Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Mark Rogers > Reviews

Browse

Mark Rogers' Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark Rogers RSS Feed (Greenwood, SC United States)

Energizer CHM4FC Battery Charger High Energy
Energizer CHM4FC Battery Charger High Energy
Offered by 21st-Century-Goods
Price: $38.30
8 used & new from $36.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost efficient? Not sure... But it works great!!!, September 10, 2001
I bought this charger and a lot of the ACCU batteries for work. We are using them in flashlights and NightVision goggles. This charger is great. It charges the batteries in a quick mode, then trickle charges.
For us, that's great! We've got a small bin for new batteries, and one for used. When the charger is free, we put four more batteries on and walk away... It is really nice to not worry about when to take them off. And we have plenty, so we don't have to worry about the length of the charging cycle.
This charger also will accomodate AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V. That's great!!! We can put our MiniMagLite batteries on the same charger as the D-Cell MagLite batteries! This is a really good buy, and I've saved a lot of money for our company using the ACCU system.

Energizer CHM4AAWB ACCU Battery Charger
Energizer CHM4AAWB ACCU Battery Charger

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use the charger, September 10, 2001
The batteries that come in the pack are great! The charger leaves more to be desired. This charger must be unplugged each time it is used in order to reset an internal timer. I guess that is one way to work it, but maybe a small reset switch would have been a better design idea.
If you buy these batteries and the larger charger, it is a much better combination.

Energizer Recharge Power Plus AA 2300 mAh Rechargeable Batteries, Pre-Charged, 4 count
Offered by West Distribution
Price: $11.25
210 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm using these in Flashlight and NightVision Goggles, September 10, 2001
I'm using these batteries at work in Flashlights and NightVision goggles. They are absolutely fantastic. I have spent less than 2% of the yearly battery budget on these batteries. We should have already spent nearly 35% of that budget by now! We will have to see how they hold up for the long run, but for normal AA applications, these batteries are fantastic.
Buy these batteries for work. You'll make yourself look like management material (once you remove your spine.)

The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary (Kodansha Dictionaries)
The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary (Kodansha Dictionaries)
by Jack Halpern
34 used & new from $10.45

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Have" for the serious learner, September 10, 2001
This is a great selection for a learner. I have been studying Japanese for a very short time, and it is quite difficult to read a newspaper, letter, or anything other than children's books (due to the large number of kanji symbols found in normal text.) As a beginner, the most useful tool in this book is five pages of the most commonly used kanji symbols used in Japanese text. 2000 kanji symbols, ranked by frequency of use, are listed in an easy to use table. This table references the location of detailed kanji information.
Subsequent investigation of the symbol will show the exact method of handwriting the symbol. The book goes into advanced knowledge (which I have yet to actually use) that the more advanced student will appreciate.
This book is truly a useful tool for beginners as well as the more advanced person. I was told by my Japanese tutor that this book is the most complete American version of a Japanese kanji dictionary she had ever seen.

Let's Learn Japanese Picture Dictionary (Let's Learn...Picture Dictionary Series)
by Marlene Goodman
49 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., May 20, 2001
This is actually a very well written and illustrated book. The problem is that I am a beginner. This book has hiragana, katakana, and kanji all mixed on the same pages. I am not quite ready for kanji. If you are, the book is perfect. For the true beginner, you may wish to hold off on this book until you learn hiragana and katakana in complete detail!

The Usborne First Thousand Words in Japanese: With Easy Pronunciation Guide  (English and Japanese Edition)
The Usborne First Thousand Words in Japanese: With Easy Pronunciation Guide (English and Japanese Edition)
by Heather Amery
Price: $12.95
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children or new Japanese students!, May 20, 2001
I'm an engineer for a Japanese company here in the US and I recently began learning Hiragana and Katakana. This book is fantastic to begin building your vocabulary. The pages are set up by topic and have the romanji and either hiragana or katakana. This book has no Kanji! I prefer that at the beginning of my learning, I see no Kanji. It is just too confusing!
I also have a three-year-old son that has looked at this book also. I'm simply amazed at how quickly he has picked up everything that I've read to him. Each word has a picture and he quickly recognizes it. He certainly can't read either the Japanese or English, but he can pick up the language very easily!
This a great addition to either a children's library or the new Japanese student's.

Remembering the Hiragana: A Complete Course on How to Teach Yourself the Japanese Syllabary in 3 Hours
by James W. Heisig
36 used & new from $1.24

3.0 out of 5 stars OK If you've never looked at Hiragana, May 20, 2001
This book takes a non-traditional approach to learning Hiragana. I am unsure if it would work for me or not, since I have already started learning Hiragana in the traditional method. The book is quite useful for me in one regard: each character has the printed Japanese version, the handwritten Japanese version, the kanji printed version, and the calligraphy kanji version. The book also gives the stroke order and recommendations on writing Hiragana also.
The book asks that you learn in a different method than in the dictionary order of phonetic alphabet, but the pages are in that order. Therefore, the bottom of each page refers you to the next page in order of how the author prefers you to learn. It is not confusing, just annoying.

Beginner's Kana Workbook
Beginner's Kana Workbook
by Fujihiko Kaneda
Price: $14.00
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The FIRST book to buy when learning Japanese., May 20, 2001
I work for a Japanese company here in the US, and learning Japanese for me is essential to my job. I not only see print, but handwriting on a daily basis. This book is fantastic!
It shows the reader exactly how to make the strokes, in what order the strokes are made, and implied relation between Hiragana and Katakana. This is truly the first book to buy when learning Japanese. You must be able to identify the characters before building a sufficient vocabulary!
This is better than the worksheets we get here in the US when learning English. You will be glad that you bought this book!!!