Your Garage Amazon Fashion Learn more Editors' Picks Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for S. Bradford > Reviews

Browse

S. Bradford's Profile

Customer Reviews: 232

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Bradford "scottfbradford" RSS Feed (Arlington, VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bioshock 2 - Xbox 360
Bioshock 2 - Xbox 360
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $12.99
303 used & new from $1.00

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same-with glitches, February 16, 2010
This review is from: Bioshock 2 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I really liked the first Bioshock so I was excited to play the sequel. I have just finished the game and can say it is more of the same. The first game is a bit fuzzy in my memory, but I can't recall any major differences with the new game other than perhaps some new enemies. The game reminds me a bit of Dead Space and Resident Evil 5 in that ammo and health kits are scarce and you are forced to carefully choose your weapons to match your foes. The maps are big for plenty of exploration. There is not much variety in the enemies, but the tasks are varied just enough to keep the game exciting.

However, my biggest problem with the game is that it is glitchy. I started the game and played for a few hours and saved. When I came back to the game all of my saves and acheivements were gone from my hard drive. I had to start over from the beginning. Toward the end of the game during a hectic battle, both of my arms disappeared and I became invulnerable. While this may sound cool, I could not do anything. I had to restart from a previous save and replay a hour or so. There was a final glitch toward the very end of the game where I had to get to an escape ship after completing several tasks. I got to the ship and waited, but nothing ever happened. I once again had to restart and replay about an hour. If the glitches are fixed, I can recommend the game and would give it 4 stars. But with the glitches, I would cautiously recommend it if you are willing to deal with potential frustration.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2010 8:43 PM PST

Cemetery Dance
Cemetery Dance
by Lincoln Child
356 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Promising beginning, but falls flat at the end, July 7, 2009
This review is from: Cemetery Dance (Hardcover)
I've been a big fan of the Preston/Child team, but the past few novels have been mediocre at best. This latest offering has a promising beginning with a bizarre murder and a mysterious voodoo cult occupying a piece of northern Manhatten. But then the story devolves into a bland whodunnit with poorly presented caricatures of animal rights extremists.

D'Agosta is his usual bumbling, incompetant self and even Pendergast is surprisingly dull. He displays almost none of his usual physical and mental prowess in this outing. The authors save the worst for last with a laughably weak book ending. While I think this book is marginally better than their last effort, I think Preston and Child can do much better.

Dead Space
Dead Space
Offered by TrollAndToad
Price: $6.59
158 used & new from $3.34

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and well polished game., November 17, 2008
This review is from: Dead Space (Video Game)
I really liked this game. There is nothing particularly innovative-it feels like a mix of Doom 3, FEAR, Half Life 2, and Bioshock. But since I liked all those games, this is a good thing. First off, the game looks really good, about as good as Bioshock. Second, the controls are smooth and logical. Third, the game is fun and thrilling. There are a lot of jump out of your seat moments. Finally, the story is interesting.

The only drawbacks are that the game is pretty linear and there is no multiplayer component. You get instructions, complete the task, and move to the next job. I personally prefer this to the more open ended games like Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, and Far Cry 2. There's not much replayability-just 3 difficulty levels and a fourth is unlocked after completing the game. I played on medium, which was just about right. I never got frustrated, but the boss battles were a tad too easy. I put in about 14 hours total-not bad. This is one of the best games I've played on the 360.

Far Cry 2 - Xbox 360
Far Cry 2 - Xbox 360
89 used & new from $3.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious and glitchy, November 10, 2008
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I loved the original Far Cry on the Xbox-it was one of my favorites on that platform. But Far Cry 2 is nothing like that game. My biggest gripe is the glitchy save system. The game seems to only sporadically save my games and when I die I find out that my last save is gone. Also, the AI is buggy as well. Most of the time the enemies have an uncanny ability to spot and shoot me. But there have been times when an enemy will run right by me and stop and stand with his back to me. The final straw is that the game is tedious at best. I'm given an overall goal to kill some weapons dealer, but I have no idea how to do this. In the meantime, I'm given lame missions to intercept convoys and kill people. Of course, each mission I get forces me to drive across the map and get attacked constantly. Reminds me of the equallt tedious Assassin's Creed. The only good thing I can say about it is that the graphics and physics are nice and improved over the original. But this game is awful and I despise it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2008 8:26 PM PST

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [Blu-ray]
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Harrison Ford
Price: $18.07
119 used & new from $2.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful plot, terrible acting., October 15, 2008
I loved the original Indiana Jones movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Its one of my all-time favorites. The series has been a wreck since then. The Crystal Skull installment is possibly even worse than the awful Temple of Doom episode that was dragged down by Kate Capshaw and that little twerp "shortround". In this case, its the horrible story (thanks to George Lucas) and the stiff performance by Harrison Ford that dooms this movie. Neither one of these guys has done anything worthwhile in over a decade. Steven Speilberg doesn't do much better with his unimaginitive direction. He goes through the motions in a lame attempt to copy the previous movies. The gag lines are poorly conceived and delivered and as a result that fall flat. There isn't even a compelling villain. A complete disappointment.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, great company, September 9, 2008
I've now owned this shelter for 2 years. I primarily use it at the beach. For some, it might be a bit difficult to set up. The poles are a bit tedious to assemble, but I can set up the shade in about 10-15 minutes. Take down is more difficult since the pole sections tend to come apart as they are pulled from the shelter sleeves.

The included stakes are not adequate for holding in sand on a windy beach. I bought 6 dog screws from Lowes to hold it down. 5 gallon buckets filled with sand would also work well. I also bought 1 wall section that I move with the sun for added shade. The only con of the shelter is the limited headroom. I'm 6 feet tall and can stand up in the center, but then you have the roof in your face and cannot see out. There is a cave-like feel inside, but its fine once you are seated.

The real reason I decided to write this review is to praise Kelty. My shelter was ripped when a beach umbrella was blown into it. I contacted Kelty to buy new fabric, but they said send it in and maybe we can sew it for a small fee. Less than a week later, a new sunshade arrived at my door at no charge! I know if I ever need a new tent, it will be a Kelty.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2011 11:22 AM PDT

Milwaukee 7100-20 Round Head 2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer
Milwaukee 7100-20 Round Head 2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Light yet powerful, January 22, 2008
I bought this gun to replace my POS Porter Cable round head nailer after it broke for the second time. I wish I would have gotten the Milwaukee sooner. Its much lighter than the PC-feels about as heavy as my Porter Cable 15 gauge finish nailer. But it also seems more powerful than the PC. Finally, it has a tool free depth set, belt clip, and it does not have a touchy trigger like the PC. Oh and the price is great. Highly recommended.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $19.90
237 used & new from $0.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, but repetitious game, December 12, 2007
This review is from: Assassin's Creed (Video Game)
I wasn't going to get this game because of all the mixed reviews, but I broke down and got it because there was nothing else left that I wanted to play. First of all, this game has good graphics, big maps, and seems mostly well polished. The game is also long, but not in a good way. It is repetitious, which makes it boring. You have 9 people to kill, but you must perform 3 investigations each time. This involves thngs like eavesdropping and pickpocketing. Before that, you must first climb various towers to discover your investigations. THe climbing is always the same-there is no puzzle solving like in Prince of Persia. On top of that, you have to ride back to your boss after each kill. This is a long and pointless trip. Combat is also slow and clumsy and you have to constantly walk around slowly to blend in and not alert guards. All of this adds up to an extremenly boring game and therefore I cannot recommend it.

Grindhouse Presents, Planet Terror - Extended and Unrated (Two-Disc Special Edition)
DVD ~ Rose McGowan
Price: $7.99
217 used & new from $0.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Mildly entertaining at best, November 18, 2007
Typical zombie movie. Lots of outlandish violence and gore. A few good bits of dialogue. But nothing special. At least it was not as boring as Deathproof. Not really even worth renting this unremarkable film.

Grindhouse Presents: Death Proof (Extended and Unrated) (Two-Disc Special Edition)
DVD ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by booksaremyfriends
Price: $6.76
156 used & new from $0.26

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst ever., November 18, 2007
Some may call this movie an homage, but to me its just a gimmick that doesn't work. The stylized presentation and too clever dialogue cannot hide the fact that this movie is just plain boring. Of course Tarantino pulls his one trick out of the bag, gore, for a brief appearance toward the end. But by then I was itching to push the FF button and get through this dog. Kurt Russell was the only decent part of this whole project and it was a shame his talent was wasted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2007 9:49 PM PST