Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Profile for Mom of 2 Boys > Reviews

Browse

Mom of 2 Boys' Profile

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mom of 2 Boys RSS Feed (Las Vegas, NV)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
For Elise
For Elise
by Sarah M. Eden
Price: $15.99
48 used & new from $0.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on it, August 12, 2016
This review is from: For Elise (Paperback)
I'm a big Austen, and Heyer fan, trying to find a replacement, but never successful. I borrowed this from the library, since I didn't want to pay $11 for an ebook to try out a new author. I thought this must be a great book since the price was high, of course I ended up pretty disappointed. Really, this really could have been a great read, but the book was very carelessly organized, and it just felt incomplete. I had to skim through quite a bit of it, because it seemed like the author was constantly repeating herself about how the characters felt over and over again. I'm not sure what the purpose of that was. The mystery added to the book was terrible... The words wasted in the beginning about the characters feelings, could have been used to further develop the villain's character, or even some of the characters that could have been the villain, just to add a little more umph to the mystery. Everything seemed like it was out of place in the story, the color of the hero's hair wasn't even described until the middle of the book, pretty hard to read since I had already pictured him differently. I had no idea why the heroine felt as she felt, as described over and over again until the end of the book when everything was finally explained, so for most of the book her feelings seemed childish and silly. I felt she should have started the book beginning with the past, instead of making that a mystery also.

Otherwise the story moved at a pretty quick pace, probably too quick I would have liked a little more added, but it wasn't hard to sit through.

Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly Series, Book 1) (Volume 1)
Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly Series, Book 1) (Volume 1)
by Janette Oke
Price: $11.03
250 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, July 25, 2016
This was short and very sweet story, however, I have some pet peeves
The poor grammar bugged me the most, which was not only extremely hard to read, it was ridiculous, considering the main characters knew how to read, and even liked reading. If the characters were totally illiterate, I would easily excuse it.
Not only that, but I also had a hard time believing that Marty had no idea who God is, again, given that she is literate, and the bible was the most read book of that time, and also growing up in a country where there are Christians everywhere, and people were persecuted for not attending the local church... I could maybe see not understanding God's character, but this? I couldn't help but to roll my eyes every time I was reading over those parts.

Period Mate Reusable 6 Pcs Set Cloth Menstrual Pads with Bamboo-charcoal Absorbency with Wet Bag (6 Pieces) (Rainbow Hearts)
Offered by DalyGroup
Price: $25.95

3.0 out of 5 stars I do like that I don't have any trash, July 18, 2016
This is the first time I've used a reusable pad. I do like that I don't have any trash, no unknown chemicals, and they do not leak. I do not like that they're bulky, and if I wear them too long I get a rash, even when changing them a few times day, and not wearing one at night, so I think I might have to go with something different.

Ajax Scientific Plastic Tubular Spring Scale, 5000g/50N Weight Capacity, Yellow
Ajax Scientific Plastic Tubular Spring Scale, 5000g/50N Weight Capacity, Yellow
Price: $8.96
2 used & new from $3.09

4.0 out of 5 stars but it's great for little experiments with my kids, July 18, 2016
I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's great for little experiments with my kids, and showing how far a spring stretches is proportional to the weight attached.

Avery Mini Business Card Pages, Clear, 5.5 x 8.5 inches, Pack of 5 (76025)
Avery Mini Business Card Pages, Clear, 5.5 x 8.5 inches, Pack of 5 (76025)
Price: $2.00
26 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible mess, May 16, 2016
Business cards easily fall out of the holders, making both a mess, difficult to reorganize, and very easy to lose. This is a much harder plastic than traditional business card holders, so it just doesn't work right.

Fantasy Life
Fantasy Life
Offered by ConvenienceSpot
Price: $44.99
49 used & new from $29.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Game... but with a catch..., December 28, 2014
This review is from: Fantasy Life (Video Game)
The game itself is a ton of fun.

I'd say my only regret in purchasing this is the downloadable content. I'd love to purchase it, but like most purchased games on Nintendo e-shop, I don't think I'll be able to use it for the lifetime of the game, if my 3ds goes so does the DLC.

And if my children want to play it on their 2ds, we have to purchase the DLC on their 2ds's also...

Great game, but like so many out there with DLC, I refuse to buy into it. I find DLC, that can't be shared among family, and kept for life, morally wrong. Especially when charging more than a couple of dollars for it.

So all in all had I known about the DLC, I probably wouldn't have purchased the game in the first place.

Rune Factory 4 - Nintendo 3DS
Rune Factory 4 - Nintendo 3DS
Price: $38.49
29 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Game, November 15, 2014
Half like an easy version of Zelda, and the other half like harvest moon. Just finished it, all of it, all the requests and battle areas, and I'm a little depressed because I know there isn't going to be another game like it for a long time.

Rory's Story Cubes - Original and Actions
Rory's Story Cubes - Original and Actions
Offered by Winks Living
Price: $13.76
10 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Educational, May 15, 2014
These are SO much fun for the kids, the stories they come up with are very original and creative. I had to show them how to play, and I still play with them often. They get such a kick out of my stories. However, I love it even more when I catch them playing on their own.

eeBoo Playing Cards - Color Go Fish
eeBoo Playing Cards - Color Go Fish
Offered by Made In USA Shop
Price: $8.89
10 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 15, 2014
I love that these cards are teaching my 3 year old new vocabulary words, not too many 3 year olds can tell you what color Chartreuse is! Plus the illustrations are so very well done. Great buy.

Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages
Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages
Price: $7.95
91 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
My home schooled 6 year old loves to play with these. I had to sit down and show him how to use them, and we played together a few times. Now I catch him taking them off the shelf, and playing on his own. The stories they come up with are so imaginative, I love this as a resource.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5