Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Profile for Amy C > Reviews

Browse

Amy C's Profile

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amy C RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Munro Fairysite/Dragonsite - Witching Hour Dragon Witch - NT149
Munro Fairysite/Dragonsite - Witching Hour Dragon Witch - NT149
Offered by SWEETHEART COLLECTIBLES
Price: $179.95
3 used & new from $179.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing..., March 19, 2011
I discovered Nene Thomas a few months ago, and being the fantasy lover that I am, I had to purchase this figurine for my library room. What a beautiful piece of work this lady and her dragon are! The detail is just phenomenally done. I have no complaints regarding any aspect of this figurine. I have the other in this set and she is just as gorgeous as this one.

Harry Potter Wand Pen And Bookmark (Discontinued by manufacturer)
Harry Potter Wand Pen And Bookmark (Discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by The Noble Collection
Price: $8.50
12 used & new from $5.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Wand Pen and Bookmark, March 19, 2011
I fell in love with the Harry Potter series years ago, so I had to purchased this pen and bookmark for my desk at work. I've been using it for a few weeks now. It's so nice to bring a little bit of what I love to work with me, makes my little work space comfortable and personal to me. The pen may not be the best writing tool, but it sure is fun when your jotting down numbers and referencing things with this mini replica wand pen. It's a little pricey when you add in the shipping, but for me, being the fan that I am, it was well worth the price. The Voldemort set is next on my list!

Happy writing!

The Last Stormlord
The Last Stormlord
by Glenda Larke
Price: $7.99
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutally Fantastic!, September 15, 2010
I have not been so moved by the ending of a book like I was with this one in quite sometime. Glenda Larke made me waste precious water with the shedding of my tears. You see, this book is centered around a desert land, and water is a rare commodity, none is ever wasted, even through the shedding of tears. Its people require stormlords to produce rain clouds from the Giving Sea, a body of salt water. It is a very rare gift, and at the moment there is only one stormlord performing this life-giving feat.

The amount of time she spent getting to know each character only intensified the ending. She pulled me in, made me like this guy, hate that one, love this one, only to completely rip my heart out with such horrid perfidy, and betrayal. The characters were pulled along, creating one fascinatingly rich and full world.

Be warned, there is a nomadic people known as the Reduners who are despicable, blood-thirsty bastards. The brutality they are capable of twisted my guts numerous times. But I wonder if what they want, a time of random rain, is not perhaps what is necessary for the land? Maybe not what it was a thousand years ago, but something to that effect along with the help of the stormlord and the secret of who Terelle really is? I don't know. But something's gonna happen!

The final page left me with a foul, bitter taste in my mouth, as I thought, You f'in Bitch! But then again, that is the course that must be taken to get the outcome needed to bring prosperity back to the land, right?

I loved this book! A time or two it was difficult, perhaps even painful to read regarding the Reduners, but I was completely entranced! So many things were left unanswered with one heck of a cliffhanger at the end. I have the second book, Stormlord Rising. Soon, very soon, I'll be reading that one. I need answers! I must know the fate of these people I've come to love...and hate!

Definitely a 5 star read for me :)!

Haunting Warrior (A Mists of Ireland Novel)
Haunting Warrior (A Mists of Ireland Novel)
by Erin Quinn
Price: $16.00
82 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fabulous Read!, May 4, 2010
First thing that came to mind when I turned the last page was how long must I wait for the third book, Haunting Desire! Erin Quinn won me over with Haunting Beauty and sealed the deal with this second installment centered again around the mysterious and evil Book of Fennore.

Haunting Warrior expands on the events that took place in Haunting Beauty regarding Rory and his father and the encounter they had with the Book of Fennore, which resulted in the sudden disappearance of Rory's father, Cathan. Ever since that terrifying experience with the book when Rory was five, he has not been the same. He grew rebellious and angry, and was eventually sent to live with his aunt in the US when he was twelve. Now thirty years old, Rory begins dreaming of a beautiful woman who haunts his sleeping hours.

After the death of Rory's grandmother and her prophetic visit, Rory travels back to Ireland to the Island of Fennore, a place he swore he'd never step foot again. During the funeral, he discovers that the woman he has dreamed about is not only haunting his sleeping hours but now his waking hours as well. She appears, luring him away from the funeral with her pleas for his help. But what he doesn't realize in order to help this mysterious woman until it's too late, is that Rory must travel back in time. And those first scenes as Rory is making that transition was just awesome. It was gradual, rather than a bam, here one second, there the next. A unique course of events, unlike anything I've ever read.

I think Erin Quinn is an amazing writer. She has such a talent for painting such vivid pictures with her prose. She's one of those authors that I love to read and I feel like I'm getting a treat, something special to get lost in.

Take a journey with Rory and Saraid to an ancient Ireland, where he rediscovers himself and a love he thought never to have. Haunting Warrior was both fascinating and compelling in its originality and the beautiful prose that sweep you along throughout the pages. This is a must read series, in my opinion!

Another 5 star read!

Shalador's Lady: A Black Jewels Novel
Shalador's Lady: A Black Jewels Novel
by Anne Bishop
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cassidy is SHALADOR'S LADY!, March 14, 2010
Shalador's Lady is an outstanding conclusion to the fate of Dena Nehele and its people. And these two books, The Shadow Queen and Shalador's Lady are awesome follow-ups to The Invisible Ring, as it concludes the fate of the Shaladoran's after their fight and struggle that the influence of Dorothea, from the original trilogy, caused.

I have to admit that the first book in this duology, The Shadow Queen, had its weak moments for me, in that there was a lot of focus on older characters, taking away from the new ones, and I wondered if that weakness would continue. It did not! So many things I loved about this book. The characters, the Scelties, the way the old characters blended so perfectly into the plot with Cassidy and her court as she restores the Old Ways in Dena Nehele. And of course the relationship between Cassidy and Grey!

Cassidy and her first circle are front and center and they shine. Cassidy's fears of rejection still torment her as her rival, Kermilla, the self-centered vile Queen who stole her first court right out from under her, travels to Dena Nehele to ask Cassidy a favor. But what transpires due to Kermilla's presence drove this story and gave it depth. It allowed Cassidy to look within herself and at the men who have sworn to defend and protect her as her first circle is suppose to do, and realize that she is worth the loyalty they give her. And as they stand and fight for her, she must stand and fight for them.

One thing I do miss in the books since the original trilogy is that dark grittiness, those sometimes disturbingly gruesome scenes. I have not encountered that intensity in the last three novels, but that's not to say that I did not enjoy them. I did. Very much so. I love being given the opportunity to explore the Blood and the Magic that makes up the Black Jewels world, learning about different aspects of the people who live within the Realms.

This was definitely a remarkably amazing addition to my Black Jewels collection! If you're hesitant to read this one...DON'T BE!!

Hell's Fire, Mother Night, and May the Darkness Be Merciful!

Happy Reading!

Sojourn: The Legend of Drizzt, Book 3 (Forgotten Realms)
Sojourn: The Legend of Drizzt, Book 3 (Forgotten Realms)
by R. A. Salvatore
Price: $7.19
126 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to Drizzt!, January 24, 2010
Drizzt Do'Urden is an enigma of his race of Dark Elves. He carries inside him a conscience. Something that none of his people can claim, even his father Zaknafein, but at least he knew the things he did were evil and vile. He hoped that in his son, Drizzt, he could make right his wrongs, and amazingly enough, he did. He instilled in the few short years he had in training him in the art of weaponry and fighting, morals and to think for himself, rationalize and know right from wrong. But in so doing, Zaknafein's tutelage sentenced Drizzt to a very lonely solitary existence. For having a conscience within the drow society is a death sentence.

In book one of The Dark Elf trilogy, Drizzt is born, and as he grows he sees how disturbing and cruel his people are and eventually it's his death they want. In book two, Drizzt is alone and on his own with his panther companion. They travel the tunnels of the Underdark alone, until he makes a few unusual friendships. But Drizzt soon realizes that there is nowhere he can go to escape the wrath of his family. The underworld is no longer his home. Drizzt heads to the above world, a place he's only seen once, and under terrible circumstances.

For months Drizzt watches from his cave home. And one day he spies a farm and the family that occupies it. He wants what he sees. The teasing, the rough-housing, the friendships. The love. But it would seem that Drizzt is not destined for those things yet. Oh and how badly I felt Drizzt's longing to belong. To find a place in this new world, but due to his dark elf appearance (because really in all other aspects of the drow, Drizzt is nothing like them), he is condemned and hunted. His people are feared in the above world, and all the humans and other creatures see is the terror and violence and hatred that the Dark Elves have created with their behavior.

"If only he could find acceptance among those who so hated-as he himself hated-the ways of his dark people, then Drizzt Do'Urden would be at peace." Sojourn, 1991~

Throughout the course of this trilogy, Drizzt has became an exceedingly vivid and amazing character. He has faults, but he stands for all that is good. He is brave. He is strong. He wants acceptance and to be at peace within himself and with the above world inhabitants. Drizzt has become one of my favorite characters. I loved reading about his trials as he journeys in search of a place to call home through the wide world of pain and joy, so says the wise old blind ranger. The trilogy eneded on a happy note, after so much fighting and death.

This first trilogy in the Legend of Drizzt may have come to an end, but I have the next three boxed sets to get lost in. And get lost in I plan on doing over the course of the year!

The Turning Tide: A Novel of Crosspointe
The Turning Tide: A Novel of Crosspointe
by Diana Pharaoh Francis
35 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and Fast Paced!, January 9, 2010
As King William of Crosspointe secretly prepares for the immanent war with the Jutras (we learn a little of these preparations in The Black Ship), King William issues a task for his son Ryland. A most heinous task that will devastate the trust he has with his best friends, Fairlie and Shaye. Ryland is torn between his loyalties to his friends and his loyalty to his father. Sadly Ryland's obligations lie with the king, no matter that this incident will tear him apart.

But what the completion of this task creates is something that no one would have ever predicted. It proves just how powerful love is. The king may have thought he was doing the right thing for Crosspointe, even if the deed is a horrendous one, but he never expected that deed to create something even more powerful and frightening.

I was captivated from page one of The Turning Tide. The story starts off establishing the relationships between Fairlie, Shaye and Ryland. You get a strong sense of how close they are, and even learn that Shaye and Fairlie love each other. But shortly after Shaye reveals his love and Fairlie realizes that she returns that love, that tragic, yet amazing incident occurs. And wow, what a moment of reading that was for me. Intense. Engaging. Tear-inducing! I thought, yes, this is it! This is why I love reading. To have moments that just grab hold and suck you in, with either tears or laughter.

When I first read The Cipher, I must admit that the world confused me a bit with the magical substance found in the waters of the Inland Sea called sylveth, and its uses and the majick created from it, and the ciphers, but as I read, it became more intriguing, and of course more understandable. I think this third installment in the Crosspointe Chronicles is an amazing addition. Each book adds something new, expanding the world, further enhancing the already vivid details. The sylveth adds such a unique spin on this magical world, something so terribly feared, is also the secret that keeps Crosspointe safe. And we learn so much more about sylveth, shedding a whole new light on the majickal substance.

Encompassing the pages of The Turning Tide is another fascinating and compelling spawn-filled tale of politics, friendship, love and a whole lot of betrayal! I am eager to read The Hollow Crown to see how the incidents in The Turning Tide affect Crosspointe and its people. The Turning Tide is an apt title, for the tides were most certainly turned!

Happy Reading!

Heart's Blood
Heart's Blood
by Gail Dayton
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blood Never Lies..., January 5, 2010
I love when I have high expectations for a book, and when I finally read it, it's as good if not better than what I had hoped for. And that was the case with Heart's Blood.

Grey Carteret, magister of the conjurer's guild, the most powerful conjurer in all of England, awakens face down in a stinky gutter, feeling as though his entire body has been badly beaten. The voice of a young lad interrupts his confused thoughts, claiming he's watched over him through the night, protecting him with his magic.

It doesn't take long before it's revealed that the lad named Parkin, is actually a young woman, Pearl Parkin. You see, she wants Mr. Carteret to apprentice her. As Grey adamantly denies Pearl, a commotion catches their attention. A murder has been discovered. The next thing Grey knows, he's being arrested for said murder. Determined to become Grey's apprentice, Pearl blackmails Grey into accepting her as his apprentice.

Amidst trying to solve the mysterious murders, a friendship forms between Grey and Pearl, along with a yearning for contact from the other that neither of them can explain...Another mystery to be solved. The romance between Grey and Pearl was slow, yet a burning build between them. The simplicity of it really impacted me; the holding of hands. Grey, without thought, licking the blood from Pearl's finger when it was necessary for her to draw blood for her magic. And the teasing, I loved reading their scenes together. It all blended so amazingly well with the mysterious murder plot and the further explorations of the Dead Zones.

This is one of those series I find myself craving more of. I can't think of one single fault with this series. It's a unique, vivid world with amazing characters...A true Keeper!

Clockwork Heart
Clockwork Heart
by Dru Pagliassotti
34 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, January 3, 2010
This review is from: Clockwork Heart (Paperback)
Just a short and quick take on my thoughts...

This book was recommended to me by two friends last year. I wasn't sure about the Steampunk genre, not having read it before, I didn't really know what to expect. But then one friend mentioned it had a really nice romance, so with that I went to the store and found a copy. It's been almost a year since I read it and scenes and images have remained with me. Clockwork Heart was an amazing book and I'd have to say that the author did a superb job with describing imagery. And the characters took on a life of their own. The tone, the tension, the world-building, the pace, the character relationships, the way the society is set up, everything about this book was perfect!

If you're ever in the mood to try something different, I would absolutely recommend this book to you. I was fascinated!

Exile (The Legend of Drizzt)
Exile (The Legend of Drizzt)
by R. A. Salvatore
Price: $5.00
124 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Legend of Drizzt Continues..., December 31, 2009
It took me awhile to read this second book in the Dark Elf trilogy, but I still very much enjoyed it as I further explored Drizzt and the world he lives in.

A decade after the events that took place in Homeland, Drizzt finds himself battling a hidden foe--Solitude. Drizzt has been wondering the Underdark alone, his only companion, a panther, Guenhwyvar, from the spirit plane; a magical being Drizzt is only able to conjure a few hours a day. But he's not enough to keep Drizzt from losing himself as he travels through the many cave systems. It's not until Drizzt happens upon a group of deep gnomes and listening to them talk amongst themselves that he realizes he must seek those that speak words, even if it's a language he does not understand. Or that death may be what they decide of his fate, rather than a friendly addition to their society. But taking that chance, needing to be amongst others, for Drizzt fears who he is becoming more than he fears death.

To Drizzt's surprise, a deep gnome named Belwar, whom he saved from death in Homland, saves him from death, taking him into his home and offering his companionship and a place among the deep gnomes. But the threat against Drizzt from his former family, the Do'Urden's from Menzoberranzan soon forces Drizzt from his peaceful living and he is once again out in the Underdark, but this time with a friend. Belwar joins him. You see, Belwar has his own inner demons he must learn to concur due to the events in Homeland.

With a few unexpected twists, Exile was another great escape into the world of the Underdark, taking the reader on a grand adventure of peril as Drizzt and his companions battle different foes that await them around every corner. In the end, good always triumphs over evil. The heartless drows of Menzoboranzen do not stand a chance against Drizzt, because in his heart his strong moral convictions hold true, empowering him to fight those which would see him dead.

I loved the way this one ended, leaving you wanting to grab the final book in this trilogy to see how Drizzt fairs. Drizzt has decided the only way to avoid his enemies is to escape to the vast openness of the surface world.

And so the saga continues...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8