Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Profile for Orchid Goddess > Reviews

Browse

Orchid Goddess' Profile

Customer Reviews: 106

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Orchid Goddess "Orchid" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
DVD ~ Ben Affleck
Price: $29.84
41 used & new from $17.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Edition is a MUST!, June 29, 2016
I purchased the Ultimate Edition and that 30 minutes really clear up a lot of issues with the story. Things made so much more sense than it did when I saw it in the movies. It made me love it and instead of saying it was okay. I recommend getting the ultimate edition the footage is added to the film not as some deleted scenes...it will really bring things together for you.

How to Get Away with Murder: Season 1
How to Get Away with Murder: Season 1
DVD ~ Viola Davis
Price: $17.99
42 used & new from $11.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Character(s) Development Would Have Helped, September 20, 2015
Viola Davis is wonderful. But the rest is a mess. So disjointed and the side stories makes things so unbelievably ridiculous. The acting is good but the problem is the writing and story. The only one who holds this show together is VIOLA DAVIS. Her powerful acting kept me for about 8 episodes but I began to tire of the same flashbacks over and over again. The side stories that made no sense...everyone is sleeping with everybody. The illegal and traumatic way the defense handles each and every case. I get it- you have to be sly sometimes...but you have to help the audience meaning ME- connect with the characters long enough to care and forgive what the character(s) are doing. For example the Sopranos. We are given character development so even with all the criminal activity- you kept watching because you CARED about the CHARACTERS. I was disgusted with the characters in this series and I didn't care about anyone enough to get to the finish. I turned it off and watched something else on Netflix. I do not plan to finish and if I do it won't be for awhile. Go see The Secret is the Eyes (2009) much better.

Empire Season 1
Empire Season 1
DVD ~ Terrence Howard
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $14.93
66 used & new from $7.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Round and round we go., April 10, 2015
This review is from: Empire Season 1 (DVD)
It is okay. And I mean that. Something is off with the script. Yes, it has a soap opera feel and I can forgive that, but just the story is disjointed with the flow of the show. The music is okay...the acting is fine but it is just seems offish. I wish they would have presented this as a nighttime soap or something else, because I really didn't like the feel of it I won't be watching Season 2 unless it is for FREE. I read some reviews who said it is too cliché, but for me it is simply too over the top. Also it feels like we are on a merry-go-round...talking about the same stuff but differently but the same and never getting to the point. It should not have taken 12 episodes to rehash and hash out the same stuff. I believe they should have taken their time with the story- make us sit down and watch the show without all the dramatics. Making us watch season 2. One thing I liked seeing was the support of Black artist and celebrities. So I give it 3 stars

PS: I cannot stand Jamal's voice with the exception of his very first song.

Re-Entry
Re-Entry
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Starting but Eye Catching., September 19, 2014
This review is from: Extant, Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I think it was hard to convince me as I am Sci-Fi geek and I almost walked away from it because of it sluggishness and it took long to get to the point, but the second to last and final episode was well worth the wait. Ethan tugged my emotional cord reminding me of Data from Star Trek Generation. I find it did take from former science fiction movies and television shows ( so they need to be careful with this- their audience is not dumb) but it does have some freshness. Halle Berry is a very good actress but I needed time to like her character and get use to her at times, I wasn't sure she comfortable in this Sci-Fi element even with her X-Men movies; at times I thought she had something on her mind. But her support team very helpful. Her scientific husband is gorgeous with that lovely accent and her friend the doctor gets much respect and kudos. I would say this season was slow to start but ended well. I do wonder where they are going with it. My suggestion is to keep in mind of your audience- keep it fresh and we will come back for another look- which I did.

Jersey Bling® Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 2nd Gen Iridescent, AB, SPARKLE w/3D HUGE Gems, Crystal & Rhinestone Leather Folio ONLY FITS 2ND GEN NEW MODEL

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled., September 15, 2014
It is not for your Kindle but for you iPad. Don't be tricked. I kept it because it was too precious.

All Is Lost [DVD + Digital]
All Is Lost [DVD + Digital]
DVD ~ Robert Redford
Offered by Park Slope Outlet
Price: $9.69
46 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes to Redford, September 15, 2014
This review is from: All Is Lost [DVD + Digital] (DVD)
I thought this movie was excellent. Redford was able to take us on a journey of a man who is trying to survive. What I liked about this movie. He was calm and he worked very hard. I have no idea where everyone is getting their ideas. I don't expect every director to get it right, I mean look at Gravity, but I believe he did everything possible to survive. Unlike OPEN WATER- horrible movie. The movie is quiet- so what. Go see Avengers if you want noise. I was able to sit through it all. Excellent movie.

Brianna's Story: Married to an Arab (Women In Chains Book 1)
Brianna's Story: Married to an Arab (Women In Chains Book 1)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Just say NO, August 26, 2014
The story well written in words but the story just unrealistic and a character so gullible that she probably deserved everything she got. Also the male character was horribly written as a big bully. I am tired of seeing writing like this. I am not blind but I wish this violent propaganda would stop. The story is fast paced but just clearly unbelievable even it was trying to be real. I won't be reading more.

Ana Bath SS5450CCP 5 Inch 5 Function Handheld Shower and Showerhead Combo Shower System, Chrome Plated Finish
Offered by Ana Bath Inc.
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Excellent, October 31, 2013
I choose 5 stars because it is simple to put together it is just a wonderful piece for a wonderful clean. Just click and switch or have both of them run at the same time. I hooked up my LED shower-head to it and it is wonderful. You can click for different settings. Such a pleasure. I am very happy.

DragonPad 7 COLOR LED SHOWER HEAD ROMANTIC LIGHTS WATER HOME BATH - Xmas day
DragonPad 7 COLOR LED SHOWER HEAD ROMANTIC LIGHTS WATER HOME BATH - Xmas day
Offered by KirkExpress
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, October 31, 2013
I am very happy indeed! Easy hook-up. And just the most beautiful colors! Turn off the lights you really have a treat. I have it hooked up to my dual shower head...PERFECT. No complaints at all.

Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, 2nd Edition
by Francine Shapiro
Price: $44.69
122 used & new from $24.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, October 22, 2013
I have the hardback and the kindle version. I have to admit I like the Kindle version better. Fast read, understandable, and so much better than then 1st edition (which I have as well). Shapiro is amazing in how she explains EMDR and walks you through every step with samples and examples. There is absolutely no way that one can not grasp EMDR from her in-depth research and writing. By the way her writing is clear, concise, and comprehensive. Even the Kindle speech-to-text is excellent. Definitely for professionals. Not that someone who isn't in the field would not gain insight from the book but it is targeted to those who wish to practice the modality. Why did I find the Kindle version better because I used speech-to-text which for me got me through the readings faster and with better understanding.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11