Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Raele > Reviews

Browse

Raele's Profile

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raele RSS Feed (Austin, TX, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Wecharge(TM) 2 Pack 6FT 2 in 1 Extra Long Nylon Braided 8 pin Lightning& Micro USB Cable Charger for iPhone 6s plus/6s/6 plus/6/5/5s/5c, iPad, iPod, Samsung, HTC, Motorola &Other Smartphones (Black)
Offered by PlugGreen
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thiiiiiis Iiiiiiiis Awwwwesome!!!!!, November 6, 2015
Get it! Get it! Get it!!! It's the coolest thing ever! I had no idea there were cords like this, with the double prong sleekly included! Finally, the insult slinging between iPhone users and Androids who occupy my vehicle and need a charge, might cease!

("Hey, did you bring a car charger?"
"Is grass green?"
"That all depends on the grass."
"Haha. Here, take it."
"Ah, no, I've got an Android."
"What? How are we friends??"
"Maayn, what? Apple STINKS!!!"
"YOU stink!")

Automotive peace.

I will never buy a plastic cord again. How many have frayed at the base within weeks?! OK, sure, I know I wrap the cord around my phone, kinda tightly, but who doesn't? Don't tell me not to do that! 😡
Plus, it looks cool. All B&W and old school electric wire hipster, you know. Sweet.

This cord solves all problems, forever. How many products can say that?

Aquasana AQ-6005 18-Ounce Glass Water Bottles, 6-Pack
Aquasana AQ-6005 18-Ounce Glass Water Bottles, 6-Pack
Price: $33.80
13 used & new from $33.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly durable and difficult to break., November 6, 2015
As unbreakable as glass can get. I can't say enough good about these bottles. I had to write a review when I saw a few other reviewers that said their bottles had broken on them! That is so strange. I wonder if they frequently freeze and heat them, in other words, subject them to extreme temperatures over and over again. I have been using these bottles for years, and have never had one spontaneously break (And actually, I have sometimes put them in the freezer, or added a hot beverage. I do this very rarely, however.).
In fact, once I dropped one on my driveway, and it sort of bounced, without breaking! The only one that has broken on me was because of dropping on my concrete driveway. That time, it didn't bounce. I purchased the awesome colorful sleeves you can find that match them perfectly, but I don't always use them. I like the sleek feel of the glass without the sleeve. Either way, I wash them in the dishwasher, with or without the sleeve. I usually just do the lids by hand, since even though they are BPA-free, I still don't like to heat plastic, and I figure it might extend the longevity, I don't know.
I often end up spontaneously giving these as gifts. Along with one of the colorful sleeves. If I see a friend refilling a plastic store-bought bottle of plastic water (that's a no-no!), I do a little flip-out and gift her one of these. Great joy ensues. Try it; you'd be surprised how happy it makes people.
Glass is so seductive, in comparison to acrylic or metal. It's a little heavier, but even that is somehow reassuring. There are many ways to sustainably carry your water, but this is my favorite.

Bedtime Bliss® Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask & Moldex® Ear Plugs. Includes Carry Pouch for Eye Mask and Ear Plugs - For Travel, Shift Work & Meditation.
Offered by Deluxe Buys
Price: $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars The best! Good for REM, July 5, 2015
So happy and excited with this product! It is sometimes difficult for me to fall asleep; every little thing distracts me, light, sound, wearing anything. But this feels like silk; you forget you are wearing it. Perfectly blocks out light, and allows REM (eyelid movement) sleep. I used it on a cross country bus tour. Perfect.

Spaworks Bra Wash Bag for Delicates Lingerie and Hosiery - 3 Pack
Spaworks Bra Wash Bag for Delicates Lingerie and Hosiery - 3 Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not be worse., July 5, 2015
All three of these bags opened in the very first wash. The zipper just separated. Abysmal. I was very disappointed and upset. They are too cheap to bother with returning, however. Instead, I went to Target and got a proper and reinforced bag.

Experience Life
Experience Life
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars No magazine is perfect. But this one is close., July 5, 2015
This review is from: Experience Life (Magazine)
Wow! I don't think I read the Vani issue that is being negatively discussed here. But I will say that I don't trust any corporation, any magazine, possibly any human being. I am not surprised when 5 - 10% of the output of any entity is pure drivel and garbage. That is to be expected in an imperfect, mercenary world. But what I will say is that Experience Life is one of three magazines I consistently subscribe to, and one of the best magazines I've ever received or read. It is beyond absurd to completely write off an entire magazine for one instance of greed or stupidity or insult. The publishers of this magazine are not our loving parents or best friend. It's a company, folks. What do you expect? I would like you to show me the company that is 100% egalitarian and unfailingly demonstrative of integrity. It does not exist. Period.
I used to be a Lifetime gym member, and that's how I discovered this mag. Most of what it contains is so wonderful and inspiring, that when I stopped being a member, I just paid to continue receiving it. Sure I don't agree with everything. And rarely, some articles make me angry. But if I'm going to insist on a magazine that never offends me, never sells out, and I always agree with, I'd write it myself.
This is a GREAT magazine. I LOVE it. It contains (relatively/comparatively) very few ads. There are lots of tear-outs and actionable life changes, great workouts and recommendations. Try it.

Stud Bar Pull up Bar, Small
Stud Bar Pull up Bar, Small
Price: $126.92
4 used & new from $126.92

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's actually not bad at all, June 13, 2015
This review is from: Stud Bar Pull Up Bar (Sports)
I thought this would look hideous in our family room hanging from the ceiling, but it's actually not bad at all. And is of course, incredibly secure. A bit tricky to install; read all directions and proceed carefully. Great bar.

Hearos Earplugs, Xtreme Protection Series, 7 Count
Hearos Earplugs, Xtreme Protection Series, 7 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars They work great, are comfortable, June 12, 2015
I never go out of town or to a concert/show without a pair. They work great, are comfortable, and I get several uses out of one pair.

Platte River 941637, Hardware, Shelf And Support, Shelf Pins, Divided 5mm Shelf Pins, 20 Each
Offered by Routerbitworld
Price: $2.18
6 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 12, 2015
Beats a trip to IKEA, half an hour away! works perfectly.

Genuine Sheepskin Rug Four Pelt Ivory 4x6
Genuine Sheepskin Rug Four Pelt Ivory 4x6
Offered by NAVITZ
Price: $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I worried for naught. Great item., June 12, 2015
Great quality! I placed this in a design project of mine, mid century modern home, and it looks fantastic under a glass Noguchi kidney coffee table.

California Bungalows of the Twenties
California Bungalows of the Twenties
by Henry L. Wilson
Price: $3.99
86 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bungalows floorplans are inspirational & relevant even today., June 12, 2015
I had this book years ago, lent it to someone, never got it back, finally found and bought it again. I love this book so much. I used to own a 1914 California Bungalow in Hollywood; when we got it, we sleuthed around to bring it back to it's former glory. Books like this really helped. Fun for fantasy, too. I love these floor plans. The tiny house movement now afoot could easily use some of these "murphy bed" ideas. I love how beds pull out from walls, fully flat and made, in unexpected places. In my old house, there was a built-in desk, with a fall front, and large cabinet doors below. If you opened the doors, you could pull out a full size bed! It slid into the walls behind, half into a closet, half into the lower half of a built in wall unit of storage in the bathroom. By the time we got the house, the desk and bed where no longer where they were supposed to be, you could only see how it had worked originally, but it was very cool to see this book decode that sort of thing. In this book are one-bedroom homes that can actually sleep parents with multiple children, by means of these novel beds and multi-use rooms (den + office)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4