Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Mook > Reviews

Browse

Mook's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mook RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
UP 24 BY Jawbone Activity Tracker - Medium - Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
UP 24 BY Jawbone Activity Tracker - Medium - Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by What a deal!
Price: $49.99
31 used & new from $14.70

4.0 out of 5 stars and I am overall very happy with the band, May 19, 2015
It works exactly as I thought it would, and I am overall very happy with the band. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's bulkier than I imagined it would be. It catches on EVERYTHING, and I actually had a bit of difficulty getting used to sleeping with it. But as far as functionality goes - it's great!

Black & Decker RTX-6 2-Amp 3-Speed Rotary Tool with 27 Accessories and 2 Spring Clamps
Price: $37.99
14 used & new from $37.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, great service, July 9, 2012
I bought this for my husband for Father's Day - he LOVES it. He's been playing with it ever since. It's only flaw was a mis-sized screw on one of the accessories. It wouldn't hold the piece, therefore making that accessory unusable. My husband contacted Amazon, and they had him purchase an accessory kit for the dremel - for FREE. An overall great purchase!!

Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat, Pink
Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat, Pink
Offered by DropAir
Price: $30.51
23 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good booster, July 9, 2012
It does the job and is easily transportable. I wish the tray were a little easier to get on and off, but overall - it's a great purchase.

Surviving The Perfect Storm: How To Create A Financial Plan That will Withstand Any Crisis
by Michael Canet
Price: $14.99
47 used & new from $0.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 9, 2012
The book is easy to understand and informative. My husband and I are happy to have it as a resource, not just for ourselves, but for our parents as well. I highly recommend it!

Sylvania SDVD7027 7-Inch Portable DVD Player with Car Bag/Kit, Swivel Screen, USB/SD Card Reader (Purple)
5 used & new from $136.72

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!, September 10, 2011
Great picture and sound, love the swivel feature - it's keeping my daughter very happy in the car! The remote actually works from the front seat, too! Extremely happy with it.

Tadpoles 36 Sq Ft ABC Floor Mat, Pink/Brown
Tadpoles 36 Sq Ft ABC Floor Mat, Pink/Brown
Price: $33.80
11 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Puzzle Mats, September 10, 2011
I bought these as "crash mats" for my newly crawling/pulling up/cruising daughter. I chose Tadpoles because of the "non-toxic" nature of the mats, and they (I was a little surprised, to be honest) didn't smell a bit when I took them out of the packaging. They are not the thickest mats, but are certainly enough to keep my daughters noggin safe - she doesn't fall too far. For the price, they are a wonderful cover for my hard wood floors.

I was surprised to see how many people were complaining about the mats "coming apart" in their reviews... These are PUZZLE mats. They are SUPPOSED to come apart. My little one loves tearing pieces apart and watching me put them back together so she can take them apart again. If you don't want mats that come apart, you have a few choices... 1) DON'T get puzzle mats, get padded floor mats. They are quite a bit more expensive (not worth it for me), but you wouldn't have to worry about them being pulled apart, and some of them come in awesome playable patterns. 2) Tape/glue the underside of the mats together. Might schmeg up your floors, but they won't come apart as easily, or 3) buy martial arts grade puzzle mats. They are 3 feet square, and run $50-100 per mat, depending on the company, thickness, foam quality, etc. I speak from experience that they are great crash mats and do NOT come apart. However, I can't speak to the lack of toxicity for babies, so be sure to research. Not sure I'd want my daughter licking the karate school floor, even after it was cleaned.... :)

So, all in all, expect these to come apart, and make it into playtime with your kiddo. They ARE supposed to be learning tools, after all... Happy playing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2012 6:38 PM PDT

TFY Mount-DVD-7 Car Headrest Mount for Swivel and Flip Style 7-Inch Portable DVD Player
Offered by MyTradeWorld
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $14.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, September 10, 2011
To be honest, I've gone through more than a few headrest mounts in my kid's lives, and I was prepared for my norm - spend 20 bucks or so, get a mount I would have to jury-rig anyway, and use it 'till it broke (ie, about 6-8 months). When I opened the package, I was surprised at how LITTLE there seemed to be to the mount, and resigned myself to less than 6 months. Until I put the sucker to use. It's beauty is in it's brevity. SO simple to install, the DVD player slides right in, and it's actually TIGHT on my headrest! I thought I was going to do a little dance. The ONLY reason that I didn't give it 4 stars is that I could not find a way to attach it to a built in headrest - the ones without the adjustable goal-posts. But it will be a short-lived issue for us, since those are the back seat head rests, and I'm currently using this one facing the baby, in her rear-facing seat, to play Baby Einstein DVD's on long road trips (it helps a lot with my headache, which is usually brought on by her letting us in on her frustrations about being strapped down... at the top of her little lungs). However, I was able to attach it to the LATCH hook behind the headrest in a pretty serviceable fashion, so long as neither my husband nor I try to drive like Mario Andretti, which we both tend to avoid doing with the kids in the car. All in all, not only would I recommend it, I will be buying another one!

Sennheiser HD515 Dynamic Stereo Sound Audiophile 500 Series Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars All Around Good Headphones, August 22, 2011
Pros
- Sturdy construction
- Great quality sound
- Fairly long cord
- Strong enough tension to not slip around while moving my head
- Comfortable fabric to allow my ears to breathe

Cons
- Not noise canceling (although I don't think they are meant to be)

ERGObaby Original Baby Carrier, Galaxy Grey
ERGObaby Original Baby Carrier, Galaxy Grey
Offered by Healthcheck Systems Inc
Price: $105.00
7 used & new from $105.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best carrier I've ever owned, August 5, 2011
We are on kiddo #2, and the Ergo is the 5th carrier we've used. We've had 2 different kinds of slings - my husband enjoyed them more than I did... I think maybe my shape is not conducive to them being comfortable for me. We had a Baby Bjorn - good for a little while, but ours had no back support, so after 15 minutes or so, my back would start to ache. Then we got a Snugli from a friend, one with a back support. It was leaps and bounds better than the Baby Bjorn for my back, but I wasn't impressed with the head support. THEN, a friend suggested an Ergo. They are pricey - it took me a month to pull the trigger, since I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $120+ for yet another carrier. But the first day it came, I knew it was worth every penny. It has an inner lining of super soft cotton - even the outer material is softer than the other carriers. She is right against me, nothing between us like with the Snugli. The hood does a fabulous job of supporting her little head, and it keeps her shaded when we're outside. She sits in it more comfortably, since the Ergo emulates (and can be used for) a hip carry position as opposed to the baby being supported from the crotch and having her legs hang down. There is an extra strap that helps keep the shoulders from falling off that's adjustable for height. I also find that it ends itself to yet another point of support. The lower section is the best part for support. It allows your HIPS to hold the weight of the baby, which is awesome. I have carried my baby - both front and back, now that she's almost 8 months old - for as much as 2.5 hours in this carrier with no problems at all. Especially since she dozes off most of the time - my husband calles it "The Sleep Inducer". And, for my fellow Moms: my husband loves it, too!

Graco Contempo Highchair, Rittenhouse (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Graco Contempo Highchair, Rittenhouse (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chair!, August 5, 2011
We bought this high chair because the one we had from our son was pinching our daughter. We live in a small townhouse, so space is limited, and I wanted a chair that was easy to tuck away. This one ROCKS. It's very slim when folded, and easy to collapse and re-open. The pattern is pretty, and my daughter seems quite comfy in it. It's a dream to wipe clean. The ONLY reason that I didn't give this 5 stars is because the tray does not always catch the grooves and click in right away. But I would not use that as a discouragement - this high chair is great.

Page: 1 | 2