Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Theresa > Reviews

Browse

Theresa's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Theresa "Theresa" RSS Feed (Marblehead MA)

Page: 1 | 2
Acoustic Dreamland
Acoustic Dreamland
Price: $11.98
36 used & new from $1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic for All of Us, January 13, 2012
This review is from: Acoustic Dreamland (Audio CD)
I have listened to and purchased multiple relaxation CDs over the years but none compare to this one; it is absolutely beautiful and relaxing - magical. Once my daughters have drifted off, I find myself taking the CD into my room as part of my wind down for the day. One of these days, I'm going to spend a few minutes on Amazon looking for other music by the artists on this disc. Bravo Putamayo!

Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!
by Kris Carr
Price: $12.81
219 used & new from $5.49

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Living Proof that this Diet isn't for Everyone, January 9, 2012
I'd like to start by saying that I find Kris Carr to be inspiring, empowering and amazing. She has helped me in many ways on my journey with "incurable" cancer. That said, I had to give this book a low rating because the dietary information is simply not accurate. I learned the hard way that a vegetarian diet is not optimal or even safe for all of us. Let me explain...

Two years ago, in August of '09, I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, incurable cancer of the bone marrow. I declined conventional medicine and did the Gerson Therapy for two years. It involves 12 vegetable juices a day, coffee enemas and a fruit/vegetable vegan diet; no salt, limited spices, very strict. After two years on the therapy, my disease was stable (it worsened the first few months and then held stable) and I was exhausted. I couldn't figure out why I was so tired. I had encouraged my friends to drink green juice and some of them experienced incredible energy highs; yet, I drank four green juices a day for two years and was exhausted.

Since I didn't feel well and I hadn't improved, I switched to the Gonzalez protocol, another alternative cancer therapy that I read about in Suzanne Somers' Knockout book. Dr. Gonzalez told me to eat red meat 4-5 times per week plus butter, eggs and dairy; all organic, of course. He prescribes a different diet for everyone based on genetics; some patients are on plant based, raw diets and others eat red meat three times a day. I happen to be in the middle of the vegetarian/carnivore spectrum so I eat a variety of plant and animal foods. Once I moved from a plant based diet to a diet that includes a lot of red meat and other animal products, my cancer began melting away. It is amazing and I am thrilled! You can read about it at [...]

Interestingly, I also learned from Dr. Gonzalez that not everyone should strive for alkalinity. Most naturopaths believe that everyone should be alkaline; if that were correct, a diet of raw veggies will be optimal for all. Dr. Gonzalez, however, believes that some of us are born too alkaline and need to eat acidic foods to balance us out. For my diet, he suggests that I eat one salad a day and absolutely NO green juice as it will make me too alkaline and he says that's one of the reasons I got cancer in the first place. On my first day on the new diet, I had eggs for breakfast and steak for dinner and my energy improved dramatically; for the first time in two years, I didn't spend the day yawning.

The point here is that a raw, plant based diet works for some but certainly not for everyone. Anyone with a blood disease such as leukemia, myeloma and lymphoma needs red meat, sometimes in very large quantities. If a plant based diet makes you feel great, then that's what you should consume. But it doesn't work for everyone and it didn't work for me.
Comment Comments (32) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2016 8:06 AM PDT

The Living Foods Lifestyle
The Living Foods Lifestyle
by Brenda Cobb
Price: $18.95
94 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Living Proof that this isn't Accurate, January 9, 2012
Two years ago, in August of '09, I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, incurable cancer of the bone marrow. I passed on conventional medicine and did the Gerson Therapy for two years. It involves 12 vegetable juices a day, coffee enemas and a fruit/vegetable diet. After two years on the therapy, my disease was stable (it worsened the first few months and then held stable) and I was exhausted.

Since I didn't feel well and I hadn't improved, I switched to the Gonzalez protocol and Dr. Gonzalez told me to eat red meat 4-5 times per week plus eggs and dairy; all organic, of course. He prescribes a different diet for everyone based on genetics; some patients are on plant based, raw diets and some eat red meat three times a day. I happen to be in the middle so I eat a variety of plant and animal foods. Once I moved from a plant based diet to a diet that includes a lot of red meat and other animal products, my cancer began melting away. You can read about it at [...] Please feel free to contact me via my blog with questions.

I think Brenda Cobb is a fantastic, vibrant, amazing woman but I don't believe this lifestyle will work for everyone.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2013 7:21 PM PDT

Living Proof: A Medical Mutiny
Living Proof: A Medical Mutiny
by Michael Gearin-Tosh
34 used & new from $0.98

2.0 out of 5 stars There's Something Better, January 9, 2012
Like the author, I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, incurable cancer of the bone marrow. I passed on conventional medicine and did the Gerson Therapy for two years. It involves 12 vegetable juices a day, coffee enemas and a fruit/vegetable diet. After two years on the therapy, my disease was stable (it worsened the first few months and then held stable) and I was exhausted.

Since I didn't feel well and I hadn't improved, I switched to the Gonzalez protocol (the author contacted Gonzalez but didn't go see him) and Dr. Gonzalez told me to eat red meat 4-5 times per week plus eggs and dairy; all organic, of course. He prescribes a different diet for everyone based on genetics; some patients are on plant based, raw diets and some eat red meat three times a day. I happen to be in the middle so I eat a variety of plant and animal foods. Once I moved from a plant based diet to a diet that includes a lot of red meat and other animal products, my cancer began melting away. You can read about it at [...]. Please feel free to contact me via my blog with questions.

The point here is that a plant based diet works for some but certainly not for everyone. Red meat does not feed cancer. Cancer is like cockroaches; it'll thrive on anything you feed it. There are studies that show that sugar, fruit, meat and even Vitamin C feed cancer. It's a matter of what you choose to believe. Anyone with a blood disease such as leukemia, myeloma and lymphoma needs red meat, sometimes in very large quantities. If a plant based diet makes you feel great, then that's what you should consume. But it doesn't work for everyone and it didn't work for me. Actually, it didn't even work all that well for the author. It's true that he outlived the expectations of the conventional doctors by several years. He eventually died of an unrelated cause but he wasn't a well man when he passed. Knowing what I know now, I think he could have lived a lot longer on the Gonzalez protocol. So sad.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 3:28 AM PDT

Diet for a New America
Diet for a New America
by John Robbins
180 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Living Proof that this isn't Accurate, January 9, 2012
This review is from: Diet for a New America (Paperback)

Since I didn't feel well and I hadn't improved, I switched to the Gonzalez protocol and Dr. Gonzalez told me to eat red meat 4-5 times per week plus butter, eggs and dairy; all organic, of course. He prescribes a different diet for everyone based on genetics; some patients are on plant based, raw diets and some eat red meat three times a day. I happen to be in the middle so I eat a variety of plant and animal foods. Once I moved from a plant based diet to a diet that includes a lot of red meat and other animal products, my cancer began melting away. You can read about it at [...]. Please feel free to contact me via my blog with questions.

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 7:35 AM PST

The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health
by Thomas M. Campbell II
Price: $9.57
835 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Living Proof that this isn't Accurate, January 9, 2012

Since I didn't feel well and I hadn't improved, I switched to the Gonzalez protocol and Dr. Gonzalez told me to eat red meat 4-5 times per week plus butter, eggs and dairy; all organic, of course. He prescribes a different diet for everyone based on genetics; some patients are on plant based, raw diets and some eat red meat three times a day. I happen to be in the middle of the vegetarian/carnivore spectrum so I eat a variety of plant and animal foods. Once I moved from a plant based diet to a diet that includes a lot of red meat and other animal products, my cancer began melting away. You can read about it at [...]. Please feel free to contact me via my blog with questions.

The point here is that a plant based diet works for some but certainly not for everyone. Red meat does not feed cancer. Cancer is like cockroaches; it'll thrive on anything you feed it. There are studies that show that sugar, fruit, meat and even Vitamin C feed cancer. It's a matter of what you choose to believe. Anyone with a blood disease such as leukemia, myeloma and lymphoma needs red meat, sometimes in very large quantities. If a plant based diet makes you feel great, then that's what you should consume. But it doesn't work for everyone and it didn't work for me. I wish that one diet was right for everyone because it would make my life much easier; I would know exactly how to feed my daughters to optimize their health.

The data from Dr. Campbell's China study was first published in the book "Diet, Lifestyle and Mortality in China". In many cases, there is no significant correlation between animal protein and cancer. There is, however, an apparent correlation between sugar and cancer.

I admire and respect Dr. Campbell for his well intentioned efforts to educate his readers about good health and the corruption of the conventional medical system. Sadly, though, I'm afraid a book like this could do a lot of harm. Campbell is not a practicing physician and has no real world experience to support his beliefs.

I know this is a sensitive topic. I thought a fruit/vegetable diet was going to save my life! The most important thing that each of us can do it tune into our bodies. The diet that allows us to function at the highest levels of energy and fitness it what is best. It's different for everyone. Trust the body that God gave you to tell you the truth.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2012 11:52 PM PDT

Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives
DVD ~ T. Colin Campbell
Price: $13.01
68 used & new from $7.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Living Proof that this isn't Accurate, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
I should start by saying that I love this type of film. I love the idea that they are promoting using food as medicine and eliminating processed foods. Hurray! Anyone who moves from a diet of processed foods to a diet of whole plant foods is going to see some positive results. However, I had to give this film a low rating because the idea that a plant based diet is optimal for everyone is simply not accurate. As always, I learned this the hard way. Let me explain....

Since I didn't feel well and I hadn't improved, I switched to the Gonzalez protocol, another alternative cancer therapy that I read about in Suzanne Somers' Knockout book. Dr. Gonzalez told me to eat red meat 4-5 times per week plus butter, eggs and dairy; all organic, all whole foods, of course. He prescribes a different diet for everyone based on genetics; some patients are on plant based, raw diets and others eat red meat three times a day. I happen to be in the middle of the vegetarian/carnivore spectrum so I eat a variety of plant and animal foods. Once I moved from a plant based diet to a diet that includes a lot of red meat and other animal products, my cancer began melting away and my energy returned. It is amazing and I am thrilled! You can read about it at [...]

Given that Dr. Gonzalez is the only doctor I know who is successfully (he has a 70-80% success rate with his "incurable" cancer patients) reversing all types of late stage cancers without the use of conventional treatment, I'm inclined to believe he is right. Unfortunately, I don't believe any of the experts associated with this film are accomplishing anything comparable to Dr. Gonzalez.

Sure, there is the woman whose breast cancer was reversed by a plant based diet. That makes sense because, according to Dr. Gonzalez, people with solid tumors of the breast, lungs, stomach, pancreas, colon, liver, prostate, uterus and ovaries need a vegetarian based diet. It makes sense that the plant based diet worked for her. However, for the 30-40% of us who need red meat, that diet could have been a disaster.

The point here is that a plant based diet works for some but certainly not for everyone. Anyone with a blood disease such as leukemia, myeloma and lymphoma needs red meat, sometimes in very large quantities. If a plant based diet makes you feel great, then that's what you should consume. But it doesn't work for everyone and it didn't work for me.

We all need to tune into our bodies and be honest with ourselves about how certain foods make us feel. Listen to your body, not the academic "experts", to tell you the truth.
Comment Comments (95) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2015 8:08 PM PDT

Foodmatters
Foodmatters
DVD ~ Andrew W. Saul
Price: $13.48
58 used & new from $5.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Information but Could be Better, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Foodmatters (DVD)
Lots of good information in this movie but, sadly, the best alternative therapy isn't represented. Instead, there is more of an emphasis on people who support eating vegetarian and eating raw. I learned the hard way that those diets aren't optimal for everyone (ie. me). I did the Gerson Therapy for two years and my disease didn't regress - it held stable and I was tired all day long. I then switched to the Gonzalez protocol and my disease is melting away. You may learn more about my experience at [...] and please feel free to contact me with questions.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 11:33 AM PST

Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases
Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases
by Charlotte Gerson
54 used & new from $17.95

1.0 out of 5 stars OK but there's a Better Alternative Therapy, January 8, 2012
After being diagnosed with multiple myeloma, incurable cancer of the bone marrow, I declined conventional meds and followed the Gerson Therapy to the letter for two years; my disease worsened the first six months and held stable for the next 18. After two years of perfect compliance, I didn't feel good and my disease hadn't regressed so I started the Gonzalez Therapy which I learned about in Suzanne Somers' book Knockout. I learned the hard way that the Gerson Therapy is the antecedent to the Gonzalez Therapy and that the Gonzalez Therapy is much more effective. Dr. Gerson himself had about a 50% success rate and the doctors at the Gerson clinic in Mexico admit that their success doesn't come close to that of Dr. Gerson. Dr. Gonzlez, however, has a 70-80% success rate with his patients. One of the reasons Dr. Gonzalez is so much more successful is that he has a library of 90 diets and he believes everyone has different needs. Some patients need a plant based diet while others need need to eat red meat three times a day. I happen to fall in the middle and now consume red meat 4-5 times a week. After four months on the Gonzalez Therapy, I have more energy than I've had in years and, more importantly, my cancer is melting away! The other reason that Dr. Gonzalez' program is so much more effective is that his patients take large quantities of pancreatic enzymes which are a naturally targeted cancer killer.

I would encourage anyone considering the Gerson Therapy to also consider The Gonzalez Therapy [...]. I wish I'd known about it when I was first diagnosed.

You can read my blog if you'd like to learn more[...]Please feel free to contact me via my blog with questions. Good luck!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2013 10:18 AM PDT

The Gerson Therapy: The Proven Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses
by Morton Walker
Price: $11.18
207 used & new from $5.52

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but there's a Better Alternative Therapy, January 8, 2012
I followed the Gerson Therapy for two years; my disease worsened the first six months and held stable for the next 18. AFter two years of perfect compliance, I didn't feel good and my disease hadn't regressed so I started the Gonzalez Therapy [...] which I learned about in Suzanne Somers' book Knockout. I learned the hard way that the Gerson Therapy is the antecedent to the Gonzalez Therapy and that the Gonzalez Therapy is much more effective. After four months on the Gonzalez Therapy, I have more energy than I've had in years and my cancer (multiple myeloma) is melting away. You can read my blog if you'd like to learn more [...]. Please feel free to contact me via my blog with questions. Good luck!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 6:52 AM PST