 2013
Works well in hot Nevada summer. The water evaporates from it very fast and it needs re-soaking in water every hour or so. If you use it not only for cooling but also for wiping off your sweat, you will have to wash it quite frequently - it will get smelly otherwise. Just use antibacterial soap to hand wash and rinse thoroughly - I haven't tried ammonia suggested in the manual (I really hate the ammonia smell).

Sony 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC R40 Memory Card (SR32UYA/TQMN) (OLD MODEL)
Sony 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC R40 Memory Card (SR32UYA/TQMN) (OLD MODEL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, solid, high capacity., July 21, 2013
I bought this card for my Nook HD+ tablet. Checked it first on my laptop and it had no errors and worked fast (met the specification in quick tests). Tablets can be quite finicky with memory cards, but Nook liked it and it works without a problem so far.
Special note - do not even consider buying 'Nook approved' cards from BN - their prices are outrageous...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5