Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Profile for bk > Reviews

Browse

bk's Profile

Customer Reviews: 308

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bk RSS Feed (Spokane, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Where the Hell is Tesla? A Novel
Where the Hell is Tesla? A Novel
by Rob Dircks
Price: $12.99
11 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great and fast read, April 24, 2015
Nikola Tesla is responsible for the development of AC electricity and pretty much the foundation for technological progress. This story is a very funny analog of a history that might have been that mixes two friends alternate universes and Tesla. The book is reminiscent of David Wong's John Dies at the End and This Book is Full of Spiders. It's filled with fun, irreverence and left handed science. I loved it. An honest 5 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2016 11:49 AM PDT

Poetic GraphGrip Case for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent through and through., November 30, 2014
My second Poetic cover. I managed to misplace my original Poetic cover when I removed it for washing (it take to the laundry just fine. I bought the latest edition, too lazy to hunt for the older one. The latest version is SO much better. Reshaping the frame, i's so much easier to swipe down the 'waiting icons' that collect atop the screen and It also has better buttons for power and sound control. All in all, I've alway liked the Poetic silicon covers and the lord only knows how may times it's saved my bacon when I dropped or knocked my Nexus on a hard floor. I bought my first after catastrophe shattered the screen and totaled my notebook. This is a great cover, offers a greater designed texture to make i easier to hold and stay slip-free. With Prime 2 day shipping, the was a better godsend than the first. I strongly recommend it to those of you who depend on their Nexus 7 pads. It's cheap insurance t best.

DELED Power Supply Adapter 30 AMP 360 Watt 110v-220v Ac to 12v Dc Switching Power Supply Converter Driver for LED Strip Light Protections: Short Circuit/over Load/over Voltage *High Efficiency to 90%, Long Life and High Reliability *Withstanding High Voltage and Operating Temperature

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Yes, Yes!, October 16, 2014
This is a great power supply for those who need some 12 volt bang for their buck. Putting out 20 amps at 360 watts, it's a good choice for driving a batter charger for lipo, life, pb, and other rechargeables. It would help if the vendor included some instructions, especially showing which screw taps are which. I found out that N = Neutral and L= Line for 110 (or 240) volts, and the input AC ground attached to the tap marked with the ground symbol. The output taps are easy, being marked V+ and V-. The supply has a cooling fan and lots of slots to breathe through to help it run cool. It's also pretty quiet considering that it has a fan. The supply is great for driving LED strips, whether single colored of RGB multicolor. The supply has a small green power LED at the back next to the output taps and the fine adjustment potentiometer (which you'll probably never need to touch.) I used a wire tie to strain relieve my AC power cord, tying it off to a pair of case slots to keep it from tugging on the input taps. This is a great supply for 12 volt power requirements whether to power a specific device, numerous LED strips or as a bench supply for experimenters.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 11:32 PM PST

Thermals (An Anselm Gunnar eBook Book 1)
Thermals (An Anselm Gunnar eBook Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, solid read, September 28, 2014
This book moves right along with plenty of action and great perspectives from the Land down Under when terrorists target the largest solar heating tower that generates electricity for thousands and thousands of homes. Fast paced and well written, this is not a boilerplate story, but an exciting construction of individual thought.

3:10 a.m. (Henry Bins Book 2)
3:10 a.m. (Henry Bins Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really grea.... Zzzzzzz, September 28, 2014
Nick Pirog continues his Henry Bins story line about a man with a disease so unusual he's the only one who has it, thus it's named after him. Henry Bins has Henry Bins which affects him by only allowing him 1 hour of wakefulness in each 24 hour day. You'd think a man with only one hour a day to do anything would live a mundane life. But Henry Bins' life, aside from the disease is anything but mundane. Further than this I won't go, I hate spoiler reviews. This is a short novel, easy to read in a day. It's fast paced and loaded with adventure. Buy this book. You won't regret it. Go ahead, do it now. I'll wait...

Neiko® 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper with Extra Large LCD Screen | 0 - 6 Inches | Inch/Fractions/Millimeter Conversion
Price: $18.47
8 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Small Work Caliper, September 28, 2014
This is a great caliper, especially for the low price. It has a little LCD window that displays the reading as well as which mode its readings are in (inch or metric). It changes mode with the push of a button and calibrates the same way. I use mine to determine inside and outside dimensions of materials I use to create models and robotic devices. It takes an R-44 type battery and they send along one already mounted plus a spare. This is my second of these, the first was the victim of a heavy fanny belonging to a friend who didn't look before he sat. Frump, frump, frump.

This is a handy little caliper suitable for virtually any small work where measuring inside or outside is needed.

HP Pavilion TouchSmart Laptop 17-e147cl Fusion Quad-Core 750GB 5400RPM 8GB RAM
HP Pavilion TouchSmart Laptop 17-e147cl Fusion Quad-Core 750GB 5400RPM 8GB RAM

4.0 out of 5 stars A great laptop for price and function, September 26, 2014
I wish it ha offered with more RAM, but this computer works great. I use it to program my research aircraft, plot missions and generally admire the aerial views of the scenery. It has decent battery life, is thin and attractive, and support touch when in tile modes. I's a good, solid laptop and worth the money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget saving monitor, September 26, 2014
This is a great monitor for FPV use. I put mine to work right away, replacing a 7 inch monitor I snagged from a automotive backup camera setup. The resolution is sharp, it's range excellent out of the box (but can be improved using a pair of Clover Leaf circular antennas on the receivers and on on the airborne transmitter. I power mine with a 11.2 LiPo and get 30 or so hours out of the 4S 1000 mAh lipo. It was out of the box compatible with the Tx on the aircraft bought from Amazon here: http://amazon.com/ZJchao-TM-Transmitter-5-8GHz-Receiver/dp/B00JBTIDAU/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1411721486&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=5.8ghz+600+mw+fpt+tx

Great product
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 1:39 AM PST

Meeting Steve Canyon  . . . and Flying with the CIA in Laos
Meeting Steve Canyon . . . and Flying with the CIA in Laos
Price: $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars War Story, alright..., September 19, 2014
Okay, someone is tying to pull the wool over our eyes. I recognized some the the exact same stories and characters that happened to one author as the other as I read a few books on FACs in Vietnam. Both claimed truth, yet to same incident identical situation happened years apart. The most obvious was the woman at an airfield waiting on a plane to Thailand so she could get her teeth fixed. She asked the super-secret newbies to the Raven program (Steve Canyon) what they did for a living and they dutifully repeated their cover story. At which point she exclaimed "Oh! You must be new Raven recruits."

I get artistic license, but this as a statement too far. I found that after I caught the story repeated from 3 authors that I lost interest in the book (Although I finished it). I just couldn't build any sense of their having identical experiences a year apart. I could be more forgiving if these incidents happened at the same time to the same people, but that definitely wasn't the case here. Vietnam was a weird and unsettling place and each story had impact, even when they were lame.

This book would have rated another couple of stars from me had I come away believing that what I read was, in fact, a true story, or stories involving the authors that had been spruced up a little. Compared to Meeting Steve Canyon, I found that THE RAVENS was a more polished read, but in thinking it over, it seems the more likely book to have taken the literary license to copy.

Without that (significant) complaint, I found Meeting Steve Canyon a decent read as a personal narrative. I contained history, adventure, drama and humor as books should. I recommend it to those who want to read actual historical accounts of the labors of a FAC; one of the most dangerous jobs and so hidden that help was too often unable to help.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2014 5:10 AM PDT

Adapt and Overcome (The Maxwell Saga Book 3)
Adapt and Overcome (The Maxwell Saga Book 3)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 3 of ????, August 31, 2014
I expected this to be the final book of the series only to discover that another was obviously coming, or Grant's story is going to be left with a lot of unanswered questions, like whatever happened to the jade knife? This book read more like a textbook than his previous books in the series, which had a historical flavor to them -of an invented history, of course. Grant started out pretty well, but his verbose descriptions and asides have started to take too great a toll on me and thus lost a star, I believe that this series could be edited into a single book with a great pace and energy, As it is, it's a bit reminiscent of the recollections of a old person's home who keeps falling asleep and requiring you to come back for the rest of the story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20