Workplace Solutions Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it  Passenger Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Profile for John Breitinger > Reviews

Browse

John Breitinger's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Breitinger RSS Feed (Minneapolis, MN USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living
Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-thinkng Original Sin, June 10, 2016
This book is a gift. It reminded me how and why I am filled with hope. I read it twice.

The thing that has stayed with me was Krista's definition of original sin: "Maybe this is another way to think about original sin— the ingrained lure of the possibility of going numb, a habit of acquiescence to it. It takes forms profound and banal. It is there in the way I am itching, with each sentence on this page, to heed the background call of technology and head down a rabbit hole of distraction that will scatter my ability to follow this line of reflection to the end."

We all suffer this way. This book is an example of what is possible if we are able to stick with hard things and keep our hearts open. It is Krista's view of wisdom shown whole and illustrated with many fragments of conversation gathered over 15 years of extraordinary inquiry and conversation. Having been along for the ride (listening to Krista weekly over this time), I especially enjoyed the audio version which includes the voices of those interviewed.

This comes at a perfect time. Too many of our public conversations seek to divide and diminish us. Here is a lovely and robust alternative. It is worth reading more than once.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2016 8:31 PM PDT

So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 28, 2016
A very thoughtful look at what drives happiness and success at work.

REAL Professional Premium Grade Gaffer Tape by Gaffer Power - Made in the USA - Black (Available in White, Red, Green, Blue) 2 Inch X 30 Yards - Heavy Duty Gaffer's Tape - Non-Reflective - Waterproof - Multipurpose - Better than Duct Tape!
Offered by WebGage
Price: $19.99

Treat While You Train Self- Care Kit Instructional 2 DVD set Yoga Tune Up
Treat While You Train Self- Care Kit Instructional 2 DVD set Yoga Tune Up
Offered by Bois Blanc Supply
Price: $29.50
7 used & new from $24.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and empowering, February 4, 2016
This is invaluable. The DVD is is full of great information. The balls have helped me to accelerate my physical therapy after a traumatic surgery. Very effective and empowering.

A More Beautiful Question: The Power of Inquiry to Spark Breakthrough Ideas
A More Beautiful Question: The Power of Inquiry to Spark Breakthrough Ideas
Price: $10.35

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome alternative to today's fractious civil discourse, February 4, 2016
This is a wonderful book about the power of inquiry. At a time of ever more strident opinions and deteriorating civic discourse, this is a hopeful and much more productive alternative.

SportDOG Brand UplandHunter Accessory Beeper - SD-BEEP
SportDOG Brand UplandHunter Accessory Beeper - SD-BEEP
Price: $129.95
10 used & new from $129.95

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product when it is working, November 23, 2015
This is a great product when it is working. It was recommended by my trainer and really does the job. Unfortunately, I have gone through two of them and both have broken after only a few days in the field. I am hoping that I have just been unlucky because the collar really helps when hunting a pointer in heavy cover.

Yoga Tune Up Therapy Ball PLUS Pair in Tote
Yoga Tune Up Therapy Ball PLUS Pair in Tote
Offered by educationalbookworm
Price: $18.69
14 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, October 21, 2015
These things have changed my life. I never use my foam roller anymore. The video that Jill Miller and Kelly Starrett did to show how to use them for full benefit is also great. They have radically reduced my recovery and repair time and have allowed me to take matters more into my own hands. What a great investment!

Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 13, 2015
This is an exceptionally thoughtful account of how it all works.

The White Queen, Season 1
The White Queen, Season 1
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, April 20, 2015
Great dramatic series -- relatively historically accurate.

Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
by Arbinger Institute
Price: $10.17
370 used & new from $2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamechanger, February 6, 2015
This book changed my life. It has helped me to get much clearer about my relationships and has helped me to take action in situations that previously left me befuddled. I have given it to several friends and I read it every year. Its truth is so clear and so simple that it should be easier to digest.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3