Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Profile for Jasper Oliver > Reviews

Browse

Jasper Oliver's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jasper Oliver RSS Feed (CHICAGO, IL, US)

Pwr+ 14 Ft AC Adapter Laptop Charger for HP Pavilion Dm3 Dm3t Dm3z; HP Folio 13 ; HP Touchsmart Tx2 Notebook Power Supply Cord Hp Spare 65W (Check connector photo)
Offered by PWR+
Price: $25.00
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected, May 16, 2014
I ordered this as a replacement of my original laptop charger and it works well. I like the 90 degree jack too. It's not as flat as some that I've seen (i.e. Apple's) but it is more practical than a straight jack. Overall this is a great product.

EAS Myoplex Carb Control Nutrition Bar, Cookies and Cream, 2.46 Oz, Pack of 12
EAS Myoplex Carb Control Nutrition Bar, Cookies and Cream, 2.46 Oz, Pack of 12

1.0 out of 5 stars Permanently disabled tastebuds., November 26, 2013
These bars are disgusting. Sure, they taste like cookies and cream if by cookies you mean dirt and cream you mean chalk. And they crumble and flake once you bite into them. I've had other EAS bars and they were decent; but these are an abomination. Do yourself a favor and get something else. Anything else.

Devicewear Detour 360 Rotating Black Vegan Leather Case for iPad 2/3/4 Case with On/Off Switch (DET-IP3-BLK)
Offered by Devicewear
Price: $24.99
61 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars First Devicewear product, but will not be the last, November 26, 2013
In short, this case is as advertised and has no issues for an iPad 3 with retina display.

This case is great. I've used it for a few months now for my iPad with retina display and it fits like a glove. My iPad does not have a scratch but at the same time this case is versatile enough to keep it from being to bulky to use. I mostly use the landscape position and love the two fixed angles you get with this case. The iPad can easily rotate to portrait view too though I rarely ever keep mine in that view.

I love the case but will nitpick a bit. You can't get the iPad to lie completely flat when the case is open. Because the case folds back over itself for the full 180 degree view, the bend in the case will prop the iPad up ever so slightly. It's not a problem for me but it was something I did not know until I started using it.

Overall, this product is great. I will definitely come back to Devicewear for future products.

Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Offered by GoTek
Price: $34.99
25 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for pull ups...but measure before you buy!, November 25, 2013
I bought this on Amazon for $28. The short summary is this is a great value pull up bar but you need to measure your door first. Here is more detail:

-It will not fit every door. Measure the width of your door's frame. I live in an older house and only one of my three eligible door frames were narrow enough so that the arms of the bar rested firm. Also, measure the width of the casing itself. One of my doorframe's casings was too wide for this workout bar. So take a look at the measurements in the product's listing page and compare with where you plan on using it!

-Don't count on using this for dips - you're only a few inches off the ground. You're better off using a sturdy chair. I know they advertise this as some versatile workout bar but don't let that be a selling point. It does pullups well; kind of adds variation to push ups; sort of assists for sit ups; and does not work for dips.

-The taller you are, the less useful this will be. I am 6 feet tall and this works with the height of my door as long as my knees are bent. Again, this really comes down to measuring. It's a little more difficult to measure but try standing in front of your door to see if your standard pull up position can work with the door and any bar.

-The setup is very simple. There are four screws total. I put it together in 10 minutes without issue. It comes with a hex tool too that works well for the screws so you don't need to break out the toolbox.

-It seems to protect the door just fine. Granted, I just started using mine but the arm and support bars are not abrasive so as to scratch the wood casing.

Essentials of Intellectual Property: Law, Economics, and Strategy
Essentials of Intellectual Property: Law, Economics, and Strategy
by Alexander I. Poltorak
Price: $35.74
48 used & new from $25.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for anyone, not just the boss, June 1, 2012
If you're looking for a solid foundation to build your IP knowledge, look no more. And this isn't just useful for the CEO, but the wannabes as well.

I am a second year law student considering taking the patent bar and was looking for a fresh perspective on IP generally without the lawyerly talk I have grown so (unfortunately) accustomed to over the past two years. This book provides exactly that and then some by poking fun at and translating the legalese along the way. I appreciate the case law and law reform which will be nice reference points (for cocktail party name-dropping) for years to come.

The authors succeed in setting the IP table with basics on patents, copyrights and trademarks, and admirably follow through on each area's significance in business practice, specifically why it is important to know what you have and how to use it. They are informative yet to the point, without sacrificing readibility on a subject that may seem daunting to the inexperienced. This book is a gem and will leave you wanting more.

Amazon Fire 7" Zip Sleeve, Graphite
Amazon Fire 7" Zip Sleeve, Graphite
62 used & new from $8.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you'd expect, December 20, 2011
First off, I do not see one thing that I would inform a potential buyer of this sleeve that contrasts what one should expect. Meaning, this sleeve is exactly what I thought I was receiving.

It fits my Kindle Fire snugly and securely. The padding is not immense, but I did not expect a great amount or want that much since I wanted a sleeve, not a case. The feature I appreciate most in the Fire is its slenderness, therefore I only wanted a sleeve to add a bit of added protection without the cost of adding too much bulk. This sleeve does exactly that for me.

Secondly, in regards to the infamous "smell," I did not experience that with mine. It could be an earlier production method that caused the problem for some of the reviewers, but when I stuck my nose to my Fire, I smelled precisely what I would expect a sleeve to smell like...in other words, I barely smelled anything and would have never even attempted to find out the smell but for the earlier reviews discussing it (which still hold merit!). Perhaps only the manufacturer and/or Amazon could tell us for sure if something was changed in the manufacturing process.

Lastly, I am OK with the price (gasp!). You should always expect first party companies to charge a premium for their hardware's accessories. There are higher profit margins to be gained from the unnecessary "stuff" than the original hardware. Is the material and design worth 30 dollars? Absolutely not. But given this sleeve 1) has Amazon's name, 2) is intended for an Amazon product, and 3) is made solely for this particular model (Fire) of Amazon's hardware (Kindle), I am comfortable paying a bit more than a 3rd party product that in addition to not be developing for its own equipment, could be soliciting products that are intended for different models of hardware.

With that said, I rate this product 5 out of 5 stars.