Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for FloridaSU > Reviews

Browse

FloridaSU's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

FloridaSU RSS Feed

RiteAV - Outdoor Ethernet POE+ / RJ-45 Surge Protector (Shielded) for Thunder & Lightning Protection (Gigabyte)
Offered by Ultra Spec Cables (RiteAV®)
Price: $15.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, complete protection!, June 12, 2014
You have no idea how long I've been looking to protect my sensitive electronics from the unexpected and expensive damage caused by thunder. You may find this unbelievable, but in all this time I've only been able to find units that protect from lightning strikes and electrical surges, leaving a gaping hole for thunder damage to constantly wreak havoc and leave me wishing I lived under the sea. Since purchasing these, absolutely none of my connected devices have been damaged by thunder. Not a one!

I am so happy to not have to worry about this anymore. Highly recommended for those who, like me, lie awake worrying, "What if?!"
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2016 4:54 PM PDT

Adding Soap Web Services to Wordpress
Adding Soap Web Services to Wordpress
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon, you make me sad, June 9, 2014
This book looks like I'd like to read it. With that in mind, I tried the "Look Inside!" feature to have a glimpse at how the author writes but the only thing that is previewed is the copyright notice and table of contents. Pretty much worthless.

Well hey - look! As a Prime member (even paid the newly inflated $99 after being a member for years) I'm entitled to borrow this book for free! Yipee! Amazon, I lov... wait. Ah, I must own a $400 Kindle in addition to the $100 a year I pay for Prime in order to borrow this 20 page book. What a slap in the face to a loyal Amazon customer. Who the heck wants a Kindle, with it's walled paygarden and advertising ON THE LOCK SCREEN? Amazon, you just dropped a couple notches in my book. Which, if you'd like to read, will require a $100 yearly subscription and $50 per-eyeball fee.

Ubiquiti Aircam H.264 Megapixel Indoor/Outdoor IP Camera, 3-Pack Package.
Ubiquiti Aircam H.264 Megapixel Indoor/Outdoor IP Camera, 3-Pack Package.
Offered by SIL MICRO
Price: $257.90
6 used & new from $249.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up, not great image, January 30, 2013
I've been using Ubiquiti Nanostation Locos and their other long range WiFi devices, which work great and I highly recommend (90% quality and signal at 1200'!) so I ordered these to start an IP CCTV system. I don't recommend them for a couple of reasons unless you just want some hobby cameras, and mediocre ones at that.

----------------------------------
GOOD -
Small, light and simple to set up. Easily switched out.
White
POE
On the network, so accessing them and setting them up with Blue Iris was very easy

BAD -
- Image quality is poor for a supposedly 720p cam. When compared to a 700TVL BNC connected cam, the BNC is hands down the winner when the IP cam should be visibly more detailed. They have contrast and brightness issues that are not fixed by using the brightness and contrast controls at the cam. In bright light anything in a shadow is nearly invisible, rendering their use to identify activity in certain areas almost pointless. I have one pointed at a hangar door painted dark blue with white walls and if someone steps into the shadow of the hangar while in front of the door they disappear, which was not the case with the other cameras.

- They are so light that a strong breeze moves the camera, causing motion trigger to occur.

- Completely plastic. These feel like they will easily break at some point, either the mount or the cam itself, and the Florida sun will make that happen faster. The lens cover is plastic with a plastic ring screwed on it to hold it down. I will be surprised if they don't get water inside very quickly. I hope I'm wrong.
----------------------------------

Very disappointed that these are so... flimsy, and the image quality is embarrassing. I was hoping to move to IP CCTV but if these are any indication of what is out there, I am not optimistic. My Logitech HD web cam has better detail than these. I am not looking to spend nearly three times as much for IP cams (I now don't consider a $100 camera to be viable, and the next step up seems to be $200) if they are worse than the traditional BNC connected cams.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2013 2:34 PM PDT