Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Profile for Peetzaa > Reviews

Browse

Peetzaa's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peetzaa RSS Feed (NY, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Dr. Scholl's P.R.O. Pain Relief Orthotics for Ball of Foot
Dr. Scholl's P.R.O. Pain Relief Orthotics for Ball of Foot
Price: $6.99
25 used & new from $2.70

4.0 out of 5 stars this product is a nice change of pace, January 11, 2015
I have a little bursitis at the base of my big toe, and have been reluctant to drop a few hundred bucks on custom orthotics. Unfortunately, most products that target the ball of the foot tend to be more for ladies wearing heels; so, this product is a nice change of pace.

The cushioning is pretty ample, and does not crowd your foot in the shoe. I actually wear this on top of a Dr. Scholl's "Work" brand insert, and am very very comfortable. All told, I can walk 3-5 miles without discomfort, and with a natural gait thanks to this product.

A note: all of the complaints about the adhesive are true. Quite simply, there is no adhesive on this product. I recommend a glue-stick to correct the problem.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars and the plastic sturdy enough to accept the torque required to floss in ..., January 11, 2015
I had been looking for a replacement for a Glide-brand flosser I got a decade ago that finally snapped. My criteria was this:

- I have to be able to use my own floss. I have all my wisdom teeth, and very narrow gaps between my teeth which require very thin floss. Most disposable flossers do not accommodate.
- I need to be able to apply sufficient leverage to floss my rear teeth.
- The floss needs to stay taught, in place.

This product nailed it on all accounts. The business-end is deep enough to make it past the gum-line, and the plastic sturdy enough to accept the torque required to floss in back.

In terms of downsides:

- It feels cheap. I don't expect a long lfe-span.
- The floss can be difficult to pull out of the spool at the bottom.

Overall, minor complaints but enough to make me hesitate from a 5-star review.

I should note: in my search, I had tried a GUM Flosbrush, but that flosser had far too shallow a business end to be useful. This is a superior product.

Betty Crocker, Reese's Puffs Muffin Mix, 12.75oz Box (Pack of 6)
Betty Crocker, Reese's Puffs Muffin Mix, 12.75oz Box (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Much Just Reese's Flavored Cake, July 29, 2013
I made this product in a 13x9 pan instead of muffin tins. Baked it at 400 for 15-20 minutes, and it bakes up like any cake mix.

Flavor is good, but only vaguely peanut-ish. The directions advise putting the crumble topping on prior to baking, but it just melts into the top of the cake and loses any textural contrast it could provide. My advice is to put it on a few minutes before you plan on removing the cake from the oven so the crumble doesn't totally melt.

Cold Days: A Novel of the Dresden Files
Cold Days: A Novel of the Dresden Files
by Jim Butcher
134 used & new from $0.24

3.0 out of 5 stars I Miss Harry Dresden, December 2, 2012
I just finished the book, and thought it was very entertaining. The series itself continues to proceed in a coherent fashion, and the writing has improved over time.

My one complaint, perhaps not directed at "Cold Days" specifically, is that these books are no longer "detective novels". I miss the detective stories and the pulp-y, sarcastic nature of Harry. Now Harry is more self-indulgent then self-deprecating, and the humor has taken a backseat to the action.

Not that action is terrible. I finished this book in a weekend and cannot wait for the next; however, I question whether moving the story further and further from "reality" is a wise move for this character. For many books now Harry has not been the "only wizard for hire", and "Cold Days" continues that trend.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2012 5:59 PM PST

j/fit Deluxe Multi Exercise Doorway Pull-Up Bar with Comfort Grips - LONGEST LENGTH BAR AVAILABLE 40" WIDE. (Pull-ups, Chin-ups, Push-ups, Sit-ups, and Dips!)
Price: $22.28
12 used & new from $18.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Home Workout Enthusiast, November 8, 2012
I am tremendously impressed with this product. The bar is extremely sturdy and feels stable enough to support my 160 pound frame.

I use the bar without the mounting attachments, and find that it stays in place very well. Because I have such limited space (450 sq. feet), the ability to remove the bar when not in use is important, and this product makes doing that very easy. Simply unscrew the bar and store anywhere out of the way (under the couch, in the closet, etc.).

One concern: the grips are static. So, if you want to use the grips you will find yourself pulling up right next to the door frame.

Seirus Innovation Poly Pro Glove Liner
Seirus Innovation Poly Pro Glove Liner
Price: $9.20 - $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Cool Weather/Indoor Use, September 25, 2012
I have what can only be called the coldest hands on the planet. Even in late September in New York I need a light glove to keep my hands warm; additionally, I need a thin glove that will facilitate computer use in my chilly office. These glove-liners have been my go-to solution for several years. I go through 2-3 pairs each year, and am so thankful they are still available.

For the record, I have tried in past years to find a replacement (just in case). There are other glove-liners out there that are thin; however, they tend to be polyester or other synthetic fabric blend which is not as warm and tend to lack grip. These gloves have a nice cotton feel to them, and while they tend to pill, hold up generally well to daily use.

Stinger Indoor Insect Trap
Stinger Indoor Insect Trap
Price: $32.40
38 used & new from $25.11

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bittersweet Find, July 3, 2012
I live in Manhattan, and have been absolutely cursed by mosquitoes for the past 3 years. Between late April and late September, if I leave the windows open past dusk inevitably the little buggers will find their way inside. So, I tracked down this product (which was well reviewed) and figured for $30, why not give it a shot.

So I have been using it for several months, and have had mixed success. First, I turn this guy on only at light's out (tv off, all the lights off). Since I started doing this, I have not had problems getting bitten while I sleep, which is tremendous. Not only that, the quantity of mosquitoes in my apartment has been reduced dramatically. So far, so good! The issue I have encountered is that whenever I open the catch tray, it is empty. Whether the trap is just attracting the mosquitoes to the light, and then they die elsewhere; or the universe is playing a cruel joke on me, I cannot tell. Regardless, mosquito problem solved.

Overall, I am very satisfied because I can sleep through the night without getting crazy mosquito bites. One star knocked off because it does not seem to catch anything.

On a few other points that other reviewers mentioned:

1. Very quiet, I do not notice the noise at all.
2. Light is not super bright, but I still would not want it in my bedroom.

Caliban's War (The Expanse)
Caliban's War (The Expanse)
by James S. A. Corey
Price: $10.11
100 used & new from $3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Sets the Table Nicely, July 1, 2012
Just finished this installment today, and was quite pleased. The story is a bit on the drawn out side; however, the action rises toward the end and involves a few suspenseful chapters which were enjoyable. The characters continue to evolve and become more likable, with enough new additions to keep things interesting.

My hypothesis is the next book will be the best as the conclusion of the second installment moves the plot along, asks plenty of interesting questions, and leaves us with some developed characters.

F. Dick 11-inch Multicut Steel Flat Fine Cut 7650428
F. Dick 11-inch Multicut Steel Flat Fine Cut 7650428
Offered by Lions Deal Restaurant Supplies
Price: $107.95
7 used & new from $99.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Piece of Sharpening Technology, December 27, 2011
Back when I attended the Culinary Institute of America (03-05), this steel caused quite an uproar. It allows your knife to hold its edge for extensive periods of time without stone or grinder sharpening, and is invaluable to the professional or serious cook. That said, if you are a novice or beginner cook, you should probably skip this steel.

From my experience owning and using this steel, this is the best procedure:

1. Have your knives professionally sharpened once or twice a year (depending on use).
2. Use this steel before and after each use of your knife. Steel the knife with moderate pressure. I go at least 10 swipes on each side.
3. While cutting, steel your knife every 10-15 minutes, or more frequently when butchering raw meat or slicing cooked meat.
4. Wash the steel with warm, soapy water after every use.

Nothing will ever eliminate sharpening altogether. And while it is pricey, this is quite simply the only steel you will ever buy.

DBSound Black High Fidelity Noise Cancelling Stereo Headset with Microphone and On/off button for Google Android Phones - Includes Zippered Case + 3 sizes Ear Buds

3.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, August 30, 2011
I have had these headphones for several weeks and find them to be of middling quality.

On the plus side:

1. Cost is very good
2. They seem to be of solid construction
3. The call connect/disconnect button works well
4. The microphone is fairly sensitive and no one has complained they cannot hear me, even on the streets of Manhattan.

On the minus side:

1. The earbuds will not stay in my ear, regardless of which earbud size I use. This may be a defect with my ear, as this has happened with other pairs of headphones I have had; however, never quite so often as this pair. I will turn my head, and the headphone on the opposite side will pop out; making them nearly unusable when walking, and totally unusable when running.
2. When listening to music the sound is very "tinny". They are cheap headphones, so I wasn't really surprised; just be aware if you purchase these you will only have fair sound quality. Voice quality is good enough.

All told, I plan on keeping these as backup just in case; though I have since ordered a pair of OEM Samsung headphones that came with my Galaxy and work very well.

Page: 1 | 2