Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School
Profile for J. Martin > Reviews

Browse

J. Martin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Martin RSS Feed (Texas)

Lavazza Super Crema Espresso - Whole Bean Coffee, 2.2-Pound Bag (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $19.50
32 used & new from $19.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst coffee I have ever tasted., July 1, 2012
I always take negative reviews with a grain of salt, especially when there are plenty of good reviews, and even with the one star ratings I read here first, figured I'd give it a try. After pulling a dozen shots through my Gaggia Espresso, trying different grinds, tamp pressure, etc., I could not even drink this stuff. This was the worst, most bitter, stale tasting coffee I have ever pulled through my espresso machine. I was getting perfect 25 second doubles and the crema was wonderful but the taste was horrible. I normally don't write reviews, but in this case, wanted to warn anyone thinking of trying this to think twice. The rest of the beans will be going into the trash as this stuff is not drinkable in any form. This stuff doesn't even rate one star. Also didn't notice the "no return" policy on this before buying. What a waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2012 4:27 PM PDT

AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker with Bonus 350 Micro Filters
AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker with Bonus 350 Micro Filters
Offered by Barista Lab
Price: $33.90
10 used & new from $33.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, June 30, 2009
When my drip maker died, I went looking for a new coffee maker and came across this device. Every since receiving it, this is the only coffee I drink now. This is a great little coffee maker, and makes a fairly decent espresso as well. I use an electric kettle to heat the water in, and experimented with water amount and time so I know exactly how long to heat the water to get the proper temperture without having to use a thermometer each time. With this device, I can go from start to drinking coffee in well under 3 minutes. I did find that when making my morning "Americano" that the recommended level scoop of finely ground coffee made it too weak for my tastes. I found about a scoop and half works well for me, even though I now go through more coffee than I used to. This device takes an espresso grind, very fine, so either grind your own coffee or have it finely ground. If you try using a normal drip grind, you will probably be dissappointed. Clean up is too easy. Pop the used coffee puck in the trash, a quick rinse, and it is ready for the next cup or storage. I normally don't write reviews on anything, but this device deserves one. Just follow the instruction's (especially the part about stirring before pressing), and experiment a little to find the right combination for your taste. Bottom line, I love this device and won't be going back to drip coffee again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2010 6:38 AM PDT