Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
Profile for M. Miller > Reviews

Browse

M. Miller's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Miller RSS Feed (SF Bay Area, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
barkOutfitters Dog Vest Harness with 50 ADA Cards Kit, (22" - 28") Girth, Red
barkOutfitters Dog Vest Harness with 50 ADA Cards Kit, (22" - 28") Girth, Red
Offered by Service Tags
Price: $53.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product, Fair Price, August 11, 2016
Well designed and well made. This should last our dog for a very long time. Due to the many product rating comments indicating that the harnesses run small, I ordered one size larger. It turns out that the harness I received is a bit too big for my dog. Fortunately, the straps have a lot of adjustment and, at the very smallest settings, the harness is useable. Having shopped Amazon and other sources this was a significantly better value than other harnesses that are available.

LifeEar Left Ear Hearing Amplifier Doctor and Audiologist Designed All Digital Volume Control, Beige
Price: $379.99
2 used & new from $379.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical & Effective for Most, August 11, 2016
I purchased two LifeEar Hearing Amplifiers and have been using them with regularity for about six months. I recommend them as being a better value than hearing aids one can purchase at hearing centers and clinics.

The LifeEar is fairly basic but has the most important feature for my needs. The LifeEar has settings that enable the user to amplify just sounds in higher tones. Like many older males, I have reasonably good hearing when the person speaking has a low voice. I miss most of the conversation when the speaker has a higher pitched voice. I also miss a lot of other sounds. I don't hear some doorbells or beeping alarms. My spouse may comment on how nice the running water of a fountain sounds but I'll not hear it at all. The LifeEar changes that. It is able to selectively most of the sounds that have dropped out of my hearing.

The LifeEar has basic features, pretty much what high end hearing aids offered 15 years ago. It cancels out a lot of background noise. It gets fairly long use out of standard, easily located, hearing aid batteries. It fits behind the ear and uses fairly comfortable in-ear tubes. The LifeEar has none of the latest features, like blue tooth telephone or TV linking, Still it is a reliable device that will meet the needs of many individuals that suffer hearing loss.

The LifeEar functions as it should. The one negative I have run into with the device is that the tubes that carry sound to the ear become clogged with ear wax very, very easily. Just tiny about of wax can clog them and, once their clogged, the hearing aid doesn't work. The problem is remedied by running a tiny, stiff plastic wire through the tube. This is easily accomplished but you must have the right tool (one was supplied with my hearing aid) and the hearing aid the top of the hearing aid must be removed to clean it.

Given the price of these hearing aids, they are a terrific value. In my area they cost less than half what a hearing aid with similar qualities would run from a brick and mortar retail outlet - even a big box discount outlet.

Aylio Orthopedic Comfort Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion for Lower Back, Tailbone and Sciatica Pain Relief
Offered by Aylio Wellness
Price: $89.95
2 used & new from $39.79

4.0 out of 5 stars The pad helps a great deal and I like the design with the cut-out, August 11, 2016
I have a firm desk chair. My wife got tired of hearing me complain about it and purchased an Aylio Comfort Foam Coccyx seat. I'm sitting on it right now and have been using it almost daily for eight months.

The pad helps a great deal and I like the design with the cut-out. It really IS much more comfortable and, even after a couple of hours, my tailbone doesn't get sore. The pad is inclined to compress down to about a quarter inch thickness where most of one's weight rests. So, the user "bottom's out" and the chair still gets a bit hard. Thus, the pad would be more comfortable if the foam pad used inside were just a bit stiffer. The pad cover can be removed for washing.

While the Aylio Comfort Foam Coccyx Seat isn't exactly like sitting on a cloud, its is a BIG improvement over the pad built into most desk chairs and I recommend it.

Galaxy Note 5 Case, Caseology® [Wavelength Series] Textured Pattern Grip Cover [Navy Blue] [Shock Proof] for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Navy Blue
Offered by Caseology®
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case - Good Value, August 11, 2016
The Caseology Wavelength case is everything it claims to be. I purchased mine at the beginning of February and its been on my phone ever since. There is nothing negative I can point to. This is a good product and it comes at a reasonable price.

I've dropped the phone from waist height at least twice in that time. The phone has been bumped around and occasionally stuck into a pocket with car keys. Thanks to the case, all that has been with no ill effects. The case reduces the sleekness of the phone but doesn't add much weight or bulk. It is attractive and having it makes it easy to identify the phone. My wife and I have identical Note 5 phones but her's is in a gold-colored case and mine is in a dark blue case so we never inadvertently switch phones.

I'd definitely recommend the case to others and would purchase it again myself.

[NEW VERSION 2.0] 330 Yards Rechargeable & Weatherproof Dog Training Collar with On/Off Button & Remote | 100 Levels of Beep, Vibration & Low Voltage Electric Shock | For Small, Medium, Large Dogs
Offered by Platinum Bird
Price: $29.00
3 used & new from $26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory. Device Returned., August 11, 2016
I ordered the K9 Konnection training collar to replace another collar I've used for about 6 years. The K9 had the features I wanted. I particularly liked that the collar was capable of three ways to communicate with the dog: sound, vibration, and shock. I also liked the nylon collar which seemed sturdier than other collars that are sold with plastic collars. The screen was large and easy to read. I used the K9 collar for almost three weeks and then returned it for a refund. Ultimately I purchased the Dogtra Hunter Platinum training collar instead.

Downsides for the K9 Konnection were:
1) The nylon collar was HUGE. The only way to fit the collar to most dogs will be to cut the collar and stitch a loop in it that will hold the clip. I'd gotten the collar for a 30 pound terrier but it was far too large even for our 60 pound standard poodle.
2) The buttons on the collar are not intutitive. One button is a light. The other buttons are not clearly marked. One needs to look at the screen to confirm what mode the buttons are activating.
3) The controller light on the unit we were sent, would not turn off once it was turned on. Thus the LED light glowed day and night.
4) Compared to the collar we ultimately purchased, the K9 Konnection controller was light duty.

Dogtra Hunter 2 Dog Training Collar Platinum System 282 NCP
Dogtra Hunter 2 Dog Training Collar Platinum System 282 NCP
Offered by Quantum Wireless
Price: $269.99
39 used & new from $244.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Designed, Sturdy construction, Long Range, August 11, 2016
We've used electronic training collars for years. Just prior to purchasing the Dogtra Hunter 2, we'd purchased and then returned another collar that was unsatisfactory. I'm happy to report that the Dogtra Hunter Platinum collar exceeded my expectations. You do get what you pay for in these products. One thing to note, in ordering the collar there was another Dogtra collar, the Dogtra Element, that was $20 less. The Amazon description for the Element was almost identical. Why pay more? I took a leap of faith and ordered the "Hunter Platinum" model instead. What was clear in the materials that arrived with the product was that the Element has a 300-yard range. The Platinum has a 1/2 mile range - or 880-yards. BIG difference and, at least for me, well worth the additional $20 cost.

The Dogtra is very well designed, simple to use, sturdy, and really holds a charge. I highly recommend the product and would recommend it to others.

Coastal Pet Products DCP330218BLK Round Choke Collar for Dogs, 3/8 by 18-Inch, Black
Price: $6.53
9 used & new from $0.58

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY satisfied., August 11, 2016
The fabric Round Choke collar by Coastal Pet Products is great. Using the collar doesn't pull the dog's fur or pinch the skin. The collars are much lighter than metallic choke collars. I was a bit worried that a fabric collar would stretch and become larger. They don't. Our two dogs have been wearing these for about a month. We take our dogs for daily walks and the collars get plenty of action. They stretch when pulled, but snap right back into place. The rings are heavy duty are very securely attached. These collars will last for years. They're a very good value at the price.

VERY satisfied and we'd buy them again.

Orange Black OEM Azeca Universal Retractable Bluetooth Headset + Lanyard Pocket Case & USB Charging Cable AZM02
Offered by Karen Deals
Price: $37.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Azeca OK but not Magnificent, November 6, 2012
The Azeca retractable headset does what it is advertised to do. I got it because I thought it would be more convenient than similar & less expensive units that lacked a retractable earpiece.

However, I'd gotten the idea that when the earpiece was extended, the Azeca answers a ringing call. It does not. You need to choose to either insert the earpiece in your ear or click the button to accept the call. I find that, either way, I lose calls - especially if driving and unable to look at what I'm doing rather than fumbling by feel. If I grab for the earpiece and get it planted in my ear about half of the time the caller gives up after 3-4 rings as I'm feeling for the button on the case. If I reach for the button, callers hang up because they hear dead air or static rather than a person answering while I'm in the process of pulling out the cord.

The other issue is that the cord is very short. If I wear the Azeca around my neck, the cord only reaches to my ear if it lifts up the device. The added weight pulling down on the earpiece sometimes pulls the plug out of my ear mid-call. I can also clip the Azeca to my collar or to a pocket and it just reaches the ear. It would be a convenience if the device also provided a plug that accepted a generic cord in addition to the built in earpiece cord. Then, the Azeca could be carried on one's belt.

I like that the retractable cord does what it is supposed to do. There are no dangling wires. The Bluetooth battery lasts fairly well - about as advertised.

I use the Azeca. It's OK. But it proved better in concept than in practice for me. I'm unlikely to buy another given that reliable, name-brand Bluetooth Headsets can be had for half the price but without the retractable feature.

Stainless Steel Automatic Pet Feeder - Carbon Black
Stainless Steel Automatic Pet Feeder - Carbon Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much Perfect pet feeder, February 19, 2011
My wife & I like to socialize, we like to get out of the house, and we like to travel. When we visited friends, we used to end our evenings with, "Its late and we need to feed the dog. She'll be starving its 3 hours after her regular dinner time." When we went to New York for a week-long vacation, we tried boarding our standard poodle with a veterinarian.

Big mistake. It cost $420 to put the dog up for 7 days and the dog came home infested with fleas. It took us months and a series of treatments to rid our home and pet the fleas. Finally, when we wanted a weekend getaway, we resorted to imposing on neighbors or family members to please come and feed our dog twice a day. That got old fast.

THEN we got the Perfect Pet Feeder. It was simple to program. I actually read the instructions first. But the device is so intuitive, that the directions probably weren't necessary.

We keep the Perfect Pet Feeder in our garage and we have a doggie door in the garage leading to a fenced back yard. The pet feeder now doles out a breakfast meal, a mid-day light snack, and an evening meal. It does this, reliably, every day whether we're home or not.

Our dog loves the Perfect Pet Feeder. Every time she can get out of the house, she runs to see there is more food in her dish. I've seen her standing in the garage affectionately licking the pet feeder, just to be sure that she keeps on very good terms with this magical kibble dispenser.

We love it too. Because now, if we want to stay at a party until the wee hours or if we want to go to New York for a week, we just go. (Our dog has both a bed in our bedroom and one near the water heater in the garage. We also have an automatic water dispenser in the garage.) When we're gone there is no expense and there have been no problems at all. The Perfect Pet Feeder even has a battery back up so, even in the unlikely event of a power outage, it will still dispense her food without a hiccup. We figure that in just six months the Perfect Pet Feeder has paid for itself.

The device itself is very designed and well made. It holds enough kibble for three weeks of meals. It has been absolutely reliable and we rank it as one of the best purchases we've made. These things are NOT cheap but this is one instance where paying more is truly a good investment.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2011 9:47 AM PDT

LG : LFC25770SW Refrigerator
LG : LFC25770SW Refrigerator

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fridge Ever, May 2, 2010
This review is from: LG : LFC25770SW Refrigerator
Four months ago we purchased an LG LFC25770SW French Door Refrigerator. My husband & I LOVE this appliance. The refrigerator is very well designed & constructed. We've never had an ice box with such well used and easily accessible space. This baby holds a TON of food.
The french door design with freezer below is ideal for us. We can find things easily - no more old-very-old food lost in the recesses. The temperature settings are right there at the top front of the refrigerator when you open the door and they're digital. It's the cold we want it to be, exactly, and all the time.
Best feature is the freezer. There's a huge bin at the bottom and a slide out shelf above. When you open it everything is right there and it holds the cold in while you're browsing for the package you need. The ice maker (ours is inside the freezer not in the door) is trouble free and is tucked up in the far upper left corner of the freezer, taking very little space.
Overall, this is the best refrigerator we've EVER had. Four months later we still comment to each other about how much we like it. Definitely recommend it. Definitely would purchase it again.

Update 2.5 years later... We came home from a vacation to a very odd smell in the house. Yep, the new refrigerator had failed. It WOULD happen when we're gone for 3 weeks. It was indescribably awful to dig out the now dessicated shrimp and liquified frozen foods. We had to clean the unit 5 or 6 times carefully to remove the odor.

THEN we got a repair guy over. The approximate cost? $800. The refrigerator was just months out of warranty. Being just a little hot, I called LG. To their credit LG paid for the full cost of an out-of-warranty repair. Their support manager said, "No way should a LG refrigerator that is under 2 years old fail. Be assured we will stand behind our product and we're sorry for your inconvenience."

I had to pinch myself. This is 2012. Is it possibly that there are reputable companies left? Companies that deal with integrity and care whether customers have gotten a fair shake? The answer is yes, if you buy the LG brand. We will from now on.

Page: 1 | 2