Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School STEM
Profile for Tom Hanna > Reviews

Browse

Tom Hanna's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom Hanna "tomhanna" RSS Feed (Houston, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
Telico C23 2.7-Inch LCD FHD 1080p 170° Dash Cam Pro Car Dashboard Camera with G-Sensor, WDR, Night Vision and 8g MicroSD Card
Offered by Telico
Price: $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good inexpensive solution for rideshare drivers, May 27, 2016
I purchased this camera because I was searching for a solution to provide a layer of security for myself and my passengers as a rideshare driver (Uber, Lyft, Wingz, etc.). This is the second dash cam that I've tried. The other was over $100 and didn't work as well.

For the price this is really a five star product, but there are a few cons to be aware of.

The manual has some issues. The numbers on the photos of the product match the list of button names, but don't match the written descriptions of the buttons. So you have to take a two step process of finding the name in the list, then taking that name to page showing the functions. For example, the number 1 on the photos points to the bracket slot; the list shows 1 as the bracket slot; the descriptions shows 1 as the power button. I literally was looking for a button hidden inside the bracket slot for about a minute.

The manual is also very sparse in terms of instructions. I haven't actually played around with this enough to really figure everything out. There are quite a few good functions, but it will take a certain amount of patience and trial and error to figure them out. This is partially because of the manual and partially because of the icons on the screen and menus. The descriptions don't make it easy to figure out what mode the camera is in. There's a function to lock video so it can't be erased from memory. This apparently has to be done during recording, not after. Again, the manual could be more detailed. The buttons are kind of blended together into two big buttons with three sections. They have labels etched in, but are the same black color as the body of the camera. The buttons work just fine.

The quality of the video is good. It's certainly good enough to provide a record of events. It's not "I'm going to make a documentary of my cross country road trip" good.

The included charging cord is long enough to reach the lighter outlet easily. The windshield suction cup mount works well.

Bottom line, this is a good inexpensive camera for providing some basic security while driving.

I received a discount on the price of this camera in exchange for providing my honest review.

2014 Hyundai Accent
2014 Hyundai Accent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car, great price, April 18, 2016
This review is from: 2014 Hyundai Accent
This is my 2nd Accent. This is one of the least expensive entry level cars in the US market. Still, it is comfortable, even on long drives. It has plenty of acceleration. The 6 speed manual transmission gives plenty of control over acceleration and fuel economy. I get well over 40 mpg average on the highway, for half the cost of a hybrid.

TuningPros WSC-821S14 Hubcaps Wheel Skin Cover 14-Inches Silver Set of 4
TuningPros WSC-821S14 Hubcaps Wheel Skin Cover 14-Inches Silver Set of 4
Offered by TuningPros
Price: $28.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Fall off quickly, December 8, 2015
The product looks good, but they clip on loosely. I had them put on at a tire shop when I bought new tires Friday. Today is Tuesday and one has fallen off. At this rate, by the end of the month they'll all be gone.

Life Extension CinSulin w/ InSea2 and Crominex 3+, 90 vegetarian caps
Life Extension CinSulin w/ InSea2 and Crominex 3+, 90 vegetarian caps
Price: $17.99
31 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 14, 2015
Better blood sugar results than 1000 mg a day of metformin.

Kitchen Gizmo all-in-one Avocado Slicer, Cuts, Slices, Pits, and Mashes
Kitchen Gizmo all-in-one Avocado Slicer, Cuts, Slices, Pits, and Mashes
Offered by Home N' Goods
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars The scooper/masher is awesome, the rest is gravy, October 14, 2015
I gave the All-in-one Avocade Tool a try and found all of it workable. The best part of it is the scooper/masher, which is a real time save and cost saver. The blade is certainly sharp enough to cut the avocado, but the shape is a bit awkward to my hand; the curve really should go the opposite direction. That said, it sliced right through the skin like butter. Also, I'm admittedly a bit clumsy but very practiced with "normal" knives, so the clumsiness of learning a new trick could have been the issue.

The teeth for removing the pit were the least useful part. First, expect to use some other tool to get the sliding part to slide the first time. Second, it's really tough to get enough pressure to get the teeth to really sink into the pit. I only succeeded in pulling skin off the pit and cracking it. But, the scoop/masher actually came to the rescue.

This is the best part. Frankly, with a good supply of knives, this is the only part I really need. I was able to scoop one half of the avocado whole from the peel unbroken. I know you're supposed to be able to do that with a spoon, but I can count on zero hands the number of times I've done it before this tool. I was also able to use the scoop to remove the pit, again without damaging the flesh, and, again, something you're supposed to be able to do with a spoon that I've never managed. So, while the "masher" shape may have you thinking guacamole this tool is actually great if you want to do sliced avocado or anything else where not damaging the flesh is important.

The masher function does works really well. I was able to mash up some guacamole and wash the gizmo in less time that it would normally take me to get out my little mini-food processor and plug it in. A lot of that comes down the leverage, the shape of the handle and the good grip it provides. The scoop itself isn't much more than a slotted spoon otherwise. But, it's a slotted spoon that works.

Safety tip: when using the masher/scooper put the sheath on the knife. The natural feeling way to hold it leaves the blade laying alongside your wrist and ripe avocado is slippery stuff.

This tool is a welcome addition to my rather small and crowded kitchen.

I purchased the product but did receive a small discount in exchange for agreeing to provide my honest review of the product.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The test strips were all well within their expiration dates ..., October 5, 2015
The test strips were all well within their expiration dates (years to go). They tested exactly in the middle of the range with test solution. The price can't be beat - less than the copay to get them at the pharmacy with insurance.

ePhotoInc 5 x 7 Feet Cotton Chromakey Green Screen Muslin Backdrop Photo Photography Background G57
Offered by ePhotoInc
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Have an iron ready, October 5, 2015
Product is as advertised. It's uniform color and heavy enough for the job.

When it arrived, it had creases from folding. I washed and dried it. the fabric is not wrinkle resistant or permanent press, so even hanging it straight out of the dryer it has wrinkles throughout. These wrinkles show up as irregularities in whatever photo or video is being added with the green screen software. Be prepared to iron the fabric before use.

Copper Tough Compression Knee Brace - High Performance Copper Compression Sleeve for Enhanced Circulation, Recovery, Joint Pain and Support for Men and Women - Athletic or Everyday Use - Medium
Offered by SHIPADEAL
Price: $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, good compression, good support, October 5, 2015
The product seems to provide good support and compression. It's comparable to a tight sock in terms of how it feels. The material feels durable. The product looks good and I don't mind wearing it with gym shorts in public. I have occasional flareups of knee pain and got this to help with that. I haven't had a flare up since I got it, so can't comment on that. I did notice that the part over my calf warmed and compressed my calf muscle. Since I've had pain in my calf muscles from time to time, I would definitely try a similar product for my calves just based on how the partial coverage from this product worked.

I paid for this product and did not receive it for free. I did receive a discount for agreeing to provide my honest review.

Origami Paper Special - 500 Sheet Economy Pack - 6 Inch Square Sheets - 20 Vivid Colors - 100 Design Ebook Included! (please check the back of the cover)
Offered by Emagine Products, USA
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, good value, August 19, 2015
The paper doesn't tear easily. The paper is a good thickness for origami creations. The colors are bright and consistent. I haven't done origami before and the ebook is a big help with design ideas.

I received a discount on the product in exchange for my honest review.

Neolite Single Camping Hammock - Lightweight Portable Nylon Parachute Hammock for Backpacking, Travel, Beach, Yard. Hammock Straps & Steel Carabiners Included
Offered by Solo Stove
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, lightweight and rugged, May 25, 2015
The hammock is easy to setup with the included rope and carabiners. Everything packs back into the carry case easily. For dry weather camping, this would really beat a tent for setup and takedown. I typically car camp, but I would consider backpacking with this 15 oz hammock in place of a tent.

The material seems rugged, but is quite comfortable. The hammock was roomy enough for me to be comfortable. The weight capacity is higher than several "double" hammocks I looked at previously.

A rain fly, mosquito net and tree straps would be great additions for camping, but for the price this hammock is perfect.

I received the product at a discounted price in exchange for providing my honest review.

Page: 1 | 2