Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Holland, Michigan)

Free Country Men's Multi Ripstop Mdweight, Gold, Medium
Free Country Men's Multi Ripstop Mdweight, Gold, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Midweight, but toasty warm!, September 19, 2015
I ordered two of these jackets, one gold and one in "Lead Pencil".
Items delivered on time and well packaged.
As other reviews have pointed out, these jackets run slightly large in the body, but that will work well for me since I wanted to layer hoodies and sweaters underneath. I have worn this brand of jacket before, and believe me, they keep you WARM in very cold weather. This makes them ideal for a winter coat in Michigan winters.

Mahjong Titan
Mahjong Titan
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Mahjong fun!, April 5, 2015
This review is from: Mahjong Titan (App)
Download and play this version of Mahjong. You won't regret it!

LG Ultimate 2 L41C Android Prepaid Phone with Triple Minutes (Tracfone)
LG Ultimate 2 L41C Android Prepaid Phone with Triple Minutes (Tracfone)
Offered by Xcellent Computer
Price: $66.69
10 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hats off to Tracfone. They finally found the sweet spot!!, November 22, 2014
Since the specs on this outstanding Tracfone can be found all over the interwebz, I will avoid delving into all of that particular info.
What I will say is this: If you are a current owner of any of the previous Tracfone forays into the smartphone arena (Centura, Optimus Fuel, Dynamic, etc.) and you found yourself disillusioned, the LG Ultimate 2 will restore your faith in Tracone Smartphones!
I have been experimenting with my Ultimate 2 for 24 hours and have yet to experience any lag, hangups, or other issues that seem to plague the forementioned Tracfones!

Long story short...Trackfone now offers a smartphone that delivers as promised. Fast, fun, and at a fraction of the price of other carriers plans. Get it. You won't regret it!

***Update*** - 1month later:

Still impressed. So much so that I decided to sell my Nexus 7 tablet since I don't pick it up anymore. My Ultimate 2 does everything the tablet does.

I have upgraded my review from 4 to 5 stars. There are plenty of protective phone covers to be found on Amazon. This makes the slippery back cover a non-issue for me.

A couple of comments on performance and storage:

Storage - Found that my LG Ultmate 2 has built in app transfer that allows me to move some of my apps to my 16 gig micro sd card. Out of the 23 apps I downloaded to my phone, I was able to move half to my micro sd card and I still have 3.8 gigs storage space available on my LG.

Memory - My Ultimate 2 consistently runs with 200 to 300 megs of memory to spare. I also installed (and highly recommend) an app (DU Speed Booster) that keeps my LG running smooth and lag free.
Comment Comments (23) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2015 3:26 PM PST

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Roku Killer!, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I purchased the Fire TV hoping that it would solve the constant buffering / picture quality issues I was experiencing with my Roku.
Because I have been a Roku advocate for years I was skeptical of the FireTV, yet curious enough to try one out.

I hooked it up and went through the setup. I found out immediately that the Fire TV box was already registered to my Amazon Prime account. (Nice touch Amazon!)
Next I downloaded the firmware update via ethernet, (I HIGHLY recommenrd this) loaded Netflix and Hulu Plus apps, and commenced watching.
WOW!! What a difference!!
Many claim that buffering and picture quality are network related issue and not the fault of my Roku box. I vehemently disagree with that statement.
We currently have 12 Internet connected devices on our home network (Tablets, smartphones, desktop, laptop) and I can tell you that I ran my FireTV inder normal network traffic load conditions and I experienced ZERO buffering or picture quality issues.
If you are a Roku user like I was and found yourself getting frustrated trying to exit Hulu Plus and getting hung up in the process, I can tell you that the Fire TV will turn that experience into a memory!. No more "Hulu Hangup" . The Fire TV sports a quad core processor and 2 gigs of ram and it islightning fast. Switching between games and movie straming apps is almost instantaneous.
The voice search feature for Amazon Prime works flawlessly. I am looking forward to voice search for Netflix and USB external streaming support being enabled in the near future.

My only gripe against FireTV is that there is no WWE Network app available for it. That will probably change soon though, as the selection of Android apps are constantly being added/ported to the Fire TV.

Now that Roku has been eclipsed by the competition, I suspect they will attempt to up thier game and produce a streaming box that they hope will sway ex-Roku faithful back to the fold.

Problem is, Android is the future..............

Signed,
A Fire TV convert
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2014 5:48 PM PDT

NETGEAR (WN3000RP) Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender (Certified Refurbished)
NETGEAR (WN3000RP) Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender (Certified Refurbished)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised...If you follow this setup., March 7, 2014
I too was initially frustrated with this extender. I was ready to pitch mine (lost my receipt so I could not return it.) until I tried the following solution, which I found online:

1.) Plug the extender into an outlet, push the "connect" buttons on my router and the extender to get them to communicate with one another.
2.) Connect a laptop to this extender with an ethernet cable (NOTE: Turn off wi-fi on the laptop first, then plug in the ethernet cable. If you don't turn off wifi on your laptop or desktop or this will not work!)
3.) Open up your web browser, and the Netgear setup wizard appears in your browser.
4.) Select your type of wireless setup.
5.) Wizard asks for the name of your network. Select your network.
6.) Wizard asks you to assign a pass code. Type in your network key.
7.) The wizard will then create a path to the wifi extender with your network name and adds "_EXT" to it.
You should now see 4 green lights on your extender.
8.) Disconnect the wired connection to your laptop, activate the wireless on your laptop, connect to the network with the "EXT extension and you're good to go!

Too bad they didn't just include these instructions with the wifi extender. Doing so would have probably saved some folks a lot of frustration.
Nonetheless, I have had a constant 5 bar signal for a few days now. No dropped signal experienced yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2014 8:27 PM PDT

GraveStompers: Kid Zombies Save Eradiction!
GraveStompers: Kid Zombies Save Eradiction!
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best zombie game ever!, July 7, 2013
Was not a big fan of zombie themed games until I tried Grave Stompers.I tried many others, but did not keep them on my tablet because I soon became bored with them. Grave Stompers is loads of zombie slashing, shooting and bashing fun! Top notch graphics. Love the rage mode. Try it, you will love it!

Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones
Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones
Offered by C&D Savings
Price: $14.99
14 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice earphones for the price., October 16, 2012
Fast delivery.I received these a few days early.
Sound is quite nice with clear-but-not-tinny highs and adequate bass that will not make your ears bleed. I like my ears and want them to last. :)

Comes w/ 3 sets of flexi plugs for custom sizing.
Overall, very nice earphones at a great value! I have paid twice the price for earphones of equal sound and quality, (can you say Skull Candy!)and highly recommend Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 11:46 PM PST

The Dark Side Of The Moon [2011 - Remaster] (2011 - Remaster)
The Dark Side Of The Moon [2011 - Remaster] (2011 - Remaster)

5.0 out of 5 stars What's to criticize? "Moon" is a classic masterpiece!, August 5, 2012
As the title of my review suggests,this is the Floyd's magnum opus.
An aural assault on the senses that will leave you wanting more.
Buy it, you will be glad you did!!

Headlong Flight
Headlong Flight

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING - RUSH IS BACK!!!, May 27, 2012
This review is from: Headlong Flight (MP3 Music)
This song has me salivating for the releases of Rush's upcoming "Clockwork Angels" CD.
Destined to go down as one of Rush's many masterpieces.