Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Profile for PiddlinRob > Reviews

Browse

PiddlinRob's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PiddlinRob RSS Feed (BR, LA)

Kenneth Cole Reaction 15.6-Inch Top Zip Portfolio/Notebook Case (537680) Black
Kenneth Cole Reaction 15.6-Inch Top Zip Portfolio/Notebook Case (537680) Black
Offered by Maxton & Company
Price: $36.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, needs a removable strap., June 22, 2015
As others have mentioned this is a nice, very attractive and professional looking bag. I have been a fan of the Kenneth Cole "Reaction" models since I purchased a 13.3" Reaction bag about two years ago. Since that time I have purchased several more models of various sizes but in the same general model line. Although I like this bag, it has a couple of omissions that I think detract from the bag. First and foremost, the strap. It is a narrow little thing that is permanently fixed to the bag. In my opinion, the inability to remove or replace the strap is a serious shortcoming. Secondly, this model omits the second zippered compartment for ink pins, card slots, cell phone and other general odds and ends. The bags padding, while similar to that of the three compartment bags, seems a little anemic in the absence of a second and third front compartment. It is obvious to me that this bag was designed to be competitive with cheaper bags selling at a lower price point. The core bag retains the good looks and quality feel of other bags in it's line but in my mind the omission of the removable strap and middle zippered compartment really diminish the desirability of the bag. I believe I have seen this bag referred to as a sleeve. To the degree that a buyer should rate the bag against itself rather than the more full featured bags in the line, it stands alone as a very nice bag although one that could be much improved by a removable strap and a little thicker padding.

Gold Formal Tie Bar
Gold Formal Tie Bar
Offered by CuffCrazy LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed with This Item, February 11, 2015
This review is from: Formal Tie Bar (Apparel)
Mine arrived in a pocketed shipping envelope separated into three separate pieces. It appeared to have been crushed in shipment. I did not open the clear plastic package that the pieces were in but viewing it through the package, it did not appear to be particularly attractive. It looked very similar to the tie bars sold in a local police equipment outlet. I did not see any flaws but the finish appeared a bit dull to me. Because it was on the higher price end for tie bars sold on Amazon I had hoped it would be really polished as the photo appears to suggest. It appeared to be serviceable had it not been broken but I was a bit disappointed. If it were $9 I would have rated it higher.

Lenovo Yoga 11S Slot-In Case-WW (888015160)
Lenovo Yoga 11S Slot-In Case-WW (888015160)
2 used & new from $33.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems a Bit Too Thin, October 7, 2014
This cover seems overly thin to me. Everything seems to fit as it should but it doesn't have a quality look and feel about it. It should be OK as a first line defense against scratching when carrying the Yoga 11 like a (paper) notebook, stacked with other items and it will provide a soft barrier between the keyboard and whatever surface when the keyboard is flipped outward but it's not going to offer much protection other than that and more to my disliking, it's not going to provide that protection with much style. It's actually awful when compared to an IBM Thinkpad cover I bought for a subnote about eight years ago and the price is similar. I wouldn't complain if they reduced the price about $10 but this item seems a little to chinchy for it's cost.

Panasonic HFS014042 14-42mm Zoom lens for Micro third cameras
Panasonic HFS014042 14-42mm Zoom lens for Micro third cameras
Price: $164.95
21 used & new from $111.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Than I Expected, January 19, 2011
I bought a Panasonic G1 for the sole purpose of mounting Canon FD style lenses (totally manual operation requiring a custom adapter). I took an immediate liking to the G1 and photos it produced with the Canon FD lenses. I thought I might buy a Panasonic lens to investigate how the camera performed when used as it was designed to be used. Being heavily invested in an EOS system I didn't want to spend too much on another system so I bought the new cheaper 14-42 3.5-5.6 model. I was impressed. The lens is very small, light and yes, kind of cheap but not so much more so than most lenses under $500. It focuses quickly, silently and accurately. It produces photos which are very sharp and I particularly like the way the camera/lens combo renders colors. I understand Panasonic does some in camera image correction but the photos are top drawer and the camera is a pleasure to use both as old school manual and modern P&S. I absolutely like the lens and it stands up well against other lenses which I own that costs 3X as much. Generally I would agree, get a metal mount, more expensive build and expect better performance. I have purchased other lenses on the same criteria, but in reality I don't know that I would see any improvement having bought the older better build model. What I really would like is a faster lens, say 2.8 that didn't cost over a $1000. All that aside, I'm very impressed with the photographic capabilities of the Panasonic gear and this cheap little lens in general.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2012 10:36 AM PDT

Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-Inch Articulating LCD (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
14 used & new from $139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera Despite Some Short-comings, September 10, 2010
Briefly, this camera has no filter threads, zooms a little slow, has shutter lag in auto exposure mode especially on an immediate second shot, shutter is pretty responsive in sports mode but burst only produces one shot per second so this model is probably not your best choice for sports unless you are very good at anticipating. It's lens hood feels a bit flimsy and it's neck strap is too short. It sometimes makes rather unusual exposure choices in it's specialized modes and it does not include a printed manual. Oh yeah, no RAW.

It does however seem to somehow end up with really excellent pictures and the image stabilization is remarkable at full zoom. I carry this camera in my bag and use it to grab shots that I could not possibly hope to hand hold with my 100-300 f4-5.6 zoom, (lacks IS) on my 50D or 200mm f4 FD (400mm on micro 4/3rds Lumix G1 ((obviously no IS)). Image quality is similar to the prior mentioned lenses. When I go through my "keepers", the SX20IS is amply represented. I tell people that the camera seems to chase the shot and despite it's perceived short comings it produces very impressive results. My SX20IS is golden.