Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Steve Gibson > Reviews

Browse

Steve Gibson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve Gibson "eBook Lover" RSS Feed (Southern California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Great North Road
Great North Road
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a read!, July 13, 2016
This review is from: Great North Road (Kindle Edition)
When a mother has given birth, postpartum depression is the name given to the odd blues she may feel. Though this was a long Peter F. Hamilton novel, and I confess to being a bit impatient with it at times... Having just finished it I, too, feel a bit depressed to have reached the end of this enthralling tale. What the patient reader of Hamilton receives in return is a "full immersion" experience that takes some recovery and extraction time... post-novel.

I can't wait for his next work!

Fallen Dragon
Fallen Dragon
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My god I love this book., June 1, 2016
This review is from: Fallen Dragon (Kindle Edition)
I've just finished reading it for the third time. It had been long enough since my last reading that I'd forgotten enough for it to be fun. I've been reading science fiction since Tom Swift when I was 14... Hmmm... 47 years ago, and Peter F. Hamilton is one of my favorite authors of all that time.
THIS marvelous and unhurried piece of storytelling is the Hamilton book I tell people to read first when they are getting into Hamilton. If you're wondering whether you should... the answer is almost certainly... Yeah.

Interplexus Seriphos Capsules, 100 Count
Interplexus Seriphos Capsules, 100 Count
Offered by Top Quality Distributors
Price: $24.18
10 used & new from $24.00

1.0 out of 5 stars !! - WARNING - !! THIS NEW (MAY 2016) SERIPHOS IS NOTHING LIKE THE PREVOUS SERIPHOS!!, May 22, 2016
The sole intent of this review is to inform buyers that NO REVIEW of Seriphos before May of 2016 should be considered valid for ANY Seriphos purchased and received after May of 2016. The product has changed dramatically and so must be reevaluated with a clean slate.

(People have been asking whether they recently received the original or the updated Seriphos. The labels note a different substance -- Phosphorylated Serine versus Phosphatidylserine -- and show their ingredients. To help clarify this I have attached an annotated scan of both the original and new Seriphos formulations.)

In the late spring of 2016, the original Interplexus Seriphos formulation was dramatically changed. Initial anecdotal reports have indicated that the new formulation may no longer be effective. (See the comments to this review and any other RECENT reviews.) Upon learning of a previous edition of this review, the medical director/owner of Interplexus contacted me (by phone from France) to explain the changes they have made. He is extremely proud of the quality, purity, and integrity of the sourcing of their new formulation's ingredients. Based upon what he said, the good news is that no one will need to worry about contamination from foreign substances, lead, aluminum, other heavy metals, etc. or the presence of non-nutritional excipients. But, unfortunately, the bad news is that that this new Seriphos does not appear to be nearly as effective as the original. :(

Both public information and private communication indicate that this new Seriphos contains no serine phosphate (thus the original name Seriphos) but now, instead, contains a comparatively low amount of high quality phosphatidylserine (PS) combined with high quality anti-stress minerals. I HAD been recommending the ORIGINAL Seriphos as part of an effective sleep-promoting formula I designed (Google: "Healthy Sleep Formula" for details) but that recommendation has now been switched to Swanson Vitamin's much more expensive 300mg "triple strength" Phosphatidylserine while I search for a lower cost replacement for the original Seriphos.

If you would be so kind, PLEASE vote this review up, indicating that it was useful to you, so it will be seen by others who may otherwise base their assumptions of THIS new Seriphos upon the very positive opinions of the ORIGINAL (now discontinued) Seriphos.

Thanks very much!
/Steve.
Comment Comments (128) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2016 6:55 PM PDT

The Kasari Nexus (Rho Agenda Assimilation Book 1)
The Kasari Nexus (Rho Agenda Assimilation Book 1)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Fantastic!!, May 21, 2016
If you have already read the first two trilogies (and you do really need to before starting this one) you may wonder whether Richard could have kept the pace and grip of the previous books. If anything this one is the best so far!!! I think he's getting better.

No fan of his work and of the previous six novels, could possibly be unhappy with this 7th work. Wow. Just wow.

Wormhole (The Rho Agenda Book 3)
Wormhole (The Rho Agenda Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn, that was a great read!, May 18, 2016
I've just re-read the Rho trilogy in preparation for its successor trilogy... the first installment of which is published. These are just truly enjoyable novels... even the second time around. DEFINITELY recommended!

The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda : Book One)
The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda : Book One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Third reading... Just as enjoyable as the first., May 4, 2016
I'm rereading this trilogy in preparation for the follow-on trilogy, the first installment of which is published. It's not necessary to read the Jack Gregory trilogy before this, but it does precede this one chronologically, so you might choose to (though Richard wrote it after the strong success of this Rho Agenda series.)

There's much to like about this book. It's not a difficult read. It's breezy, relaxing and enjoyable. Not deep hard core Sci-Fi... But very satisfying. In the past I've recommended it to some large audiences and received many positive responses. I can't imagine that you would be disappointed.

/Steve.

Dead Shift (The Rho Agenda Inception Book 3)
Dead Shift (The Rho Agenda Inception Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd in the Rho Agenda prequel trilogy., April 26, 2016
This 3rd adventure with Jack and Janet was more Sci-Fi than the previous two, and for that reason I enjoyed it even more.

One of the things a most enjoy about this author is that what you want to have happen ALWAYS happens, without fail. And he also always nicely wraps up all of the loose ends. Nothing is ever left hanging. It may not be highly sophisticated... but I don't want to be annoyed. I want to be satisfied. And Richard's plots are ALWAYS satisfying.

Dead Wrong (The Rho Agenda Inception Book 2)
Dead Wrong (The Rho Agenda Inception Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Sci-Fi, but lots of fun action., April 19, 2016
While not the Sci-Fi that first brought me to this author (the Rho Agenda did that) this prequel trilogy which introduces us to the Rho Agenda's Jack "The Ripper" Gregory and Janet Price, and provides a rich backstory, is very readable and a LOT of fun. No complaints. I'm absolutely delighted that I gave this my time.

The Abyss Beyond Dreams: A Novel of the Commonwealth (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Peter Hamilton Masterwork, April 10, 2016
Okay, I admit it, I'm a complete sucker for Hamilton's work. I've read everything he's written... and not just once. Before you read this you must read The Void Trilogy. And before you read those you must read the Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained pair. And, really... the absolute best place to start would be with Fallen Dragon. I envy anyone who has these amazing pieces of truly wonderful space opera ahead of them.

As for this work... I never believe that anything I read of Hamilton's will be able to live up to everything he has already done. How could it possibly?? ... And then it does.

This does. You will love it. I guarantee it.

/Steve Gibson.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2016 12:56 PM PDT

The Potassium Supplement: Alternative Medicine for a Healthy Body (Health Collection)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT the book you (or anyone else) is looking for., January 2, 2016
My Old World grandfather, who lived to 103, used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." But even he would want me to "say something not nice" here, to warn any others away from purchasing this utter waste of non-refundable money. If you are a "Kindleholic", as I am, you will have previously encountered similar utterly worthless Kindle books. So I'm just saying... this is another one of those. I'm sure the author meant well, but I hope English is not his first language, and that he can speak some other native language correctly... because English presents a challenge he has failed. Syntax & semantics aside, there is really nothing here that Potassium's Wikipedia page won't provide (in refreshing English) for free. I hope this warning has been useful. Shop on in health.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3