Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Keithjb128 > Reviews

Browse

Keithjb128's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Keithjb128 "KJ" RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2
F1: Formula One Championship Edition - Playstation 3
F1: Formula One Championship Edition - Playstation 3
Offered by Electric Lime Gaming
Price: $27.49
72 used & new from $3.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular racing game for the PS3., August 26, 2007
I wouldn't consider myself a fan of F1 racing, I'm more of a NASCAR kind of guy, but this game fills that craving to go fast on the Playstation 3. The graphics are incredible, but you won't get the best experience with them unless you have HDTV and a HD component for the PS3. The career mode for this game is rather difficult for a beginner, I put the settings on Medium and was unable to complete the challenges required to get a ride in the series. I have yet to try it on Easy but I hope it makes it a bit easier to be successfull. The World Championship mode is very addicting. Putting the car damage on and trying to squeeze into turn one at any track at the start of the race is hair raising. I've already had a few DNFs for loose wheels and lost rear fins. The AI are done pretty good (better than NASCAR 08 AI) and give quite a challenge even on medium settings. Overall I think this is the best racing title on the PS3 thus far, and I can't wait to see the next version if they come out with one.

10,000 Days
10,000 Days
Price: $11.92
188 used & new from $5.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album...Not by Tool standards however...., May 16, 2007
This review is from: 10,000 Days (Audio CD)
It's been a few years since I fist discovered Tool. A gem in the rough that I never thought I'd come across in my wildest dreams. The first album I heard by the band was Aenima, which, is a masterpiece in and of itself. I then picked up Lateralus and was stunned by the musicianship put forth, in fact, Lateralus is probably one of the top 10 must have rock albums of all time. Undertow was Tool in their infancy and another top notch album that I picked up after Lateralus. After constant rotation in my cd changer for a year or so, Tool became my favorite band. When I finally had the spare change to pick up a used copy of 10,000 days at FYE, I jumped immediately at the opportunity. The cd doesn't disappoint on a musical scale, especially when compared to the garbage rock/metal music that has been released in the past 16 months or so. However, when compared to Lateralus, Aenima and Undertow, 10,000 days seems more like a disappointment than a success. The cd opens with Vicarious, which is one hell of a song, and probably one of the better Tool songs ever made. Jambi was equally as impressive and by the end of the song I was anticipating this album to be the Tool album that would define their career. However, the cd quickly takes a wrong turn with Wings for Marie, which, even after several listens, has not grown on me and I don't expect it to ever do so. 10,000 days (pt.2) was a step up from the track prior to it, but still was not on the same level of Vicarious and Jambi. The Pot is one of Tool's best known songs and at first I didn't like it, however, it's now a regular on my mixed cds and favorite track lists. Then the cd goes into 2 interludes. I really wish Tool would drop these meaningless segments that are seemingly there to just fill up track space. Rosetta Stoned is Tool at their finest, making it virtually impossible to tag or label the song under any specific genre. Intention and Right in Two make you feel like this album had so much potential and made you feel famished after the feast by the time you get to Viginti Tres, which is such a horrible song that I don't even bother to acknowledge its existance.

Bottom Line:

Vicarious- 10/10

Jambi- 9/10

Wings for Marie- 4/10

10,000 Days- 6/10

The Pot- 9.5/10

Rosetta Stoned- 10/10

Intention- 8/10

Right in Two- 10/10

Viginti Tres- 3/10

Overall- 4/5 stars. Tool is VERY capable of better than this, but this album is still going to stay in my cd changer for a LONG time. I love the progressive nature of Tool, and hopefully they continue to shock and awe their fans for years to come.

Moto GP 06 - Xbox 360
Moto GP 06 - Xbox 360
Offered by Rocky Hills
Price: $21.95
52 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Best racing game on the 360 so far., March 30, 2007
This review is from: Moto GP 06 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
You don't have to be a motorcycle enthusiest to pick this game up and have fun. In fact, you pretty much just need to know that motorcycles have 2 wheels and can drive really, really fast. A lot of people have been complaining that this game is too tough, but I haven't figured out why. I don't have any difficulty keeping the bike on course (only took me one full lap at race speed to figure each track out) and the AI is generally slow even on champion level. I haven't unlocked legend yet, but I'm hoping it gives me some competition considering I won each and every race I've run so far.

Although, for the casual gamer the experience may be frustrating. If you've never played a racing sim before you may have some difficulty training your brain to tell your fingers to slow the bike down way before you want to in order to make corners correctly.

The tracks look amazing, the crowds are lifelike, and the graphics are just stunning. The music sucks though so I reccomend turning on your dashboard's playlist.

As much as I love this game, I only gave it 4 stars because of the fact that my copy seems to crash my 360 quite a bit. I've emailed THQ and they haven't given me any kind of good advice yet. However, I won't let that stop me from playing the game because overall it's the best out on the 360 so far.

The Fall of Ideals
The Fall of Ideals
Price: $9.79
69 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good follow-up album...future looks bright, August 24, 2006
This review is from: The Fall of Ideals (Audio CD)
All That Remains has been flying under the radar for a couple of years now...And the Fall of Ideals just may be the release that pushes them closer to the spotlight in the metal genre. Although the sound of this album is much much much different than that of the previous release (The Darkened Heart), it's a good change, and one that I think, with a little improvement, will take the group to amazing things in the next few years. There are some stand-out tracks on this album, most specifically; This Calling, Dwells in me, The Weak Willed, and Become the Catalyst. And a few sub-par songs such as; Whispers, and Six.

Altogether the cd sounds very well put together...the lyrics are motivational and powerful. The melodies are catchy and unforgettable. Granted, the songs kind of follow a set pattern (at least, most of them do) hence why I only gave this album 4 stars instead of 5. It's pretty predictable: Hardcore opening, about 45-70 seconds in then the chorus, another hardcore verse, the chorus again, a guitar solo around 2 1/2 minutes. Etc, etc, etc.

Overall, the cd sound good, and really deserves more credit than it's being given. Can't wait to see what this band can come up with down the road.

One X
One X
Price: $6.99
149 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Three Days Grace does it again..., July 2, 2006
This review is from: One X (Audio CD)
When I went to pick up this cd at the local music store last week, i was expecting a very good cd, something that when compared to the debut album, would be just as equally amazing. Well, when I played it, i was pleasently surprised with what my ears heard. Since the release of the self-titled album, Three Days Grace has definately matured as a group. You can tell that their lyrics and guitars are much deeper and more involved than the previous cd. Although, my only complaint would be that many of the songs sound the same. But that's ok considering all the songs sound amazing! I would definately say go get this cd whether you're a fan of Three Days Grace or not. This one has moved to the top of my playlist with "Pain", "Time of Dying", "Over and Over", "Let it Die", and of course "Animal I Have Become". This cd probably deserves 6 stars, but the limit is 5...so....5 stars for Three Days Grace!

The Curse
The Curse
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $10.71
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cd, July 2, 2006
This review is from: The Curse (Audio CD)
Atreyu is by far one of my favorite bands and it's pretty frusturating when people bash them the way they do. Atreyu has a great hardcore mix of amazing screaming and equally as good melody. The songs are catchy, and the lyrics are strong. The guitar riffs roar and the bass hits harder than ever. Songs such as The Crimson and Right Side of the Bed stick out in my mind the most. The Rememberance Ballad is another very good track on this cd that I play quite often. Granted....Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses is still a better CD...this one is still a cut above alot of the other cds out there right now. I definately recommend it.

Jarhead: A Marine's Chronicle of the Gulf War and Other Battles
Jarhead: A Marine's Chronicle of the Gulf War and Other Battles
by Anthony Swofford
262 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly captivating, May 29, 2006
Ok, so i bought this book after I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The book is very well written and grpping, and thus far (I'm on page 220) very sparratic, vulgur, and humorous. It grips the mind and just will not let go. Although the book is VERY different from the movie (it covers tons of things not in the movie, and some scenes in the movie are not as they appear in the book). I like how Swofford jumps around alot, it keeps me from getting bored with the same old same old. He speaks, of course, of the Gulf War and his time serving in the USMC. Throughout the book he expresses anger; toward himself, his family, his girlfriend and the Corps. While also expressing love and affection towards those same people/thing.

Swofford does an amazing job at detailing every scene and every scene does great in making every detail. The book invites you to imagine a place where Jarheads are a wild animal, captive inside the Saudi desert fighting a war for god knows what reason...seemingly on the outside of society, outcasts in the eyes of the people they are fighting to protect.

This book is a great read, a must have for any hard core Marine, Military lover, or anyone who just wants to know what the fuss is all about. Pick up a copy, you won't be disappointed.

Making the Corps
Making the Corps
by Thomas E. Ricks
Price: $15.00
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 19, 2006
This review is from: Making the Corps (Paperback)
I picked up this book as I am going into the Corps next summer, and I wanted a hands-on, in depth look at what goes on at PI. After reading this book, I found myself drooling, pretty much begging for more. You feel a connection with the characters, mainly due to the fact that they are 100% real, and the other because platoon 3086 was a colorful bunch of recruits. I know the training is even more different now, 10 years later, but yet all still the same as far as mind games go, as well as the physical aspect of it all. This is a good book for anybody to read, and it will be a huge eye-opener for society to realize exactly how well trained Marines are. I'd give it 6 stars, but unfortunately the rating system doesn't go that high.

Freddy vs. Jason (New Line Platinum Series)
Freddy vs. Jason (New Line Platinum Series)
DVD ~ Robert Englund
Price: $5.98
302 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best slasher film to date..., September 14, 2004
Theres only one word for this movie and thats "SICK!" and thats sick in a good way. Since i bought this movie when it came out i've watched it at least 100 times. I saw it in the movie theater opening night and god, words cant describe. I'm not really a huge fan of killing movies but i do love horror, and this movie just strikes something inside of me, something evil i guess. It's funny as hell, heart-pounding, gut churning, non-stop action. The kind of movie you wouldn't want to see with your grandmother that's for sure. If you haven't seen this movie yet, i don't know what you're waiting for. And if you haven't bought it yet, go get it before i buy them all!

Trapt
Trapt
Offered by Butler Online Stores
Price: $16.47
127 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, September 14, 2004
This review is from: Trapt (Audio CD)
This is an amazing CD by an amazing group. Trapt's self-titled album completely amazed me from the beginning to end. I think i only pressed skip once on this CD and that was when i was ready to start it over again. I only gave it 4 stars however because anytime you pop it into your CD-ROM drive on the computer, the enhanced CD feature always starts up and it takes forever to get rid of it (this is only a problem because i listen to most of my music on the computer when i'm at home) but since i rarely buy CDs anymore, when i saw this, something told me to get it. And i'm glad it did. Go get it now if you haven't already, and if you did, go get some more and hand them out!

Page: 1 | 2