Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM
Profile for M. Torres > Reviews

Browse

M. Torres' Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Torres RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Chicco DJ Baby Walker Safari (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Chicco DJ Baby Walker Safari (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Walker, April 4, 2008
Well done, Chicco! It is kind of expensive for a walker but the quality and thoughtful design are worth it. And seeing my little guy zipping around with a smile on his face the second we put him in it was priceless. :)
+ Smooth ride, very easy for baby to maneuver
+ Height is adjustable; the lowest setting is just right for my average-height 6.5 month old. I'm happy to know it will grow with him.
+ Funky, modern designs; Gender neutral patterns and colors
+ Folds down fairly flat, feels light but sturdy
+ Smooth lines, no ugly toys or gimmicky themes all over it
+ Removable DJ toy tray; clever interface with "real-world" details that my musician husband appreciates, like a joystick, drumpad, jog/shuttle wheel that trigger appropriate sounds/effects
+ Animals sounds, music and scales are fun and not too annoying (yet)
~ Colors are slightly less saturated than they appear on screen, but still sunny and pleasant
~ My home has all hardwood floors and does not have stairs so I can't speak to the performance on carpeting or efficacy of the safety bumpers.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tool for cleaning up cables - finally, SANITY!, January 27, 2008
I did a lot of research before settling on this low-tech way to clean up the tangled mess of cables behind my desk. Two towers, speakers, external hard drives, printer, scanner, and a bunch of peripherals = a lot of cables to manage. While they are lightweight/thin and not what I would consider "industrial strength", they are strong enough to hold all different kinds of cables, from stiffer/heavier monitor or power cables to thin adapter cables. I was able to clean up all the cables with about 20 of these cable ties and now I can't wait to use them all around the house! These ties are the most convenient, adjustable, reusable, reasonably-priced cable organization solution. I am very happy with this purchase and with the end result.

Boppy Rock In Comfort Travel Swing (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Boppy Rock In Comfort Travel Swing (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars OK Swing with Great Portability and Looks, December 15, 2007
In general, it seems your mileage may vary with swings -- some babies love it, some don't. We liked that this one wasn't a huge investment of money and space for a relatively short-lived item.

The Boppy Swing has served many purposes for us actually. As a very newborn (up until 6 weeks), our son didn't like his crib so the swing became the main napping spot and bassinet. We found the seat to be too deep for a newborn though, so we cushioned him more with folded blankets for better support/posture. In terms of the motion, at first he liked it and it helped him fall asleep; now at 3 months, he doesn't actually like or need the swinging so much, but it's still a handy place to put him down.

Pros:
+ LOVE that it's light and folds very easily and compactly. You can just take it from room to room (great for the kitchen, living room, trip to grandma's, and apartments).
+ Looks good: nice understated colors; the bees are adorable
+ Pleasant music
+ Swinging is nice and gentle
+ Battery life is good; haven't changed the batteries yet with medium use

Cons:
- The curvature of the seat doesn't seem that comfortable for small babies; the pillow is thin and not adjustable
- Not very powerful; it takes a little while to get swinging; babies motion is strong enough to interfere with swing motion at times
- Watch your hands while opening the legs (I stupidly pinched myself badly one time.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coverage and pretty!, December 15, 2007
Yes, it's kind of expensive for what it is, but it's so pretty and great for those who are even the slightest bit modest about breastfeeding in public. Now I feel like I'm not offending prudes or attracting weirdos, and can breastfeed with confidence!

Pros:
+ Easy to use, minimal or no adjusting really
+ Rolls compactly
+ Great coverage, even with wriggly infant (though I've only been using it for 3 mos now...)
+ Pretty!

Cons:
- Expensive
- Yes, it screams "Look at me, I'm breastfeeding!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality nursing tank - I own two!, December 14, 2007
These tank tops are so great -- excellent quality and very convenient. I got one in black and white. I'm a 36B/C and ordered a Large. The top fits great, while the cut is nice and generous in the tummy for covering up postpartum bulges.

Pros:
+ Thick cotton
+ Adjustable straps!!!
+ Quality construction, very supportive with built-in bra
+ Generous cut in the tummy (almost too much so...)

Cons (minor):
- Can be warm/makes me a little sweaty in the elastic areas
- Doesn't look as a flattering as a regular tank top for layering or just wearing alone, since the straps are like bra straps and cut is long, bulky, and shapeless
- this doesn't happen to me, but I can see how the inner cut-out part for the breasts can pop up above the outer flap cover - I imagine this might have to do with body build or sizing? not sure...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, lightweight support, December 14, 2007
This bra is very comfortable for sleeping and lounging around the house. On occasion, I prefer to wear this style of bra going out, say with V-necks tops or wraps, because it looks better (no bulky straps, flaps, or snaps). The fabric is smooth, breathable, and very thin/lightweight (though it provides more support than you would think for this type of bra). It's very easy to hand-wash just in case. As a 36B/C, I ordered a Large and it fits fine.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2008 9:10 PM PDT

Babylicious Receiving Blanket Blue
Babylicious Receiving Blanket Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but too small, too thin, not very soft, December 14, 2007
These blankets have cute designs that look great in photos, but I'm not sure what they're good for... They're too small for swaddling, too thin, not very soft, and expensive for this poor quality. At the moment, I have been using Carter's (softer, less expensive -- good for everyday, around the house) and the SwaddleDesigns Ultimate Receiving Blanket (thick, soft, gorgeous for going out) instead.

Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe 100% Cotton Flannel, Small, Sage Gingham (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok for a while, but doesn't grow with your baby, December 14, 2007
The SwaddleMe blanket seems good in theory, and reasonably priced, but what makes it easy to use is also its design flaw. The velcro pads and length limit the use of this thing to after newborn until about 2.5 months for an average size baby. This may be ok for your baby, but I plan to swaddle my baby beyond this age.

I got this in a Small and it was HUGE on my 6lb newborn son. The velcro tabs extended way beyond the gripping pads and left his shoulders/arms all hanging out and loose. I would return to the crib to see the blanket had shimmied its way up and over his face. (Dangerous! I did not like that, and I almost ceased to use the blanket from that point forward...)

After a few weeks he grew into it and it worked fine, nice and snug, and baby slept well. Then at about 2.5 months, he grew to be average length/weight according to his pediatrician. In the SwaddleMe, his legs more than reached the bottom of the pouch and the velcro tabs didn't make it around his upper body. Also, the flannel has very little stretch.

Pros:
+ Works well for about 6 weeks or so
+ Light weight flannel
+ Only slightly easier than wrapping a baby with a competitive swaddling product or regular swaddling blanket

Cons:
- Not for small newborn babies or average to large 3 month olds
- Short-lived; it doesn't grow well with baby
- Velcro tabs kind of tricky to use; leaving the bottom tab secured seems to make it easier to use.

I recommend the Miracle Blanket instead if you want a "pre-swaddled" blanket. (Though I would say both the SwaddleMe and Miracle Blanket allow a lot of room in the leg pouch for kicking...) Or, the flat SwaddleDesigns ultimate receiving blanket instead.

Babylicious Sit and Spit Cloths - Blue
Babylicious Sit and Spit Cloths - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, thick, soft, absorbent and cute!, December 14, 2007
I have other burp cloths, but these double flannel Babylicious cloths are the ones I reach for all the time.

Pros:
+ thick
+ soft on baby's skin
+ super absorbent
+ light/good size for diaper bag
+ cool designs

Cons:
- Expensive just for baby to spit up on
- A little small (but this is also a positive, as I find I don't need more surface area because they are so absorbent)

The First Years Spin Stack Drying Rack
The First Years Spin Stack Drying Rack
Price: $11.47
25 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good drying rack, December 12, 2007
This is a good drying rack. At first I thought this was an unneccessary purchase, so I didn't register for one. As soon I had pump parts, bottles, nipples, etc. lying all over paper towels on my counter top, I realized this would be a good thing to have!

Positives:
+ Moderately priced
+ Does a good job of holding and drying lots of bottles and tiny pump parts
+ It has an adjustable height

A couple of niggly negatives:
- Drip drawer is ridiculous/unnecessary and just kind of sits there loose underneath the unit
- The bottom rack doesn't really turn easy

Page: 1 | 2