Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Ryan Encarnacion > Reviews

Browse

Ryan Encarnacion's Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ryan Encarnacion RSS Feed (Orlando, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect Bundle (Includes Chat Headset)
Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect Bundle (Includes Chat Headset)
Offered by HotDeal Express
Price: $304.00
127 used & new from $203.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday bundle for the family, November 3, 2015
Bought this bundle during promo and got halo 5 guardians for free. Thank you Amazon. Was going to wait til Black Friday to get a deal on a console bundle, but this was too good to pass up. I'm sure they'll have more bundles like that in the coming weeks. The 3 games that are included have to be downloaded. So far I've only done rival sports...took about 2 hours to downloaded. Maybe it's my wifi, but I'll update once I download the other 2.

Total time from the time I got it plugged in till I was actually playing halo, took about an hour. Also worth mentioning, loading sports rivals and updating halo 5 is already using 18% of the 500gb hard drive. Not really going to go into specs and how amazing the Xbox one as a whole is, ton of great reviews already on the other bundles.

But if you're like me, and have held off on buying the Xbox one until now, don't miss out on this. This is the cheapest bundle with games and Kinect. Kinect is great for the kids. Don't really need to buy anymore games or controllers with this bundle. Your body is the controller. And no, the actual controller does not include a headphone jack. Comes with all cables (even a hdmi) and headset for online play. Also gives you a 30 day trial of Xbox live gold during setup, but you do have to enter a credit card.

Also learned that if you have prime, Amazon discounts Xbox games. So even though I got halo for free, they still gave $10 off. Halo looks and plays amazing, haven't played a fps since halo 3 on the 360, but it's like riding a bike I guess...it just comes naturally back :)

LEGO Disney Princess Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle 41062
LEGO Disney Princess Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle 41062
Price: $31.99
270 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it Go, and just buy it, January 1, 2015
I just picked this up at target and my daughter couldn't have been happier. As an AFOL, the figs alone are worth the $40 I spent. Lego could have easily made this a bigger set with a $80 or $90 price point and it still would have sold out everywhere. The set has lots of playability and took my 6 yr old about an hour to build with minimal help. Sure, it doesn't come with kristoff or Sven, but I'm almost positive that they will be in a future set. If you have a Frozen fanatic at home, get this while you can cause I can assure you this will become sold out everywhere and sure to be a Lego collectible.

LEGO Disney Princess Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle Set #41062

Offered by iToon
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Selfie time!!!, December 10, 2014
True plug and play selfie stick. Worked perfectly out of the box with my iPhone 5s. Got it right before our trip to Vegas with 10 other couples. We used it to capture the group during dinners and walking the strip. Others in our group had more expensive selfie sticks that required Bluetooth connection. Ours became the go-to since it was easiest to use and most reliable. You just plug it in, push the photo icon, and start snapping away. Never once had a problem with the capture button. I was worried about the phone possibly slipping out while fully extended, but it never once budged.

LEGO Star Wars: These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For
LEGO Star Wars: These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For
by Ameet Studio
Price: $6.00
79 used & new from $0.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's Waldo...I mean IG-88, September 20, 2014
Cute little book that feels a lot like Where's Waldo, except for the fact your not searching for Waldo and it is set in the Star Wars universe. Here you're trying to find the clever IG-88, who we know is out to cause trouble. You would think it'd be easy for an adult to find him, but even I had trouble in some of the jampacked pages. My 5 year old loves this book and thinks it's absolutely hilarious. There are many more things to do than just finding the little droid. This book is great for playing I-Spy, finding difference between similar pages, and also teaching your child about other Star Wars characters. My son got into Star Wars because of Lego, and now he tries to recreate some of the funny scenes in the book with his Lego. Get this book, you won't regret it =)

LEGO Minifigure Year by Year: A Visual History
LEGO Minifigure Year by Year: A Visual History
by Greg Farshtey
Price: $26.49
94 used & new from $5.14

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Lego Minifigure Book, September 15, 2013
As a Adult Fan of Lego, I've been waiting for a book like this for a very long time. A truly must-have for any minifig collector. I've had the book since yesterday and I literally have not put it down. The book is jam packed with 255 pages of beautiful pictures of minifigures and the short explanations for each of them. The minifig is the star of this book, and rightfully so.

It starts with a brief history of the minifigure and how they are made. Then the book quickly switches to a timeline sort of structure for the rest of the book going by decades and years. This creates a incredible journey for the reader as you witness the progression and subtle advances of the Lego Minifigure. Now, if you're looking for a checklist of every minifig ever created, this is not the book. It does however highlight almost every genre ever created. From the classic Lego Space and Castle sets in the 70's, to today's modern and popular Chima and Star Wars lines. The features some of the most common minifigs, but also does a great job spotlighting some of the most rare figures. It also does a great job in pointing out slight differences between similar looking figs.

Collecting minifigs and playing with them has always been fun. This book highlights this by being informative, funny, and very addictive. It has already helped me put back together some of the mismatched minifigs I've had for years, but it has also made me want to add more to my already sizable collection. Therein lies the only problem with this book, the hunt for more is on.

Did I mention the book comes with a Storm Trooper, a Robber, and a Towns Person?
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 12:30 PM PST

i-Blason ArmorBox Series 2 Layer Kids Friendly Hybrid Protection Case for 7.9-Inch Apple New iPad mini with Kick Stand (iPadMini7InchArmorbox-Margentta/Black)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, November 18, 2012
I ordered this case cause the otterbox was not yet available through amazon and I did not feel like spending $60 for a case at this point. I did however still need a heavy duty case since the main user for the mini would be my 3 year old son.

With not many buying choices for kid friendly cases, I took a shot with this since it only $20. I didn't have much of a expectation but it has far exceeded them so far. The case arrived quickly and it was easy to install. Simply remove the rubber outside and unsnap the plastic hard case in two. The ipad mini fit perfectly inside and the rubber shell was easy to reinstall over the hard case. All the cutouts for are in the right places and buttons are easily accessible. I mainly chose this case over another I-blason $20 case because of the kickstand that can be used horizontally and vertically. The stand works great both ways and feels solid.

The case does add some weight to the very light mini but I think it's a worthy trade off for what feels like solid protection. Only thing is, I wish I-blason would include a screen protector with this case.

i-Blason ArmorBox Series 2 Layer Kids Friendly Hybrid Protection Case for 7.9-Inch Apple New iPad mini with Kick Stand (iPadMini7InchArmorbox-Pink/White)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, November 18, 2012

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Toddlers, November 16, 2012
Let me just start off by saying that this review will probably only be helpful if you're trying to decide which ipad to buy for you and your child. I will not go too much into technical aspects, overall functionality, and capabilities of the ipad mini. There's a great apple website for that. I will however tell you why I like the mini for my 3 year old son over the ipad 2.

To give full disclosure, we love apple products. Our family pretty much owns every single iThing that apple makes. My son's been using an ipod touch practically ever since he was born. So...a little over a year ago, we upgraded him to an ipad 2, which he absolutely loved. With apps like Tozzle, Teach me Toddler, and the Toca Boca apps, which kid wouldn't? My son has learned so much from using the educational apps on a daily basis. Here's a question for you though...

What are 2, 3 and even some year 4 year olds better at than being sponges and quickly learning things?
BREAKING THINGS

An ipad is most definitely something most of us can not afford to be broken. So to protect mine, I bought a OtterBox Defender Series Case with Screen Protector and Stand for the New iPad (4th Generation), iPad 2 and 3 - Black. Once on, this case is just awesome and protects your ipad like a tank. But to a 2 year old with slippery fingers, it might as well weigh 50 pounds at that point. Now that my son is 3, he's gotten used to it and knows to carry it with both hands, but it's still a little heavy and bulky for him.

This is where the ipad mini comes into play. I was a little hesitant at first to pre-order one since it didn't come with a retina display like the 2. I went ahead and convinced myself that we needed a an upgrade in gigs. Who knew that 16 gigs on an ipad 2 would not be enough? I got the 32gig mini in white and setup was a breeze. I was able to just plug it in and choose the last back up of the ipad 2 for configuration. It immediately loaded all our favorite apps, songs, pictures, and movies to the mini without hassle. The look on his face when I handed it to him was just priceless. He had the biggest smile on his face and his exact words
were, "it's a baby ipad."

He absolutely loves this thing even more. He's been using it solely for about a week now and has not dropped it once. We got him the i-Blason ArmorBox Series 2 Layer Hybrid Protection Case For Apple New iPad Mini 7.9 Inch with Kick Stand Kids Friendly (Multi Color) - Blue / White and Ionic Screen Protector Film MATTE (Anti-Glare) for New Apple iPad Mini 7.85 inch / the iPad Mini 7 Inch / built-in Stand for Apple iPad Mini 7.85 inch Latest Generation 4G LTE (3-pack) just in case though. Even with this case, it's still far lighter than the ipad 2 with the otterbox. He can now easily carry the "baby ipad" from room to room.

All in all, the ipad mini is basically an ipad 2 that went on a diet and exercised. It's smaller, lighter, and faster. Perfect for your little one at home who's curious about everything. The Ipod touch was too little for our son, the regular Ipad was too big, the mini...Is just right =) We still kept the ipad 2, cause that is perfect for mommy and daddy. Hopefully this was helpful for parents. Please feel free to ask a question or post a comment on this review. Thank you!!!

Fa La La (Leslie Patricelli board books)
Fa La La (Leslie Patricelli board books)
by Leslie Patricelli
Edition: Board book
Price: $6.99
115 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "I Love Christmas", November 16, 2012
Another great addition to the books by Leslie Patricelli. My son is a huge fan and has all the books in the series. Even though he's three now, these are still some of his favorite books. He actually refers to the little baby in the book as himself. So when I saw the Christmas themed book, I knew I had to buy it.

The book follows our little hero on the events leading up to Christmas day. There's picking out a tree and decorating it. Building a gingerbread house, making presents, singing christmas carols, and even standing in line and being patient to see Santa. Of course, all this leads up to wonderful Christmas day.

Now is the perfect time to purchase this book and share with your little one. My son wants this book read almost daily now and he's looking forward to doing all the things "he's doing" in the book. He knows he has to be a good boy so Santa will give him lots of gifts for Christmas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6