Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Barbra Streisand Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Profile for anh nguyen > Reviews

Browse

anh nguyen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

anh nguyen RSS Feed (Berkeley, CA, US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Avantree Universal Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with Mic - Sacool White/Blue
Avantree Universal Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with Mic - Sacool White/Blue
Price: $38.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Was hesitant for a while but it's worth it, April 27, 2014
It's a long story, but I was getting frustrated with my easily tangled earphones. One clumsy hand move and I would knock my phone off my pocket to the floor. Avantree does have a young look to it, so I thought I outta give it a try.
The sound quality is amazing. It's so crisp. It does not have any annoying background static sound. One con though, as any bluetooth device, if you suddenly move away from a source device, the sound will be off-sync. I have not really seriously tested out to see how long the earphones' function will last per charge, but from what I've noticed, it seems to be roughly half of a day if used rather continuously. When I said the sound quality was crisp, I meant the sound quality when you listen to music. The sound quality for phone calls is a bit less perfect, at least for the pair that I have. I can hear my friends well but they've complained they couldn't hear me well sometimes (low volume). I can't say it's the earphones' fault since my phone also has a history of malfunctioning. But for the purpose of listening to music without bothering people around me, the pair does their job well.
There is a funny story about my purchase from Amazon though.
I had to order three times from Amazon.
The first pair came. They had strange marker marks on each earphone. I asked for a replacement since I wanted "new".
The second pair came. They had the same marks at the same places. I was puzzled. So I asked for another replacement.
Third pair came. Same thing. At this time, I gave up. I thought it was something they do, in China, before they ship to America.
So I asked Amazon to return the second and the third pairs, since I've fallen in with the first one.
Ironic and messy. I know. But why do they draw funny marks and lines on their products? If you receive a phone that has some marker mark on it, I bet you'll get annoyed too.
But I don't regret getting my Avantree Sacool!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 1:13 AM PDT

The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, April 18, 2014
Ok, some of you might have a different idea of what a masterpiece should be; regardless, this movie is still one of the best comedy dramas of the decade. First off, the movie is star-packed. The pace of the movie is elegant and the rhythm between the actors (who are very charismatic, even the prisoners) is so natural and melodic. It's so enchanting just to watch their faces and movements only. And listen to their lines too, they have witty, well-written lines. The story is a perfect blend of love, life, meaningless wars, gruesome murders, dreamy sceneries and frank adult humors. The movie was well executed, even a small movement has its meaning. The movie was so pretty, you'd wish you had dreams like that; (for some reasons, the scenes remind me of "The series of unfortunate events", another beautiful and captivating movie. But this movie is for adults, adults with some goofy sex humor still) it's as pleasing as a night summer breeze, and you will feel one too after the movie.

Meet the Robinsons
Meet the Robinsons
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars What a mess, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Meet the Robinsons (Amazon Video)
I've never seen a messier story line. While it's not hard to figure out the whole puzzle by half of the movie, the sub-stories are badly woven to each other. They tried to come up with interesting characters for the Robinsons, or so they thought, but then they didn't use much of them in the story line. Trying to digest or appreciate this abundance and redundancy of characters and sub-stories is like ironically trying to digest a poorly proportioned peanut butter and jam sandwich (a reference to an invention of Lewis). And the dinosaur part? Oh goodness that was bad. It's too stiff and unnatural; the idea was supposed to create a stir, a highlight in action, a drama scene, but it was too...forced. I started feeling sleepy right around that dinosaur chasing part. How amusing that was!

All in all, don't try to waste your money like I did.

Frozen (2013)
Frozen (2013)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Snooze button, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Frozen (2013) (Amazon Video)
I thought I would see the greatest Disney movie of the decade, as people keep on praising. I thought I would see its classical greatness once again, just like they said. Only now I know I did never find the classical Disney any entertaining.
Too soap opera-y, too dreamy, too childish, too unbearable, too cliche.
And the musicals? Nothing creeps me more than the musicals. I have to hand it to Disney: it keeps on perpetuating the toxic idea to young females about "true love" (usually in the form of some cute hunky guy who at first quarrels with them quite a bit but always and always puts up with their childish behavior like a tolerant father figure). Get it girls? Be as dreamy and clumsy and air-headed as you can, some guy out there will love you anyway.
Name one classical Disney movie whose female protagonist doesn't yearn for love (for a prince charming, particularly) from the beginning to the end?
No wonder why Disney's successful movies are with Pixar, by large. Because Disney, you're getting old!
Just half way, I already figured out the whole plot and napped through the rest. It's that predictable. The pace is too slow. They really try to spell it out to the audience. It's even more unbearable than Tangled. Yes, that's right, I despise your precious Tangled.
What a waste of money. Thank god I decided to rent it out first through Amazon instead.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 10:43 PM PST

Hutzler Folding Dish Rack, Black
Hutzler Folding Dish Rack, Black
Price: $22.00
2 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and functional dish rack, March 29, 2014
Cute, compact, minimalist. It's all I'm looking for in a dish rack. I'm a single college student who happens to move a lot. And I've spent a lot of time looking for compact kitchen utilities. I'd like a cute dish rack that you just fold it whenever it's not in use.
My old dish rack, even though functional, is way to cumbersome to drag around every time I move. In my current place, I have two sinks so it deletes the need for a dish trying mat; I just have to unfold this baby in one of the sinks, and it does the job fine.
I have also very few kitchen tools and eateries (the more you have, the more you have to clean) so this folding dish rack works fine for me; it might not be enough for a large family though.
The first one came a bit wobbly (not balanced) so I requested a replacement. And the replacement came perfect. It's actually very sturdy, so I'm glad I took a chance on it.

Billabong Juniors Dany Cardigan, Olive, Large
Billabong Juniors Dany Cardigan, Olive, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 29, 2014
It will fit you as expected. I ordered the large size (it's junior clothing and I'm an adult) and can't be any happier about it. It's warm; it's stylish; it's young; it's beautiful. I wear it to school, at home, to a coffee shop, to a market or to any where I can flaunt my cardigan.
The knitting was done nicely; after you wear it for a while, of course lint and a very few threads will stick out. But those issues are small, and they don't stop me from enjoying my cardigan. I always put it in a laundry mesh bag whenever I wash it though, just to be safe.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Shrunk after one wash, March 29, 2014
At first it was fine, then it shrunk after one wash. After that, whenever I wore it, it made me look like a Matryoshka - that's how goofy it makes me look. And I bought the largest size available (I'm curvy but not fat nor overweight).
After the fifth wash, the hood string came off. Well I think I have to donate it now, and I bought this thing only months ago.

Luxury Divas Red Thick Slouchy Knit Oversize Beanie Cap Hat
Luxury Divas Red Thick Slouchy Knit Oversize Beanie Cap Hat
Offered by NYfashion101, Inc.
Price: $8.49
13 used & new from $7.35

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but..., March 29, 2014
The cap fits as expected (well it's a beanie, it should fit in any way). It's really warm, and a lot of times I've been using it as my rain hat as well (not recommended but it certainly protects my hair and warm my head in the rain).
I've washed it twice, no issue.
The problem with it is that, the beanie will actually have a dark red color rather than an orange-red color like in the picture. I bought it since I liked the orange-red color. But it seemed like a hassle to return and look for a beanie all over again so I kept it.

Veronica Mars Season 2
Veronica Mars Season 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Watching is like tasting sand, March 29, 2014
It's bad, way too cliche. And the acting is beyond horrible. I've never seen so many emotionless dolls in one sitcom before.
If you look for a good teenage detective sitcom, this is not it. If you want a lazily formatted Disney type sitcom with a lot of white faces and one token black guy, this is it.

Copco Sphere 1-1/2-Quart Capacity Polished Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
Copco Sphere 1-1/2-Quart Capacity Polished Stainless Steel Tea Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars It's been with me for the longest time, March 22, 2014
This kettle has been with me for three years now, and every day when I use it, I just keep reminding myself that this is one of the few purchases from Amazon that I would never regret.
It's small but enough for one person (I usually just make tea and coco and some chazuke). It sure can whistle (very loud!). And it still has that charming look the day I bought it. You can see how durable this product is. Of course now it has some burned marks on the bottom; I've been making a lot of tea, but it still functions like a champ.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 1:40 AM PDT