Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Profile for Nathan I Wilson > Reviews

Browse

Nathan I Wilson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 95

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nathan I Wilson RSS Feed (Hawaii)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast reading non-contact thermometer., April 21, 2016
Got this thermometer for 3 purposes:
1. Checking for fever for my 3 year old.
2. Checking aquarium water temperature.
3. Checking water temp for sous vide cooking.

I have found that the thermometer is not quite accurate enough to for me to feel comfortable using it as a diagnostic tool if my daughter gets sick; however, it does work great for the other 2 purposes. It is totally accurate enough for checking water temps when changing out water in our fish tank, which my wife does weekly because she's a crazy person, and it's also fine for checking water temps when I cook sous vide style.
Keep in mind that I am a paramedic and my wife is a physician, so we use thermometers at work every day that no reasonable person would buy for home use and we are extra picky about what we consider acceptable as far as what we use on our daughter. On the plus side, it is very easy to use and provides readings very quickly.
This product was provided to me for free in exchange for my unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Etekcity E-gear Portable Collapsible Outdoor Backpacking Gas Camping Stove Burner (Orange)
6 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little stove., March 29, 2016
Ordered this stove for an upcoming backpacking trip. I like it because the butane fuel cans are cheap and easy to find. Also, the center of gravity is lower than the stoves that fit on top of their fuel cans, making it more stable. I bought a cheap aluminum pot from Wally World that this stove nests in perfectly while in it's carrying pouch. I have seen in other reviews where they create a small homemade windscreen to protect the butane can and the plastic knob from excessive heat and I will probably try that. Overall, I am extremely happy with this little stove.

3-IN-ONE 10038 Multi-Purpose Oil, 8 oz. (Pack of 1)
3-IN-ONE 10038 Multi-Purpose Oil, 8 oz. (Pack of 1)
Price: $4.60
24 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good multi-purpose oil., March 27, 2014
3-in-one oil is very handy to keep around the house. Most people use WD-40 for all of their lubricating needs, but 3-in-one oil is a superior lubricant for the majority of oiling jobs around the house. WD-40 does work as a lubricant, but is actually designed to be a water displacer.
the only thing I really use WD-40 for is spraying a thin coat on lawn and garden tools to prevent rust. For oiling squeaky door hinges, sharpening knives, oiling guns, etc... 3-in-one oil is much better. An 8 ounce bottle will last a normal household several years.

Ware Manufacturing Premium Plus A-Frame Fir Wood Dog House - Large
Ware Manufacturing Premium Plus A-Frame Fir Wood Dog House - Large
Price: $171.99
26 used & new from $144.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice doghouse for the price., March 27, 2014
This doghouse was delivered quickly, but there was some damage to the wooden piece at the tip of the roof. It rains a lot where I live so i might replace the entire roof with metal or plastic roofing at some point. It was easy to assemble and took maybe 20 minutes to do by myself. It looks very nice and people who come by my house always say that it's a really nice doghouse. My dog however, still prefers to sleep in his old plastic igloo type doghouse.

Simba Baby Safety Nail Cutter- Baby Safety Scissors-Manicure Accessory-Easy To Control than Fingernail Clipper-1 pc by Payakubabies
Offered by Baby Maneki
Price: $8.99
5 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, March 27, 2014
These tiny scissors are so much easier to use to cut our baby's fingernails and toenails than the clippers. They are totally worth it!

Fobus Standard Holster  Left Hand Hand Paddle SWMPLH S&W M&P 9mm, .40, .45 (compact & full size), SD 9 &40 Left Hand Hand
Fobus Standard Holster Left Hand Hand Paddle SWMPLH S&W M&P 9mm, .40, .45 (compact & full size), SD 9 &40 Left Hand Hand
Price: $24.89
48 used & new from $24.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Very functional design, February 24, 2014
I bought two of these Fobus holsters; one in left-hand for myself and one in RH for a friend. They slip on easily over your belt or waistband and hold the gun surprisingly well. the gun is easy to draw, but is held tightly enough that it will not slip out even if the holster is turned upside-down and shaken. They fit my M&P9 with a Hogue grip perfectly, but will not fit if you add any other accessories such as a tactical light or laser. I use mine for holstering my sidearm at the range and for carrying my sidearm while bowhunting. I would not recommend this for concealed carry use unless you choose to wear excessively large, baggy clothing.

Braztech Rossi R92 Scope Mount Base
Braztech Rossi R92 Scope Mount Base

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for mounting Red Dot or Scout Scope., December 20, 2013
Bought this mount for a Rossi lever-action carbine in .44 mag. The stock iron sights were terrible and couldn't be adjusted far enough down to be zeroed. I was shooting 10 inches high at 50 yards and my grouping was just horrible with the stock semi-buckhorn sights. I took off the rear sight and mounted this in it's place and mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight and now am shooting 5 inch groups at 100 yards, which is about pretty good considering the red dot is 3 moa and I'm shooting a pistol caliber round.
The mount seems solid and so far has held up well to recoil. My only complaint is that the barrel of the rifle is tapered, while the bottom of the mount is not, resulting in a flush fit to the barrel on the back of the mount, with 2 small gaps on either side in the front of the mount. It does not appear to affect functionality, but considering it is sold by Braztech-Rossi, I would think that they would have made it so that it would fit the contour of their own barrel perfectly.

LimbSaver S-Coil Bow Stabilizer, 4-1/2 Inches, Camo
LimbSaver S-Coil Bow Stabilizer, 4-1/2 Inches, Camo
Price: $14.44
27 used & new from $9.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, December 20, 2013
I bought this Stabilizer in black for my bow, then bought this one in pink/black for my wife. It does a fair job of lessening vibration when the bow is shot (in this case a Diamond Infinite Edge, which doesn't have much vibration to begin with). The pink/black swirled color matches nicely with my wife's pink camo Infinite Edge bow. My groupings seem to have slightly improved with the installation of this stabilizer.
Overall, I give it 4 stars for a slight improvement in accuracy, slightly improved comfort while shooting, and affordable cost.

Fiskars X15 Chopping Axe, 23.5-Inch
Fiskars X15 Chopping Axe, 23.5-Inch
Price: $33.98
56 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beat for the money., December 18, 2013
Bought this for chores around the yard and way pleasantly surprised by the quality (especially for the price). Was given a Fiskars axe and knife sharpener as a gift from a friend and was able to make the blade on this axe so sharp it would literally shave hairs off of my arm after less than a minute of sharpening! Bottom line: this axe can't be beat for the price. If you are willing to spend over $120 for a small axe, then your options open up.

Field Logic Hurricane Archery Bag Target H25
Field Logic Hurricane Archery Bag Target H25
Offered by The Sportsman's Guide
Price: $39.99
13 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Target!, December 18, 2013
Bought this for target practice and so far it has been working great! It works awesome for me from ranges from 20-75 yards and I have a 55lbs draw weight on my compound bow. Even at 20 yards the arrows are nowhere close to penetrating the full thickness of the bag and are easy to pull out. My wife uses this target at 15 yards and her draw weight is 18 lbs . Her arrows only penetrate a few inches, but still stick in and are easy to pull out. I wouldn't use this to practice with broadheads, as the blades on the broadheads would cut up the outside of the bag to an excessive degree. Use this only for fieldpoints, and after the fieldpoints have torn up the bag, coat the target with a layer of duct tape to increase its life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10