Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Profile for L.H. > Reviews

Browse

L.H.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L.H. RSS Feed (Arlington, MA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The City Baker's Guide to Country Living: A Novel
The City Baker's Guide to Country Living: A Novel
by Louise Miller
Price: $17.10
57 used & new from $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight that made me wish I knew how to bake, August 19, 2016
Before reading this book, make sure that you either know how to bake or have some pastries on hand - you will be craving them throughout.
I loved this book. It was a delightful story of Livvy, who flees her bad situation in the city and heads to Vermont to find her friend, and she finds so much more.
I loved the pace at which the author gives us the story. I kept wanting the boy and the girl to meet, and kiss and it was so painfully wonderful to have to wait for it.
The characters were realistic and layered and I missed them when I was done with the book.
It was the perfect thing to read when I went to the beach, and made me stay longer so I could keep spending time in the little Vermont town with all of my new friends.

i-smile [Pack of 2] Replacement USB Charging Cable for Fitbit One Only (12cm) - Third Party Charger
Offered by i-smile
Price: $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the fitbit brand, these don't work., June 8, 2016
These don't fit the fitbit. I had to rig up a complex system to keep the fitbit cinched in so it would charge. Do not buy these.

Verbatim 700 MB 52x 80 Minute Branded Recordable Disc CD-R, 20-Disc Slim Case 94936
Price: $8.45
71 used & new from $8.45

2.0 out of 5 stars 60% of the time, they work every time., June 8, 2016
About half of the disks are defective and don't record. I didn't find this out until after the return period had passed, which seems ridiculous because it's not like I could have tested all of them right when I got them, so Amazon would only give me a five dollar credit. I would not buy these again.

Epica Stainless Steel Drinking Straws, Set of 4- Free Cleaning Brush Included
Epica Stainless Steel Drinking Straws, Set of 4- Free Cleaning Brush Included
Offered by Perella's
Price: $19.95
3 used & new from $4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect straws., February 4, 2016
Great product!! I love the tiny brush.

Last Chance Llama Ranch
Last Chance Llama Ranch
by Hilary Fields
Price: $12.18
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Funny & Sweet!, November 6, 2015
I loved this book! It was so fun to go on Merry's journey as she scraped herself up out of the pit she'd fallen into (and then sort of wallowed in.) The characters were wonderfully developed and the relationships between them were so sweet. Even though you can pretty much figure the male and female main characters would end up together, the way she does it keeps you hoping it will work out. And then of course it is all the better when they finally do come together.
I can't wait for her next book!

GE MWF SmartWater Compatible Water Filter Cartridge - Refrigerator
GE MWF SmartWater Compatible Water Filter Cartridge - Refrigerator
Offered by Waterfall Filter Company
Price: $19.99
16 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product & price!, August 3, 2015
Great product at a much better price than the GE. And I love that they include a sticker that tells me when to replace. I will definitely order this again!

Bellweather Rhapsody
Bellweather Rhapsody
by Kate Racculia
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful writing & a great story., July 27, 2014
This review is from: Bellweather Rhapsody (Hardcover)
I did not expect to love this book. I took a class by the author at Grub Street in Boston (an awesome class) and wanted to read this after the class out of curiosity and because she was a great teacher so I hoped she'd be a good writer. I wasn't expecting to be captivated by teen band nerds or their drama which made it all the more wonderful when I could not put this book down all weekend until it was finished. It came with me to the gym so I could read it on the treadmill. I kept wanting to know what happened next and next and next. I cared about the characters. And the story is just fantastic.

It is one of those books that has the pacing just right, the blend of sections about the characters just right, the pull on the heartstrings and other emotions just right. It was a complete delight to read and I loved all the little band geeks and their adult companions.

The Manor: Three Centuries at a Slave Plantation on Long Island
The Manor: Three Centuries at a Slave Plantation on Long Island
by Mac K. Griswold
Price: $13.84
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, most of the time, May 25, 2014
I devoured this book. It kept me glued to the treadmill barely noticing that an hour had gone by and I'd find myself wishing for the next trip to the gym. It is meticulously researched, although I wish it had stayed more on the Manor and not gone off on so many tangents (some of which I skimmed through.)
I also felt like it ended rather abruptly, and unexpectedly due to the large amount of foot notes that take up a half inch at the end.
I love archeology and found those descriptions so interesting, I also really want to go and visit the Manor now.
Over all I recommend it, and it has propelled me back into my own family history, and as I study old family papers I can think "what was happening on the Manor at this time?"

The Blue Star: A Novel
The Blue Star: A Novel
by Tony Earley
Price: $10.84
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, December 26, 2013
This review is from: The Blue Star: A Novel (Paperback)
I loved this book. I picked it up based on the cover. I wasn't sure I'd like a book about a young boy during the 40's, but I decided to try it. I started reading it slowly and loved it more and more as it went on. It was touching and interesting and so lovely. I just finished it, in tears, hoping for more to come.

The Good House: A Novel
The Good House: A Novel
by Ann Leary
Price: $9.44
259 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved loved loved!, December 22, 2013
I just finished this book (read it in 3 sittings) and I now want to tell everyone else who lives in my little seaside Massachusetts town that they have to read it too! It is so good. I love that it's about alcoholism, without being *about* alcoholism. Like Hildy's blackouts, I'd first think "oh, good she stayed home" and then "oh god she didn't what happened??" All the relationships and intrigue and more intrigue. For a while it just sort of hums along and I'm like "yeah, this is a good book and she's a really good writer and I like it and ........" then "OMG what? who? huh? woah. ooh. aww."
Then I ordered her other two books and cannot WAIT for them to arrive and for her next novel. MORE MORE!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3