Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
Profile for Patricia L. Fry > Reviews

Browse

Patricia L. Fry's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patricia L. Fry RSS Feed (Ojai, CA United States)

Sell More eBookS - How to increase sales and Amazon rankings using Kindle Direct Publishing
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Resource Guide for Authors of eBooks, August 4, 2012
This ebook is jammed with just the sort of information and resources any author needs in order to sell more copies of his or her ebook. Not only does this author duo explain what it takes to create a good ebook, they take you step-by-step through the process of publishing it and selling it.

The selling part is the mainstay of this unique ebook. Through information, anecdotes and examples, Crosby and Dobbins explain what it takes to promote an ebook--their main focus being on the Kindle Direct Publishing programs and opportunities. As if this isn't enough, they also provide an overwhelming supply of resources. Wouldn't you find a list of nearly 30 Kindle Book Promotion Websites useful in promoting your ebook? Did you know there are Facebook and Twitter accounts that allow postings for ebooks? They are listed in chapter seven. These authors also provide a list of "Publishing Gurus" and their contact information in case you need additional assistance or information.

If you are the author of an ebook or are considering writing one, follow some of the ideas in this ebooklet for promoting and selling your ebook and you will be far, far ahead in the incredibly fiercely competitive publishing game.

I Murdered the Spelling Bee (A Daphne Lee-Lee Misadventure Book 2)
I Murdered the Spelling Bee (A Daphne Lee-Lee Misadventure Book 2)
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Entertaining, June 30, 2012
I just spent a couple of evenings enjoyably enmeshed in Daphne Lee-Lee's latest misadventure. How does Wendy Dager come up with these stories and so expertly weave in all of those unpredictable, unexpected twists and turns? She had me fooled as to who the culprit was and she kept me reading until the mystery was solved. If you want to be thoroughly entertained through a light reading experience with lots of surprises, I recommend I Murdered the Spelling Bee.

Joyful Mondays: How to Find Passion and Joy in Your Work
Joyful Mondays: How to Find Passion and Joy in Your Work
by Ph. D. Lola Brown
Price: $17.95
28 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book for Anyone Seeking Joy in Their Work, February 19, 2012
Now here's a book that many people may wish they'd read before they got caught up in a job they dread. Dr. Lola Brown's Joyful Mondays is designed to help people find passion and joy in their work. It appears, however, that it is almost never too late to make a change.

Dr. Brown interviewed dozens of people in a wide variety of professions for this book in an attempt to show that the people who are using their skills and interests in the pursuit of their jobs are more likely to enjoy what they do. It's interesting how some of them purposefully found the job that suits them best and others kind of fell into the right situations.

I particularly enjoyed the chapter on career changers--those who changed jobs in order to follow their passion. Dr. Brown interviewed some fascinating people for this chapter with intriguing stories--a movie critic turned horse rescuer, a school administrator turned priest, a pianist turned police officer and a loan officer who became a limousine driver, for example.

Most of us have jobs or businesses that fit into categories. Dr. Brown categorizes those she interviewed as The Helpers, The Creators, The Scientific People, The Hands-On People, The Entrepreneurs, The Business People and the Career Changers. Anyone reading this book will find reference to someone with skills and interests similar to their own.

Not only will you be able to relate to some of those interviewed for this book, Dr. Brown includes an entire section designed to help you determine the best, most joyful profession for you based on your interests, skills, personality style and mindset or belief system. I enjoyed filling out the questionnaire and was glad to discover that I am pursuing the right profession for me.

The book is well-written and well-organized. I think that anyone who is not entirely happy in his job or career will benefit from this unique book. In fact, it should be required reading for those just starting out on their career paths. But Dr. Brown also wrote this book for mid-career workers who have come to dread Mondays and even retired individuals who want to finally discover a more meaningful career.

The Mystery of Fate : Common Coincidence or Divine Intervention? (Volume 1)
The Mystery of Fate : Common Coincidence or Divine Intervention? (Volume 1)
by Arlene Uslander
18 used & new from $3.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A book full of smiles, August 24, 2011
What a delightful, moving collection of happy-ending stories. I smiled and I cried while reading them. But most of all I simply enjoyed these wonderfully told tales of inspiration and fate.

Patricia Fry, author of 34 books including a spiritual memoir, Quest for Truth.
[...]

I Murdered the PTA
I Murdered the PTA
by Wendy Dager
Price: $14.99
38 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun and memorable read, August 9, 2011
This review is from: I Murdered the PTA (Paperback)
I knew that Wendy could write. I knew that she was witty and lovably quirky. But I didn't know that she could pen a novel that would keep me enthralled from start to finish. This is such a fun little book and, from an editor's point of view, extremely well-written and well-organized. While she takes the reader along on some surprising twists and turns, she never leaves you behind. But she does keep you on the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next.

I enjoyed "I Murdered the PTA" from a woman's point of view. But the man in our house also read it in one sitting. At one point, he thought he could predict the outcome. WRONG! Wendy cleverly outwitted this reader.

Would I recommend this book? Absolutely. It's an unexpected treat.

Ten Little Bulldogs
Ten Little Bulldogs
by Ruby Daniels

5.0 out of 5 stars Adora-dorable!!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Ten Little Bulldogs (Hardcover)
This book is delightful. I keep it on my coffee table and watch guests from 2 to 82 smile when they look into the faces of the endearing bulldogs. The premise is simple, yet educational and fun for kids. I've bought copies for all of the neighborhood children, our grandchildren and a few dog fanciers.

Patricia Fry, author and pet lover.

The ABC's of POD: A Beginner's Guide to Fee-Based Print-on-Demand Publishing
The ABC's of POD: A Beginner's Guide to Fee-Based Print-on-Demand Publishing
by Dehanna Bailee
Price: $8.95
32 used & new from $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars The ABC's of POD, January 5, 2006
Dehanna Bailee gives hopeful authors the information they need in order to make one of their most important publishing decisions. If you are considering a fee-based POD publishing service, you must read this book.

Patricia Fry, author of "The Right Way to Write, Publish and Sell Your Book." [...]

Ma Duncan
Ma Duncan
by Jim Barrett
19 used & new from $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and well-written., June 4, 2004
This review is from: Ma Duncan (Paperback)
I remember when this crime happened here in Southern CA. It hit me hard because I was pregnant, at the time, with my 2nd daughter. Now to read the complete story in such depth and detail almost 50 years later was a fascinating experience. Yet, this isn't just a dry crime report. Barrett has captured the essence of the characters and made them come to life. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have recommended it to everyone I know who loves a good true crime.
Patricia Fry
[...]

When The Wind Blows Through You Like A SCREAM
When The Wind Blows Through You Like A SCREAM
by Carolkay MacKay
5 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Charming Read, May 31, 2001
This book features a wonderful collection of prose and poetry from the inner crevices of Carolkay's mind. It's the way she puts words and art together that draws in the reader and sends them on their own journey.
I recommend curling up with this book on a quiet summer's eve or cool wintery night when you're all alone and eager to be inspired and entertained. ...

Healthy Cooking for Singles & Doubles
Healthy Cooking for Singles & Doubles
by Eleanor Brown
30 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Handy Book for Healthy Singles and Couples, May 31, 2001
Cooking healthy meals for two is my goal each day and Eleanor's book helps me do that with confidence. While I miss seeing color photographs, I highly appreciate the simplicity of the recipes, the dietary information at the bottom of each page and especially Eleanor's own notes and serving ideas after every recipe. The Hungarian Goulash is one of my favorites, so far. Can't wait to try the Gingerbread Delight and the Curried Vegetable Medley.
The recipes are easy, fun, nutritious and tasty. I highly recommend this book to those who are cooking for one and who tend to neglect their dietary needs.
Patricia L. Fry....