Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for menlo101 > Reviews

Browse

menlo101's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

menlo101 RSS Feed (CA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
ASUS UX303 13-Inch Laptop [2014 model]
ASUS UX303 13-Inch Laptop [2014 model]
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $649.99
6 used & new from $499.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for the price, August 15, 2014
Very good value for the price, It has 3 USB3, HDMI, Display port, card reader and the latest Core i5 (4210 vs. 4200), and 8GB of RAM + SSD. It's zippy fast.

Foscam FI9821W Indoor Pan/Tilt H.264 720p Wireless IP Camera, 1/5" Color CMOS Sensor, F: 3.6mm F:2.4 (IR Lens), IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless Connectivity, White
3 used & new from $53.02

4.0 out of 5 stars All features that I wanted had been checked out fine, March 10, 2013
I had been testing this camera for few days and many features worked fine. There is an User's guide online in PDF format to setup the camera. The User's guide didn't come with the box. I updated it to latest software/firmware version and the picture is certainly better than VGA model, more pixels (720p) increase the sharpness. The important features such as motion alarm, sending pictures to email, recording to HCSD card, FTP to SAN, controlling and viewing remotely with Android/iOS cell phones worked fine for me, there was no need to call for phone support. So it's 4 stars for the price. I will get the 2nd one soon.

Google Nexus 7 Tablet (16 GB)
Google Nexus 7 Tablet (16 GB)
Offered by Iowa Liquidations
Price: $174.99
35 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 7-inch tablet so far, July 24, 2012
This is my 1st tablet, I uses it mostly for surfing with Chrome browser, Video watching with YouTube and Netflix, Video calling with Skype, playing game, and reading eBooks. This tablet so far, satisfied my needs. I like this tablet over iPad, Kindle Fire, Samsung tab 2 because of
- Portability, 7-inch size has less weight and rests comfortably in my hand. I have a lot of cargo shorts and pants and it fits in those pockets.
- Zippy quad-core processor and DDR3 memory give me smooth and responsive interactions
- The front camera video quality (720) isn't bad with Skype
- It has a GPS for the Google maps
- High resolution 7-inch screen (the other 7-inch tablet with the same screen resolution that I know of is the tmobile SpringBoard tablet but its price is much higher (wireless carrier rip-off))
- Lastly, the rubbery back of the tablet gives me pretty good grip

There is 1 thing that I wished for but this tablet (and Samsung tab 7, Kindle Fire) does not have is the storage expansion. It doesn't have micro-SD card slot and it can't do USB-OTG (hooking up a USB thumb drive to its USB port). However, it connects well to my Windows 7 laptop for file transferring. Google, Amazon, Samsung, Apple want users to use their "Clouds" for streaming files and contents so they discourage the usage of the storage expansion slot. What if I'm on airplane flying for 6 hours and there is no wi-fi connecting to the cloud and the 16GB internal storage is not enough for my movies??

I'm planning to buy couple more 7-inch tablets for my wife and my sons and I will wait for the Kindle Fire 2, Samsung tab 3, Barn&Noble Nook 2 to see for any new features that will leap frog the nexus 7
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2012 1:37 AM PDT

Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770
Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770
Offered by CE Showroom
Price: $454.82
26 used & new from $235.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The stock Intel HD 4000 Graphic is decent, May 26, 2012
- I went from a 10+ years old Pentium 4 to a new i7-3770 and the speed is night and day difference for me. I have Asus p8z77-m, i7-3770 CPU, Crucial 128GB SSD, 8 GB GSkill 1600 DDR3 memory and my WEI scores are (where 7.9 is highest) 7.7 for processor, 7.7 for memory, 6.6 for Graphics, 7.9 for disk. My CPU temp is 25-27C and the PC is quiet. Asus motherboard allows me to control the speed of the CPU and case fans. I'm satisfied with the built-in graphic and I don't need the external one. I play light game, watch video and edit video and I haven't seen any issue or freeze with the Intel built-in graphic

Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G (T-Mobile),  t679
Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G (T-Mobile), t679
Price: $202.40
14 used & new from $41.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sammy Exhibit 2 and $30/month tmob pre-paid, November 26, 2011
I got this phone and signed up for the tmobile $30/month for 5GB data of 4G speed, unlimited text, and 100minutes talk. The $30/month tmob prepaid plan is only for "new" activation and on "new" device. I signed up for Google voice and installed Groove Ip app ($5) to make Voip call over 4g data network (I want to use less than that 100minutes per month allowance).
Prior to this phone, I had a LG Optimus T (1st generation) so this is the step up in term of speed (4g data and 1 GHZ processor) for me. Also the screen is a bit bigger and the pictures and color are lovely.
The phone is capable for wifi hotspot/sharing, but I'll need to root it (/w SuperOneClick) to get around any tmob restriction regarding to wifi hotspot. I have a wifi tablet and a laptop and I can't use all that 5GB data allowance on the phone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2012 10:44 AM PDT

BLACK For LG Optimus T P509 Rubberized Hard Case Cover
BLACK For LG Optimus T P509 Rubberized Hard Case Cover
Offered by ExtremeCases (USA Seller)
Price: $4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit and protect well, May 24, 2011
- Fit my Optimus T well
- Protect the phone from my hand abuses
- Give me good grip on the phone
- No interfering with wi-fi, wireless receptions

LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Silver Grey
LG 37LE5300 37-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED LCD HDTV, Silver Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars TV met my expectation. I'm satisfied., December 6, 2010
I bought the 37inch tv for 10x12 ft bedroom, the tv size and its sound are just adequate for the room. I don't think that I'll need external speakers to be used in that room. The picture and color are sharp and beautiful with the OTA antenna. I watched few NFL football games and I was satisfied with 120hz truMotion. There were several AV mode (sport, cinema,..etc..) that I could select depend on what show I would watch. One thing that I don't like is the remote, it could not control other device such as DVD player that is not LG brand (However, if you have a LG DVD/Blu-ray player connect to LG TV via HDMI then you can use the same tv remote control to play the player via LG SIMLink), luckily, I have a universal remote and it resolved the problem.
The LG TV black level is better than my 4-yrs old Sony LCD but it's a bit behind my 3-yrs old Pioneer Plasma. However, the LG screen is not glossy so it does not have reflections like the Plasma.

Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS32GSDHC10)
Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS32GSDHC10)
Price: $11.76
169 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Depend on what you will use it for ..., October 13, 2010
The "C10" is for "minimum sustaining speed" of 10mbps. The sustaining speed is critical if you're using for HD camcorder. There is other brand card that is also c10 but it costs more (2x) for its print of 30mbps on the card. It leads consumers into thinking that the higher price is worth for the 30mbps. However, the 30mbps is the "burst" speed. Burst speed is critical for HD camera and for doing copies. I have a HD camcorder and I'm very satisfied with this card after many hours for recording. I bought this card to do 100% of recording so it is the right price. I would buy the other high price brand card of 30mbps if I will do a lot of picture taking. The bottom line is to buy for the purpose of your usage.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2010 2:02 AM PST

LG BD570 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2010 Model)
LG BD570 Network Blu-ray Disc Player (2010 Model)
7 used & new from $149.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Full features for $200+, I can't complain, May 7, 2010
For $200+, it has all features (almost, if adding a hard drive and digital tuner to become a DVR) that I like:
- Up scaling regular DVD and play blu-ray beautifully
- Netflix streaming and Pandora/internet radio work smoothly
- I see no issue or slowness with wi-fi accessing my wireless-N router
- I'm surprise that LG included the Nero Media server software. It installed
and worked well on my Vista machine. BD570 and my fat Sony PS3 recognized
the Media server. Both myMovies and myMusic collections streamed smoothly from
Vista to PS3 and BD570
- Hook it up to a digital receiver and love its multi channels digital sound.
- Loading, starting up times are acceptable to me (not the fastest nor the slowest)
Things that I don't like are the remote to control my Sony TV.
- I would have to sequentially cycle thru. the inputs. very limited and basic
buttons to control the TV.
- Limited number of TV brands that LG remote can configure for

Again, for $200+ I'm happy and it's a keeper for me. The DLNA and wi-fi (without the
need for dongle) features worth $60+ more than bd550.

Pioneer VSX-919AH-K 120 Watts A/V Receiver with Full Color GUI/OSD, Advanced MCACC and Analog to HDMI Up-Conversion (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars It has good sound and many features, November 29, 2009
- I often referred to the manual for setup and usage of its features. After a week
then I got use to them without the need of the manual.
- I ordered HDMI cables along with the receiver, however, once I hooked it up, I
realize that I would also need 2 optical digital audio cables for listening music
on CDs from my blu-ray machine and for listening to OTA channel from my TV
- My "fat" Sony PSP3 decoded all the HD audio formats from blu-ray discs and passed it
to the receiver (instead of passing the undecoded loss-less audio to it) and it
sounded ok, not bad.
- I also looked at the Sony 1000 model, since I liked the OSD, however, I found out
its sound isn't that good.

Page: 1 | 2