Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM
Profile for T.willy > Reviews

Browse

T.willy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 122

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T.willy "T.willy" RSS Feed (CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Mediabridge Banana Plugs - Corrosion-Resistant 24K Gold-Plated Connectors - 6 Pair/12 Banana Plugs (Part# SPC-BP2-6 )
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great plugs, August 6, 2016
well-made plugs, excellent grip, no signal conduction issues. Good value.

Silicon Power 16GB 3-Pack Ultima U05 USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Blue/Pink/Black (SP048GBUF2U05VCM)
Price: $11.89
11 used & new from $11.89

3.0 out of 5 stars One of three failed, August 4, 2016
I initially liked these. Now, one has failed (I think -- it shows no files despite having placed and viewed in the past several GB on it, and still confirmed under properties). I have tried multiple ports, PC's, googled tricks for folder/view changes, etc, to no avail. I guess that data is as good as lost. The other two seem okay except that their write speeds are now around 3GB per sec on my Window 7 i7 system. AS an owner of dozens of USB drives of many brands, I have not had a problem before.

All of Me
All of Me
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars hypnotic, July 18, 2016
This review is from: All of Me (MP3 Music)
hypnotic and lyrical

Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)
Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)
Price: $349.00
28 used & new from $300.00

4.0 out of 5 stars strange auto-flash algorithms, June 10, 2016
I have owned about a dozen point and shoot and dslrs over the years, and this one has an issue which I have never encountered. It has a bizarre algorithm for low light conditions: the "auto-flash" will usually not fire until the shutter speed is around 1/10 of a second, and even then, the associated shutter speed may be 1/30 of a sec, along with a high iso. This can create the worst of all worlds: a potentially blurry photo with high noise. Even when the flash is forced, the shutter speed and iso will often be unfavorable. It is not a subtle issue. I tried two different examples of this camera, and both have this. Olympus tech support was rather vague but "assured me" that this was intentional, probably because of underwater lighting conditions wanting to avoid flash-backscatter. This is a nonsense answer since one can force the flash on or off as desired. A work-around is to use the "custom" settings, which helps somewhat. In any even, great camera but do not plan on replacing your other nice point and shoot cameras for low light snapshot conditions. It is odd that others reviewers, even pros, do not mention this. Anyone out there dealing with this??

Verbatim DVD+R DL AZO 8.5 GB 8x-10x Branded Double Layer Recordable Disc, 20-Disc Spindle 95310
Price: $25.72
87 used & new from $18.00

3.0 out of 5 stars check your equipment first!, February 23, 2016
Several factors at play here: I bought these in hopes of being able to copy home movies without needing to compress them. Unfortunately, the discs burned -- using three different burners-- would not play properly in any of my DVD or Blu ray players. Some players will NOT recognize the DVD "+" discs, so those rejected them outright. Check your player specs prior to buying these!! I have another older Panasonic DVD player/recorder which claims to play these types of discs, but each Verbatim movie copy I try will stutter and freeze and not play for more than a few seconds. So this may reflect a problem with these Verbatim discs. I will continue to experiment, but so far I have 4 coasters.

City of Thieves: A Novel
City of Thieves: A Novel
by David Benioff
Price: $9.52
527 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 14, 2016
This is a marvelous book, with a cinematic visual sense. The writing is polished and sometimes stunning, and the plot, setting, and characters are fascinating and surreal.

The Life We Bury
The Life We Bury
by Allen Eskens
Price: $8.96
175 used & new from $3.95

3.0 out of 5 stars unpolished author, February 14, 2016
This review is from: The Life We Bury (Paperback)
Given that this is the first novel written by this author, and that he is to be encouraged and congratulated for his effort, I think the rave reviews should be taken with some skepticism. The book is worth reading for the story, but in my opinion I feel very misled by the reviews. The plot, characters, and dialog seem like a first draft in need a lot of fine tuning. It is very difficult to write an excellent novel, and this book illustrates that point. If you expect the polished skill of Michael Connelly or Lee Child, do not buy this book.

Coin Flip Assortment - Cardboard 2x2 Holders - 25 each of 6 Sizes
Coin Flip Assortment - Cardboard 2x2 Holders - 25 each of 6 Sizes
Offered by AJ's Hot Wax - Sports Cards
Price: $8.99
16 used & new from $3.07

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, January 25, 2016
These flips work well and the window is clean and distortion-free. Good product, good company. Remember you need a sturdy stapler to get through the cardboard.

Carson® 5x MiniBrite LED Lighted Slide-Out Aspheric Magnifier with Protective Sleeve (PO-55)
Price: $7.95
15 used & new from $7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, January 19, 2016
I write this review in hopes of bringing some balance to the reviews. I bought this based on a multitude of glowing reviews and on the nice product video. Either I got a defective product or my expectations were higher than everyone else's. I understand that designing an inexpensive 5X lens is tricky, but folks need to know what this thing can and cannot do.. This magnifier has significant funhouse mirror distortion except for a tiny sweet spot in the middle of the lens, which renders it almost unusable for reading anything other than a few letters at a time. After working with it at various positions, I found that if the magnifier is carefully kept at about an inch from the subject, it is less distorted -- but at this height the field of view is about one inch wide on the paper, and the device itself casts a shadow. To use this I find myself constantly moving the magnifier up and down and right and left and tilting it around to bring things into focus. Although it will magnify more than other 2X or 3X devices, I find it too annoying to use for anything other than checking the date on an old coin, which it does well. Not worth paying for the shipping to return.

Kingston 16GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler Flash Drive, Blue (DTIG4/16GBET)
Kingston 16GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler Flash Drive, Blue (DTIG4/16GBET)
Price: $5.58

4.0 out of 5 stars port power concerns, November 2, 2015
Good price, BUT I cannot initially get this flashdrive to work, as connecting it to a Transcend USB 3 hub hooked to a new pcie usb 3 card. I get an error saying that the hub does not have adequate power to operate the drive. It will work if plugged into an older usb 2 port, but that defeats the point of having a usb 3 drive. I will investigate some more UPDATE: Apparently my USB 3.0 hub requires AC power to meet the needs of some devices rather than USB 3 alone, and this Kinkgston must be one of them. When I plugged in the hub to AC, the USB 3 ports and Flashdrive worked well. Update number of stars to 5.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13