Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Nomadic Monster > Reviews

Browse

Nomadic Monster's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nomadic Monster RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Everyone complaining about blurriness is spot on., September 29, 2014
I'm in complete agreement with other reviewers about blur and clarity issues. I couldn't go a full day with it on my monitor. I'd rather deal with the reflections than risk making my vision worse. The company I work for owns this monitor, so I can't swap out the glass for a Macframe. Ugh. What a bummer.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Short-term, fun, low-cost alternative to manicures., March 8, 2014
I'm not the mani-pedi type, but I do like to paint my nails when the rare mood strikes. The Essie Sleek Stick was a fun thing to try. Application wasn't tricky at all. I followed the directions precisely, and the results were good. The stickers (because that's ultimately what they are) started to show signs of degradation on day two. One week in, I removed them. Speaking of removal: The directions suggest using cuticle oil. I second that suggestion. The stickers leave behind adhesive residue on your nails. The cuticle oil helps with scraping the residue off. You know, sort of like using orange oil to remove tape residue or price tag residue off the surface of something. I'd use these again, but not anytime soon, truthfully.

DDF Glycolic 5% Exfoliating Wash, 6 fl. oz.
DDF Glycolic 5% Exfoliating Wash, 6 fl. oz.
Price: $39.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Less product. Same price?, March 8, 2014
I've been a longtime DDF user. Their products work great (for me, anyway). What bothers me most about the new bottle design is you get less product — a little over two ounces less. And yet DDF wants you to pay the same price as before. That's not cool. Once I finish off this bottle, I'll be looking into other skincare lines.

Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
Price: $96.75
61 used & new from $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoover LiNX: 0, Tidy Cat Breeze Pellets: 1, January 27, 2013
The LiNX is OK. I was really hoping the suction would be strong enough to pick up the kitty litter pellets (this stuff: Tidy Cats Breeze Litter Pellet Refill, 3.5-Pound Packages (Pack of 6) that our cat kicks out of her box, but the LiNX is no match for them. Which is a bummer because it means I still have to hunch over to vacuum up those dang pellets using the cheapie Shark Cordless hand vac. <sigh> Oh well.

White Kidney Bean Extract Low Carb Diet Support Phaseolus Vulgaris 1,500mg 90 Capsules 1 Bottle

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm at work. At my desk. Farting., January 23, 2013
I recently switched to this brand of white bean extract. Previously I was taking a brand whose daily dosage stated "not to exceed more than 3 pills." This one, however, doesn't have any daily intake restrictions. In fact, it says to take 3 pills with every meal containing carbs and/or starches. Well, if you're eating 3 meals/day with carbs and/or starches in them, that's a whopping 9 pills a day. Needless to say, the gassy side effect is *very* prevalent. And I'm sorry, but I can't go 100 percent carb-less. I did that 10 years ago when Atkins and South Beach were the cool kids in school. Sure, I lost a lot of weight eliminating carbs from my diet, but man was I miserable. Besides, these days I rely on certain foods with whole grain fiber for energy and...well...other bodily <ahem> eliminations, shall we say. Eat a small cup of steel-cut oatmeal, pop 3 pills of this stuff, and here I am. At work. Doing my best to conceal my farts. In an open studio, no less, so I don't even have the quasi-privacy of a cubicle. It's comical and tragic. As for whether it's helping me shed pounds, it's really too soon to say. But despite the product's uncomfortable side effect, I'm willing to stick with it until the pills are gone. And at 9+ pills a day, that won't take long. I should probably stock up on Beano in the meantime.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 7:58 PM PDT

Pioneer Pet Raindrop Ceramic Drinking Fountain for Pets, White
Pioneer Pet Raindrop Ceramic Drinking Fountain for Pets, White
Price: $47.29
15 used & new from $42.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for our zaftig kitty. : ), January 13, 2013
First off, we didn't have splashing or spillage issues. No issues with the top, crescent-shaped portion slipping off, either. The sound of the bubbling water is a tad bothersome, but only because we can't escape it given that we live in a loft. My biggest complaint with the Raindrop is that the area where your cat drinks from isn't very large. If your cat is small to average size, then this probably won't be an issue for you. Our cat isn't small. I referred to her as "zaftig" in the title, but she's actually not that plump anymore. She's still a big cat, though (we think she's part Maine Coon). And I remember seeing online somewhere that cats don't like the edges of their food and water bowls to touch their whiskers. Apparently it's extremely annoying for them. So we purchased a big, white ceramic bowl -- probably about 13" in diameter -- to use as her water bowl. And she drank happily from that bowl many times a day. I bought the Raindrop not with the intent on getting her to drink more, because that was never a problem, but because it looked cool, and I wanted to get her a Xmas gift. : ) But the Raindrop's opening is drastically smaller than what she had before, which resulted in her drinking less. So after two days -- yup, only two days of use -- I disconnected the Raindrop, and put back her old water bowl. More often than not, practical trumps cool.

Jules Smith "Wrapped Up" Gunmetal Wrapped Black Jelly Bangle Bracelets, Set of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Rubber Bangles for Grown-Ups : ), November 12, 2012
It's very nostalgic wearing these rubber bracelets. For me, at least. I remember being a tween in the late 80s rocking rubber bracelets by the dozen -- twisted and knotted and loose. This set by Jules Smith feels like a more grown-up version of those same rubber bracelets from way back when. My only complaint about them are the "JS" initials on one of the bangles (which I knew about in advance, courtesy of the preview photo). It just comes off as a design afterthought and kind of spoils the look a bit. Oh, and I suppose $29 for these feels just a wee bit high as a price point if only because they are primarily rubber.

12 PACKS - B&E Home Essential Vacuum Storage Bags (3 Large/ 5 Medium/ 2 Large Travel Bags/ 2 Medium Travel Bags) - Set of 12

3.0 out of 5 stars Works better w/o plastic ring thingy., June 1, 2012
I'll be honest, my expectations for these vacuum storage bags was low at best. Amazon ratings for nearly all of the vacuum storage bags sold on the site range from mediocre to poor, so I was prepared mentally for failure. This is the first time I've had a need for such a thing, so I have no basis for comparison. These bags worked OK. I think we used like five or six bags (so far), and they *mostly* retained their suctioned state. By accident, we left off the dome-shaped ring thingy from one of the bags, and that bag retained all of the suction. The ring seems to be more cosmetic than utilitarian, so going forward, I think I'll just skip using it.

Monster High Rochelle Goyle Doll
Monster High Rochelle Goyle Doll
Offered by Closeout Connection
Price: $39.99
37 used & new from $24.90

4.0 out of 5 stars She's cute, even with blue Chicken Pox., June 1, 2012
I collect MH dolls and leave them boxed, so I can't speak to Rochelle's or any of the dolls' playability. And for what it's worth, I'm not the kind of collector you loathe, meaning I don't buy two of each doll -- one to unbox, one to keep boxed. I just buy one and call it a day.

Rochelle arrived today, and I have to admit: Her blue spots -- which are meant to give her a stone-y/granite-y look -- don't really flatter her. I think she looks like she's suffering from Chicken Pox or a really bad acne outbreak. Had the facial spots been a tad more deliberate, like a beauty mole near her mouth or by the corner of her eye, I might feel differently about her appearance. But that aside, I think she's cute. I like how the bright pink and turquoise pop against the gray/black/white.

In response to reviewers who suggest Amazon sellers' MH doll pricing is inflated: Yes, they are. But I don't live in suburbia where Target and/or Walmart and/or KMart and/or Toys R Us are just a quick trip down the street. So for me, the act of paying ~$30 for a doll with no sales tax and free two-day shipping is WAY BETTER than driving 10+ miles one way to the closest Target (fuel prices in my area are hovering close to $5/gallon), hoping against all hope that they received stock, that said stock is undamaged, if it is undamaged, spending ~$20 + 10% sales tax, and making the 10+ mile journey home. My money is most definitely valuable. But so is my time. So in the grand scheme of things, 30 bucks in total ain't bad. Now you sellers charging $60 or more for non-limited-edition dolls? You're a special kind of jerk.

Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron (1-1/4") - Black
Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron (1-1/4") - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK but doesn't seem like it'll last., March 27, 2012
I purchased this flat iron through another online retailer a couple of weeks ago. The nutshell: It's going back. I just don't feel like its construction is solid, and thus it won't hold up over the years. The plates are thin (compared to previous flat irons I've owned that have each lasted me 4+ years), and the plastic housing feels fragile. If the flat iron were to fall on tiled or hardwood floors, game over. Don't get me wrong; it does the job fine enough. It just doesn't feel well made.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3