Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Profile for Johanna > Reviews

Browse

Johanna's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Johanna RSS Feed (Marin, California)

Page: 1 | 2
Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success
Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic info on Trump obscured in a lot of unnecessary background material. Not a worthwhile read., July 28, 2016
Too much extraneous information that has little to do with Trump. I found myself skipping whole segments of the book, which gave unnecessary background information, felt like filler and added little to the book. Can't recommend it. This book was a waste of time to read.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Price: $99.99
8 used & new from $99.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Originally loved, but it was defective. Even the replacement was defective., August 25, 2015
I LOVE this product. The only problem I have had, and which has been highly reported, is a problem with the wristband coming apart at the area where the activation button is located as well as the band cracking on the bottom side where it connects to the display unit. I ordered my Charge at the end of February 2015 and started using it a month later. It really is a terrific tracker. So, when the problems with the band popped up, I contacted the company by email. They responded with a resolution to the issue within 30 minutes and are going to replace the entire unit and I don't have to send the original one back to them. This is what I call GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. It seems that these problems are pervasive with this model, so I hope they get it fixed and customers won't have to get new ones shipped out to them. I have to amend this review. Six months after I received a replacement Charge, the wristband began to fall apart AGAIN, just like the first one. I contacted the company and pointed out that they replaced a defective product with a defective product. Their response was to offer me a 25 percent discount on another Fibit tracker. Neither the original tracker I purchased or its replacement for more than six months without falling apart. The terrific service I originally received did not happen with the replacement Charge they sent me. Why would I get future products from a company that won't warranty defective trackers?

Abby Fleece Hat (BLUE)
Abby Fleece Hat (BLUE)
Offered by Hats, Scarves and More
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously stylish and well-made hats!!!, April 6, 2015
This review is from: Abby Fleece Cloche Hat (Apparel)
I got this style hat in the blue and the red for a friend who is undergoing chemotherapy with total hair loss. She said that she "LOVES" the hats. They are soft, stylish and comfortable. So much more versatile than trying to wrap scarves and so very easy to use. Thanks for making such a beautiful and useful product.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Could not recommend this product. Get one custom made by your vet., November 5, 2013
This was a very expensive, non-functioning splint that was completely useless for our boxer. We just could not fit it to her leg and I had contacted the company to make sure of the size and was reassured that I had ordered the correct size. It is really just a piece of plastic with some velcro straps. Again...a VERY EXPENSIVE hunk of useless plastic.

iPhone 3GS 32 GB - Unlocked
iPhone 3GS 32 GB - Unlocked
13 used & new from $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Item not as advertised, February 16, 2013
The battery would not hold a charge. While this item was "unlocked" it was unlocked with software called "Jailbreak". As a result of this, it is not possible to download ANY applications. This is the message that was contained in the box, "The device you purchased is UNLOCKED to be used on ANY GSM Network just by popping in your SIM Card. However, in order to unlock your device we needed to Jailbreak it, which allows us to load the unlocking software to the device. Once this has been done you can no longer restore or update software on your device within iTunes. If you do, it can break your phone and it will for sure LOCK up again so you CAN'T use on any GSM Network. If you attempt to update software on device it WILL VOID your Warranty, we can tell if this has been attempted." This makes the phone useless. I was able to return it for a full refund...minus the $40 shipping cost...

After the Apocalypse
After the Apocalypse
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars nothing new, June 26, 2012
This collection of short stories, while well written, has appeared in various other SF anthologies. I was disappointed to find I had paid for a book which I had already read. The description of the book gives no clue that the stories contained are not new writings. Not at all happy with this purchase.

Pure Fiber 100% Bamboo Sheet Set, Cal King, lavender, 1 set
Pure Fiber 100% Bamboo Sheet Set, Cal King, lavender, 1 set

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful sheets for a short time and then NOT, May 1, 2012
Living in the tropics, I have been interested in using bamboo textiles for bedding, etc. because they are made from a sustainable product and because they keep you cool. These sheets are silky, luxurious and beautifully made. You have to follow the washing instructions - wash them separately, gentle cycle, cold water. Have not experienced any pilling on the fabric. I find them more appealing than egyptian cotton. Great purchase!

Now that I have used these sheets, they did not hold up very well and after a few washings, the fabric ripped and the corners of the sheets came undone on the fitted sheet. Nice for a short time, but couldn't recommend them in the long run.

Women's Terry Cloth Bathrobe Robe (Ecovaganza); An Eco Friendly Gift of Luxury
Women's Terry Cloth Bathrobe Robe (Ecovaganza); An Eco Friendly Gift of Luxury
Offered by TexereSilk
Price: $99.00 - $104.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful product, May 1, 2012
I have been interested in bamboo textiles because I live in the tropics and they are ideal for the weather we have. This robe is beautifully made, drapes softly, and is uber luxurious. Very fine quality purchase that I plan on enjoying for many years.

Lawless Elements
Lawless Elements
by Greg Bascom
Price: $16.50
11 used & new from $1.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine Page-turner, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Lawless Elements (Paperback)
Lawless Elements by Greg Bascom is my kind of novel. The characters are vivid and dynamic. I enjoyed watching them evolve in keeping with challenges that arose during the story. They represented a panoply of different clashing cultures in authentic, informative settings in the Philippines. Not only is this page-turner entertaining, it taught me a lot about aspects of our history I didn't know. I am also a writer and scrutinize the craft and composition of books I read. Lawless Elements is beautifully crafted. Every nuance is integrated as it should be. All the loose ends come together by the end.
I know that the author has written personal essays and short stories for anthologies and has edited two books, but I believe that this is his first novel. I hope it is not his last. As the book concludes this segment of the life of main character, Steve Bryce, it clearly opens the door for more adventure and intrigue for him on assignment in other parts of the world. I hope a sequel is in the offing. Nice work, Mr. Bascom.
Review written by Lenny Karpman.

Voy! the Russian Word for Wow!
Voy! the Russian Word for Wow!
by Lenny Karpman
Price: $13.95
27 used & new from $12.82

5.0 out of 5 stars A story of an amazing woman told with great heart, January 31, 2011
I enjoyed reading this book very much. It is the story of an extraordinary Russian peasant woman in the very early 1900's who undertook a great journey on behalf of her six small children. Khana insisted on having what amounted to a prenuptial agreement with her soon-to-be husband, Tevya. Part of that agreement was to get the family to America, the land of opportunity and to ensure that all of their children, boys AND GIRLS, would receive educations. Khana had no formal schooling, but learned to read and write by sitting under the window of the village school house and listening to the lessons given. This is a beautiful and, at times, heart-wrenching tale of a devout, strong woman and her journey from an area near Chernobyl, Russia, across Siberia, to China and finally to the U.S. For the entire journey, she managed to stay kosher and maintain the traditions of her Jewish orthodox faith. The really amazing part of this story is that it is true. Khana was the author's grandmother. I highly recommend this beautifully written book.

Page: 1 | 2