Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Profile for †Faith♥*¨*•.¸¸♥† > Reviews

Browse

†Faith♥*¨*...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

†Faith♥*¨*•.¸¸♥† RSS Feed (USA)

Mini Royal European Wood International Chess Set - 12-1/4'' x 12-1/4''
Mini Royal European Wood International Chess Set - 12-1/4'' x 12-1/4''
Offered by River Colony Trading
Price: $27.85
3 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An AWESOME!!! Chess Set, November 3, 2014
After reviewing a variety of sets, I decided on this one because of the size, color, and detail of the board, and detail/colors of the pieces - which remind me of chocolate chips and cookie dough. The pawns are unusual but cute - kind of like chocolate kisses - and the bishops and rooks are easily distinguished from each other, which I saw might be a problem with other sets. Visually and size-wise it's just right, because I'm used to playing against the computer, and this just-over-12-inch size board is perfect for me - not too big and not too small - to do *battle* on. It is however advertized as having magnetic chessmen, which it does not - although this is a detail I wasn't really looking for because I'm not going to use it as a portable/travel set. In my opinion this is an excellent quality set for the money, and it looks like they've also lowered the price! I would however advise they change one of the pictures where it looks like the king is a broken piece - which I've had no problem with - the pieces are beautiful and intact and store very nicely inside the board. I would consider another set from Wegiel for a gift or should I decide to size up or down on a board with notation, as I am very happy with this purchase!

LG Cosmos Touch Phone (Verizon Wireless)
LG Cosmos Touch Phone (Verizon Wireless)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, November 13, 2011
Have had this phone for five months and it works fine. I basically only use it for the call and texting features - mostly texting - and they both work great. I haven't had the problems of the phone shutting off or loosing texts (unless I delete them). Turning some of the settings off (like keypad sounds and the vibration level), and shortening the backlight helps to preserve the battery life; I use this phone every day, but only charge it once or twice a week, and I wait until it's down to one bar before fully charging it...

With texting, 'Sent' and 'Draft' are accessible through the icons at the top of the screen - and can be locked/unlocked/deleted that way, or erased at the bottom of the screen after reading the text.

The keyboard is a nice one, although it's a little bigger than my other phone, which I guess would be a good thing for most people. There's different wallpaper to choose from, and it can be sized - or use your own pic. There are a few different display themes as well - but anything that's animated, including wallpaper, will use up the battery faster.

I do use the alarm and calendar often, and there are various sounds and settings that can be used for these features. Plus, little icons can be moved to the main screen (I have the alarm clock there), for quick access.

I don't have Facebook or Twitter, but for those who want to pay more for data, it's an option. I don't use this phone for the internet - but everything else works well, including the voice command feature. Plus it'll read your texts to you, and although I don't use this feature often, it's nice to have.

Motorola Rival A455 Phone, Purple (Verizon Wireless)
Motorola Rival A455 Phone, Purple (Verizon Wireless)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, October 30, 2009
This is my first qwerty phone, and I am very happy with it. As I know of the other phones available, I knew what I wanted and what I didn't want. I did not want anything too big. This is the perfect size for me, plus the keyboard is bigger than some as you turn it sideways to slide it open. I have read many reviews and wanted to write one as I'm happy with the design (which is cute and purple=), and the performance of this phone, but a customer should know what it is that they like and don't like. I did not want a touch screen either, and this one has a few features on the touch screen that work great so I have no complaints. The sound is excellent, it has a lot of great features (I've got a signature on my outgoing texts, and a different ringtone for some of my contacts - although they could each have their own!); the alarm works great and I use my notepad and calculator constantly. I've had it for almost two months with no problems.

Generally speaking, the manufacturers of these products should keep in mind that most people, including teens, keep their phones in their pockets; and too, drop them - so durability is a desired quality as well.

*Update: I've had this phone for almost five months, dropped it once or twice, and it's still fine. Plus I've used the voice command feature, which works great and is very convenient. There's a button for speaker phone, or if you slide the phone open the speaker phone automatically operates. So, I'm still very happy with this purchase.

Update: Well, it's been over a year and I'm still happy with this product. It's held up well despite having been dropped a couple of times. Talked to someone else who has one, and she is happy with hers as well. When other people have tried it, they tend to activate the touch features unintentionally, which I also did when I first got it. However, once I knew where the touch features were and learned how to use them, they've worked fine.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2011 3:17 PM PST

Time to Say Goodbye (Con Te Partirò) (Piano Vocal, Sheet music)
Time to Say Goodbye (Con Te Partirò) (Piano Vocal, Sheet music)
Offered by Lafayette Music
Price: $3.99
7 used & new from $2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music!, July 9, 2009
Love this song for the piano/keyboard. Along with the lyrics, this sheet music contains the translation in English as well.

Read Me a Rhyme Please. A Poetry Prime for Preschool through 2nd grade.
Read Me a Rhyme Please. A Poetry Prime for Preschool through 2nd grade.
by Barbara Beyer Malley
Price: $32.00
33 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting poetry for all ages, April 21, 2009
As a child of (almost) twelve, I read a most imaginative poem entitled, "The Laughing Willow" in a children's magazine. Written by Ernestine Cobern Beyer (4 August 1893 - 13 Dec 1972), it tells of a misbehaving young willow tree, that will not weep despite the efforts of its melancholy family. That endearing poem is included in this book for children, which also offers instructions for teachers & students on the creative process of writing rhyming poetry. Compiled by Ernestine's daughter, author Barbara Beyer Malley, it contains some (but not all) of the delightful works written by this award winning yet little known American treasure. The poetry of Ernestine Cobern Beyer stands up well to all the better known rhyming poets of this day, as well as the classics of past masters, as her work is of the same caliber of excellence & timelessness. If you possess a strong sense of wonder & whimsy, (or want to:) I highly recommend it!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2015 8:37 PM PDT

The Phantom of the Opera (Widescreen Edition)
The Phantom of the Opera (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Gerard Butler
Price: $4.50
179 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breathtaking Masterpiece, April 18, 2009
This movie was my formal introduction to this story, & the compelling character of Erik, aka the Phantom, O. G. & the Angel of Music. I found the music & the overall story itself to be hauntingly beautiful, & purchased the 2 disc widescreen edition. Thought the choice of people who played the various roles to be superb, understanding that the cast from the original musical was excellent as well. As far as the story itself goes, it was well presented, the music was incredible - & the end scenes one unexpected occurrence after the other. I also found Erik's experiences as a child to be horrific, finding myself praying that there was hope for his tormented, lonely soul after the end of the scene in his lair. I do enjoy musicals when they are well done, & this was the best of the best, being a truly magnificent production.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2011 7:48 AM PDT

The Phantom of Manhattan
The Phantom of Manhattan
by Frederick Forsyth
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I got it, April 18, 2009
Every Phantom sequel I have read, while none the book I'd have written, has been done, I believe, thoughtfully. That would include this one. Written pre-"Gerik," my formal introduction to this character, I found this story to be interesting & imaginative. I did not consider Mr. Forsyth's opinion of Mr. Leroux's work to be overly unkind, but merely his explanation of the thought process behind his own work. I did not find the references to better known people of the day to be out of place, & was pleasantly surprised that Mr. Forsyth included a quote by the oft overlooked writer, G. K. Chesterton. Most authors do their best to incorporate the characteristics of the already known character into their sequels. This one depicts Erik as a man struggling, then succeeding to some degree, to survive in a world he believes will not accept him as he is, using some of the ways that we know he knows best - that being mostly his creative genius. The other characters, too, behaved as I would imagine they would in the set of circumstances they met in this particular tale. Again, not the way I would continue his story, but I still enjoyed it, & consider this a welcome addition to my collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 3:44 PM PDT

Deception: A Phantom Of The Opera Novel
Deception: A Phantom Of The Opera Novel
by Shirley Yoshinaka
Price: $13.95
38 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope there's a sequel to this sequel!, October 26, 2008
Shirley Yoshinaka offers an excellent continuation of our dear Erik's story, sans Christine or even sweet, strong Meg. In this story, Erik struggles to come to grips without his beloved Christine - as he should - and prepares to live his life alone. All the facets of his personality are present in this well-told tale, without too much of one trait or the other overwhelming him & ultimately, us. I've read other sequels; they all have their moments of brilliance, but IMO this one tops them all and is the best of the best. If you're not opposed to a story where Erik leaves Paris altogether, join him on this journey that he starts out alone and hold on tight - you won't be disappointed!

Divining Divinity
Divining Divinity
by Joseph Pearce
Price: $10.95
17 used & new from $2.06

5.0 out of 5 stars *Get them..., May 17, 2008
This review is from: Divining Divinity (Hardcover)
A great man once said something along the lines of, "You can get to know a great man, through the great works he has written."

The paraphrased quote above was said by biographer Joseph Pearce, in reference to the many great men he has written about. Now, it is his turn. This is our chance to get to know him. After having read this book easily in one sitting, I would rather review it now than after having read it many times, and give my rough first impression.

It begins and ends the same way - with awe and humble thanksgiving in acknowledgement of the Divineness of Love. In between, we find words that bring different pictures to mind, the illustrations that accompany them (done by Jef Murray), starkly presented. Beyond that, I'll give away the chillingness of, "Preyer" - and the pointed whimsy to be found in, "The Hedgehog."

But not a word more.

*This book, and the Map of the Directions to which its point points.

The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On
The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On
by Dawn Eden
Price: $9.32
131 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Survivor's Guide, December 2, 2006
& a gift for adults who have found that the attitude of anything-goes heralded today has been falsely advertised. Dawn Eden writes of her experiences and background as a NYC rock historian & journalist, who has chosen to reject the mores dictated by today's society. She has stated the reason why, and the soul-ution to her decision to, as early twentieth-century writer G. K. Chesterton wisely advised, "BREAK the Conventions, and KEEP the Commandments."