Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Profile for BSH > Reviews

Browse

BSH's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BSH RSS Feed (Escondido, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
TEMPTATIONS SNACKY MOUSE Cat Toy for Cat Treats
TEMPTATIONS SNACKY MOUSE Cat Toy for Cat Treats
Price: $3.19
11 used & new from $3.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly except he won't share it, October 1, 2015
Our cat Mike has always been a moocher cat. He jumps up on the arm of the chair and stares you into submission until you get out his treats and feed him. I bought this mouse thinking he could then feed himself as needed. Once he caught on it worked 'almost' perfectly.
Just one problem. He only gets one or two at a time with each swat. Not good enough. He has to work for his treat. So now he comes back occasionally to stare at me in hopes of getting a nice bunch of treats with minimal effort. But all I say is "talk to the mouse". He actually gives a glare and big deep sigh and then jumps down to the floor and hunts down this mouse. I haven't laughed at him yet but it's been close.
Oh, but he will not share the mouse with our other cat Bella. She has to wait until he leaves but if he hears it he comes running back. So she gets her treats from me the old fashioned hand fed way. But she is not as much a moocher so it all works out for everyone.
Highly recommend.

Duncraft 74405 Songbird One Way Mirror Window Bird Feeder
Duncraft 74405 Songbird One Way Mirror Window Bird Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy cats, birds well fed, June 21, 2015
We've had this now for about 8 months and it works very well. The cats love just watching the birds up close and the birds don't react at all. People can get very close as well. Pretty amazing. I've cleaned the product twice and reattached with no problems
Comment Comment | Permalink

Original KITTY COT "World's BEST Cat Perch"
Original KITTY COT "World's BEST Cat Perch"
Offered by KittyCot
Price: $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly as described and so far is very sturdy, December 11, 2014
I had one bench style perch while until recently was fine. But then I bought one of those outside of the window bird feeders with mirror film so the cats can watch the birds (which is working perfectly). But now both cats want in on the bench perch.
So I bought this perch as a second based on reviews. It has worked perfectly and the suction cups are very strong. Both cats have been in and out of it. Neither have tried to unstick the suction cups although one has tried to gnaw on the cords to no avail (seems to think they are there to floss his teeth, strange). I did add a small cat blanket to it which they seem to like in the winter/colder days. But they now both happily lounge side by side watching the feeder/birds, no more fighting over the one small bench perch. And they don't seem to prefer one over the other which surprised me. They are both 8-10lb sized cats (average) and the Kitty Cot easily supports either of them.

I just ordered another one for my son's cat for Christmas as she also spends the days watching the birds in a tree right outside the main window. One advantage of this type of perch, I realized, is that it does not require nails or screws if you are in a rental situation.

HAIR DRYER STYLING STAND HOLDER
HAIR DRYER STYLING STAND HOLDER
Offered by Hold N Storage
Price: $13.68
15 used & new from $13.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed but construction instructions are poor, June 24, 2014
I was looking for something to hold my hair dryer as it takes a while to dry my hair. This appeared to be what I needed. And it works wonderfully now that it is put together. So I wanted to add my review to give this product a little higher rating.

I was originally very concerned by the low star reviews from others about it not being adjustable which would be a must have feature for me.

Turns out that the instructions to put it together are poor and they are missing one or two steps. (Thus the 1 star degrade)
1) You need to first remove the black plastic cover on the larger tube. It is not easy, but you need to work it off. Some sort of sticky stuff (not glue but glue like) makes it a bit hard. Persistence is needed.
2) Now, turn the smaller sized tube so the white plastic part attached to it goes into the bigger tube first.
3) Now slide the black plastic back down over the smaller tube back down back onto the larger tube where it originated and push it back into place.
Now the twist to adjust the height of the smaller pole in the larger pole should work just dandy. Proceed with the rest of the instructions and enjoy!

Vibra Alarm Clock
Vibra Alarm Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little travel alarm clock for my needs, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Vibra Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I keep this next to my on the bedside table. The vibration mode which I use 99% of the time is perfect. It "buzzes" in little bursts 20 times and has a snooze button neatly on top. It is a quieter vibration/buzz which is exactly what I wanted (think "purring cat" mode). I hate being jerked from sleep by beeps and this is a more gentle way to get me awake. And I cannot program either of my cats to a specific time.
I will agree that if you are a heavy sleeper who is hard to wake this might be too light a vibration. I have slept through it a few times when I've had a late night. On occasions (hotels) where I must be awake at a certain time (catching a flight) I will switch it to its beeping mode which works for me.
The other feature that is perfect is that the LCD is black on gray dim with a back light which is critical in a clock because my spouse needs absolute black to sleep in the room. But you can easily see it in the daylight clearly from pretty much all angles.
I came to this page because I thought my current clock was dying (LCD was much too hard to read). Nope, it just needed new batteries after a few years. But I wanted to leave this review because I saw so many negative reviews. I was planning on buying this exact one again. I may even do so anyway just to have a backup for when the one I have no longer works.
So, why not 5 stars. It is because the little buttons are a bit of a pain to use to set the alarm. You have to press them pretty firmly and this can be a pain after awhile. You also have to hold them down for awhile if you are cycling around for more than 45 counts. I would prefer them to be on the back of the clock and not indented and a little larger. But, it will not stop me from buying this exact clock again. I spent about an hour searching for an alternative on both Amazon and the net and did not find one better for my needs.

* LABRADOR RETRIEVER * Leather 3D Dog Keychains Japanese Petit Mini Mascot VANCA Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for people who love dogs, November 23, 2012
I love this key chain little dog mascot. It is just the right size for adding to a key chain and is too cute with its little 3D shape.
Also, great seller (L I C Gifts)! Perfect and extremely prompt customer service. Originally they sent me a "Golden Retriever" instead of the requested "Labrador Retriever". I sent them an email explaining and received a personal reply the same day apologizing for the mixup. They immediately sent me the correct one out the same day and had me put the envelope with the wrong one back in the mail with return to sender written on it. All of this in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I plan to order more of these items from this seller as gifts.

Omron BP785 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, Black/white
Omron BP785 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, Black/white
Offered by SET 4 BABY
Price: $84.71
20 used & new from $81.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Overcame the E5 issue, November 14, 2012
I gave the product 4 stars only because it took a lot of persistence and effort on my part to figure out how to now use it on a regular basis.

I did read all the other reviews first and it sounded like this would be one of the easier of the cuff type monitors to use.

I nearly sent it back the next day. All I got was "E5" which according to their instructions was because "clothes were in the way". Nope, naked arm, no clothes.

I hung in there and took it in with me for my yearly physical. The nurse figured it out. "E5" means it cannot find your pulse accurately. She has a hard time finding my pulse manually on my left arm. Much easier for her to find on my right arm. We also compared the results against the nurse's manual blood pressure results and it was within 3 points.
I then found out if I moved the position of the cuff on my left arm I can get it to work (closer to the elbow crease, not 1/2 inch above). But the real winner was just moving it to my right arm. Also much, much easier to get it on accurately (avoiding the infamous E1 error).
Since then I've been able to reliably use it every day to get measurements. No strange sitting positions with the cord pointing in a particular direction, just sitting normally with my arm relaxed in a slightly bent position.

So, summary, I am a happy owner of this product. Omron just needs to really overhaul their usage/help documentation and interview more of their users to find out why they are having trouble using it.

Yonanas Frozen Healthy Dessert Maker - 100% Fruit Soft-Serve Maker (Black and Silver)
Price: $44.97
75 used & new from $29.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Yonanas now has a reserved spot on the countertop, May 10, 2012
I've now had this device for about 3 weeks. It does what it advertises and it is getting steady use. I used it first to make a Chocolate Banana soft serve. No, it is not ice cream but the taste and texture will make you wonder if it was. I used almost frozen bananas (more on that later) and chocolate syrup. Wonderful!
The reason for the almost frozen is that if you put in a solidly frozen banana this device will initially chip the banana into small little flakes. It works much better if you let the solidly frozen bananas (or other fruits) thaw just a bit but not too much. I just stuck them in the microwave on the soften setting for about 30 seconds. The outside now was slightly mushy but still frozen in the middle. This makes that wonderful soft serve texture.
Another thing I did was to freeze different flavors of yogurt in a flat pan and put "sticks" of frozen yogurt alternated with various fruits. This adds a nice "frozen yogurt" spin on the result.
Fruits I've tried so far with good results: bananas, pineapple, mango.
I also tried a bag of frozen mixed berries. Not so great because of the seeds. I may run these first through a food mill and then re-freeze and try again. It had good flavor but not so soft serve wonderfully smooth.
Depending on the fruit sweetness I will mix the semi-frozen fruit up with sugar or Splenda before running through the machine.
Summary: the product works well, is easy to clean and lends itself to a vast variety of flavored soft serve almost like ice cream that it will continue to have a reserved spot on my kitchen countertop.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 3:04 PM PST

Bravo Sports Quik Shade Weekender 64 Canopy
Bravo Sports Quik Shade Weekender 64 Canopy

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for occasional backyard usage in the summer, July 22, 2011
I bought two of these for use at a backyard event a few months ago. I was fortunate that my son had used these same types on a job he had so he knew exactly how to set them up and showed me. With the two of us and his know how we had both of them up and tied together and weighted down (used kitty litter in a plastic grocery bag, worked fine). It took us a total of about 20 minutes.
So, the following weekend I wanted to put one of them up again to get some shade in the yard as we do not have any covering on our patio. Following my son's original guidance it took me about 15 minutes on my own to pop one of them up fully. The trick if you are by yourself is to spread it out enough to get underneath and then push up on the 4 internal ceiling poles in the center where they unfold (small black rectangle on each pole). Slightly lift up as you are doing this and the whole tent pops out nicely. Then go to each pole and set the top latch. Then repeat with each pole to extend the full length.
I am very pleased with this product. I do not plan to use this when raining and I take it down after the weekend when I am not using it. I do not expect these to last being left up for long periods, it is just for weekends in the backyard or at the beach. For that purpose this is a great product.

Oxi-clean 51355 Max Force Gel Stick, 6.2 Oz (Pack of 12)
Oxi-clean 51355 Max Force Gel Stick, 6.2 Oz (Pack of 12)
3 used & new from $53.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally removed old grease stains, February 4, 2011
This product beats all my other stain removers hands down. I had a number of shirts and sweatshirts with those dryer set grease stains where you can see the dark circle but cannot get it to go away (from cooking splatters and spills). Usually I just stop wearing them outside the house and they become the "clothes I don't care if they get stained more" ones for dirty work. But one of the tops I had stained was relatively new and still looked great other than this drizzle down the front that the other stain remover could not remove. I saw the claim for removing dried in grease stains and decided to give this OxiClean Gel stick a try. Out it came, with just a dab, light scrub and into the wash. I have now gone through my other grease stained tops and one by one this stick is taking those stains out. I haven't tried it yet on other types of stains (the types that are not nearly as hard to remove as grease stains) but will be reaching for this pre-treater first now for all the stained items.
Summary: great product, does what it says it will.

Page: 1 | 2