Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Kalves > Reviews

Browse

Kalves' Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kalves RSS Feed (Massachusetts)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shapotkina Punk Style Mobile Phone case for Apple Iphone 5 5G Black Diamond PU Leather case with Hunger Game+Westlinke LOGO Stylus

2.0 out of 5 stars Case could be better quality, February 1, 2014
The case arrived missing a jewel and the metal emblem fell off within a month. We all know how cheaply these are mass produced, so it's not really surprising. I wouldn't recommend purchasing. As far as a case goes, it fits and protects the phone fine. But I spent extra for the jewels and emblem. Be prepared with some glue should you decide that you like the style of the case.

Penn Plax Acrylic Bird Figure, Small
Penn Plax Acrylic Bird Figure, Small
Price: $5.66
10 used & new from $5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Plastic bird friend, February 1, 2014
This bird toy is exactly what you'd expect: a light weight plastic "friend" for your small bird. Our parakeet loves this thing! I gave it 4 stars because the paint wore off a bit quicker than I would have thought and prying the plastic base to fit around the perch was difficult. It was a little pricey for the quality, but our bird simply loves his "Russian Mail-order bride" so I rated it based on that. I would buy this again just because our bird plays with it often.

Symphony of Style Hair Bow- Music Notes Print- Barrette
Symphony of Style Hair Bow- Music Notes Print- Barrette
Offered by EmilyRose Couture
Price: $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice hair bow, December 28, 2013
Bought for my daughter and she's happy with the quality and looks. I was worried that it might be flimsy and cheaply made but it wasn't. The material is stiff and it looks to be very well made.

OXO Good Grips Corn Peeler
OXO Good Grips Corn Peeler
Price: $9.99
94 used & new from $9.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay corn peeler, December 28, 2013
Takes corn off the cob easily but tends to get loaded up and you have to push out the corn that gets built up several times for each cob. I think a minor re-design to prevent this is in order for it to really be rated higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good disposable gloves, December 28, 2013
Bought these for work where we clean optical glass for industrial cameras. They are thicker than the cheap versions so they do not rip when putting them on yet they are thin enough to be comfortable and not wrinkle. I've marked these for re-order the next time I need them.

CTEK (56-865) US 0.8 12 Volt Fully Automatic 6 Step Battery Charger
CTEK (56-865) US 0.8 12 Volt Fully Automatic 6 Step Battery Charger
Offered by Direct Performance
Price: $44.83
49 used & new from $44.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little charger, December 28, 2013
Bought this because it plugs directly into my Husky tractor. So pleased that I will buy a more powerful version to use on my boat and car batteries.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2016 9:33 PM PST

Hyundai Elantra: 1996 thru 2010 (Haynes Repair Manual)
Hyundai Elantra: 1996 thru 2010 (Haynes Repair Manual)
by Larry Warren
30 used & new from $12.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful manual, December 28, 2013
I'm a home mechanic who's comfortable doing most common repair and maintenance tasks like brakes, oil changes, plugs & sites, filters, etc. I bought this to help me do my first read disc with parking brake job to help me understand how to work with the e brake cable and adjust. The instructions were so basic as to not be helpful and the photos were so small and grainy as to be completely useless. I've used chiton manuals in the past and found them to be adequate. This Haynes was unhelpful and I would not have purchased it. Maybe it will come in handy on another project, but I looked up how to disassemble the dash for an aftermarket project and found the same short-comings so I tend to think not. Save your money and buy the official shop manual for your specific vehicle.

Divergent
Divergent
by Veronica Roth
1009 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Divergent (Paperback)
Bought this book for my 17 year old daughter and she couldn't put it down. She read it in an afternoon and immediately bought the second book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just the right amount???, August 14, 2013
Very disappointed with this product. It dispenses about 5X the amount of cleaner that I normally use! I know Lysol makes their profit by selling the refills, but how about a reasonable amount? Within a week my soap was empty and the hand pump dispensers used to last 4-6 weeks. It was so bad that I went online to see if there was an adjustment I could make. Considering the amount of hits on my search, I'd say that many others think the amount excessive. I took the unit apart and reversed the little rubber dispensing valve and it reduced the amount by a little, but it was still way more than I wanted plus one of the flimsy O-ring seals snapped during the reassembly process. I'm bringing the unit back. Too bad, I like how it worked and would have paid a little extra to be able to control the amount of soap dispensed. In short, if you like to use a LOT of soap, you will be happy with this. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid the Nuvi 850 like the plague!, July 10, 2010
First let me start by saying that I also own a Garvin Nuvi 360 (have for a few years now) and absolutely love it. It's still working well. The only reason I purchased the Nuvi 850 was so that I could have one dedicated to my vehicle.
I liked the 360 so well that there was no question that I wanted to stick with the Garmin brand for my new one.
I thought the features and price was outstanding and bought the 850 about a year ago. Immediately after getting it I could tell that the voice recognition aspect was less than acceptable. As a matter of fact it quickly became a running joke in the family whenever someone attempted to navigate using voice commands. While I understand the technology is relatively new, so many other electronics companies have managed to hit the nail on the head with their versions (think iphone). Anyway, that was such a small reason for the purchase that I didn't really care. What has been frustrating is the fact that the touch screen is awful. It's very hard for me to believe that this is a much newer version than the 360 when the effort and response to use it is horrible compared to the 360. I would think it would have been leaps and bounds ahead by now. You have to press the screen much harder and about 80% of the time it selects something from a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT area of the screen (I'm not even talking about close - I'm talking about an inch away!)Okay, so that's not great, but usually I navigate by favorites and could deal with it. But the REALLY FRUSTRATING "feature" of this unit is the fact that the screen freezes up repeatedly. I mean about one to two times a day. I figured it was a firmware bug or some such issue so I've updated/wiped/re-updated/restored to factory settings/etc. on more occasions than I care to think about. It still does it. It also demonstrates a nice feature of randomly going from the standard map to displaying one where you can see both North & South America with the vehicle icon on top. While I realize that I sometimes drive fast, I have not yet been successful in covering the distance of two states at the same time as my Garmin would indicate.
In short I'm definitely frustrated enough with the performance of this unit to try another manufacturer. I recommend that you avoid this model at least.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3