Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Profile for Gen of North Coast Gardening > Reviews

Browse

Gen of North Coa...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2032
Top Reviewer Ranking: 288

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gen of North Coast Gardening RSS Feed (California)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
VastFire 850nm 5W IR Zoomable LED Infrared Tactical Flashlight Torch Outdoor Sports Hunting Watching Lantern Camping Night Vision AA/14500 (Black) (Torch Only)
Offered by Vastfire
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and small, well-constructed, and runs on a single AA, August 23, 2016
This is an interesting product, in that it is a flashlight that doesn't put out much visible light. It is obviously meant to be used with some sort of night vision. Note that if you are trying to sneak up on someone, it does put out a visible glow about equivalent to a lit cigarette.
My smartphone was able to see it, but not well enough to navigate effectively by the camera.
My Flir-One infrared camera just got really smooth looking where the beam landed. I think it is built to see heat, which is a longer wavelength.
My baby monitor on the other hand saw the beam very clearly and effectively, so it does do what it claims.
The flashlight itself is nice and small, well constructed, and has a clean, round, adjustable beam. Running on a single AA is very convenient.

I received a sample for review but opinions are my own.

TryLight GU10,3000K Warm White,24°Beam Angle, AC85-265V,5W LED Bulbs - 35Watt Halogen Bulbs Equivalent Track Lighting, Spotlight (5 Pack)
Offered by TryLight
Price: $51.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than most for narrow fixtures, August 23, 2016
I've got some GU10 fixtures that predate LED replacements and I've been having a hard time finding any LED bulbs that fit in them. I've tried around 8 brands and so far only one fits. I was hopeful with these, because they look narrow. It tuns out they aren't so much narrow as long. I did get one to fit, but just barely, so they're definitely better than most for the narrow fixtures. They are surprisingly bright. It looked to me like they were about 30% brighter than my halogen bulbs and with a color just slightly more daylight. I received a sample for review but opinions are my own.

ROMWE Women's Cap Sleeve Open Back Trimmed Sequined Bodycon Dress
ROMWE Women's Cap Sleeve Open Back Trimmed Sequined Bodycon Dress
Offered by ROMWE Limited
Price: $18.80 - $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but will not work for curvy women, zero stretch to the fabric, August 23, 2016
I really like the look of this sequined gold dress. I initially planned to wear it as a Halloween costume as sort of an Egyptian theme, or possibly a Viking, but unfortunately it fit way too small, and the fabric has absolutely zero give to it so there was no way to make it work. I really like the cute sleeves and the patterning of the dress, but the shape itself is extremely unforgiving around the midsection, and unfortunately after having a baby last December, I am not sure I will ever fit into a dress that nips in quite so precipitously at the waist.

What I can tell you if you are considering it is, it runs short, kind of like a mini skirt so plan to wear something with some coverage underneath, the fabric has absolutely zero stretch so if you have any kind of curves such as a C cup or above, bigger hips, or strong shoulders and biceps, the dress will almost certainly not fit you. The fabric is also kind of itchy and I don't think is meant for very many hours of wearing it once. I think wearing it as a Halloween costume would be just about right, maybe three hours to go to a party and then plan to take it off right away when you get home.

That all said, if you have a very fit, slender frame and don't have a lot of curve in your hips or bust, the look of the dress is really stunning and you'll probably be very happy with it as long as you have realistic expectations about the comfort level, level of give to the fabric, etc. I did not try laundering the dress so can't comment from that perspective.

I received a sample for review but the opinions are my own.

Solo 456 2-1/4 Gallon Professional Sprayer
Solo 456 2-1/4 Gallon Professional Sprayer
Price: $39.06
14 used & new from $38.30

5.0 out of 5 stars A great midrange model between truly professional units and clunky big-box store models which constantly break, August 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this line of sprayers in my small landscaping company, even though we are an organic company, we occasionally do simple things like dormant oil and copper or lime in winter on fruit trees, or safer soap, neem, Sierra natural sciences 209 (rosemary extract), etc. My employees seem to be able to manage to use these easily without breaking them, and they seem to last 2 to 4 years under reasonably heavy professional use and poor storage outdoors, which is a lot better than the ones from the big box store which, under those conditions, seem to need replacing every winter in advance of our big dormant spray season.

I really like the big pump handle, and I also like the spray wand, which is durable, has a number of spray settings, and can even have the nozzle removed if you need to drench something with a more profuse flow. I think that this model, with the big pump handle and the comfortable lever grip on the spray wand, is among the most ergonomic handheld sprayers out there, and doesn't seem to irritate my carpal tunnel or make my employees feel tired when pumping and spraying frequently during the long day that also includes constant weeding and pruning.

Though this isn't a professional model, it behaves almost as well as one, and is the perfect balance for me between getting something so expensive that I'm going to be angry if my crew abuses it, and having something low-end which causes everyone frustration and needs constant replacing. For a homeowner who is going to take good care of it, I would definitely recommend it, with the caveat that if gaskets or other parts give you trouble, buying from Amazon is always a good bet because they are very good about replacing defective units within a reasonable amount of time.

Bamboo Baby Washcloths Wipes Organic, Bath Products & Towels, Durable Washcloths on the Planet Hypoallergenic _ Shower Gift from Kevin Textile, 10x10 inch 6 Pack
Offered by Kevin Textile
Price: $14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A great SOFT set of washcloths for facial or baby use., August 22, 2016
I love the generous sizing, and soft material of this bamboo nset o washcloths. The colors are really pretty and I enjoy using them. Though they are marketed for use with baby and I have been using them for her, I also find them excellent as exfoliating face cloths to gently remove my oil cleanser and foam cleanser residue from my face each morning. Much more gentle and pleasant than a normal washcloth. They have held up so far in the wash with no loose threads or warping.

Though I received a sample for review, the opinions are my own.

Skinfood Egg White Pack, 10 Count
Skinfood Egg White Pack, 10 Count
Offered by cosmetic*shop
Price: $8.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for people with large pores on the T-zone, August 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the fun products from this brand and the way they are all made from some food product; it really makes skincare fun. Ever since reading Charlotte Cho's book of skin care about Korean beauty, I've been obsessed with finding fun new skincare products to test out. I haven't tried any of the other egg line from this brand, just because many of them are made for people with oilier skin than I have. I just have an oily T-zone and suffer from occasional large pores in that area.

I tested out this egg white pack, which is basically like a Biore nose strip only more fun to use because it also has a little patch for your forehead and chin. I don't suffer from blackheads, but definitely got a few little porcupine bits sticking up out of the strip when I removed it, which made me feel great that I was cleansing my pores and allowing them to hopefully shrink again. I did a quick rinse after to remove the residue and it didn't leave any unpleasant residue behind after that quick swipe with a washcloth.

Overall, I would definitely say that these are a lot more fun to use than the regular drugstore brand and are suggested more for people who have large pores or blackheads. I didn't get anything visible out of the areas where my skin has normal-sized pores, but it definitely did something on the areas where I had larger pores.

Skinfood Premium Avocado Rich Emulsion, 4.73 Fluid Ounce
Skinfood Premium Avocado Rich Emulsion, 4.73 Fluid Ounce
Price: $15.17
40 used & new from $8.17

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nourishing emulsion but hard to get out of the bottle, August 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have nothing but good things to say about the product itself. After reading Charlotte Cho's the Little Book of Skincare about Korean beauty secrets and the 10 steps skincare routine recommended in Korea, I was really excited to try out a wide array of fun products that would help my skin glow again despite the fact that I haven't had a good night sleep in about four years since becoming pregnant with my first child.

This product does what it claims and is very nourishing on my skin, especially when I've gotten too much sun or been in a harsh environment (I'm a landscaper and so sometimes am outside for longer than I would like and have wind and dusty things blowing at me). I use it after my oil cleanser, foam cleanser, exfoliating cleanser, toner, and serum. After using it, I applied eye cream and moisturizer, then sunscreen during the day. It has a light fragrance that is evocative of florals, and is like a soupy or liquidy moisturizer that soaks in almost immediately.

My one complaint about the product is the packaging. The bottle is made of such a hard plastic that you cannot coax any of the product out, and the mouth of the bottle is so small that even repeated tapping only gets a tiny bit out. Even if I take out the little stopper in there that make sure you don't dump the whole thing out at once, it's going to be really challenging to get out all of the product. I hate wasting!

I hope they will read this feedback and revamp the packaging for this product. I've had other products from skin food with a similar problem, so this is a repeated issue that they need to be aware of and correct.

Overall, this is a great product if you don't mind getting a little spatula out and fussing with it near the end to get all of it out.

Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask, 3.53 Ounce
Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask, 3.53 Ounce
Offered by coscos
Price: $9.99
64 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A great moisturizing facial mask, you should be aware it is not very exfoliating, more a moisture pack, August 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After reading The Little Book of Skincare by Charlotte Cho and implementing at least some of her 10 step Korean beauty routine for myself, I became interested in and excited by the wide array of fun skincare products out of Korea and Asia. This brand is one of the least expensive and most exciting, just because they use such interesting ingredients and have interesting fragrances. I definitely have the desire to try, if not them all, then lots of them at least.

She recommended a black sugar scrub from this brand as an exfoliating treatment for the face, so I was excited to try this similar product, a moisturizing and only mildly exfoliating facial mask.

While there are exfoliants in here including some gritty black sugar bits as well as the natural/chemical exfoliating properties of sugar, I wouldn't say that this did much in terms of exfoliating. However, it is deeply moisturizing and really felt very luxurious to use. It feels like patting a honey concoction on your face, and it is sticky like honey. I was glad that I was wearing a headband to keep all of the stray hairs off of my face. When I rinsed it off, the mild brown sugar fragrance remained for many hours, and it left my skin super soft and very well moisturized. I then went on to use toner, serum, emulsion, and moisturizer as usual, in somewhat coordinating fragrances.

This was about equivalent to using one of the facial essence masks she recommends in the book, in the sense that it moisturized and left my skin very soft and dewy.

SUPVIN® 7-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Compact Hub Adapter USB HUB With On/Off Switch For for iMac, MacBooks, PCs and Laptops, Tablet (7- Port with switch)
Offered by Hideer Technology Co.,Ltd
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $14.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for tablet computing, August 14, 2016
I love the switches on this USB hub. When they are on, the white square next to the switch lights up blue. USB 3 means data transfer speeds are very good, and the external power ensures it can handle the drain of charging multiple things at once.

I do most of my computing on a Windows tablet that only has one USB port. Plugging in to this gives me access to all my chargers, backup drives, and wireless dongles that make my tablet seem like a desktop, and being able to individually turn them on and off instead of dealing with unplugging things makes it more convenient than the much more expensive tablet docks.

I received a sample in exchange for my honest review.

Mama Bear Organic Baby Food, Stage 2, Prunes, 4 Ounce Jars (Pack of 12)
Mama Bear Organic Baby Food, Stage 2, Prunes, 4 Ounce Jars (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for helping babies' digestion, August 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you've ever had a baby with constipation before, you know how uncomfortable it is for them and how heart-wrenching it is for us mothers to watch our baby be uncomfortable. After one such incident with my daughter, I resolved to make sure that all of the purées I provided had added liquids such as breast milk or grass fed beef bone broth, and I also decided to go for the old-fashioned remedy of eating the occasional stewed prune and sharing that classic food with my little ones.

That said, I work well over 40 hours a week, luckily mostly from home, and so don't always find the time to make even a simple dish such as stewed prunes. Plus, organic prunes aren't cheap. So I was delighted to see this relatively inexpensive set of baby food jars that contains exactly what I wanted it to, prunes and water. Prunes are sweet enough, they certainly don't need anything added to them except enough water so that you can make a thick purée to feed the baby.

Both my baby and my toddler love this. The toddler eats just a little bit of it swirled into his yogurt and bananas, while the baby has just a couple of spoonfuls each day since that one incident and it seems to be keeping everybody's digestion on a regular cycle with no discomfort.

I'm especially pleased to have found this given that it is shelfstable, and I believe is either equivalent in price or actually cheaper than me buying the prunes personally in making this myself at home. How often can you say that about a convenience food, that it is equal in quality, easier to use, and the same price or less expensive? I'm very pleased with this and intend to continue purchasing and using this product moving forward

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20