Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Profile for MariaSmiles > Reviews

Browse

MariaSmiles' Profile

Customer Reviews: 241
Top Reviewer Ranking: 601

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MariaSmiles RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Instant Automatic Pop Up Backpacking Camping Hiking 2 Man Tent Orange Sealed
Instant Automatic Pop Up Backpacking Camping Hiking 2 Man Tent Orange Sealed

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy, but smells, & not great ventilation or screens, August 14, 2016
- Extremely easy set-up and pack-down. Staking not really needed, except for additional stability. Can be used indoors.

- Very strong plastic / chemical odor - recommended to air it out prior to use (or avoid altogether, if you're very sensitive).

- Not great ventilation, but not terrible. Has somewhat of a cross-breeze option, but would get very humid inside in the rain. No way to open the window vent from the inside. Propping the bottom of window or door would help, if you found a way to do that. Would be much better to have more windows.

- Screen has somewhat larger holes than a Coleman. So, some smaller bugs could get in, no-see-ums and whatnot.

- Nice height and good length for someone under 5'10" (my hubby is 5'11" and does not fit well, lengthwise). Width is ok for two smaller adults or people ok being very close, & don't have much gear.

- I bought as a cheap "keep in the car" or "sleep in a house with pets" option (I'm allergic). But, the intense odor and lack of good ventilation is making me consider returning it. It's a shame, since I like the packed & the setup size, the ease of setup and packing, and the color kinda matches my Exped mat (not really an issue, but a cool coincidence).

- I also bought the green & white Coleman 2 person pop up tent, and might keep that, instead. It's also easy set-up, although not entirely as easy pack-down. The floor is hubby-sized and, a quieter (although potentially less durable) material. There's virtually no discernible odor. The ventilation (in dry weather) is much better. The screens keep out a smaller-sized critter. And, although the height is less, the structure is more conducive to moving around a bit. I do wish it, too had an additional window (altho the moonroof aspect is awesome!), and also, it'd be great if it packed up as small as this one (&, was as inexpensive). The "tube" format seems easier to pack & carry than the "hubcap" format.

Each tent has its pros and cons. Knowing which aspects are important for your use & needs is the key.

I rely on reviews to help me make informed decisions. I hope this review was helpful to you :)

Indigo Wild Zum Mist, Frankincense & Myrrh, 4 Fluid Ounces
Indigo Wild Zum Mist, Frankincense & Myrrh, 4 Fluid Ounces
Offered by BIGFLY
Price: $10.12
20 used & new from $7.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: causes headaches, nausea, & a reduction in hugs, July 13, 2016
A friend wears this & uses it as a room spray. I truly love her, but the scent is so overpowering that I resist her hugs and even being near her, especially just after she sprays it. I am very "scent-sitive", so it may not bother others, but I could tell this had a synthetic fragrance in it and this was confirmed with a peek at the ingredients.

If you (or someone you love or are near, or could walk by) is at all sensitive to scents, i'd recommend avoiding this, on body or in-room (in-room literally takes my breath away, causes headaches, & nausea).

I rely on reviews to help me make informed decisions. I hope this review helped you.

David Archy Men's 3 Pack Micro Modal Drop-Needle Crew-Neck T-shirts(M,Black)
David Archy Men's 3 Pack Micro Modal Drop-Needle Crew-Neck T-shirts(M,Black)
Offered by CN-Smashing
Price: $59.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Silky soft & weird arm fit, June 29, 2016
The material is super soft and silky. The collar is a little unusual but not bothersome. The main problem is in the cut of the sleeve. It's totally fine if you don't raise your arms. My hubby raises his arms a lot for work (active labor), and the sleeves on this shirt lay weird and then bunch up on top, which looks awful under his dress shirts (yes, he wears dress shirts for his laborious job).

If he had a desk job or non-active job, (or was maybe built differently?) these might work. Note: he wears an undershirt every day and has for decades. I've bought him several different brands, this is the only one that fits this way, with the sleeve problem. He's a slender 33 / size M.

Such a shame these didn't work for him, as I love the content, hand, & drape of the material. Guess he'll just be wearing them "to bed" ;)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2016 7:16 PM PDT

Hyperikon LED A19 Dimmable Bulb, 9W (60W Equivalent), ENERGY STAR approved, 4000K (Daylight Glow), CRI90+, 800 Lumens, Medium Screw Base (E26), 340° Omnidirectional, UL - (Pack of 4)
Offered by Hyperikon
Price: $29.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Burning & Buzzing (&, not in the "party" way), June 29, 2016
Ugh! I SO wanted to love these!! I replaced 4 globe lights with these gorgeous and bright LEDs in my bathroom. The previous bulbs were 7 year-old incandescents and one had burned out. I love the 4000K color temp (in general), and the 90CRI was awesome, too. The fact that they were light-weight was also a bonus, as we were planning to add gooseneck extensions (never got to that point, tho).

I installed the 4 and was SO pleased with the brightness and clarity! I LOVED them!! I hopped in the shower and was happily showering away, enjoying the bliss of 4000K light (seriously, i love 4000K), when, after 15 or 20 minutes of them being on, I smelled BURNING. Not that "new hot plastic" burning smell, but that "is something on fire??" burning smell. At first it was faint (like, "am I imagining this?"), but soon enough, it got really strong (like, "oh crap! This could be dangerous!!"). I quicktly turned the lights off and it started to dissipate. Ugh!!

I left the lights off, and later that day, my hubby installed the dimmer I ordered specifically for this install. He's a handyman and has installed dozens of dimmers, including this same model in other locations within our home.

Lo and behold, they BUZZ!!! Grrrrr!

After consulting Hyperikon's chart of compatible Dimmers, (and looking into each option) I specifically ordered the "Lutron DVCL-153P-WH Diva Dimmer for CFL, LED, Halogen, and Incandescent Dimmable Bulbs, White", as that was the best recommended option for this project.

The light dims fully and smoothly, but the BUZZING is not acceptable. And, of course, neither is the BURNING!

This is so frustrating!! I thought I did all the right things and was so happy to find these bulbs. Now, i have to uninstall everything and look for a new bulb and take the time to return these. What a hassle! Not sure how they got so many great reviews - they failed me on two fronts :(

I rely on reviews to help me make buying decisions. I hope this review helped you.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Splayd Mini Spork (Foon) for Kids, Set of Two
Splayd Mini Spork (Foon) for Kids, Set of Two
Offered by ExportX Exclusives
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my mini-sporks!!, June 28, 2016
I totally love this kid-sized spork! I'm an adult with a loud, but small, mouth and I like vegetarian, mushy foods that sometimes need a poke (like macaroni and cheese or tiramisu). This spork is great for that and with the flat edge, i can scrape the sauce up, and hold it in the bowl part, too! The tongs are appropriately sized, both in width and depth, and are not too sharp (safety first!), while being sharp enough to pick up delicious bits of food.

It's my new favorite utensil!

Full disclosure - I'd actually give this 4.75 stars because I'd like the bowl part to be more rounded/ergonomic, but I think it's angled b/c of the "knife edge" (which is wonderfully NOT sharp or serrated!)

I rely on reviews to help me make informed decisions, I hope this review helped you. :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2016 6:54 AM PDT

LENA Menstrual Cup - Made in California - FDA Registered - SMALL - Normal Flow - Medical Silicone - Alternative to Pads and Tampons
Offered by LENA Inc.
Price: $39.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Details on why I'm going back to my Diva Cup, June 28, 2016
I really did want to like this cup. I'd done many hours of research, comparing sizes, capacities, shapes, stems, etc. and was certain this would be a perfect upgrade from my 1st gen diva cup 1.

Unfortunately, it wasn't :(

Others have posted very thorough reviews, so i'll just add the reasons why I didn't like it.

- in use, it held much less than my diva cup 1. I filled them both with water and they held the same amount; however, once inside, it was a different story. The Lena small leaked much sooner than my Diva ever would have. I've been wearing my diva for over 10 years (&, a Keeper for over 5 years before that), so I have a very robust set of "data" (120+ cycles) from which to draw.

- this cup was much more difficult to get a secure hold on (inside me and once outside). I think this is because of the wider base than my diva. I was hoping that the wider base meant larger capacity, but in fact, the opposite seemed to be true. Plus, the wider base combined with the softer stem made it very difficult to securely hold onto when taking to the sink.

- these two factors may be what also makes it messier during removal than my Diva. I think that squeezing the wider base in order to get a better hold, pushes the fluid up from the bottom to the top and possibly over the edge of the cup which makes more come out of the cup during removal, and also contributes to a slipperier exterior surface and even less control. Fortunately, because of the large holes and pinching the wide bottom, the cup never really stays super full (read: sarcasm), because this aspect really makes taking the cup with a wide bottom and flimsy stem to the sink even more precarious ('cause now it's super slippery, too). Ugh :(

It's pretty and soft and I really thought it would work. I was soooo bummed when it didn't. If you have a dainty period, maybe this cup would work for you.

Ymmv, but I wanted to share my experience, in the hopes that it was helpful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2016 5:36 PM PDT

Pocket Hitch Measuring Tape Holder
Pocket Hitch Measuring Tape Holder
Offered by P.S. Mfg Co.
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Low-profile, durable protection, May 11, 2016
This review is from: Pocket Hitch Measuring Tape Holder
Hubby uses this for work, he says "I like it". His previous one, a flat nylon one, was really great, but after a year or two of use, it fell apart. (But still protected his $$ work pants & leather belt). We needed a more durable one and, at first, bought a different leather one, but that stuck out too far.

This one is the (almost) perfect solution! Durable leather and flat profile. It clips onto his belt (the nylon one had to be slid). He hopes that it maintains the same good grip on his belt it has now.

The only slight con would be that, because it's hard leather, he can't wear it in the exact position where he'd prefer to (it digs into his hip). But, he just slides it to the back a little and that works fine.

He uses several measuring tapes on this, his main one being 25'.

We rely on reviews to help us make informed decisions. We hope this review helps you :)

Fired Up Heated Hoodies, Fuchsia, X-Large
Fired Up Heated Hoodies, Fuchsia, X-Large
Price: $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cozy for chilly nights or sore backs, May 11, 2016
Super cozy! Great for chilly nights or sore backs! Fit is men's style, but not crazy baggy. Materials are high quality. Zippers on pockets is a nice touch. I interacted with the company (FiredUpX) on a few occassions and found them to be responsive and helpful.

There was a slight odor when it first arrived. I'm thinking it was from the screenprint, but it has dissipated. I'm sensitive, so others might not notice it. Also, the "nylon liner" inside takes a little getting used to (like 5 mins, but again, I'm sensitive). That's the technical part of the hoodie, with the wires and whatnot, and is the part that gets removed for washing. The power button is permanently attached to the outer (cozy, pink) layer and is washable.

I'm so happy I splurged and bought this. Makes cold temps less dreadful and I think it even saves on my heating bill (I wear it around the house to keep me warm, instead of heating up the whole place). I like that it's cotton, like a soft hoodie. It really is super cozy, even without the heat. Relaxes my back and even eases my anxiety. That sounds crazy, but sometimes I get super tense and cold and this really helps release that feeling. I'm definitely a FIr (far infrared) fan!

I rely on reviews to help me make informed decisions. I hope this review helped you :)

Coolibar UPF 50+ Women's Ultra Sun Hat - Sun Protective (One Size - Carbon)
Coolibar UPF 50+ Women's Ultra Sun Hat - Sun Protective (One Size - Carbon)
Offered by Coolibar Sun Protective Clothing
Price: $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome hat for amazing adventures, May 2, 2016
Excellent trekking hat!!! It's light, durable, looks great after many miles of hiking, biking, and even white water rafting (wore it under my helmet)! Even holds up to packing, and being stuffed in a hot trunk!

Protects front and rear and even full-on face, if you're brave enough to wear the awesome face shield. Packs well, takes bumps and folds well. Even looks great after gettting wet (ice, wet washcloth, and also river water). Protects great and is breatheable. Long hair can get a little snagged in the chin strap clips (it's removable via clips), but it's not a major issue.

The brim might be bigger than is fashionable (i wouldnt know), but i love that it offers such awesome protection! The back flap in place of a back brim helps when wearing a helmet on top or when wearing in a car (as a passenger), or other situation where a back brim would be uncomfortable or even dangerous.

This is my favorite hat!

Thanks, Coolibar!!

I rely on reviews to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope this review helped you! :)

Coolibar UPF 50+ Women's Shapeable Sun Catcher Hat - Sun Protective,One Size,Carbon/Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but wrinkled easily, May 2, 2016
I bought this in 2015, in white with navy. It looks like that color is no longer available and the stitching looks different, so they may have changed the hat. I bought several Coolibar hats and this was the only one that creased badly when folded, even in the slightest. It even arrived creased, although packed flat. I still have the others and are very happy with them.

Overall, I've been immensely happy with Coolibar's items, but this was sent back. If you order it, and are concerned about wrinkling, just make sure you're happy before it's too late to return it. (&, feel free to comment here to let us know if this aspect has been updated for the current year).

I did really like the fit and squared brim shape, as well as the feel of the materials and the light on top / dark underneath coloring. I'm very careful with my things, but I also love to travel and foresaw this hat looking pretty beat-up faster than I'd hope, especially for the cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20