Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM
Profile for Mirage > Reviews

Browse

Mirage's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mirage RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
GalGun: Double Peace - PlayStation Vita
GalGun: Double Peace - PlayStation Vita
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $36.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Got it for the Misprint, Stayed for the fun, August 6, 2016
I've always intended to get the game but not on Day 1, and originally planned to get the PS4 version. However since there was a misprint on the PSVita version, I jumped on the PSVita version.

Don't overthink the game's description since it's not as lewd as it sounds. You start off as a lame high school boy who is the target for cupid but due to a mishap, you've been overdosed on cupid love so now all the girls want to confess to you.

So now, you must use your charm (pheromone shot) to fend off the girls, while trying to find your true love before the day is over. Due to the overdose, the side effect is no one will love you except the one you confessed to.

The gameplay is a rail shooter for the most part with a bit of screen rubbing. The girls are clothed and nothing all that scandalous. On the PSVita, the framerate isn't too great so the game feels a bit rough when trying to aim. The load time are also long. I've read the PS4 version is faster.

The story is silly and cheesy so if you hate stories like these, you're probably not going to enjoy the game much.

Type C, USB C to USB A iOrange-E 10ft (3M) Braided Cable for 2015 New Macbook 12'', LG G5, ChromeBook Pixel, OnePlus 2, Nexus 6P, 5X, Lumia 950, 950XL, Nokia N1 Tablet and Other USB C Devices, Black
Offered by iOrange-E
Price: $36.23

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow Charge Almost All The Time, July 15, 2016
On the outside it looks great, and when the cable works, it's great. However, I've bought 3 of them (expecting it to work fine) been encountering more and more issue with the cables. I have an HTC 10, and more often than I like, I get the slow charge message. I could be doing nothing on my phone, and the slow charge message would pop up. It's extremely slow. Takes about 10 or so minutes to get a single percent.

I don't have any issues with the official cables. My phone could be running 10 intensive apps in the background and still charge quickly with the official cable. I can use a non-quickcharge charger and get a faster charge with the official cable.

This issue has become more and more apparently when playing Pokemon Go. Official HTC Type C charge cable, I can get reasonable charging regardless of the adapter I use. iOrange cable, I can't even get normal speed with the official HTC adapter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2016 6:28 AM PDT

Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Price: $23.22
121 used & new from $21.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Splatoon, The Game Can Only Get Better, February 17, 2016
It's a good game. Anyone who preorder this game should have known what to expect, a very similar strategy that Nintendo pulled with Splatoon. Capcom has been cleared and transparent throughout the entire development process, as well as their plans for the future regarding this game.

Right now, the game as is, is tournament ready. There is offline game play such as Survival Mode, local co-op, and a small story mode.

There are additional modes that will arrive later on.

Also, all future characters are obtainable for free. All you need to do is play the game, and earn fight money. The only thing you can't unlock with fight money are premium costumes which will require actual money.

Again, like what Nintendo did, future free updates will be added later. A good chunk of it in March, and some more in June.

The game in it's current state has all the foundation laid out and in terms of actual gameplay is pretty solid. While I'm not a fan of the character designs, I do find the art style somewhat pleasing.

From here, the game can only get better with the free updates (again, pretty much the same thing Nintendo did for Splatoon).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2016 7:32 AM PST

Rhodium-Plated Sterling Silver Green Jade Teardrop Pendant Necklace, 18"
Rhodium-Plated Sterling Silver Green Jade Teardrop Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $40.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Knew A Teardrop Can Make A Great Gift, January 19, 2016
My girlfriend loves it, so that alone accounts for 4 stars. And since I think it looks great on her, it gets the full 5 star.

I was hesitant about getting this one due to some reviews about the jade falls off the necklace, but luckily that's not the case with the one I got. My GF has worn the necklace every now and then since Christmas, and I have yet to experience any problems with the necklace.

Also, highly recommend if your GF has a lot of heart shape necklace. A change of style will leave a teardrop in her eyes.

NEO Universal Travel Charger/Adapter - Ultralight and Compact!
NEO Universal Travel Charger/Adapter - Ultralight and Compact!
Offered by ikris Home & Garden
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Lightweight Travel Size Universal Adapter, October 8, 2015
It's a very convenient device for travel. It's not bulky like most adapters, and certainly gets the job done especially for devices that accounts for different voltage/includes a transformer.

I've owned a few universal adapters, those with a transformer (allowing it to convert the voltage) are bulky, and most portable size adapters are limited in the numbers of plug it can work with. The NEO Transformer offers the portability while more flexibility in usage.

Also doesn't hurt that the transparent color makes it look cool, and easy to spot.

Drakengard 3 - PlayStation 3
Drakengard 3 - PlayStation 3
Price: $19.78
111 used & new from $13.75

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Game that Requires Tolerance, May 21, 2014
This is a game I would give a five star if it wasn't for the fact that the biggest flaws lies with technical issues.

What I like:
The Story and Characters - It's a story about for the lack of better terms, psychos. The characters are fun and ridiculous at times to the point of parody. Also, there are talking dragons which is pretty damn cool.

Gameplay - It's an action RPG, so it plays like a hack and slash and also feels like Dynasty Warrior. Expect to see a lot of blood (the option is there to turn blood off).

Soundtrack - It's quite enjoyable and matches the story. I've been told it lives up to the series but not as good as Nier.

The Dubbing - I usually prefer and if possible play with Japanese dubbing, but since the Japanese VO DLC was taking some time to download (10 GB), I gave the English dub a shot. The English VO is really good and I decided that I'm going to play it in English.

What I Didn't Like:

Load Time - Even though there is about a 30 minutes mandatory install, the game still suffers from long load time. This can be distracting as you go from gameplay to cutscene with a 30 second or so wait in between.

Graphics - Outside from a few pre-render cutscene (which are absolutely gorgeous), the game looks like an upscaled PS2 game and at best a very early PS3 launch title. The game just seems jaggy and could benefit from Anti-aliasing.

Frame-Rate - I have no way of measuring the FPS but it's not hard to notice the drop in frame rate during intense battles and even during in-game cutscenes.

Overall:

Despite the technical flaws, if you're playing for the story, you won't be disappointed. However, if outdated graphic, long load time, and poor frame rate is enough to make you mad, you may want to either skip or hope there will be a future patch to fix this (don't bank on this).
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 5:41 PM PDT

The Eyes of Bayonetta: Art Book & DVD
The Eyes of Bayonetta: Art Book & DVD
by Sega
Price: $36.20
61 used & new from $27.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bewitching Artbook, January 5, 2014
The artbook lives up to the quality as expected from Udon Entertainment. The Eyes of Bayonetta comes in a glossy hardcover and uses semi-glossy paper with stitch binding. Also included is a behind the scene DVD (about 73 minutes long) which discusses the developers' design decisions and thoughts when making the game.

Inside the artbook, you can find concept arts and alternative costume designs for many of the characters/enemies as well as weapons. There isn't too many concept arts or artwork of the different locations.

Overall, it's a solid artbook for Bayonetta fans.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - Collector's Edition
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! - Collector's Edition
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $15.05
21 used & new from $11.05

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a mess, November 20, 2013
Out of the many CE I've owned, this is by far the most bare CE.

The BMO case is nice but it's nothing really special. It also comes with a BTS DVD, and a what should be a standard manual (very small).

As for the game, it's horrible. Out of all my 3DS and DS games I've own, this rank the lowest. It's very pixelated and almost thought I was playing a DS game. The voice crackles and sounds static-y but that could simply be the 3DS speaker.

The graphic also looks very flat and messy. I could barely make out the design and movement of the characters/enemies.

The graphic for the first AT on the 3DS looks world better.

As for the length, it's hard to say, since I didn't get too far and what's worse is that it doesn't allow me to save at anytime nor at every floor.

HTC One M7 Screen Protector, Skinomi® TechSkin Full Coverage Screen Protector for HTC One M7 Clear HD Anti-Bubble Film - with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and great protection, July 27, 2013
It took me no more than a minute to install the screen protector. I've use Skinomi a few times in the past but this time I've finally got it right. You know those videos and picture of that really smooth result with hardly a bump? Well, it's real. I didn't believe it because my result on the Sensation 4G looks nothing like the ones I've seen on their video. This time, the results were flawless. Perhaps because the HTC One screen is rectangular without any of the round edges making it easier.

All you have to do is make sure you're in a dustfree environment (recommend the bathroom after a hot shower). The screen is clean. Wash your hand. Spray your hand with the solution and then spray the screen protector, peel it and spray the other side. Make sure it's nice a wet with the solution. Place it on there and use the squeegee provided to squeeze out excess water. Give it at least an hour and a half before using your phone.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - PlayStation Vita
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - PlayStation Vita
Offered by Shark Distributors
Price: $23.48
31 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybunny should play!, October 28, 2012
For those who have not played 999, I strongly suggest you do. It also a good way to see if this type of game is right for you. With that said, on to my review.

I'm sure most of you are aware that VLR like 999 is a choose your own adventure type of visual novel with puzzles. Chances are if you love 999, you'll love VLR. There are improvements over the first game namely the voice and the jump feature (no more replaying the same puzzle over and over). The voice in English is fantastic.

Now some of you are probably wondering which version to get if you have both the 3DS and Vita, like me.
I ultimately picked the Vita version because :
1) Better audio - The sound is in fact better and clearer.
2) 3 Save slot, and does not have that Save bug found in the 3DS version (I don't remember which room but if you try to reload from that certain room, you will be force to delete and start over.)
3) Trophies w/ platinum - no explanation hare
4) Better visual - It doesn't look bad on the 3DS but on the Vita's OLED screen, the colors really hop out and the graphic is really crisp.
5) The menu and memo touch responsiveness is hardly an issue that some makes it out to be. Also if you have a capacitive pen, it certain makes it easier for the memo writing but I find myself not really needing the memo.

Now onto the advantages of the 3DS:
1) Keeping it in the family - 999 is DS only, so for some it's weird to make that jump to Vita. For me, I felt that way too but I honestly love it on my Vita far more for the reason above.
2) 3D - I know some people love it but for me, it's just gimmick.
3) The interface - It's certain easier to use on the 3DS since you have the stylus and the menu/memo on the bottom but again, you don't need to stare at the memo/menu for most of the game. I enjoy seeing the characters on a bigger and clearer screen.
4) 3DS Battery Life - Why is this important? Because you'll be hook and you'll need as long of a battery life as possible.
5) Nintendo Club points

Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong as VLR is a great game.

Edit:
Just finish the game, it's absolutely amazing! Anyway, another bullet point to add for the Vita.
Press the PS Home button and Start together to capture screenshots. Beats using the memo any day. Unfortunately I forgot about that and was doing chicken scratch scribble with the memo.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2014 6:12 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2