Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for C. Gregory > Reviews

Browse

C. Gregory's Profile

Customer Reviews: 444

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Gregory "C. Gregory" RSS Feed (Seattle, Washington)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Rocket Player Classic Purple Theme
Rocket Player Classic Purple Theme

4.0 out of 5 stars a nice little music app, December 15, 2013
a nice little app for playing music, not the best that I have seen, but it's simple enough very user friendly with a few interesting extras.

Night Vision Camera
Night Vision Camera

3.0 out of 5 stars decent but not great., December 15, 2013
This review is from: Night Vision Camera (App)
decent app but I guess I expected more, just seems a bit like an out of focus camera more than night vision

Cheapness & Beauty
Cheapness & Beauty
35 used & new from $0.32

4.0 out of 5 stars nothing cheap about this beauty..., December 15, 2013
This review is from: Cheapness & Beauty (Audio CD)
boy George is a singular talent. his approach has always been honest, but not that "in your face" honesty that can turn you off. He is very genuine and very good at crafting great music. Lyrically he is at his peak, musically his voice has never sounded better, and well don't think that because this is a solo cd that it's not as good as his albums with Culture Club. They are great, with many standout tracks. My only real qualm with this cd is that sometimes the music that is supplied doesn't necessarily fit the mood/lyric/or voice of the song. and unlike 10,000 Maniacs where that approach actually made the songs more exciting this time it feels a bit unsettling. But it's not a huge detraction. just an observation. Overall the music is great, and u get the lyrics in the booklet, something that I always love to see. And you get boy George at his best...what more can you ask for?

I Believe - The Gospel Masters
I Believe - The Gospel Masters
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $25.66
57 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hearing is believing, December 15, 2013
There is nothing more profound than having one of the greatest rock n' roll voices sing the praises of God. I remember watching a tv special on Elvis and his Gospel music and they said that his sacred recordings are some of his most underrated and unappreciated songs he's ever recorded. I have to disagree. Most people who consider themselves fans (not the casual fans but not necessarily the diehards either) always mention Elvis and his Gospel music. I think the two are interchangeable, and I believe (and don't anyone attack me because they disagree, this is simply just my opinion) that without the sacred performances Elvis may not be as loved and appreciated as he is today. I mean there are those who loved his hard rocking songs, there are those who love his ballads and there are those who love the country side, but I believe that the sacred performances is what makes a lot of people see him as the legend he is today. Why? because as Elvis' fans got older, they still loved the rock Elvis, but as you get older you start to soften around the edges, you are no longer the rabble rouser you once were, and life takes many unexpected turns, so you find yourself listening to your dad's music or religious music more, if for nothing else peace of mind. I remember when Elvis died it was right before my 7th birthday, and the mood around the house was almost as if someone in our family died. He was able to affect all of us, and well when you can sing every genre and you can sing it with the commanding presence he had, then you are able to touch people in more ways. And the more ways you can touch people with your music, the more they will want you in their lives. So here we are many years after he has died, and he's still a top earner. Elvis never truly left us because he lives inside of the music he created and there was no more personal music that he created than his sacred songs. But, it's also the well roundedness of what he sang that gave us more reasons to love him. It's hard to think of a mood or a moment where a well placed Elvis song wouldn't be welcomed, and that is the beauty of this collection. It brings the beautiful voice of the greatest entertainer of all generations to a whole new level. I believe...and so shall you

His Life and Music
His Life and Music
Price: $71.39
14 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis is Golden..., December 15, 2013
This review is from: His Life and Music (Audio CD)
Great book to own, lots of information on Elvis and his movies and part of his discography. A lot of fun and the cds are great. The Cds are basically the golden records (vols. 1-4) compilations. So you get a lot of great music and a great book to boot. I managed to get a good deal on this hopefully you can too.

STAR WARS JEDI PATH Vault Edition: The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force [Vault Edition]
by Daniel Wallace
Edition: Misc. Supplies
8 used & new from $54.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A path that leads to the fun of reliving your childhood, December 15, 2013
An intriguing concept with great follow through. I remember reading a review of this and the reviewer mentioned that even though there little notes written in the columns are supposed to be from several people, it all sounds like the same person talking. While, I agree to some extent, I can only say that this is something you buy more for the fun of it than the actual content. What person alive today who grew up with star wars and I mean grew up with it from when it started (as well as newcomers)..didn't dream of being a jedi (or a sith) how many of us would have loved this little handbook back then? I think the concept is sound, you are introduced to the Jedi Path via a textbook that's been passed down through generations, eventually landing in the hands of Luke Skywalker. The touches in this volume are great, you get the aged pages look, you get some pages that are purposefully "ripped out" so you don't get to know about the prophecy (though apparently knowing it back in the day didn't stop all the crap from hitting the fan. You get little snippets from different characters and you get little keepsakes that they have left behind. Like the coin or padawan braid. I also possess the standalone book (for actual reading and for loaning out) and while it is great to have it doesn't possess the same cool factor that this does. I like how you can push a button and it opens and the book rises...I love the sound effects and the keepsakes. This is probably something only a diehard fan would want, but also something the little kid inside of all of us wants. Once you get too old to appreciate cool things like this then you really are "old". age isn't the same as getting old. age is but a number old is how you feel. Why let that kid inside of us die when there are so many cool things for us adults to play with? I'm not talking about dressing up for conventions or the like, though that's fine if you can afford the costumes, I am talking about just letting your imagination get carried away as it once did when you were but a child. the first time I heard of star wars was in an oversized comic book (well two comic books) that told the story that opened my mind. I was too young to go to the theater myself and my older siblings though it was too uncool to take their little brother. but, I always had the books. I always had my imagination. Anything I could get my hands on I did. I loved the bubble gum cards, and who could really hate the bubble gum that came with it? whether you bought the cards brand new or two years later when they were marked down, the gum tasted the same as when it was new (not necessarily a good thing lol). But, all of these things made us love Star Wars more and this book, along with the Sith edition and the bounty hunter edition are all worth the price, and are all great to have. something you can pass down and something you can enjoy with your kids now. Every true star wars fan will love this, it's a great conversation piece.

Star Wars: Dark Empire Trilogy HC (Star Wars (Dark Horse))
Star Wars: Dark Empire Trilogy HC (Star Wars (Dark Horse))
by Tom Veitch
38 used & new from $72.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Well crafted Star Wars Fare, December 7, 2013
an interesting story (even if it's a bit out of star wars' comfort zone). I'm not big on the storylines concerning a cloned emperor but overall it's a great story that keeps you interested from start to finish. Includes all three volumes of the comics. Looks great, and it's nice to have in hardcover.

The Wizard of Oz: The Official 75th Anniversary Companion
The Wizard of Oz: The Official 75th Anniversary Companion
by Jay Scarfone
Price: $28.98
95 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Companion to the blu ray box set, December 7, 2013
I love collecting these books. I love the replica memorabilia and the death certificate for the wicked witch was a nice touch. The cover has a nice look/feel to it. it reminds me a bit of some smartphone back covers, that semi-smooth-rubber-but-not-rubber feel. Nicely illustrated and full of information I never knew before. Everyone loves the Wizard of Oz. And I bought this to go along with the 75th anniversary of the blu ray movie box set. There is some overlap on the information/pictures, but both are worth getting. And both are full of small treasures that will keep you entertained and happy.

Elvis: 20 Original Albums
Elvis: 20 Original Albums
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $51.75
67 used & new from $35.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great concept, a nice addition to any collection, December 7, 2013
a strong concept, original cds (though expanded with extra tracks) with original artwork replica sleeves. I enjoyed reading the backs of the albums to see how they promoted the albums back in the day. Sleeves are well made/strong. sides have information to keep the cds in "order". I know as a collector I like to keep things in their original order, even though there is no specific order, I like to keep it in the order it came in, so that helps. Cds sound great, and the storage box is strong/well made and looks great next to my companion box of single replicas. Nice conversation piece and a great addition to any Elvis collection. Booklet has album information/tracklisting (of the actual songs on the cd, not just the original tracklisting as the sleeves have) and information about each album. Well worth the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 10:30 PM PDT

Magnifying Glass
Magnifying Glass

3.0 out of 5 stars a decent app, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Magnifying Glass (App)
it's an ok app, nothing really special. I would have preferred more zoom functions or something to help focus it better.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30