Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for Gen of North Coast Gardening > Reviews

Browse

Gen of North Coa...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2033
Top Reviewer Ranking: 288

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gen of North Coast Gardening RSS Feed (California)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sony GTKXB7BC High Power Home Audio System with Bluetooth (Black)
Sony GTKXB7BC High Power Home Audio System with Bluetooth (Black)
Price: $278.00
6 used & new from $271.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, easy speaker to set up - great sound and a protective metal grill make it a good choice for those with small kids, May 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a good sturdy speaker. I like how it has a metal grill over the more delicate parts of the speaker. It prevents accidental damage by my kids and pets, who like to poke claws and curious fingers into our other speakers. The handles built into either end make it way easier to carry, and it has rubber bumpers that allow it to work equally well vertical or on its side. The controls make sense and are easy to use.

The lights are a fun addition, and the option to use the flashy strobe lights is surprisingly fun. I had expected them to be irritating, but turning down my room lights and playing a game of Just Dance with the kids made me wish we had a whole set of flashy speakers. The lights are mesmerizing, more like a lightning storm than a strobe light, and they did a great job programming them to take their cues from the music. There are multiple lighting modes, and they can be turned off.

The only minor complaint I have is the lack of different connector types. It's a big speaker with plenty of space.

Adapters aren't hard to come by, and Bluetooth is a great feature. Connecting a thumb drive full of music was easy and intuitive.

Overall we are thrilled with this addition to our sound system. It sounds great, is easy to set up and doesn't take a techie to do so, and the lights give it an extra boost of fun.

Ubbi Adjustable Toilet Trainer with Built-in Handles, Gray
Ubbi Adjustable Toilet Trainer with Built-in Handles, Gray
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Seat sprinkles galore when used with a boy, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't understand why, because it has a splash guard, but I'm getting worse boy-sprinkles on the toilet seat using this one, which has a splash guard, than my fisher price one, which doesn't.

The seat needs wiping down often after use, and the hole is pretty tiny so it makes my 2.5 year old a little anxious that he's positioned correctly on it for things to go in rather than on the seat.

I'd recommend it for small girls only. I do like the streamlined look that would be easier to travel with or store. But with a son I can't recommend it due to the messiness that occurs on MY toilet seat when is used.

Jarrow Formulas Ultra Bone-Up, 240 Count
Jarrow Formulas Ultra Bone-Up, 240 Count
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $27.57

5.0 out of 5 stars I appreciate an animal source of calcium as I haven't fully trusted the algae of vitamin code, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I stepped away from Jarrow for a bit to dabble in Vitamin Code brand, I frankly have not been very happy with it in comparison to Jarrow and New Chapter. I think their emphasis on plant materials is sometimes not as effective as the occasional use of animal products.

Though I'm young enough not to need my bones tested, so it's hard to say for sure if this is having an impact, I think bovine bones are a better source of calcium than algae which is used in vitamin code.

I'm taking this to help regain nutrients after pregnancy, and because Ray Peat suggested calcium might be helpful in cases of high blood pressure, which I developed during my last pregnancy and didn't go away. While it has not yet helped the high blood pressure, I'm hoping it will help my bones.

Nuby 10 Piece Soft Terry Baby Washcloth Set, Blue, 9" x 9"
Nuby 10 Piece Soft Terry Baby Washcloth Set, Blue, 9" x 9"
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, thin cloths, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've got about six brands of wash cloth for baby, and these are one of my least favorite, along with Luvable Friends brand. So thin you can see through them, they need to be washed in a lingerie bag so they don't get stuck inside my washing machine and break it, as one luvable friends one did to me. Though they are soft, you can find ones made of bamboo that are twice as thick and still as soft and gentle. Skip this cheap set.

Born Free Breeze 5 oz. Glass Bottle, 1-Pack
Born Free Breeze 5 oz. Glass Bottle, 1-Pack
Price: $12.37
8 used & new from $12.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A curved, not too heavy glass bottle, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Finally! A glass baby bottle that is easy to hold, has decent flow, and isn't too heavy.
I've gotten increasingly concerned about silicone bottles and kitchen implements, especially for warm items, so this is a welcome change from the Comotomo line I've been using. The vent does stick shut and need to be pressed open before using, but as long as you know to unstuck it before using its no big deal.

I like the contours which are similar to comotomo. Glad to have the option of glass.

Virtual Reality VR Headset for 3D Video Movie Game Glass with Focal & Pupil Distance Adjustment for 4.0-5.5 Smart Phones (Version 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to VR, May 4, 2016
This is my first cell phone VR attachment. The included instructions are pretty sparse, but it isn't terribly complicated. Snap on the white part, clip your phone into the black part, and slide it in like a drawer. There is a clear plastic lens protection that needs to be peeled off.

Once assembled, there are sliders for each lens that let you adjust for the distance between your eyes or compensate if you put the phone in a little off center. It is well padded and the straps are effective and adjustable via velcro.

This seems like a good way to try out VR without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a high end system. Most of what we found to look at, like Buckingham Palace, was pretty pixelated and grainy, but it's exciting to be in on new technology.

First Alert P1010 10-Year Photoelectric Smoke and Fire Alarm
First Alert P1010 10-Year Photoelectric Smoke and Fire Alarm
Price: $34.97
57 used & new from $30.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny and effectively designed!, May 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great little fire alarm. I'm so sick of those big clunky ones that seem to be mostly empty plastic and are always complaining for more batteries in the middle of the night. This one is not much bigger than a champagne cork, the battery supposedly lasts ten years, and it doesn't feel like it has any wasted space. The test button is easy to push and just makes noise while you are holding it down, so you don't have to deafen yourself every time you want to check it. It sat in my kitchen for a week without complaining about my cooking skills.

I waved it over some smoke and it does indeed work.

Isabella's Clearly SOFT, 2 Oz. Gentle Face & Body Oil Serum for Smooth Healthy Hydrated Skin. Anti-Aging, Anti-Wrinkle. Skin Healing Moisturizer including Vitamin E Oil, Almond Avocado and Camellia
Offered by Isabella's Clearly
Price: $20.98
2 used & new from $20.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Much faster to apply than body lotion, May 1, 2016
This has become my go to skin treatment instead of using lotion, because with a tiny baby and a toddler, anything that shaves a minute off my getting ready time is much appreciated.

The oil is lightly scented with essential oils, and soaks in quickly so I can get dressed almost immediately after applying. My physical therapist and exercise class I go to both have scent free policies, and this scent disappears almost immediately and so is great for those days when I want to moisturize without perfumes and heavy fragrances.

I really love this and wonder why I waited so long to try an oil treatment instead of lotion. My skin feels great and is a lot faster to apply. A little goes a long way.

I received a sample for review but opinions are my own.

Damero Women Lightweight Quilted Shopping Totes, Everyday Top Handle Handbags, Black
Offered by Damai

5.0 out of 5 stars Study yet stylish little black bag great for running errands, May 1, 2016
I really like this sleek yet moderately roomy little bag, it's the perfect size and shape for when u have a free errands to run and need a reusable song bag to put it all in, but don't want the bulk of my usual reusable grocery bags. This fits a few grocery items along with my book, keys, and wallet with no problem. I only wish the metal tag were silver or dark steel color instead of fake gold.
I also like the comfy handles. I've been using this every week for going to exercise class and then to pick up groceries for dinner and is worked really well. Sturdy and stylish.
I received a sample for review but opinions are my own.

ShiRui L10 Wireless Gaming Mouse Silent Click with 6 Buttons 3 Adjustable DPI for PC, Laptop and Mac
Offered by DandeLion
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great silent mouse, ideal for small to medium hands, May 1, 2016
I've reviewed about a dozen different mice over the years, from weighted customizable gaming mice down to ultra portable models. This is the second mouse I've gotten from this company, and I was enthusiastic to get it, because the last one they sent me has turned out to be what I like best for my day to day use.

This one has the same feature set. It's a bit smaller than I would have chosen as a man with medium to large hands, but I barely notice. It has a low profile wireless USB dongle that fits fine behind the locking door on the front of my computer case. I like that it has standard batteries, and they've yet to run out on me. The shape and scroll wheel are good, and the button arrangements don't get in the way. Precision/pointer speed is a great button to have on the mouse.

Those are all just things they did a good job of, but what really sets it a notch above in my opinion is the silent buttons. You can still feel the click, but you can't hear it. No more waking up the baby in my lap with mouse clicks!
Though I received a sample for review the opinions are my own.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20